Most loved by you, but never heard of by others

CosmosTheMouse

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
What games did you love, but when brought up with people they said "what are you talking about". The hidden jems that you enjoyed that were less played by the "normal" community.

2 I can think off off the top of my head, both for Sega Genesis.

The Haunting Starring Polterguy :bouncy:
Most of the time when I brought this up people never heard of it or even saw the game period. You had to haunt a family out of various houses using spook methods such as throwing stuff at them, posessing items in the house, and at one point.... even making a dog appear from nowhere crap on a bed. This was one of my fave titles released on Gen.

Dynamite Headdy :hot:
I dunno if it was spelled with 2 d's. He would change various heads in this side scroller to do different actions. Similar to how Kirby sucked people in and changed into them. Dynamite Headdy would change heads at will. The bosses were damn strange as well.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Beyond the Beyond[/quote]

Seconded... didn't get very far but the graphics were good and the beats were pretty sick.

Silent Bomber - PS1
Bionic Commando Elite Force - GBC
Crystalis - NES/GBC
Special Forces: Nemesis Strike - Xbox
Zero Gunner 2 - DC
Oh, and Madden 2006.

[quote name='Dezuria']Mc Kids for the NES.[/QUOTE]

...I thought I was the only one...

Played this game everyday when I was a kid. I must have beaten it 100 times by now. Have you tried out the Prototype version? Its VERY interesting...PM me

The game that fits most in this category for me is The Battle of Olympus for NES. One of the greatest games ever made, and it totally kicks the better-known Zelda II's ass.

I really liked Robot Alchemic Drive for the PS2, but none of my friends or co-workers saw the appeal in the game.

Oh well...:whistle2:?

[quote name='shipwreck']The Twisted Tales Of Spike McFang (SNES) - Absolutely amazing game.[/quote]

I actually remember that one.
Dude in a top hat flinging cards.... sort of an rpg action game from overhead. That was some good stuff.

Legend on the SNES. Great fantasy-themed side-scrolling brawler. A bit like Golden Axe.

General Chaos on the Genesis, though that might not fit the "never heard of by others" part. :)

Light Crusader on the genesis- Diablo style RPG. I remember item farming for hours then selling everything I found to a cat.....

Black Tiger - I'm very happy they're putting this one on the upcoming PS2 Capcom Collection 2 (or whatever it's called)., And yea, I know it's on the PSP collection as well, but I'd rather have this on the big screen. ;)

As for a more recent game, I'd say Culdcept. I get some very funny looks when I tell people how much time I've logged into a game they've never even heard of. :p

Wetrix (N64) and Wetrix + (DC)

Beetle Adventure Racing! (N64) Seriously, I just had fun exploring in this game.

The Extreme-G series especially Extreme-G 3 (GC, PS2). I had more fun with that then F-Zero GX.

I remember going to a christian book store when I was younger and seeing some Nintendo games in there for like $30-$40. I saved for like 2 months doing extra stuff around the house for money. Anyway, I finally got a hold of one of them. It had like 5 games on each cartridge. Such as, get Joseph and Mary to Bethlehem, or get baby Jesus down the mountains on a donkey. Anyway, the games sound retarted but they were actually pretty fun. I played those games for hours.

Some probably know about this, but there was a game on NES called Dodge Ball. There was actually one on the Game Boy Advance that was the sequal. This game was awesome. It had a mode where you could be the US and go against all the other teams of the world. Or you could do a mode where you picked a guy from the US and faced all the other US players in a "free for all" where you just had to survive. Each guy had a super throw that was harder to dodge and took more energy from the opponents.

There was a game on NES and Game Boy called World Cup. It had the same graphics as Dodge Ball. Also, each character had a super kick shot that the goaly had a hard time of blocking.

And last at the moment, I know someone has heard of this, but I really liked Megaman Soccer. I don't think this was widely sold, but maybe I am wrong.

Johnny Bazookatone (SAT)- Soundtrack provided by Richie Sambora
Heimdall (SegaCD) - An early Diablo.
Vay's (SegaCD) - Working Design's import.
Miracle Warriors: Seal of the Dark Lord (SMS)- The first RPG I ever finished.
Gladius (XBOX) - Awesome Turn Based Startegy

pong 3d - ps1

it's good, i swear!

i played dodgeball on nes all the time - even got a lil' choked up when you beat the ussr and they take the photo.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Snatcher for Sega CD for me. I swear, sometimes I feel like I'm pimping this game on here...[/QUOTE]
I love Snatcher. I would give anything for Kojima to either remake the game, or give us some sort of sequel.

Robot Alchemic Drive-I love this game. It does a great job of simulating the feel of pilloting a giant robot. The voice acting may be really bad, but it fits since the entire game is a spoof on the giant robot genre.

Burning Rangers-One of the last games released for the Saturn. It was about a team of futuristic firefighters. It was a really fun game that had you putting out fires, and rescusing people trapped inside buildings. It also had some weird storyline about an evil computer AI. I wonder why Sega doesn't make a sequel to this game, but then I remember that Sega apparently doesn't like making good games anymore.

Dragon Force-Another Saturn game, and one that still sits in my top 5 games of all time. Probably the best strategy game I've ever played. You pick one of 5 rulers, and attempt to take over the continent. The game really makes it feel like you're commanding a large army.

Silent Bomber-Glad to see that someone else mentioned this. A really fun action game. Damn shame that not many people played it.

Project Justice-I was a huge fan of Rival Schools for the PS1, so as soon as I heard Project Justice was coming out I was ecstatic. Boy was I surprised when on the day it came out I couldn't find it anywhere. Apparently Capcom had released it in small supply. I finally found a copy at a Funcoland (now Gamestop) a few miles away. Excellent game. Might as well put Rival Schools here too.

Tech Romancer-A mecha fighting game that spoofed everything from Evangelion to Gundam to Mazinger Z. Was even one of the few DC games that actually used the VMU for more than saving data. Had a few minigames you could play on it.

[quote name='argyle']
As for a more recent game, I'd say Culdcept. I get some very funny looks when I tell people how much time I've logged into a game they've never even heard of. :p[/QUOTE]

I second Culdcept. I got it at EB a while back for $3 and it was easily the best $3 I ever spent. I was totally hooked on that game and I'm seriously considering getting a 360 just for the next iteration.

Second on Wetrix and Wetrix+. Also adding Blast Corps (N64) and Uniracers (SNES) to the list. I remember speding days trying to figure out how to do the 3x and 4x Special tricks in Uniracers, only to find out that they didn't exist... great racing game.

full_pc_rocketjockey.jpg

Ken Griffey Jr.'s Major League Baseball (The original one for SNES). SOOO FUN, really unrealistic but thats what made it fun.

Hammer of the Gods- PC (Precursor to Heroes of Might and Magic)
King's Bounty- PC (Precursor to Heroes of Might and Magic)
Star Trails- PC
Empire Delux- PC
Vikings - PC
The original Star Fleet Command
Lands of Lore- PC
Alien Legacy- PC

If you want an awesome baseball game, the best baseball game I have EVER played is Little League World Series for NES. That game is the only baseball I have ever liked enough to play an entire season(more like a tournament). For anyone who has played it, I dare you to name a better team than the mighty New York.

Blast Corps was great, but I thought more people had heard of it so I did not mention it. I actually picked it up again last week at Ebgames for $5.

I saw some really good ones listed that people beat me to.
Dragon Force was absolutely amazing (but a bit repetive)
Vay was also good
CRYSTALIS IS AWSOME AND MAY BE ONE OF THE MOST UNDERRATED GAMES IN VIDEO GAME HISTORY.

I would like to add
Dragon Warrior IV to the list, one of the best RPGs of all time
The Sega CD version of Lunar the Silver Staris superior to the PSOne version.
X-Men Mutant Apocalypse for SNES
Sunset Riders SNES
Super Castlevania IV SNES
I could go on all day/

Subspace (now known as Continuum). The best online multiplayer game you've never played. I started back in aboutu 1996 or 1997 and have still played this game, and it has never gotten boring once. A good game of Powerball is epic - the sort of experience that no current game can afford anymore.

After the parent company failed - VIE (Virgin Interactive Entertainment) - we as players set up our own servers and kept the game going. A few years ago, intrepid programmers within the community reverse-engineered the entire damn game, allowing us to do whatever we want with it (because we now officially own the rights as a group of players). That said, new content is added every once and a while, and despite a MAJOR mishap a few months ago (we lost server hosting), we're still chugging along. I hope to someday be rich enough that I could help out the community a little more directly.

In any case, it is THE best game and by far the game I've played the most in my lifetime and will ever play. It outclasses everything else in multiplayer.

I'd list a bunch of adventure games from the 1990s, but I'm talking to a bunch of gamers so I'm pretty sure everyone knows about them.

However, Runaway was a great adventure game released a few years ago. I know some people here have played it, but I still recommend it.

I mean, were this to be regular people I was talking to, I'd bust out all sorts of answers - Day of the Tentacle, Loom, Katamari Damacy, Earthbound, Warioware, etc.

OMG! I love those River City Ransom sports games! The dodge ball one was called Super Dodgeball and it totally hooked me back in the day. Man, back in the day I thought that shit was REAL. Anyways, World Cup was badass too, and my version came as two games in one cartridge. The other game was Super Spike V-Ball. That game was very fun as well, but didn't have the RCR graphics. World Cup is a big reason why I want to pick up Super Mario Strikers. If it's anywhere near as fun, I can't wait. Yay for backflip kicks that make your ball all blinky and powerful.

[quote name='Rags']
Some probably know about this, but there was a game on NES called Dodge Ball. There was actually one on the Game Boy Advance that was the sequal. This game was awesome. It had a mode where you could be the US and go against all the other teams of the world. Or you could do a mode where you picked a guy from the US and faced all the other US players in a "free for all" where you just had to survive. Each guy had a super throw that was harder to dodge and took more energy from the opponents.

There was a game on NES and Game Boy called World Cup. It had the same graphics as Dodge Ball. Also, each character had a super kick shot that the goaly had a hard time of blocking.
[/quote]

Man, you and I may be the only two people who ever bought this game! I probably still have my original cartridge lying around somewhere. I clocked in a lot of time on this as a kid. Don't you just hate running out of slime?

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']
The Haunting Starring Polterguy :bouncy:
Most of the time when I brought this up people never heard of it or even saw the game period. You had to haunt a family out of various houses using spook methods such as throwing stuff at them, posessing items in the house, and at one point.... even making a dog appear from nowhere crap on a bed. This was one of my fave titles released on Gen.
[/quote]

mckids, was actually loads of fun, i remember my dad actually buying it for me back int he day :)..ninja warriors was fun, i remember that, had like the best "super" attacks ....beyond the beyond was the first psx rpg ive ever played, and i loved it, i still wouldnt mind buying it for a replay..

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']North and South for the NES.[/QUOTE]

Great pick, great game!

[quote name='Rags']I remember going to a christian book store when I was younger and seeing some Nintendo games in there for like $30-$40. I saved for like 2 months doing extra stuff around the house for money. Anyway, I finally got a hold of one of them. It had like 5 games on each cartridge. Such as, get Joseph and Mary to Bethlehem, or get baby Jesus down the mountains on a donkey. Anyway, the games sound retarted but they were actually pretty fun. I played those games for hours. [/quote]

You speak of Bible Adventures for NES.

[quote name='Rags']Some probably know about this, but there was a game on NES called Dodge Ball. There was actually one on the Game Boy Advance that was the sequal. This game was awesome. It had a mode where you could be the US and go against all the other teams of the world. Or you could do a mode where you picked a guy from the US and faced all the other US players in a "free for all" where you just had to survive. Each guy had a super throw that was harder to dodge and took more energy from the opponents.

There was a game on NES and Game Boy called World Cup. It had the same graphics as Dodge Ball. Also, each character had a super kick shot that the goaly had a hard time of blocking.[/quote]

Both fun games. If you like the style, check out also River City Ransom and Crash 'N The Boys Street Challenge, both for NES and made by the same people.

I love North and South as well. None of my friends will play me multiplayer any longer. If this came out for XBox Live Arcade, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I'll add:

A.P.B. arcade/Atari Lynx/Midway Collection. Funny game, and good, difficult gameplay.

S.O.S. SNES. If they made a good 3D version of this, maybe with online multiplayer coop, it would own. It's a game where you're on a sinking ship, and always start with the same amount of time until it sinks. As time progresses, the ship rotates, and fills with water. Different characters start at different locations on the ship, and you have the option of helping others or simply running by them on your way to safety. I love the design of the game.

And just so my games aren't all acronyms, I'll suggest...

Warlords Arcade/Atari/Atari Collections. It's like a 4 player competitive brick breaker, where you're defending a corner each. You have to prevent the ball from getting past you, or it'll take a chunk of your shields. If a ball gets through your shields and hits your corner, you're dead. Being able to 'catch' and hold the balls for a short period of time makes for some fun redirecting strategy, and more balls are added to play as time elapses. Some of the most fun I've had on a multiplayer console game, and it's simple enough that non-gamers can pick it up easily. It's another game that'd be awesome on XBLA.

I used to play this one baseball game (MLBPA Baseball or something) there was a bunch of sweet codes for it, such as rubber fields and frozen fields. A lot of mindless fun.

[quote name='gizmogc']...I thought I was the only one...

Played this game everyday when I was a kid. I must have beaten it 100 times by now. Have you tried out the Prototype version? Its VERY interesting...PM me[/quote]

Thrid'd. MC Kids is a great game.

+1 on Rocket Jockey--I'd -kill- for a modern update on that. I played the hell out of that game.

+1 on Gladius, too.

For my own additions, Blast Corps on the N64; PaTaank, Space Hulk, and Road Rash for the 3DO; Rocko's Modern Life for the Genesis; and any of the Deception games for the PS1.

Oh, and Terra Nova for the PC. That's probably my favorite Looking Glass game of them all, but it gets no love. :/

bread's done
Back