[Updated 10/14] Gamestop/EB Marketing Plan 10/16 to 11/5 Trade 3 Get $10 Ends 10/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

allout1986

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Sorry, but no good game trading promos this time in marketing. For those of you waiting to get rid of a system, now is the time to do it for some extra credit.

Trade Values according to the Wiki.

(Green means it is starting on 10/16)
(White is a continuation from last marketing period)
(Red means it is ending on 10/15)

Trade Promos

Promo: "Trade in your Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, or Xbox 360 and get $20 extra in credit" Systems must be fully functional and have all hook-ups with the controller. This deal does not get extra bonuses.

Promo: "Trade in your old Xbox and get $80 credit towards an Xbox 360 console."
This works on both the Pro package and the core system.

"Power Trade Offer" Trade any games towards the reservation or purchase of the following 4 games, receive and extra 20% trade credit (excluding hardware).
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube or Wii versions)
- Gears of War (Regular or Collectors)
- Final Fantasy XII (Regular or Collectors)
- All other Titles get a 10% increase when all credit applied to preorder

Promo: "Extra $10 trade-in credit with the trade-in of 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games"
Customers trading in 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games receive an extra $10 trade credit. Customers can mix formats. For example, 2 PS2 games and 1 XBOX game can receive the total extra $10. 2006 and earlier sports, all wrestling and all demo discs are still excluded from this offer.
THIS IS STACKABLE WITH THE EDGE/GAMESTOP CARD.

Promo Extended: "Get any new or used XB360 game for $9.99 when you trade-in 2 Xbox 360 Games" Trade exclusions include all 2006 and older sports titles, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, King Kong, Project Gotham 3, Ridge Racer 6, Outfit & Amped 3. Offer good on any XB360 game $59.99 or less.

==================================================

Sales

Promo: "Get Auto Assault free with purchase of any PC game"

Promo: "PSP 1GB Rapid GX Memory Stick Duo for $79.99" (this may be $69.99 in store after looking at the price earlier today)

Promo: "World of Warcraft for $19.99"

Promo: "Buy Guild Wars Online and Get Guild Wars Online Factions (SKU-646502) for $29.99"

Promo: "PSP 2GB Memory Stick Duo for $79.99"

DVD Offers (No expiration)

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $10"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $5.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $20"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $9.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $30"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $12.99 price point.

Events your store may be doing... Call ahead of time to make sure.

Event: "Gears of War Preview" Select stores will be staying open late on 10-21 in order to show off Gears of War for the Xbox 360. The showing will start at 9 PM and last approximately 15-20 minutes from what I can tell.

Event: "Final Fantasy XII Costume Contest & Midnight Opening" Some stores may end up doing a costume contest for the release of Final Fantasy XII. Participants may dress up as any Final Fantasy character of their choosing (Prizes may be available, although I'm not to sure about it). Some stores may also be participating in a midnight opening for Final Fantasy XII.

I think I've covered everything that is available this time around. If anyone discovers that something is missing, please post in the thread or the even better bet is to PM me so I can add to the list accordingly.

Awesome. Except I did just trade in about 6 games in the last month.:bomb: Whatever. I think I may go crazy at the 50% off sale at my blockbuster to get some good trade fodder (And a copy of SH3 for myself.)

With the bull$hit I just got at FYE for the FOUR FOR ONE deal. fuck them, I take my games to gs and get the stacking goodness on the ball! YES SIRREE!!

Dont kid yourself every game will pretty much be blacklisted if they are doing 3 for 1...You can bet your ass on that one...EBGamestop to actually give a good deal? Thats blasphemy in their book..Cant wait for the "managers approval" fine print.

[quote name='spinksjinx']Dont kid yourself every game will pretty much be blacklisted if they are doing 3 for 1...You can bet your ass on that one...EBGamestop to actually give a good deal? Thats blasphemy in their book..Cant wait for the "managers approval" fine print.[/quote]
The last one was fine, why wouldn't this one? It's not like it's the first time they've done this deal.

Do they take trade-ins of those "CodeBreaker" cheat devices / game save devices? If they do, would they count as an item towards a set of 3 in a deal like this? Is that all YMMV?

[quote name='DustBoogie']So is it un-kosher to buy cheapass games from one GameStop and trade them to another GameStop?[/quote]
I don't think it is. I mean, they're upping the price of Disgaea to $70, I say screw 'em.
And if you feel bad, you could pick up really cheap shit at Walmart, Target,etc clearances and some PO games at Blockbuster/GR and trade them in.

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']The last one was fine, why wouldn't this one? It's not like it's the first time they've done this deal.[/quote]
Look what they did with the last one strictly for 360 games...Every game released in the last year that wasnt $59.99 was excluded.

Not only did my EB have a huge sign saying the deal w/ the fine print and the exclusions but they actually wrote with a sharpie additional titles that werent accepted (outfit and Amped 3).

[quote name='spinksjinx']Look what they did with the last one strictly for 360 games...Every game released in the last year that wasnt $59.99 was excluded.

Not only did my EB have a huge sign saying the deal w/ the fine print and the exclusions but they actually wrote with a sharpie additional titles that werent accepted (outfit and Amped 3).[/QUOTE]

This deal is completely different, and the exclusions are much laxer / YMMV.

My topics have all the information but get locked, yet this one has less then half and doesnt.. Win..

here you go.

Promo runs from 9/4-9/24

Promo Extended: "Get any new or used XB360 game for $9.99 when you trade-in 2 Xbox 360 Games" Trade exclusions include all 2006 and older sports titles, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, King Kong, Project Gotham 3, Ridge Racer 6, Outfit & Amped 3. Offer good on any XB360 game $59.99 or less.

"Power Trade Offer"
Trade any games towards the reservation or purchase of the following 4 games, receive and extra 20% trade credit (excluding hardware).
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue (DS)
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue (GBA)
-Godfather (XB360)
-NBA Live 2007 (PS2, XBOX, XB360)

Promo: "Extra $10 trade-in credit with the trade-in of 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games"
Customers trading in 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games receive an extra $10 trade credit. Customers can mix formats. For example, 2 PS2 games and 1 XBOX game can receive the total extra $10. 2006 and earlier sports, all wrestling and all demo discs are still excluded from this offer.

Promo: "Trade in Nascar 2006: Total Team Control for PS2/Xbox towards the reservation or purchase of Nascar 2007 on PS2/Xbox/PSP-get it for $24.99"

Promo: "Trade one of 21 music titles listed, and get Dance Factory on PS2 for $29.99. (regular retail $39.99). See stores for qualifying trades.

Promo: "Nintendo DS Lite (Pink/Black) - Hardware trade-in upgrade offer"
Only $69.99 with trade of original model DS
Only $99.99 with trade of GBA SP
Offer good while supplies last. DS system trade must have AC and stylus. GBA SP system trade must have AC.

Promo: "Buy Guild Wars Online and Get Guild Wars Online Factions (SKU-646502) for $29.99"

Promo: "Buy any PC Title and Receive Auto Assault Online (SKU-645763) for FREE"

================================================== ============================

Promos ending on 9/10:

Promo: "Trade in an Xbox system and receive $80 Trade-In credit towards XB360 and MADDEN 2007"

Promo: "Trade in an Xbox system and receive $80 Trade-In credit towards XB360 Madden Bundle"
Customers receive an extra $40 when they trade in the original Xbox system toward an XB360 Xbox 360 Console, Xbox live 3 Month Gold Pack, Xbox Live 1600 Marketplace Points card.

Promo: "Buy The Madden Xbox 360 Bundle and get upgraded to the Hall of Fame Edition for Free" (while supplies last) Customers purchasing an Xbox 360 Console, Xbox live 3 Month Gold Pack, Xbox Live 1600 Marketplace Points card may upgrade to the Madden Hall of Fame Edition on Xbox 360 for FREE.

Promo: "Receive $30.00 trade credit for NCAA Football 2007 (all platforms) when used towards a reservation or purchase of Madden NFL 2007 (any platform).

================================================== ============================

DVD Offers (No expiration)

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $10"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $5.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $20"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $9.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $30"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $12.99 price point.

Trades toward reservations always get an extra 10%

man, how much is a new ds lite anyway? if its 129.99, then a ds is only worth 60 and a gba sp is worth 30? maybe some laxed stores will allow gba games for the trade 3, since they allowed it the last time (according to some people).

Cool... It has been a long time since I updated the trade-in price wiki. Looks like it will get more activity again. Post all those trade-ins in this thread and me or someone else will update the wiki!

Unfortunately I don't have much fodder left, but I might start to look at transferring GR credit to EB again using used games from GR.

I'm still a pretty new CAG, and not that familiar with how we benefit from this trade "fodder" and whatnot, could someone explain this a bit better to me, and what would constitute "fodder"/where to get it?

[quote name='contej85']I'm still a pretty new CAG, and not that familiar with how we benefit from this trade "fodder" and whatnot, could someone explain this a bit better to me, and what would constitute "fodder"/where to get it?[/QUOTE]

Find games that are cheap (ie pawn shops) trade them in even if you're only getting $1 per game. 3 games = 1+1+1+10.

And according to the wiki some easily found games like FFX, FFX-2 will get you $9-10.

[quote name='contej85']I'm still a pretty new CAG, and not that familiar with how we benefit from this trade "fodder" and whatnot, could someone explain this a bit better to me, and what would constitute "fodder"/where to get it?[/QUOTE]

Buy cheap games, play them for a while, then ditch them whenever some store has a sweet trade in deal.

Right now fye has trade 4 ps2 games get one free. Max Payne is only $2. I think you can see where I'm going.

THIS ROYALLY SUCKS!!!!! All my local Kmarts that still have shittons of old clearance games left won't sell them for dirt cheap, like they're supposed to be sold for, so that makes this deal null and void for me.

I don't have any other places to grab cheap fodder games, unless I take full advantage of the Blockbuster pre owned game sale right now and clean them out?

However, they don't say I can't just buy up some stock from another EB/GS and use it at a different store, like some CAGs did last time(and got 'banned').

This may be a very lucrative deal for me after all.

Hmmmmmm. I REALLY want a pink ds lite, and have a old, fat, red ds. And I'm broke, and the DS has a warranty at best buy still. Do I purposefully break my DS somehow (and if so, how do I break it so that theyll still cover it in the warranty, because last time they didn't cover stylus scratches) and trade it in for the lite at best buy, or do I trade it in here and forget the best buy warranty... or do I just keep it and hope I can eventually afford the upgrade on my own. :/

Decisions, decisions....

Anybody know cheap games from Gamerush that trade more decent prices at Gamestop? I need to unload some GR credit.

[quote name='atomsk']Anybody know cheap games from Gamerush that trade more decent prices at Gamestop? I need to unload some GR credit.[/quote]

Or GameCrazy? For those without GR. :D

I mean, I have GR credit and I want to get rid of it by buying some of their games and using towards the GS extra $10 deal.

Yesssss I have about 18 xbox games I want to unload so this is good for me.

Hmmm...what if I traded in all these games towards the Godfather....would I get an extra 20% ontop of the 10.00 for 3 games deal? And then I would just take the credit off of Godfather.

[quote name='jezebelseven']Hmmmmmm. I REALLY want a pink ds lite, and have a old, fat, red ds. And I'm broke, and the DS has a warranty at best buy still. Do I purposefully break my DS somehow (and if so, how do I break it so that theyll still cover it in the warranty, because last time they didn't cover stylus scratches) and trade it in for the lite at best buy, or do I trade it in here and forget the best buy warranty... or do I just keep it and hope I can eventually afford the upgrade on my own. :/

Decisions, decisions....[/quote]

Just make up some shit about how the diagonal pad is not responsive. That is how I got my DS Lite with my DS.

[quote name='spamfree2']Looking over the wiki. My gosh.. XBX games get practically nothing....[/QUOTE]

Yea thats why this 3 for 10.00 is so important. Obviously getting 13.00 is waaaay better than 3.00

[quote name='rxdoga']Gah!!....I just did trades yesterday. Your a little late buddy. Get these posted faster next time!:)[/quote]

hinted many times in recent posts.. Left them up for hrs.. and then edited them.. Guess no one caught the picture..

=/

HELL YEAH THE Trade 3 get extra 10 is back on.

But anyways, what's this trade four get one ps2 game free deal at another store?

I need to start looking for really cheap games.

So can I trade in 6 games and get an extra $20 or do I have to make two trips and trade in 3 at a time? Thanks.

[quote name='Erillian']So can I trade in 6 games and get an extra $20 or do I have to make two trips and trade in 3 at a time? Thanks.[/quote]

They should add the $20 to the trade all at the same time for 6 games... or however many sets of 3 you have will add $10 per set.

[quote name='Chrono72090']Okay, I can NOT find the damn Wiki with the trade values. Can someone hook me up with a link?[/quote]

Check the opening post ....

I cant wait to unload some games finally that i've had waiting for a while. Wonder if they'll give me my 10% card plus 10% on preorder with the 3 plus $10 deal.

Goodbye xbox games that arent BC. IS there any trade in deals on xbox consoles? A coupon or something?

About the Wiki, the link on the first page isn't working for me. Also, if I search wikipedia I can't find it. Can someone post a direct link here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back