Return Policies for Online/B&M Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think by the post-marked date, but you should email their customer service to find out for sure. Link provided above.

I called EB and mine said they take returns from their online store so you might want to add that there (with a possible YMMV).

[quote name='EBGames']
Merchandise purchased at EBgames.com may not be returned or exchanged at EB Games stores. The policies of EB Games stores may vary from EBgames.com.
[/quote]

A mention of that was already in there, but I'll reword it. Thanks! :)

Actually EBgames.com have updated their site, it now mentions that games that were bought from ebgames.com can be exchanged or returned at a Electronics Boutique store if you have the original packaging list(order form). Games bought through EB catalogue cannot be exchanged or returned at a EB store. This policy has now been updated in their return policy in the help section of the site.

this is one excellent page you have compiled, I think I will just copy and print out the list for further refererence, so It'll be convenient when I have to return something. This will save me time, and come in handy; I think I'll just paste it on my wall.

Thanks for your efforts, I appreciate it :)

[quote name='supermariomelee']Actually EBgames.com have updated their site, it now mentions that games that were bought from ebgames.com can be exchanged or returned at a Electronics Boutique store if you have the original packaging list(order form). Games bought through EB catalogue cannot be exchanged or returned at a EB store. This policy has now been updated in their return policy in the help section of the site.[/quote]

Thanks for bringing that to my attention! I fixed it above. :)

gizmogc -
I haven't heard from you so I went ahead and posted Game Crazy's policy. It was rather short anyway. 8)

Also added Buy.com, GoGamer.com, and Newegg.com, covering almost all of the stores listed on CAG's front page.

Moiety, its actually a 90 day warranty on used.

-90 warranty on Used software and hardware. You are allowed to try before you buy, so we consider all used sales final (can't return because of dislike)
- New product is under warranty for 7 days after
purchase
- Money back within 7 days of NEW items if unopened.

Does anyone know what a regular Block Busters return policy is for used games? It could really help me out. Thanks.

sj41, Used has a 30 day warrany.

Moiety, I run a Game Crazy. That's pretty much what are policy is. I can type it word for word if you like later today/tomorrow.

?

with returns to gamestop.com- i have the box, unopened, can I just mark it "Return to Sender" drop it in a mailbox and return it that way?

instead of paying for shipping...

I got a Xbox as a gift. I already have a Xbox so I want to return it to get money to buy some games. I don't have a recipt. Where can I return it? I would like cash, but store credit is fine as well. Thansk for your help.

Ok, walmart B&M return policy question. If I were to buy 3 games in the upcoming TRU deal, keep two of them unopened, could I take the unopened games to Walmart without a receit and get full credit for them? I've heard people say that you can return 3 things per year to walmart every year without a receit but it's safer to ask here.

Ok, this sticky was created for the sole purpose of quickly accessing the various return policies of online and B&M stores, i.e. items you have purchased and for whatever reason have decided to return them and want to know the policy (what you need to do, have, etc.). This is not meant as a resource to try to "scam" stores, (returning merchandise from other stores to get more money back). Please refrain from these questions.

Blockbuster/GameRush return policy.

BLOCKBUSTER guarantees the quality of previously viewed movies and games. If there is a problem with the movie or game, bring it back with your receipt within 30 days and we will exchange the movie or game. Refunds if unopened.

All new unopened hardware can be exchanged or refunded with a receipt(unless it was done on a membership account). No returns for defective systems as they come with manufacturer warranty.

All preowned hardware comes with a 30 day guarantee. Exchanges and refunds only given with receipt unless they were done on the account.

Preowned software has a 30 day guarentee. No returns if you don't like it unless you want regular trade in value credit.

Thanks Cory! I'll add this to the front page!

I believe the existing return policies are still the same. If I am missing any stores that you guys want on here, feel free to pm me or post either the store or the whole policy as CoryCubed did.

The EB return policy on used games seems vague. Is it possible to return a used game for a refund/credit? I want to buy a used game, and use it for a trade in deal, but I don't want to be stuck with the game if the deal doesn't work...

Regarding Best Buy, Circuit City, and other retailers' return policies in California.

I heard that a retailer such as Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, etc. has to return/exchange an item that exceeded 30 days (usual return deadline) but falls short of the manufact. warranty.

Is this true?

I do not know about other states' consumer laws.

I read it at another forum from an customer service employee at Best Buy.

I have a question about Gamestop return policies, in-store. You see, my grandpa (who lives in Plainview, TX, which is about 7 hours away from here) bought me Katamari Damacy for me when I was up there a few weeks ago. I want to return it, however, because I would rather have something different. He bought it on his Mastercard. When I tried returning it the other day, they said they couldn't accept it without the original card the game was bought on. It was a gift! How can I return anything now?! Is there anything I can do?

if i bought a TV, opened it, can i still return it to walmart if its opened? I also opened the battery pack to put the batteries into the remote control, is it still returnable? Its been 3 days since i bought it

EDIT, btw i bought the tv from walmart, so its not a receiptless return

[quote name='Sk8erlink7']I have a question about Gamestop return policies, in-store. You see, my grandpa (who lives in Plainview, TX, which is about 7 hours away from here) bought me Katamari Damacy for me when I was up there a few weeks ago. I want to return it, however, because I would rather have something different. He bought it on his Mastercard. When I tried returning it the other day, they said they couldn't accept it without the original card the game was bought on. It was a gift! How can I return anything now?! Is there anything I can do?[/QUOTE]

Did you have a receipt? If you had a receipt, I think they should've taken it. If you don't have a receipt, then you are out of luck unless you provided them the card it was bought on, thats if they tracked the order and found it was bought with the card. Your best bet is to return it to walmart for a walmart gift card, but thats YMMV sometimes.

For Ebgames B&M...

What is their policy on returning unopened new games that were purchased through one of their trade in 5 get this game deals? or switching it to a different game?

Just like a couple posts ago, I just recieved the ipod nano as a gift from a relative. I want to "upgrade" it to the 30gb one. Is there anywhere I can do this without a recipet (but still sealed) outside of ebay? Or am i just stuck with the nano.

[quote name='Kingjay89']Just like a couple posts ago, I just recieved the ipod nano as a gift from a relative. I want to "upgrade" it to the 30gb one. Is there anywhere I can do this without a recipet (but still sealed) outside of ebay? Or am i just stuck with the nano.[/QUOTE]
walmart

[quote name='vherub']?

with returns to gamestop.com- i have the box, unopened, can I just mark it "Return to Sender" drop it in a mailbox and return it that way?

instead of paying for shipping...[/QUOTE]
i know eb lets you return from web at b&m, so maybe they do to.

[quote name='salmonaxxx']The EB return policy on used games seems vague. Is it possible to return a used game for a refund/credit? I want to buy a used game, and use it for a trade in deal, but I don't want to be stuck with the game if the deal doesn't work...[/QUOTE]
yes, u can return as long as you have receipt.

[quote name='Americanpierg']if i bought a TV, opened it, can i still return it to walmart if its opened? I also opened the battery pack to put the batteries into the remote control, is it still returnable? Its been 3 days since i bought it

EDIT, btw i bought the tv from walmart, so its not a receiptless return[/QUOTE]

Yes, Walmart is very good on regular returns even if the item is open you have 90 days.

With Toys R Us, as long as it has the price tag on it, I don't think it'll be a problem. They just won't give you money back. Exchange, maybe even a gift card if there isn't anything you want right away. I suggest calling and speaking to a Customer Service Supervisor or Management.

As with any retailer, if you call in and speak with a supervisor or manager,
Unless they are the dicks of the dickheads, most will understand and give you
your options on what they can do.

Today, I called my local Best Buy. I bought a PC game back on 10/25. Early christmas shopping for my brother. Found out today, he just bought the game. I have the receipt,etc. Its beyond the 30 day return/exchange period.. and it was bought 5 days before Best Buy's Holiday Shopping return eligible items (ie Nov 1st to whenerver)
Talked to the manager, and she's allowing me to exchange it not a problem.

Also with GameStop and EBGames.

If you need to do a return or exchange and have lost your receipt and its within
I believe the last 60 days.

You can head back to the store you purchased it at, and talk to the manager.

Let them know which register you were wrung up on and which day it was specifically. They can view all the transactions for a specific day and track down
your specific transaction. Some will not want to do it, due to it does take time.
But hey, I did it for my customers @ Gamestop all the time.

Is there anyway to return an opened new game to GameRush with a receipt? Doesn't matter if it's store credit or anything, but just looking to get something for a mistake purchase without going the eBay or Amazon or CAG trade route.

Question for everyone about Best Buy returns: what are my odds for successfully returning an item that I bought over a year ago? See, there's that whole 30-day thing, but I'm hoping that's just the time limit for REFUNDS. Maybe they'd relent and give me store credit for a late return?? Anyone have experience in this sort of thing? In my favor, I do have the original packing slip, and the item (old Trigun DVD box set) is still completely sealed, and is still listed on the online site.

So I know a refund is out of the question... I figure maybe if I pitch things smoothly enough to the CSR (like make it very clear I'm making no attempt to get cash) then maybe the YMMV fates will smile upon me. I've had decent luck in the past, getting refunds on stuff that I had no business getting refunds on, very YMMV of course. And I figure if I shoot straight for store credit in this particular scenario, I might have a chance. If anyone has any insight I'd appreciate it.

UPDATE: Holy crap, the force was STRONG with me tonight. The first Best Buy told me that the Trigun DVDs were no longer in the system, so no luck there. But at the second BB, the guy really went out of his way to help me out. After fiddling with the computer a bit, I saw "TRIGUN" and a price appear on the cash register display... I was stunned. The guy suggested that the best way to go about this was for me to buy SOMETHING and then get the remainder credited to me on a gift card. I had no problem with this, as it was obvious that this guy was really bending the rules a bit to accomodate me here, and I appreciated that. I ended up buying a PSP game for my friend and a NINTENDO DS, BABY for myself... after the credit this just cost three dollars and change out of my own pocket. Now it's on to look for deals on the NEW Trigun DVD's... and enjoy my new DS in the meantime!

The moral of this story... well, there is no moral. Just another nice example of YMMV in action!

Well i've got a little problem, i bought a game at Toysrus and i dont have the receipt they told me over the phone that if i didnt have the receipt that i couldnt return it. I dont know where in the world it could have gone too and i need to return the game i got since i already got it as a gift.

Where and how can i return it. There is no price tag on it or nothing. So i'm sol or what?

[quote name='bzchanboy']Well i've got a little problem, i bought a game at Toysrus and i dont have the receipt they told me over the phone that if i didnt have the receipt that i couldnt return it. I dont know where in the world it could have gone too and i need to return the game i got since i already got it as a gift.

Where and how can i return it. There is no price tag on it or nothing. So i'm sol or what?[/quote]

pretty much, I live in CA and all electronics items purchased at TRU must have the receipt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back