oops

This seems highly unlikely unless it was to open a huge new store, even though seems pretty unreal. If this ever goes into effect, I'll be the first to call out sick and get in line.

Nice, but I find it hard to believe.
Gamestop/ebgames usually give you next to nothing in terms of trade in.
and all of a sudden, we're getting paid whatever they usually charge for a used game - $5?
that seems like a drastic improvement.
Hopefully, it is true.
We'll see.

Most GS/EB profit comes from used games sales. Do you really think they are going to undermine it by doing this insane offer?

No, they won't. Shenigans!

I thought the same things, I was just passing along something my old boss told me. I know if it's true, I'll be very tempted to trade in a lot of games I wasn't planning on getting rid of..

[quote name='CaptPete']And so completely financial suicide for GameStop/EB.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they're just bored of making a profit and want to try something new?

Only if they did it with "selected" games $20 or less and absolutely no consoles. Otherwise I smell a late April"s fool...

[quote name='$hady']LOL not a chance.......[/quote]

LOL yep, it's just 2 stores in the New Orleans area because of the signs I mentioned in the original post LOL

Mods move to Regional: Southeast(?) I guess

This cant be possible. Maybe your "friend" is just trying to get you into EB so he can push more pre-played products on you (in which, that case, he isn't really much of a friend at all). ;)

But really, what would happen if these dropped a month later? They're going to lose tons of profit on merchandise.... which is why this cant be true.

[quote name='zackattack']Nope, he was my boss for 3 years, he's not my "friend," he's my friend.
I'll post a receipt scan when I trade something in.[/quote]

Well, for the second time this week, I have to explain that a wink ;) at the end of the sentance signales that its indeed a joke. No harm intended! :)

[quote name='Rozz']Well, for the second time this week, I have to explain that a wink ;) at the end of the sentance signales that its indeed a joke. No harm intended! :)[/quote]
I know, just clarifying :)

joevan : EB at Esplanade Mall and GS in Laplace(not sure on the exact location of this store)

t_170_x_170_455.jpg

[quote name='Kuma']im expecting a hurricane joke anytime now[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of people got swept away by the thought of fantastic deals.

EB/GS thought about doing this hoping nobody had games left after Katrina... when they noticed interest, they realized these people still had them

Nah, neither of these stores got looted afaik.

Neither of the managers I know was working tonight, so I didn't bother trying verify this, since someone said they called and were told something different. I'll try tomorrow night.
I'm not sure why this hasn't been moved yet, I'm sorry it's taking up space on the wrong forum.

Hm - I would think the Clearview mall one would be the one doing this (if theres even one in CV) :whistle2:s again - I thought that area had some damage to it.

But it kinda makes sense to me because they probably don't have a ton of used stock at the moment but still, you'd think their regional HQ would just ship som boxes down. Hopefully this pans out.

i got a call from gamestop today saying they would give me something like 37 gamebucks for kingdom hearts 2 if i traded it in. i was pretty surprised with the fact that they called me to let me know and that it was so damn high.

If this were true I might have to make a 2-3 hour drive to new orleans. If it turns out to be true pm me the store number so I might call before driving a long ways.

this is almost certainly fake, i wont even bother calling bc it cannot possibly be for real. Maybe for people in new orleans, or maybe it is a one day only door buster event to get people into the store

as the cag resident nola area gs guy, I call bs, shit I talked to the Esp store manager TODAY. I'm sure he would have mentioned that his DM has gone insane (theres two different nola area DMs since the merge.)

~b

i called the laplace store today and the guy who anwsered wouldnt tell me over the phone he said" Since we have a trade in special come on in and let us look at it , and you will be happy" then i asked what is the trade in deal and he said "just come on in". if any one else wants to give it a try call them at (985)652-7468

For now, my scanner is boxed up because it's so huge, so you have to deal with a somewhat dim digital picture:
lol.jpg

The left column is the original trade in value and the right is the amount of credit I received. I got $1 for GTA 3 because it sells for $4.99, 1$ is it's normal trade in value.

Lol resident nola GS guy et al.

Dang you now I gotta ponder driving to the greater new orleans area to trade in like 20 ps2 games for like a ds and or a psp.

I dunno, I kept a couple of the games I was considering because ebay was a better route, also because I had not played them enough to decide whether or not I like them(Atelier Iris and Growlanser Generations, which were both around $25 in credit with this deal).

I'd definitely call and make sure the deal is still active before making a long drive, also check prices online to try to judge how much you'll get and if it will be worth your time.

The competing store(Gametrader) gives decent prices on most stuff, but their selection is a little lacking, so I guess if you head out and aren't happy with the values, you could try them.

[quote name='zackattack']I dunno, I kept a couple of the games I was considering because ebay was a better route, also because I had not played them enough to decide whether or not I like them(Atelier Iris and Growlanser Generations, which were both around $25 in credit with this deal).

I'd definitely call and make sure the deal is still active before making a long drive, also check prices online to try to judge how much you'll get and if it will be worth your time.

The competing store(Gametrader) gives decent prices on most stuff, but their selection is a little lacking, so I guess if you head out and aren't happy with the values, you could try them.[/QUOTE]

do you know how long it lasts? and do i have to say anything special to trade in my ds? and what is the trade in price for a ps2?

You shouldn't have to say anything special, but if they offer you less you should speak up.
I, as well as both managers I know at Esplanade, have no idea how long GS will let this crazy shit go on, but I'd get out there ASAP.
DS would get approx $115 and Ps2 would probably be $95 for a fatty and $105 for a slim or something near that, with the current deal. It's just $5 less than whatever they sell the stuff for(systems included)

[quote name='zackattack']You shouldn't have to say anything special, but if they offer you less you should speak up.
I, as well as both managers I know at Esplanade, have no idea how long GS will let this crazy shit go on, but I'd get out there ASAP.
DS would get approx $115 and Ps2 would probably be $95 for a fatty and $105 for a slim or something near that, with the current deal. It's just $5 less than whatever they sell the stuff for(systems included)[/QUOTE]

one more question do the items have to be complete? i have a few disc only games.

as far as I know they don't ahve to be, that's what I was told at esplanade. No clue about the laplace store honestly. I know the Esplanade store was very laid back about complete stuff when I worked there, we always gave full value except right after they started offering less for incomplete stuff.

Systems would have to be complete though. Edit, I mean they'd have to have all cables and a contrller, not the box.

[quote name='zackattack']as far as I know they don't ahve to be, that's what I was told at esplanade. No clue about the laplace store honestly. I know the Esplanade store was very laid back about complete stuff when I worked there, we always gave full value except right after they started offering less for incomplete stuff.

Systems would have to be complete though. Edit, I mean they'd have to have all cables and a contrller, not the box.[/QUOTE]

im going to the esplande store tommorow i am from the westbank. Thanks for the headsup, you sir kick ass.

and it seems they are trying to fuck gametrader over, awesome I'm all for that. heh I didn't talk to him about work stuff. apperantly the dm is pissed at some GT promotion. don't expect this to last long tho.

~b

[quote name='raveneyes']and it seems they are trying to fuck gametrader over, awesome I'm all for that. heh I didn't talk to him about work stuff. apperantly the dm is pissed at some GT promotion. don't expect this to last long tho.

~b[/QUOTE]

GT sucks ass they give better trad credit for a reason ( there games are expensive as hell.)23 for a used PC Windwaker.

bread's done
Back