I got a free copy of Tactics Ogre GBA from Gamershare

Rictor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just wanted to share my experience with http://www.gamershare.com as I'm currently testing out all the various game trading sites (see the Goozex thread for my experience trading through them so far).

I got my 9 free points for signing up with Gamershare, saw that Tactics Ogre GBA was only 5 points, and requested it, figuring there was no way I'd actually get it. Well, only a few days later and a cart-only copy of Tactics Ogre shows up in my mailbox. I think I'll have to list a few of my games with these guys.

I will say the main thing I don't like about the site is that it's hard to see what games are currently available. There's no option to just list all available games, which would be nice.

According to the FAQ, you are encouraged to ship the game complete but are not required to.

I listed some games from my collection, so if anyone wants one of these for free, sign up, do a search by title, and request them from me:

Cubix Robots For Everyone: Showdown (PS2, Brand new/sealed with bonus cartoon DVD)
Men of Valor (Xbox, Brand new/sealed)
Blood Omen 2: Legacy of Kain (Xbox, Brand New/sealed)
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (Player's Choice, GC, complete)
Burnout 2: Point of Impact Developer's Cut (Xbox, complete)

When you get your free game, list a couple of your own on the site to keep it growing. If you request one of the games I mentioned, post here that you took it so other CAGs don't waste time searching for it.

Wow, how'd you manage to get someone to send you Tactics Ogre for 5 points, whereas all the random 9 point GameCube games I put in are unavailable? That's some good luck.

It wasn't really luck, I searched the site for available games rather than add a bunch of unavailable games to my wishlist.

Ah, I took from your post that it was hard to find available games, so I didn't even bother looking. :D

Still amazing that that game of all of them was sitting around.

Ah well, out of the dozen GC, DS, and GBA games available, I will snag another Viewtiful Joe (got this from Goozex) - hopefully it will be complete. I'll just list the duplicate after getting matched and receiving this one.

[quote name='botticus']Ah, I took from your post that it was hard to find available games, so I didn't even bother looking. :D

Still amazing that that game of all of them was sitting around.[/quote]

It is hard to find them. You have to click on every category page for every system and then sort the games by availability. It would probably take around an hour to view every game available for every platform on the site, as each system has quite a few categories and there's no way to just display all available games for each system (at least none that I've found). Perhaps this is because there's only a handful of games actually available on the site and they don't want to make that too obvious.

If you requested an existing game, it doesn't take your points until after the other use accepts your request and mails you the game. Even then, it told me I had 9 points until after I left feedback, then it took 5 of my points. I assume even though it says you have 9 points that you can't SPEND 9 points since some or all of your points are tied up in a game request. Then again, maybe there is a bug in the site that lets you request multiple games with 9 points. No idea.

I picked Mario and Luigi Partners in Time. It's switched to "Short Wait" status now.
I may just pick that sealed copy of Need for Speed Rictor put up. I love a new GC game, and it is a sure bet since he let us know it's sealed.

There's a game I've been mildly curious about called Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas (anyone hear about it? :lol: ) that I've never had much of an interest in paying near retail / trading...so I figure a free game's a free game.

Either that, or DBZ Budokai 3. Nothing much really caught my eye on the site. I'm going with GTA: SA.

What a horrible interface. I'd think twice about listing games, because I'd have to go back and search through all that crap again.

Picked Tales of Symphonia. They have FF Tactics Advance available.

I lisited 4 games in case you guys want them.

ESPN Major League Baseball 2K4 - Xbox
All Star Baseball 2004 - Xbox
Conflict Vietnam - Xbox
NFL 2k2 - PS2

I only listed my crap games.
Sorry

listed a few mostly crap

madden 2004 ps2
all star baseball 2003 ps2
ncaa football 2006 ps2
all star baseball 2003 ps2
blitz the leauge ps2
big game hunter ps2
franxix psp

There are a few highlights:

Resident Evil 4 -GC
God of War - PS2
Tiger Woods 06 - Xbox
Conflict Vietnam - Xbox:D
Loz: Wind Waker - GC
GTA: SA - PS2
Brothers In Arms - PS2
Mortal Kombat: Deception (premium) - PS2
The Suffering - PS2

The easiest way to search is to:

1. Choose a system
2. Choose "most wanted" as your category
3. sort by "game status"

I ordered a copy of Sniper Elite for xbox. I've always wanted to try it and if I hate it I can trade it for a decent amount of credit at Gamestop.

I don't see how this site could function

look at this:
and if you don't have any video games to trade, you can buy "GamePoints" (minimum 1) for $1.00.

9.00 equals a used game? Any game? What?
I put some games up though

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I picked Mario and Luigi Partners in Time. It's switched to "Short Wait" status now.
I may just pick that sealed copy of Need for Speed Rictor put up. I love a new GC game, and it is a sure bet since he let us know it's sealed.[/quote]

While I listed a few sealed games, Need For Speed isn't one of them. It's complete but used.

[quote name='xmrblondex']I don't see how this site could function

look at this:

9.00 equals a used game? Any game? What?
I put some games up though[/quote]

You can't buy points while the site is in beta, so that shouldn't be a problem yet. My guess is the point system will have to be changed also. Having crappy 2002 sports games the same point value as rare RPGs means that pretty soon crappy sports games will be all that's listed on the site.

If Tatics Ogre is 5 points, MLB 2002 should be what, 1/10th of a point? Goozex has slightly more realistic point values.

Hopefully, traders here that mooch a good game (like an Xbox 360 game or one of the better games on the site) will have the common courtesy to list one of their own halfway decent games or several less than great games to make up for the one they took.

Also, if I was going to put the time and money into programming and launching a site like Goozex, Switch Discs, Gamershare, etc., I'd take my own money and buy up one of those huge lots of 500 XB/PS2/GC/360 games off of Ebay and use those to seed my site and get it started. If you can't afford to do that, then you probably have no business running a site like this in the first place.

[quote name='Rictor']You can't buy points while the site is in beta, so that shouldn't be a problem yet. My guess is the point system will have to be changed also. Having crappy 2002 sports games the same point value as rare RPGs means that pretty soon crappy sports games will be all that's listed on the site.

If Tatics Ogre is 5 points, MLB 2002 should be what, 1/10th of a point? Goozex has slightly more realistic point values.[/quote]
agreed. My XBOX 360 Fifa world cup 2006 is being processed though. That makes me happy

Aww man, I added Partners in Time and I could of sworn I was first. Now it says it's not available. How lame. Oh well I think I'm getting MK Deception LE. I hope its complete. :D

[quote name='o2012o']Put in for Advance Wars: Dual Strike[/quote]

Me too. There appear to be a few, so I'm worried they won't come :/

Rictor,

How long did your order say "pending" and "in progress" for? Mine has been that way for about 4 or so days.
I read in the FAQ that it should change to something else when the game is actually mailed.

[quote name='ManChowder']Rictor,

How long did your order say "pending" and "in progress" for? Mine has been that way for about 4 or so days.
I read in the FAQ that it should change to something else when the game is actually mailed.[/quote]

Two days. Guess it depends on how long it takes the trader that has the game to confirm the trade. This is a trading site like CAG or anywhere else, it all depends on the speed of whatever random person is on the other end of the transaction.

[quote name='Rictor']Two days. Guess it depends on how long it takes the trader that has the game to confirm the trade. This is a trading site like CAG or anywhere else, it all depends on the speed of whatever random person is on the other end of the transaction.[/QUOTE]

yeah I just re-read the FAQ. It says that "pending" means that the trader has accepted the trade but it won't change to "mailed" until the trader actually ships the item.
So I guess I have to wait until the guy gets around to shipping it. Hopefully he has already shipped but simply hasn't updated the staus on the site.

I have been picked to receive Metroid: Prime Hunters First Hunt. Hope it comes through.

Damn! AC:WW is available. W/e free is free.

[quote name='botticus']My Viewtiful Joe shipped this morning apparently, here's hoping they were thoughtful and sent it complete.[/quote]

I wouldn't get my hopes up for complete, but it might happen. Free is free.

Once you guys get some games, list a couple of your own and keep the site going.

[quote name='Rictor']I wouldn't get my hopes up for complete, but it might happen. Free is free.

Once you guys get some games, list a couple of your own and keep the site going.[/quote] Actually, I probably will some of the games that won't get me much if any profit (Super Mario Advance, etc) might as well go there, since, if I end up finding a match for a 9 point game on my list, which all retail for over $20 right now, that turns out to be a great deal. It's just a matter of finding those games.

And one of the copies of Viewtiful Joe will go on there anyway.

This site is way better then goozex. Battlefield 2 for 360 is shipped and on its way. I will list some of my games because I could probably get more points here.

this sucks. My game is still showing as "in process" after like 5 days. I guess I'll email Gamershare if I don't see any change in a few days.

bread's done
Back