What guest(s) would you like to see on a future CAGcast?

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I think Christopher Grant from Joystiq did a great job on CAGcast #40.
What other guests would you like to see in future CAGcats?

Me. Haha... anyone in the industry would probably make a good guest. Even if you get some non-industry person to debate an issue related to video games it could be good - especially cool if it had a shopping/deal slant to it.

I really liked Christopher Grant on the CAGcast as well. I wouldn't mind him being on the show again.

And of course, the biggest Icon in Professional Gaming - JimmieMac. (Again)

Kaz Hirai

Although, I think he's gone into hiding since E3. I mean we haven't heard anything from the guy in 3 months.

Mrs. Cheapy + Mrs. Wombat could be interesting. Perhaps someone from Kotaku to even the playing field. Someone from R* to talk about Bully, or someone who's working on Gears of War to talk somewhat about that.

Didn't you know someone over at Large Animal Games? Maybe you could have him on and talk about what the casual games market is like and Live Arcade and all that kind of stuff.

Christopher Grant did an excellent job. I'd like to listen to anyone from game magazines, web-sites, or any other game critic and/or journalist. So, maybe some guys from Kotaku and some more from Joystiq.

Gabe and Tycho from Penny Arcade.

Or else get some female gaming personality/journalist like Dana Jawhatever-her-name-is from OPM.

I'd like to hear interviews w/Japanese devs/gaming folks, but that's probably too difficult to pull off for a number of reasons.

Still, if that were possible, I'd like to hear from the Treasure guys, or maybe G-Rev for example.

I just realized something, why not interview a set of developers near and dear to the hardcore gamers heart no one does or gets a shot at. Have you thought of interviewing Nihon Falcom cheapy?
Btw if you want to butter Naka-sama up I have some great info for you to help get him.
Also Tetsuya Mizuguchi would be AWESOME! Ask him if any more of his gaming crack is coming.
edit: Oh yes and Strell please. I haven't heard enough Cock jokes in my life. Chuckle.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I'll probably get shit for it, but Jack Thompson. I'd love to hear you verbally berate the hell out of him Cheapy![/quote]
QTF! Bring on JT! (goes to gather pitchforks...):bouncy:

Javeryh. He lives in NYC so it wouldn't be to difficult to get him to swing by CAG HQ. Not only that, it would be great to have him on to discuss the topic of game legislation and any bathroom stories he might have.

For the people on Jack Thompson is it really even fun to mess with a guy who's been shown to be a tool again and again in media? If you want to mess with someone who can be a further threat and delegitamize them why not get Joe Lieberman or Hilary Clinton. Besides it's about time we drove home our point we don't like the games industry scapegoated just because they don't bribe or bribe Congress enough to have them be left alone.

[quote name='dcfox']Javeryh. He lives in NYC so it wouldn't be to difficult to get him to swing by CAG HQ. [/QUOTE]
You mean Wombat's apartment? :lol:

They use Skype I believe, so pretty much anyone can be a guest.

[quote name='Sarang01']For the people on Jack Thompson is it really even fun to mess with a guy who's been shown to be a tool again and again in media? If you want to mess with someone who can be a further threat and delegitamize them why not get Joe Lieberman or Hilary Clinton. Besides it's about time we drove home our point we don't like the games industry scapegoated just because they don't bribe or bribe Congress enough to have them be left alone.[/quote]

Hillary "I'm not a dyke" Clinton, and Lieberman would be too high profile and even harder to get a hold of for something like that

No one. The three-man show just doesn't do it for me. It feels "forced" (i.e. You specifically have to direct questions at your third guest instead of allowing them to just jump into the conversation). For example, other than the segment when you read Chris the listeners' questions, you had to ask, "So what do you think, Chris?" or "What's your take on that, Chris?" It seemed to detract from the overall spontaneity of the show, which is what I like about the CAGcast.

And JimmieMac murdered CAGcast #4. It was even worse than the CheapyDrunk E3 coverage. Don't ever invite him back.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Hillary "I'm not a dyke" Clinton, and Lieberman would be too high profile and even harder to get a hold of for something like that[/QUOTE]

Yes but one of our fellow gamers needs to rip into them. I'm not in the mood for us to become the new scapegoats in the next election.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']The hard gay guy.[/QUOTE]
haha
there is no way they could pull in Razor Ramon

It would be interesting if you could get a CAG who works at like a BB, Gamestop/EB, or another retailer and we could ask them questions.

Mrs. Cheapy, Mrs. Wombat, Mrs. Shipwreck, Javeryh, Major Nelson, Maybe a Developer from a major game developer.

More people like Chris from Joystiq, meaning other members of the gaming media. I'd also like to see some developers, as well, like the guys that made Outpost Kaloki X (or whatever it's called) and whoever else you guys could get.

Jack Thompson, Mrs Wombat, and Mrs Cheapy would be interesting.

Also has anyone went to the Site Gamepolitics.com before? A person there named Dennis McCauly runs the site and plays a good amount of game while posting political stories that have to do with video games. I think he would be a great visitor! :bouncy:

A few weeks ago it was mentioned about EB/GameStop representative. Not a store employee/manager, someone high enough up the chain to field the hardball questions like why there are no more cases/manuals on used games online, etc.

EDIT: Someone from Kotaku to give their rebuttal of the Joystiq remarks.

I would like to see more members from here on the show. I have played a few games on XBL with some of the members and they were pretty entertaining.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']More people like Chris from Joystiq, meaning other members of the gaming media. I'd also like to see some developers, as well, like the guys that made Outpost Kaloki X (or whatever it's called) and whoever else you guys could get.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, instead of special guests, maybe try to conduct interviews with industry folks and make it a segment? I think that's a better idea.

Jeremy

Cheapy's close to Brian Ashcraft from Kotaku since they're both gaijin, so why don't you give him an invite to the show?

Seeing how Phantasy Star U is coming out soon, it would be cool if you could get someone from SEGA USA to talk about the game. On a side note though, I have listened to a few of these, jumping around and in each one during some point Cheepy always rips a loud ass burp... wtf you big dirty bastard turn the mic away, or at least have an applause sound go off.

bread's done
Back