- - - - -

Conan O'Brien? More like Conan OTT Brien!

#1 mr ryles   Plays bowling CAGiversary!   14732 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2006 - 04:58 AM

Posted Image

yes he does deserve his own Lego.

#2 Moxio   Supervillain CAGiversary!   35394 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:01 AM

First!

#3 mr ryles   Plays bowling CAGiversary!   14732 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:02 AM

Its cause I got the phat connections up in this hizzouse. And stuff.

so Nintendo hooked you up? Is it becasue you are the Dr. of Mario Kart?

#4 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6470 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:04 AM

I dont understand those OTT threads. what does it really mean? i never bother reading those ott stuff. plz explain

#5 Moxio   Supervillain CAGiversary!   35394 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:06 AM

I dont understand those OTT threads. what does it really mean? i never bother reading those ott stuff. plz explain

From CAGWiki:

The Off-Topic Topic thread, always located in the 
Off-Topic section respectively, is generally a thread
about anything you want to post about. If you feel
you need to tell everyone about your new pimple, 
don't create a new thread: just post it in there. 
It's our way of keeping the boards clean without
mindless clutter. Our Off-Topic Topic thread is usually
very active and full of friendly people.

There you go. :)

#6 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70973 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:11 AM

Conan O'Brien seems to be hosting the Emmy's next week. May be reason enough to check it out. I'd have checked out the Teen Choice awards for Dane Cook, but the thousands of screaming girls ruined it and I'd rather watch some Prison Break instead before the new season tomorrow.

#7 mr ryles   Plays bowling CAGiversary!   14732 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:12 AM

just did some research and found out that triumph the insult comic dog was at comicon this year.

Man his apperance at the star wars opening was classic.

http://video.google....comic dog&hl=en

a google video I found, If you have never seen this do yourself a favor and watch it. Comic gold right here.

#8 senorwoohoo   Radio CAGiversary!   14533 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

senorwoohoo

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:12 AM

Dear OTT:
I have stayed up too late watching the Sox, who never fail to break everyone's hearts.

#9 mr ryles   Plays bowling CAGiversary!   14732 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:15 AM

damn yanks just took the lead in the 10th.

#10 JimmieMac   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7764 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

JimmieMac

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:17 AM

WHY IS HE STILL PITCHING?!?! My God, I gotta be up in 6 hours and I just got home an hour ago, I can't stand all this. Win already you damn Sox, WIN.

#11 senorwoohoo   Radio CAGiversary!   14533 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

senorwoohoo

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:22 AM

Christ, if Crisp had gotten injured, I would have cried...shit, I should really be posting this in the MLB thread.

Anyway, my German Shepherd puppy is still a bastard, but he's getting better.

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckYOU!

#12 JimmieMac   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7764 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

JimmieMac

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:25 AM

Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

#13 mr ryles   Plays bowling CAGiversary!   14732 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:28 AM

Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I'm gonna steal this from gamefaqs:

"because you touch yourself at night?"

#14 SneakyPenguin  

SneakyPenguin

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:36 AM

I fucking hate Conan O'Brien. He, along with Will Ferrel and Jimmy Fallon, are some of the few people who actually manage to make me stop laughing. I flip through channels, land on Conan, and am instantly saddened by the utter suck before me.

#15 jmcc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9608 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:41 AM

I fucking hate Conan O'Brien. He, along with Will Ferrel and Jimmy Fallon, are some of the few people who actually manage to make me stop laughing. I flip through channels, land on Conan, and am instantly saddened by the utter suck before me.

Interesting if true.

#16 PinheadsNailGun   Formerly HumanSnatcher CAGiversary!   6900 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

PinheadsNailGun

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:42 AM

I swear, I personally find baseball boring...though I have considered at least renting a baseball game...

#17 Moxio   Supervillain CAGiversary!   35394 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:43 AM

I swear, I personally find baseball boring...though I have considered at least renting a baseball game...

I was big on baseball in my youth days until I realized the game is just completely boring. I mean, sitting in the outfield for 9 innings and you're not even guaranteed play? (And when you do it's for like 10 seconds) And then batting 3 or 4 times in a game?

I'd rather play tennis, where I'm actually being entertained the whole time.

#18 PinheadsNailGun   Formerly HumanSnatcher CAGiversary!   6900 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

PinheadsNailGun

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:47 AM

I was big on baseball in my youth days until I realized the game is just completely boring. I mean, sitting in the outfield for 9 innings and you're not even guaranteed play? (And when you do it's for like 10 seconds) And then batting 3 or 4 times in a game?

I'd rather play tennis, where I'm actually being entertained the whole time.

Same here. The only real sports game I've played in the past couple of years is Top Spin.

I used to play little league when I was a kid. When I got older, I stoped caring. Kinda like how when you're a kid McDs is da bomb, but once you get older, you'll take the sit down restaurant with a burger that makes McDs look like shit on a bun...

#19 SneakyPenguin  

SneakyPenguin

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:48 AM

Interesting if true.

I am dead serious. I will be laughing about something, and through some unholy act Conan will appear before me, and silence fills the room. Not a single laugh is had from that show.

#20 PinheadsNailGun   Formerly HumanSnatcher CAGiversary!   6900 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

PinheadsNailGun

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:50 AM

I am dead serious. I will be laughing about something, and through some unholy act Conan will appear before me, and silence fills the room. Not a single laugh is had from that show.

Suprisingly, he was funnier 5-10 years ago...

#21 mr ryles   Plays bowling CAGiversary!   14732 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:02 AM

so uh does anyone here use mirc?

#22 GuyWithGun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3105 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

GuyWithGun

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:04 AM

Uh-oh, that's not cool. I would whole-heartedly agree with Will Ferrell and Jimmy Fallon, but I love Conan...or loved. I haven't seen his show in quite a long time, but he used to blow Letterman and Leno out of the water. I loved that show.

But the HumanSnatcher comment makes me think that I missed a decline in recent years. I hope you're all just crazy. :)

#23 PinheadsNailGun   Formerly HumanSnatcher CAGiversary!   6900 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

PinheadsNailGun

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:12 AM

Ryles, I use IRC from time to time

And GuyWithGun, he wasn't as corny as he is now...

#24 SneakyPenguin  

SneakyPenguin

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:12 AM

I would rather watch Leno for a week straight than watch one episode of Conan.

#25 Moxio   Supervillain CAGiversary!   35394 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:19 AM

I've never been interested by these night shows, and fail to understand why anyone is.

#26 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70973 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:26 AM

That's the way I feel about Seinfeld.

I've never been interested by these night shows, and fail to understand why anyone is.

They don't watch because they find them incredibly stupid. ;) It's not that hard to get.

#27 Hex   Buffet of Horsiness CAGiversary!   10160 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:36 AM

Getting through security at the Cancun Airport was deciptively simple. Took like five minutes to get through security until they hand-frisked, scanned, and searched the carry-ons of every passenger before boarding the plane.

Damn weather.

#28 mr ryles   Plays bowling CAGiversary!   14732 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:36 AM

Ryles, I use IRC from time to time

And GuyWithGun, he wasn't as corny as he is now...

I just haven't used mirc for years and decided to give it a whirl again. sadly to say I can't remember how to use it at all, adn there are a few albums I was looking to get.

#29 Moxio   Supervillain CAGiversary!   35394 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:41 AM

I just haven't used mirc for years and decided to give it a whirl again. sadly to say I can't remember how to use it at all, adn there are a few albums I was looking to get.

Albums? IRC? LOLZ.

#30 Graystone   ` CAGiversary!   15662 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:41 AM

Two reasons IMO.

Old people don't pay for cable and fall asleep watching network tv. This is where the ratings come from.

2nd reason is that people are getting ready for bed, and/or in bed and want something simple to watch before bed. Something that they can turn off at anytime and not really miss anything.