Helpful Ebay Links & How To Find Your Item's EBAY VALUE!

Here's a few that I find useful.

Buyer Requirements (block international and dead beat(seller/buyer with strikes/Require Paypal/etc. ) : http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

Deadbeat Buyer : http://rebulk.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CreateDispute

Deadbeat Seller: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?InrCreateDispute

Block/Preapprove/Block Exemption List : http://pages.ebay.com/services/buyandsell/biddermanagement.html

Selling/Buying Offenses/Feedback Abuse (too many to link) - Check here: http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/programs-investigations.html#reporttradingoffense

Ebay contact : http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_us/_base/index.html
- Membership issues
- Listing Violation ( counterfiet, shilling, piracy,prohibited)
- etc... Too many to list

I would include stating how to check completed auctions., there are a lot of people asking "how much will i get if i sell this on ebay".

To check complete auctions:

do a search, for example,

type in "barbie horse adventures xbox" and then hit enter, then look on the left side of the screen and check the box that says "completed auctions" and then click enter. This would save a lot of the stupid topics asking "how much will i get for this on ebay?"

http://search-completed.ebay.com/se...s=90049&fis=2&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=

[quote name='dracula']I would include stating how to check completed auctions., there are a lot of people asking "how much will i get if i sell this on ebay".

To check complete auctions:

do a search, for example,

type in "barbie horse adventures xbox" and then hit enter, then look on the left side of the screen and check the box that says "completed auctions" and then click enter. This would save a lot of the stupid topics asking "how much will i get for this on ebay?"

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&from=R10&satitle=barbie+horse+adventures+xbox&sacat=1249%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D2&fgtp=&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=90049&fis=2&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=[/quote]

That is a very cool tip indeed......

I get asked this a lot and nobody has posted a thread for it.

Here's how you get the eBay average selling price for a game.

0. Don't have your info saved at eBay.

1. Go to www.ebay.com.

2. Click the "Sell" button at the top of the page.

3. Click the "Sell Your Item" button.

4. Log in with your username and password and click "Sign In Securely".

5. Select "Sell item at Online Auction" and click "Continue".

6. On the category selection page, click the "Video Games" radio button and click "Continue".

7. On the next category selection page, select "Games" from the listview and click "Continue".

8. On the "List with Pre-Filled Information" screen, type in the UPC (preferably) or the keywords of the game. Accented words like Pokemon usually screw up this step. For this example, let's pretend we're trying to selling Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. Type in "Enders".

9. On the "Sell Your Item: Select Your Game" screen, click the "Sell one like this" button to the right of the game that matches your game the closest.

10. On the "Sell Your Item: Describe Your Item" screen, type some gibberish into the "Item Description" textview field and click "Continue".

11. On the "Sell Your Item: Enter Pictures & Item Details", locate both the "Average Starting Price" and "Average Sold Price" fields. The "Average Sold Price" IS the eBay average selling price.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']I get asked this a lot and nobody has posted a thread for it.

Here's how you get the eBay average selling price for a game.

0. Don't have your info saved at eBay.

1. Go to www.ebay.com.

2. Click the "Sell" button at the top of the page.

3. Click the "Sell Your Item" button.

4. Log in with your username and password and click "Sign In Securely".

5. Select "Sell item at Online Auction" and click "Continue".

6. On the category selection page, click the "Video Games" radio button and click "Continue".

7. On the next category selection page, select "Games" from the listview and click "Continue".

8. On the "List with Pre-Filled Information" screen, type in the UPC (preferably) or the keywords of the game. Accented words like Pokemon usually screw up this step. For this example, let's pretend we're trying to selling Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. Type in "Enders".

9. On the "Sell Your Item: Select Your Game" screen, click the "Sell one like this" button to the right of the game that matches your game the closest.

10. On the "Sell Your Item: Describe Your Item" screen, type some gibberish into the "Item Description" textview field and click "Continue".

11. On the "Sell Your Item: Enter Pictures & Item Details", locate both the "Average Starting Price" and "Average Sold Price" fields. The "Average Sold Price" IS the eBay average selling price.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't take into account if the game is used or new though.

[quote name='kiun']It doesn't take into account if the game is used or new though.[/quote]

That is correct.

There are flaws to this method that can occur with outliers, too.

However, it gets you in the ballpark 95% of the time.

I've had sold plenty of new things on eBay that simply wouldn't generate even the average selling price and plenty of used things on eBay that generate more than the average selling price.

Do we have a thread of deadbeat bidders/scammers/et cetera? It would be great if we had one thread of bidders best left blocked.

Only reason I bring it up is I have one to add. [FONT=Arial, Verdana]barsik55[/FONT]

This guy was the high bidder on my brothers Atari Jaguar system... and checking his feedback from the past couple days, I don't see that he'll be paying. I had blocked any bidder with more than one negative feedback and unpaid Item Strikes, but those JUST came in after he bid on the item.

ALSO:
I have to report that the OP has a dead link:
Buyer Requirements(block international and dead beat(seller/buyer with strikes/Require Paypal/etc. )

that link doesn't work. This one does though. http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

Edit: Wanted to include link describing Feedback Extortion which Judy³ provided in this thread.

how do I report copyrighted stuff to ebay? A friend of mine, bought a strategy guide (e-guide to your email) from ebay and its basically the same walkthrough guide you get from gamefaqs for free. The sellers won't give him a refund so he kind a piss off about it.

I didn't know where to put this question. It might sound stupid but:

Why do some people on Ebay put a name /Screen name next to the item they are selling?

To prove that the item in the photo belongs to them. Sometimes it is REQUIRED, in this case with PS3 and Wii auctions.

[quote name='guinaevere']Do we have a thread of deadbeat bidders/scammers/et cetera? It would be great if we had one thread of bidders best left blocked.
[/QUOTE]

That list would be 30 pages long in a day.

[quote name='postaboy']how do I report copyrighted stuff to ebay? A friend of mine, bought a strategy guide (e-guide to your email) from ebay and its basically the same walkthrough guide you get from gamefaqs for free. The sellers won't give him a refund so he kind a piss off about it.[/quote]I know how to report an item that is up for auction, but not for a comleted auction.

To get a quick answer to your question, I would start a new thread in this forum. There are a number of eBay vets who I'm sure would help you if they saw your question.

[quote name='Roufuss']That list would be 30 pages long in a day.[/quote]
Awesome, let's do it.

[quote name='Kendro']To prove that the item in the photo belongs to them. Sometimes it is REQUIRED, in this case with PS3 and Wii auctions.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense. Thank you!!

Toolhaus.org

Type in ebay users id and it finds and lists all the negative/neutural feedback. Makes it handy to look up a buyer without wading through pages of positives to find the info your most interested in.

RTB

How do you guys usually ship your games? I'm wondering if I should use Priority or First-Class. I'll probably be printing out labels via PayPal, as that seems to be the easiest option.

First Class is better. You can offer a lower shipping rate with first class and to make the shipping more competitive and still make some money on shipping.

First Class on a game w/ DC online (printed labels) is $1.73 - $1.97 depending on the weight of the game. Figure a $0.20 - $0.33 for a bubble mailer and you can mail a game for a little over $2.00 so even charging $3.50, you are shipping for less than priority and making a dollar on the shipping

Was wondering how dangerous it was to send things international?
I guess worried about deadbeat/scammers as tracking is not that great to send things international. Anyone with some experience let me know. Thanks.

[quote name='malalrd']Was wondering how dangerous it was to send things international?
I guess worried about deadbeat/scammers as tracking is not that great to send things international. Anyone with some experience let me know. Thanks.[/quote]

In my experience, Canada and western Europe (U.K. France, Germany, The Scandinavian Nations, Spain, pretty much anywhere west of Austria) are fine, so is most of the Pacific Rim (Japan, S. Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Australia , and New Zealand). Other than that, I wouldn't bother unless you send your item Global Express Mail (GEM) which is insured and trackable, but that service starts at about $20.

I would not ship to Italy, Mexico, or Brazil...postal systems are very corrupt in those nations.

[quote name='briansraregames']In my experience, Canada and western Europe (U.K. France, Germany, The Scandinavian Nations, Spain, pretty much anywhere west of Austria) are fine, so is most of the Pacific Rim (Japan, S. Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Australia , and New Zealand). Other than that, I wouldn't bother unless you send your item Global Express Mail (GEM) which is insured and trackable, but that service starts at about $20.

I would not ship to Italy, Mexico, or Brazil...postal systems are very corrupt in those nations.[/quote]

Hey thanks a lot. That helped quite a bit. Any experience shipping to Netherlands?

From another thread, but I thought this would be good to throw in here when a seller disappears on you.

[quote name='invinceable104']Have you tried this:
Find Contact Information

That should instantly email you his phone number etc, but I'm not sure if it'll still work if they aren't registered[/quote]

Brian, I hope you don't mind, I added two Nintendo Bootleg related links to the OP.

The Bootleg thread had the old Nintendo Anti-Piracy website which hadn't been updated in years, and I was looking for the Nintendo contact info for the pirated DS games coming out of China right now.

This is a great resource for these quick links. It is such a pain to find some of these on ebay.

I wanted to add a resource people can use when finding the value of their games on ebay. I run VGPC.com and we show the 30 day average price for about 10,000 video games based upon the ebay prices. You can also see the past prices with a chart going back 18+ months in some cases.

Quite a few people use the site so they can see how much their games are worth on one page instead of having to average the prices of ebay auctions. Plus ebay only shows 2 weeks of data so it doesn't always give enough info.

[quote name='postaboy']how do I report copyrighted stuff to ebay? A friend of mine, bought a strategy guide (e-guide to your email) from ebay and its basically the same walkthrough guide you get from gamefaqs for free. The sellers won't give him a refund so he kind a piss off about it.[/quote]

I don't know if someone has answered this already, did your friend pay via Paypal? It should be easy, in my case, do a charge back or file a dispute with Paypal and open up an investigate so he might get money back.

sorry no idea.
happy.gif

[quote name='briansraregames']In my experience, Canada and western Europe (U.K. France, Germany, The Scandinavian Nations, Spain, pretty much anywhere west of Austria) are fine, so is most of the Pacific Rim (Japan, S. Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Australia , and New Zealand). Other than that, I wouldn't bother unless you send your item Global Express Mail (GEM) which is insured and trackable, but that service starts at about $20.

I would not ship to Italy, Mexico, or Brazil...postal systems are very corrupt in those nations.[/QUOTE]

I have had a significant increase in "where is my game" emails and "item not received" claims from Germany (and 1 out of 1 from Austria)...

Does anyone know if it's okay to ship from a different town than the one that is associated with your account and the item you sold through Ebay?

Sorry if someone has mentioned this but it is a lifesaver if you list alot

Turbo Lister

It's freeware developed by ebay for the bigger sellers to be able to make ads faster, you can make templates for similar items (like if you sell alot of games you could have a folder of twenty "game" auctions where all you have to edit is the description, add pictures, and a title)

One of the biggest advantages Turbo-Lister gives you is the ability to self-host images, instead of paying ebay to host the one or two pictures of your item, you can upload up to twelve to photbucket/imageshack/uploadhouse/whatever and copy the links into TurboLister and they will be on the ad free of charge. That REALLY cuts down on costs in the long run AND your ad will look better and give the purchaser more confidence in what they are buying. They are buying from someone with nothing to hide instead of a two-bit seller that takes one single picture and tosses a "It's pretty good, a couple of scratches" in the description and calls it a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back