Eureka starts tonight...anyone watching?

nevposey

CAGiversary!
From the promos, this looks pretty interesting. I've gotta hurry and pick up NCAA before the show starts at 9.

I will watch the first couple of episodes. Looks interesting enough.

from http://www.scifi.com/eureka/

Nestled in the Pacific Northwest, Eureka is a seemingly ordinary town whose residents lead ordinary lives … at least to the naked eye. Shrouded in secrecy, the picturesque hamlet is actually a community of scientific geniuses assembled by the government to conduct top-secret research.

plus it will have the preview commercial of next seasons battlestar :)

I'll dvr it but I imagine the same thing will happen with all the other shows/movies I dvr from the Sci-fi Channel .. I'll watch the first 5 minutes and be completely bored and turn it off.

Does anyone remember when Sci-Fi used to have lots of movies (not their shitty in-house stuff either) and syndicated sci fi shows from other channels that were actually entertaining?

/still bitter about Sci Fi Channel being the death of MST3k

//rant over

God dammit, they just have to show all the shows I want to see on Tuesdays. :roll: Hopefully it'll be encore'd later in the week.

I wanna know why Sci-Fi doesn't pick up Babylon 5, Star Trek Voyager, or Enterprise. I mean, they picked up Dark Angel, and that show only had 2 fucking seasons.

cast1bs6.jpg

[quote name='evilmax17']
cast1bs6.jpg
[/quote]

I remember that show. What a blast from the past. And I just came across mention today of another old show I use to love .. Eerie, Indiana

I used to watch Eureka's Castle all day long. I was like 3 years old and I had just got an NES so naturally I played Mario and watch this all day.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']bring back sliders plz,[/QUOTE]

Sci-Fi=the death of Sliders

But I think I'm going to beat my head in if I see another Blade commercial on Spike while I watch Star Trek. Every fuckING commercial break, the same commercial.

Anyways....I DVRd it, I'll check it out tomorrow.

[quote name='Maklershed']I remember that show. What a blast from the past. And I just came across mention today of another old show I use to love .. Eerie, Indiana[/quote]

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN YOU!!!!! That show sounds sooooooooooo familiar!

[quote name='evanft']I wanna know why Sci-Fi doesn't pick up Babylon 5, Star Trek Voyager, or Enterprise. I mean, they picked up Dark Angel, and that show only had 2 fucking seasons.[/quote]

QFT.

Not a bad show at all. The worst part about it was the preview for Battlestar Galactica.

Stupid three month wait.....

Ha, I know...I can't wait. I was only able to watch the first hour so far, but I definitely think this is a show I could get into. I thought it had a fun premise to it and the main character was pretty charissmatic.

Anyone else notice how Sci-Fi recycles actors in their self-produced series? The General in Eureka is the same guy that plays the Russian General in SG1. And they hired Lexa Doig from Andromeda to play Beau Bridges' daughter in SG1. She also happens to be married to Michael Shanks... There are probably other examples, but those are all I can think of at the moment.

Eureka was pretty good, I'll probably stick with it.

The DVR summary said the guy's name is Colin Ferguson. I was like, why does anyone from Scotland want to visit the Pacific Northwest?

Not to mention Ben Browder and Claudia Black Who were both on Farscape are both now on SG1. Not complaining though...

I finally got around to watching it. Meh, it was ok, nothing great but most pilots usually aren't that great to begin with.

I think each episode of this show has gotten a little better. Two hours is a little much for any premiere IMO (finales, that's a different story).

Anyhow, the episode the other night was definitely great. I thought the chemistry between Jack and Henry was really good. I also thought Zoe's friend was pretty funny.

The way the episode started reminded me of the episode of BSG where Apollo is on Cloud Nine and everything is set up by a "flash forward" sequence.

I'm a fan now, but I still got antz in my pants after the preview of battlestar galactica they showed in Eurekas premier. I can believe the season finale wasn't a dream!

I started watching it when Sci-Fi kept rerunning the show during its first week, adn I must say, it's not bad. I missed most of last week's, but hopefully I can catch tonight's.

i stopped watching tv for a while now...
all they have is fucking little junior high kids debating whether to fuck the kid next door or two doors down
either that or shit like CSI.....
every single damn episode is the same....

someone gets killed
CSI investigates
no lead
they get ONE tiny clue
they solve the case

that scenario is only good for like maybe 1 episode...change it up a bit

and dont get me started on fucking MTV...

going back to the original topic here...Scifi channel is the same shit...same type of show over and over...

the only decent channel out there is G4...but even thats getting repetitive

just my 2 cent...hey i never forced you to read this...so dont get all worked up over this...its just one guys opinion

[quote name='MrDemonicAngel']

the only decent channel out there is G4...but even thats getting repetitive

[/QUOTE]

WOW. you just lost all credibility in my book. G4 only decent channel out there? I hope my sarcasm meter is broken or your just high.

I watched the whole first episode, but as for the rest of the episodes I've only managed to watch bits and pieces. Awesome show though.

All of the shows are entertaining, but it is playing during the summer. I am not sure if I would watch it if it aired in the fall.

This is the second time since the premier that I've forgotten Eureka was on. I just looked at Sci-fi's site and it looks like the only rerun of it is now half way over.
Sci-fi usually reruns their shows at least once after the day they originally aired, and they don't for Eureka? :cry:

[quote name='ryanbph']All of the shows are entertaining, but it is playing during the summer. I am not sure if I would watch it if it aired in the fall.[/quote]
I am enjoying Eureka and I want it to succeed, but my biggest beef with it is that for a show that's supposed to be about a town full of the best and brightest scientists, the science is fairly stupid. After the first two episodes, I had convinced myself they didn't actually have a science advisor, but they really do.

I want that job. It obviously can't be that hard.

I wouldn't say the science is stupid, but it is interesting that the last few episodes have focused on miltitary projects. I think they'll progbably shift gears from this in future episodes.

I really thought Tuesday's was an interesting concept. Admittedly, I watched it at 1am, so I think I missed a few plot details while I was starting to get sleepy. I didnt really grasp the monkey thing until after I rewatched a few parts.

is there any where to dl the last show, alienated. I had dvr'd it but it ended up being stan lee's superhero show. I don't mind paying, but I didn't see it on itunes.

I looked at SciFi's schedule and didn't see a replay coming up. I know they have podcasts on the SciFi Pulse page, so maybe that will help get you back up to speed on the show. Also, I'm sure they'll have any relevant plotlines from last week recapped at the start of tomorrow's show.

bread's done
Back