What is your "Wii Fund," you CHEAP ASS BIATCHES?

icecubedx5

CAGiversary!
Don't flame, I did a quick search and didn't see any topics about this. Anyways, I am so curious to see what type of "Wii Funds" there are for all you Cheap Ass Gamers and how much you are spending at launch? Are you going to stay cheap or are you going all out?

Basically I have $180 in GameStop credit that I forgot about (sold a PS2 for $70 a few months ago and an original DS for $70 along with Oblivion for 360). I also got $270 in store credit at Best Buy after I returned my PSP. So that means for that one night, my cheap ass will be getting its ass kicked...hard. I'm talking anal raping of my cheap ass.

(_|_)

30 dollars after today is my current Wii funds. Like I said, I got sick of waiting for it without a date to put money towards the console with a pre-order and I hit up Sears/K-Mart clearance sales big time so I'm probably going to wait for most of the games I was on the fence about to drop in price rather then buy them new. My guess is that I'll end up picking up LoZ, Trauma Center, and maybe DBZ Tenkaichi 2, but beyond that, I'll wait for sales/price drops.

[quote name='icecubedx5']So that means for that one night, my cheap ass will be getting its ass kicked...hard. I'm talking anal raping of my cheap ass.

(_|_)

I have $329.93 in Half.com sales from the last couple of months (and more will be added) set aside for a Wii. I'm still not really sold on the whole thing, though, and might put off buying one until early 2007. New gadget lust might overtake me at launch and I'll buy one, but I haven't decided yet.

Well, I'm not entirely sure. I have approximately $750 in EB credit right now. However, there's already some money down on preorders (above that $750), which will need to get paid off, so...

Let's just assume I have 7 DS/GBA games to pay another $30 for. That leaves me with around $540.

So technically, $540 is my Wii fund. I already have $5 down on 5 Wii games, so those 5 will cost me in the vicinity of $250, leaving me almost $300 for the console. Assuming it's only $200, I'll have room for the VC controller and downloads plus maybe a 6th game. But I don't know for sure that I will be buying 6 full price games at launch. Hopefully we'll see Wii Sports, WarioWare and the like at proper price points.

Odds are good I will have some credit left over, which is good. Assuming I make good game choices at launch, I'll be able to revert to cheapass status and look for price drops and deals.

I'm still deciding whether or not I should make it my goal to go as long as possible without spending $599 USD (through sales and price drops), or try to spend $599 USD at launch.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']geeze how u fools get some much credit, I got 65 a EB and 40 at BB and 40 at Blockbuster[/quote]
GameRush credit + GameRush clearance + a good amount of crappy games of my own + EB trade-in deals = shitloads of credit.

[quote name='botticus']GameRush credit + GameRush clearance + a good amount of crappy games of my own + EB trade-in deals = shitloads of credit.[/QUOTE]

no gamerushs around here, but I guess i will keep my eyes open for a trade-in deal

I have several hundred dollars in the bank from my summer job, which is going to go towards the Wii console and games. It's nice living at home and not having to pay rent. :)

$170 in cash. My next Commission check or two will get me some more, my goal is to set aside $500 for launch date.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Wii fund? I have no limit. If I see something I want, I buy it.[/QUOTE]

Word. It's nice having a job. And given that it's a launch event I feel justified in being non-cheapass. Just this once, of course.

i have a job.... buy have a severe limit after mortgage, 2 new cars (me and the mrs) bills, and everything else..

i will have to wait till april, when good ol uncle sam give me my income tax....
ps3 and wii on the same day!

a few paychecks of mine from walgreens will more than cover what I need (after I pay for school art supplies :( ). after that, funds will go to ps3 savings, and then after that, gaming will have me in debt for a while.

I have whatever money is needed to buy the system a second controller, a memory card(if needed?), Legend of Zelda and maybe either Red Steel, or Madden.

Not sure, have to wait and see what it costs. I'd like to get a system, extra controller, classic controller, Zelda, and Wiisports (hopefully a pack-in). I'm guessing between $300-$350 needed at alunch. We'll see what my wife and I can work out. ;)

[quote name='mtxbass1']Wii fund? I have no limit. If I see something I want, I buy it.[/quote]
Yup. I have a couple thousand in a savings account. Mostly saving for a nice large TV, but there's some money in there for Wii as well.

Honestly, I just don't spend everything I make.

i've had $300 set aside, i could buy whatever i want really, but i doubt i'll be spending more than that on day one.

$500, but I'm not buying it on launch, decided not to. Hopefully I can find it around May though. OP, what makes you think you won't sell the Wii when you get it? You sold a PSP, DS, and PS2 already...

[quote name='slvrdrgn123']my wii fund is my sister.....[/quote]

Off topic - Is your sister hot and can you post pics? :bouncy:

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']$500, but I'm not buying it on launch, decided not to. Hopefully I can find it around May though. OP, what makes you think you won't sell the Wii when you get it? You sold a PSP, DS, and PS2 already...[/quote]

Well to clarify a little bit: I sold my DS to get a DS Lite. My PS2 was sold to Gamestop because I had it for about 3 years, and I figured sooner or later it would be on its last legs, so I took the $70 in credit, and later bought a brand new PS2. I figured I would eat the $60 cost to have a brand new PS2 to last me for another good 4 years. And the PSP was returned because I just did not like it at all.

[quote name='icecubedx5']Off topic - Is your sister hot and can you post pics? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

See, that's the exact wrong way to go about it.

The proper comeback would've been: "You're pimping your sister for Wii money? Huh. Looks like my Wii fund went from $500 down to $250 and my slvrdrgn123's sister fund went from $0 to $250."

[quote name='Scobie']See, that's the exact wrong way to go about it.

The proper comeback would've been: "You're pimping your sister for Wii money? Huh. Looks like my Wii fund went from $500 down to $250 and my slvrdrgn123's sister fund went from $0 to $250."[/quote]lol :whistle2:#

[quote name='icecubedx5']Well to clarify a little bit: I sold my DS to get a DS Lite. My PS2 was sold to Gamestop because I had it for about 3 years, and I figured sooner or later it would be on its last legs, so I took the $70 in credit, and later bought a brand new PS2. I figured I would eat the $60 cost to have a brand new PS2 to last me for another good 4 years. And the PSP was returned because I just did not like it at all.[/quote]

That makes a lot more sense :D

[quote name='mtxbass1']Wii fund? I have no limit. If I see something I want, I buy it.[/quote]

Same here. I'm a cheapass but if there's something I want I just buy it.

bread's done
Back