CC Sale Starts today....What did you find???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going when my store opens in an hour. I'm going with my expectations low so as not to come back disappointed if there's nothing there. Good luck to everyone.

My CC's told me that they weren't going to get a restock - everything on the $5 rack or bin is all there's going to be....maybe they were holding out on the good stuff?

I'm going to go in about an hour (an hour before it opens) with a friend to hopefully beat the crowd and get some good games. I just really hope that the games that I want will be there seeing as this week has been pretty sh*tty for me so far.

I'm off now (my CC is an hour and a half away... if traffic is good) so I'll report back around 2 with my findings... if there are any.

I'll be heading out in about 2 and a half hours, before the store opens. I'll probably see the same people I saw there last week. Hopefully it's replenished, but I seriously doubt it.

do CC's open up at 10:00am or 11:00am?
i've heard both, and according to their website, they open up at 11:00...

Yeah mine doesn't open for another hour and a half. My expectations are low since my local CC sux. Oh well I know I have to find something worth $5. Good hunting everyone.

All I'm really hoping from in my venture out there is Sega Soccer Slam, Shenmue II and at least one more decent game for the Cube. 3 hours, 35 minutes and counting. =)

Mine doesn't open up for another half an hour. I'll go there to find out after my kid's doctor appointment which is also in half an hour. :) Hopefully, they'll have what I want on my wishlist.

I'm going when it opens around 11. I would be happy if I find even one game that I want. I'm not expecting much.

I went last Sunday when they opened and picked up 6 games. I was the only person even looking at games the whole time I was there. I got all the games I could find that I thought I would actually play.

I then went Tues afternoon and didn't find a thing, even the ones I didn't want I couldn't find.

I'm expecting to find a bunch of old sports games this morning but I have to go just to be sure.

My store opens at 10 (its almost 8:30 my time). I'll leave in about an hour. I plan on getting there 15 min. before it opens.

It will be interesting to see:
1) how many people are there at opening
2) how many games (and quality) that they have
3) how they display them
4) if there is a fight to get them
5) what I can get

I'm one of the lucky ones on this sale . . . I scooped up some great games on the evening of the 3rd (because of CAG!).

The following games mentioned are not for trade . . . see my tradelist
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21348

I already got Disgaea, RAD, Marvel vs. Capcom, Dark Cloud 2, Mega Man x7, Ikaruga via trade, kiddie games for my son (odd parents, Jimmy Neutron etc) . . . so anything I get today will be a bonus.

I'm looking for odd stuff like Ghoulies, Aqua Aqua, Serious Sam, Star Wars Racer, Wreckless PS2,

Some I will pay $5 for but the extra $2.50 of a trade knocks them out of possibility . . . pretty weird.

I'm gonna go but there's about a 95% chance they'll have nothing. Unless they pulled stock (which my CC is too uh, let's saying couldn't-care-lessish to do...) then it's cleaned out. I got 12 games last Sunday and by Tuesday when I went back they had nothing but sports games out in the bin.

I think I'm buying a projector any way so the trip won't be a total loss.

My local CC has already been picked to the bone, with no more to be added. It's so weird though, as just one week ago they had almost everything on the huge list, and now there is just nothing left hardly.

I couldn't believe that EVERYTHING sold out so quickly.

[quote name='kev']I'm gonna go but there's about a 95% chance they'll have nothing. Unless they pulled stock (which my CC is too uh, let's saying couldn't-care-lessish to do...) then it's cleaned out. I got 12 games last Sunday and by Tuesday when I went back they had nothing but sports games out in the bin.

I think I'm buying a projector any way so the trip won't be a total loss.[/quote]

I don't know but it sounds like mine got shipments that they have held . . . I think it will be the really crappy stuff no hot titles. Mine will have nothing to pull its been picked clean.

Mine opens at 11. I thought my alarm was set for 10:30, since my CC is literally a block or two away from where I live (plan was just to roll out of bed and roll out)...turns out the alarm was set for 8:30 instead. So now I'm awake for another two hours of anticipation...and I still think I won't find anything.

I'll be leaving my house at about 10:30 so I can get to CC early and wait for it to open. I'm also curious as to how many people will be there looking for games. Hopefully they're cool and will help each other find games. I just want Roadkill and Secret Weapons Over Normandy.

Considering that the stores in my area all got an e-mail telling them to start the sale early (friday), I highly doubt any of them are going to have anything. Even those stores that told me on Tuesday that they were pulling off the shelves for Sunday, renigged on that when they put out all the stock Friday. I can only hope that they were lying (as 2 stores had squat on Friday while the other 2 had a ton) or some of the rumors about getting additional stock for Suday's sale is true. I'll be going mostly to see what kind of line there is at the store and to get answers on those questions about if they were holding back. Good luck everyone.

mine opens 11, im going with a few friends, last week i went and got a few games but they didnt have much, im guessing they restock, JUST GIVE ME MARVEL V CAPCOM 2 DAMMIT!

Hey tcrash247, I'm sorry I didn't know you wanted Roadkill. I could have easily helped you out with that. My CC had about four of them earlier this week. They're all gone now.

If your store refused to sell any until Sunday, does that mean they will have a good stock? I overheard the guy talking about he was getting the good picks for himself. Should I even go today.

[quote name='OMEGAMAN']If your store refused to sell any until Sunday, does that mean they will have a good stock? I overheard the guy talking about he was getting the good picks for himself. Should I even go today.[/quote]

Yeah, assuming they didn't already get wiped out last week when the news first hit, like every CC around me. :(

im gonna try and get there tonight im having a stupid yard sale and we cant leave. i want me 5 dollah games !

[quote name='Bigguns582']Im going to the Eastview and henrietta stores in Rochester NY at 11, Hopefully they will have games[/quote]

:( now i'm homesick :(

Hey Bigguns and Silvahalo, you guys are from Rochester? I'm thinking about hitting up the Greece store later today, even though they didn't have much there Wednesday when I tried.

i just got back, and there were only a few games left from the last time i visited...i didnt buy any b/c there wasnt much i wanted...:(

I was there when the doors opened along with about 20 other kids/teens. All I can say is I sure am glad I was there last weekend and picked up 14 games because they had NOTHING today. No restock or anything. It was really bad. They had these 3 big display bins that were almost empty, MAYBE 10 games each in there, almost all of which were old sports games. It was so sad and I really feel bad for the employees working in the video game section today because I am sure they will be reemed all day long for CC putting out an add like that with no merchandise. Guess that's what they get for having a sale a week early when it's NOT in the ad, then posting it in the paper a week late. :?

[quote name='Mookyjooky']They dont have shit....the only CC that have anything are the ones that took shiut off the shelves[/quote]

Mine opens in about 20 minutes and they were one of the stores taking things off the shelves. I hope they have a few goodies for me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back