[Updated 10/14] Gamestop/EB Marketing Plan 10/16 to 11/5 Trade 3 Get $10 Ends 10/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

allout1986

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Sorry, but no good game trading promos this time in marketing. For those of you waiting to get rid of a system, now is the time to do it for some extra credit.

Trade Values according to the Wiki.

(Green means it is starting on 10/16)
(White is a continuation from last marketing period)
(Red means it is ending on 10/15)

Trade Promos

Promo: "Trade in your Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, or Xbox 360 and get $20 extra in credit" Systems must be fully functional and have all hook-ups with the controller. This deal does not get extra bonuses.

Promo: "Trade in your old Xbox and get $80 credit towards an Xbox 360 console."
This works on both the Pro package and the core system.

"Power Trade Offer" Trade any games towards the reservation or purchase of the following 4 games, receive and extra 20% trade credit (excluding hardware).
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube or Wii versions)
- Gears of War (Regular or Collectors)
- Final Fantasy XII (Regular or Collectors)
- All other Titles get a 10% increase when all credit applied to preorder

Promo: "Extra $10 trade-in credit with the trade-in of 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games"
Customers trading in 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games receive an extra $10 trade credit. Customers can mix formats. For example, 2 PS2 games and 1 XBOX game can receive the total extra $10. 2006 and earlier sports, all wrestling and all demo discs are still excluded from this offer.
THIS IS STACKABLE WITH THE EDGE/GAMESTOP CARD.

Promo Extended: "Get any new or used XB360 game for $9.99 when you trade-in 2 Xbox 360 Games" Trade exclusions include all 2006 and older sports titles, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, King Kong, Project Gotham 3, Ridge Racer 6, Outfit & Amped 3. Offer good on any XB360 game $59.99 or less.

==================================================

Sales

Promo: "Get Auto Assault free with purchase of any PC game"

Promo: "PSP 1GB Rapid GX Memory Stick Duo for $79.99" (this may be $69.99 in store after looking at the price earlier today)

Promo: "World of Warcraft for $19.99"

Promo: "Buy Guild Wars Online and Get Guild Wars Online Factions (SKU-646502) for $29.99"

Promo: "PSP 2GB Memory Stick Duo for $79.99"

DVD Offers (No expiration)

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $10"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $5.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $20"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $9.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $30"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $12.99 price point.

Events your store may be doing... Call ahead of time to make sure.

Event: "Gears of War Preview" Select stores will be staying open late on 10-21 in order to show off Gears of War for the Xbox 360. The showing will start at 9 PM and last approximately 15-20 minutes from what I can tell.

Event: "Final Fantasy XII Costume Contest & Midnight Opening" Some stores may end up doing a costume contest for the release of Final Fantasy XII. Participants may dress up as any Final Fantasy character of their choosing (Prizes may be available, although I'm not to sure about it). Some stores may also be participating in a midnight opening for Final Fantasy XII.

I think I've covered everything that is available this time around. If anyone discovers that something is missing, please post in the thread or the even better bet is to PM me so I can add to the list accordingly.

WTF. I asked the guy at EB yesterday if they were going to have any trade in deals coming up and fucker said no. Anyways, I'm wondering if I can stack them like this:

trade in 3 for extra $10 + extra 10% towards pre-orders + extra 10% with edge.

Maybe now, I can finally get enough credit to pay for Okami, God Hand, FFXII, FFIII, Yakuza, Guitar Hero II . . .

[quote name='icecubedx5']Just make up some shit about how the diagonal pad is not responsive. That is how I got my DS Lite with my DS.[/QUOTE]

The last time I traded in (Silver for Red), they were complete douchebags about it, they said as long as the screen was responsive (and they tested it, all three idiots who I had to deal with-- the store manager included (who knows me and tends to help me out), that it was not covered by the warranty.
After arguing with the manager a bit he told me that they'd do it this time, but that next time, if I tried to return it, it would have to have a nonresponsive screen or not play games or actually be 'broken', and they would test it before to find out.

(Side note: I had manually knifed the screen before going there as that was my reasoning to get them to accept it. I was told when buying teh warranty by the clueless sales guy that scratches in the screen were absolutely covered, and that was one fo the only reasons I got the warranty. I've also been told by clueless sales guys that I could 'trade in my xbox for a 360' back before the 360 came out and I got my xbox, and I now know this was bs too.)

I just don't want to end up damaging my ds then finding out they won't take it back, and I'm stuck with a broken and untradeable ds. It's like one's the safe route and one is a better deal but could end up crappy for me. :/

Anyway, I've got 2 games to trade in, I'll have to dig around and see if there's any others I'm willing to part with yet, cause this deal is great.

[quote name='jezebelseven']The last time I traded in (Silver for Red), they were complete douchebags about it, they said as long as the screen was responsive (and they tested it, all three idiots who I had to deal with-- the store manager included (who knows me and tends to help me out), that it was not covered by the warranty.
After arguing with the manager a bit he told me that they'd do it this time, but that next time, if I tried to return it, it would have to have a nonresponsive screen or not play games or actually be 'broken', and they would test it before to find out.

(Side note: I had manually knifed the screen before going there as that was my reasoning to get them to accept it. I was told when buying teh warranty by the clueless sales guy that scratches in the screen were absolutely covered, and that was one fo the only reasons I got the warranty. I've also been told by clueless sales guys that I could 'trade in my xbox for a 360' back before the 360 came out and I got my xbox, and I now know this was bs too.)

I just don't want to end up damaging my ds then finding out they won't take it back, and I'm stuck with a broken and untradeable ds. It's like one's the safe route and one is a better deal but could end up crappy for me. :/

Anyway, I've got 2 games to trade in, I'll have to dig around and see if there's any others I'm willing to part with yet, cause this deal is great.[/quote]
Well, considering the ethics of what you're trying to do is already wrong, I'll go ahead and touch this one. What about taking out the battery? I doubt they would open it up, and even if they wanted to, how many Best Buy employees carry a screwdriver in their pocket? Just say it quit turning on. And if they don't accept it, well at least you still have a perfect DS.

"Well, considering the ethics of what you're trying to do is already wrong, I'll go ahead and touch this one. What about taking out the battery? I doubt they would open it up, and if they wanted to, how many Best Buy employees carry a screwdriver in their pocket? Just say it quit turning on."

HAHAHAHA i will be trying to do this come a few weeks from now when the black one comes out. But my dsl is cracking like crazy and the left trigger no longer works at all.

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']Now they're specifically saying no demo discs. Darn.[/quote] Jampacks excluded too?

Crap... the black DS Lite is calling to me again. I will just need to see if I can get a lot more than $30 for my GBA SP on eBay. If not, I will have to think about dropping that and $100 on the Lite.

I would trade my Phat, but I want to have a DS for my fiancee to use.

[quote name='jezebelseven']The last time I traded in (Silver for Red), they were complete douchebags about it, they said as long as the screen was responsive (and they tested it, all three idiots who I had to deal with-- the store manager included (who knows me and tends to help me out), that it was not covered by the warranty.

Anyway, I've got 2 games to trade in, I'll have to dig around and see if there's any others I'm willing to part with yet, cause this deal is great.[/quote]

put it in the microwave( if you need to, have parental supervision) for about a 3 seconds while it s on. it may spark.wait until it cools don take it out. if its still working try another 3 seconds. it worked on a PSPcredit goes to Pyro/God :thepsps ;)

Hmm...$70 Onyx DS LITE after trade in with old DS...sounds pretty tempting since I've been wanting a DS Lite for awhile now but didn't get one since I still have the original DS.

[quote name='allout1986']These are some of the deals that Gamestop and EB will be running for the next marketing period starting on Monday (9/4) and ending 9/24.

Promo runs from 9/4-9/24

Promo Extended: "Get any new or used XB360 game for $9.99 when you trade-in 2 Xbox 360 Games" Trade exclusions include all 2006 and older sports titles, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, King Kong, Project Gotham 3, Ridge Racer 6, Outfit & Amped 3. Offer good on any XB360 game $59.99 or less.
[/quote]

Wow, what an amazingly lousy deal! It's not like the 360 has a lot of games out. They should have just said "Only good for any 360 games less than two months old and Oblivion." ;)

[quote name='DustBoogie']So is it un-kosher to buy cheapass games from one GameStop and trade them to another GameStop?[/quote]
It is possible that it will not be kosher. I think it comes down to how many times you do it and whether or not a manager or district manager catches it. I remember that during the last deal, some CAG got blacklisted from 1 or 2 districts for gaming the system like this, so if you do it, don't go overboard.

As far as stacking bonuses: last time it seemed to work for most people most of the time. The 10% you get from having an eb/gs card got added as long as you get them to swipe your card. The preorder also used to stack. I recall there being issues with employees not knowing how to enter in multiple bonuses, but other than that, it worked the majority of the time.

Trading in jampacks was pretty YMMV last time, so I should think that they've pretty well sorted that out by now, but you never know.

This info is from what I gleaned from posts by other CAG's last time they ran this promotion, so keep that in mind. I don't work at gs, so I don't know what might happen on Monday.

Take it to another Best Buy then, even if it is a little further away. You might have better chances somewhere else. Lucky for me I live in New York City and there are 6 Best Buys all within a 20 minute radius, if you count New Jersey which I would have to pay bridge tolls, that's 8 Best Buys in a 20 minute radius.

This must be a regional thing also. I went to the Shitstop here and they know nothing about trade 3 ps2,xbox,gamecube games in to get the extra $10 in credit. Now I know why I never go to that hole. Not worth my time.

[quote name='ChuckyDJ']This must be a regional thing also. I went to the Shitstop here and they know nothing about trade 3 ps2,xbox,gamecube games in to get the extra $10 in credit. Now I know why I never go to that hole. Not worth my time.[/quote]

It's not regional. The deal starts tomorrow. It will probably be in the Gamestop flyer like it usually is, so grab one of those and show it to them. That's what I have to do sometimes when dealing with clueless employees.

If you can't find a flyer, call customer support while you're in the store and hand the phone to the employee. They'll tell them that the sale is going on.

(Side note: I had manually knifed the screen before going there as that was my reasoning to get them to accept it.[/quote]

You committed fraud to get a free system upgrade and they're the douchebags?

Ahh ok Thanks Rictor. It is about 10 miles to the one here and that was only thing I headed out for so I was about to go off on the fool at the counter.

For the person with the Red ds, just make sure they dont have any normal DS's in stock. Then you go to the store and return the red ds and make up some excuse like, games occasionally freeze, the d-pad isnt responsive anymore, or i do not get what battery life i am supposed to out of this item, your best off using the games freeze occasionally excuse.

Then get yourself a ds lite on the house! I think if you have the warrenty you will just get a store voucher for the original price, either way you will most likely get a ds lite.

Yeah, I was wondering if any of these would be considered sports titles:

R: Racing Evolution (XBOX)
F-Zero GX (GCN)
Ridge Racer (PSP)
SSX On Tour (PSP)

Thanks!

[quote name='Rirse']Is it me or the CAG Wiki not working? I tried all day to access it, and it doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's not working for me either. I did check it last night though. Hopefully it will be back soon so we can look up some prices for this trade-in deal!

[quote name='Chrono72090']Yeah, I was wondering if any of these would be considered sports titles:

R: Racing Evolution (XBOX)
F-Zero GX (GCN)
Ridge Racer (PSP)
SSX On Tour (PSP)

Thanks![/QUOTE]

At 90% of the stores those will be OK - but you might run into trouble at some stores. If so, just try another, or even the same store (when a different set of employees is there).

They say pre2K6 sports games, wrestling and demos are excluded, but that doesn't mean you can't pick up 3 copies of powerdrome for $6, and then trade them in for 10 :whistle2:D

[quote name='KABUKISTAR']They say pre2K6 sports games, wrestling and demos are excluded, but that doesn't mean you can't pick up 3 copies of powerdrome for $6, and then trade them in for 10 :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt that any clerk is going to let you trade in three of the same title.. most draw the line at two.

For that matter, there are PLENTY of $3 used games on the XBOX.. I have access to 8 EB's/GS's in two different districts over the next couple weeks.. I will say no more.

I amassed a total of 24 games today for this deal. I already had 9 games left over from last time. Time to build up the credit towards the Wii.

My plan is to trade in 1 max payne 2 on the xbox and 1 for the ps2 along with a sega gt/jetset combo. spend $4 on mp2 and $3 on jsrf and get $1 back for both. So you spend $6 total and get $4 free. it might seem like a waste but most gamestops should have around 5 copies of mp2 for both systems.

[quote name='Rictor']You committed fraud to get a free system upgrade and they're the douchebags?[/QUOTE]

How is it fraud when I was told 'If the screen gets scratched, you can replace it', and the screen was indeed scratched (as was the whole case which was my original reason for return, and the reason i got the warranty. Young nephews who like to nab my electronics.), yet they told me they wouldn't replace it? I remember in the same conversation I was told that I could "throw it under a bus" and they would replace it, but that also isn't the truth. Throwing it under a bus is not an accidental thing either.

I had manually added a groove or two in in the screen, to accent them, but my original reason was for the "cosmetic" case marks. I had a feeling (and it was right) that they might try the "we don't take it back for cosmetic things", and say my screen scratches were "not enough to be non-cosmetic".

That's them not living up to their word. That's them having idiotic salespeople who don't even know their own warranties and what they cover. The first idiot I dealt with that time didn't know how to turn it on and kept running the stylus over it, then had to take it to geek squad to ask them about it. He had no idea what he was even looking at. He said that they could take it back for screen scratches but not case scratches-- He said the case scratches invalidated the warranty.
The second rep, a girl, had no idea what it was and thought it was a palm pilot and argued with me that they couldn't take it back because it was 'too scratched' on the screen, esentially saying the exact opposite of what the first guy said, that they could take it back for cosmetic scratches but not screen scratches.

The manager, however, knew what happened and told me that I was right, and that the scratches should be covered especially if the sales person said they were when it was sold to me, and he did the right thing by taking it back.. I even did the right thing by offering to buy a new coverage program, rather than demanding they extend the old one, like the first two idiots kept arguing with me about (When I kept telling them I had planned on getting a new plan anyways).

They're also douchebags for telling me that I could bring in my fully functional brand new xbox to use it for trading in for a 360 (Which was in the salesmans words, a free upgrade), which is a complete lie -- I know this now but for a long time I had planned on doing just that, until I had the whole DS issue, and now I know that it's not a possibility. I've had similar problems with other things warrantied where I was told practically everything was covered when it was not at this same store. They're douchebags because I've had to go through the same things over and over with them.

Like I said, thankfully the manager has his shit together and knows I'm not trying to rip them off, I'm just a victim of his salespeople not knowing what they're selling. He's fixed things for me and made sure I got the correct coverage each time there's been a problem since the DS, and I always walk out the door knowing exactly what it really covers.

Even if you consider what I did fraud (Which I personally don't), the majority of their salespeople are indeed clueless douchebags. Just because I'm a fellow douchebag doesn't mean they aren't too.

[quote name='SaraAB']For the person with the Red ds, just make sure they dont have any normal DS's in stock. .[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't matter if they have any normal ds's in stock, you can always upgrade on warranties I've had (Or is that, again, my store botching things up?). Did it with my mp3 player when it died and upgraded to a 40g for the same price (it was on sale), did it with a boombox for my mother as well. You just have to pay the difference, and it has to be in the same 'area' of products (Like cd players for cd players, computers for computers, speakers for speakers.. nothing like a vaccum for a laptop.)

Is the GBA SP worth only 30 bucks. I've been waiting for a good trade in deal like this but I won't bite if I can get more somewhere else.

So is the CAG Wiki actually a wikipedia page? If so, I figured I could find it there, but alas, no luck. I suppose it wouldn't load there either.

JOSH

[quote name='DustBoogie']I seriously doubt that any clerk is going to let you trade in three of the same title.. most draw the line at two.

For that matter, there are PLENTY of $3 used games on the XBOX.. I have access to 8 EB's/GS's in two different districts over the next couple weeks.. I will say no more.[/quote]

Yeah, there's no reason to even try to trade in multiple copies of the same game this time around.

1 Powerdrome (this is selling for $1.49 @ a local EB)
1 Max Payne 2
1 $2 K-Mart game (or $0.99 is you can find a copy of Ping Pals)

Repeat

Precisely, with that tactic you spend around $6.50 and with the trade in deal you get Anywhere from $13 and up, doubling the profit. If you repeat you can make a hell of a profit if you get lucky.

That's what I'm going to do, K-Mart, Ebgames, and Gamestop, here I come.

Are there any games in particular from the Blockbuster deal that would be good trade fodder... ones that get more in trade-in than you pay for them?

And if I would pick up a bunch of games (not duplicates) from the k-mart deal or something and trade them in, they couldn't throw me out or ban me or anything, right?

Took advantage of this today, but the cashier forgot to add the extra $10 (for the trade 3 deal).
Went to another EB and told them what happened and they gave me $10 off my purchase because of it.

Prices:
Godfather (Xbox) $12
Donkey Konga (GC) $8
Metal Slug 4/5 (PS2) $7

Would I get the extra 10 dollars if I trade GBA games? Can I trade DS games?

Also, are there any other restrictions? Like can the stores refuse to take games that cost too little?

$1.99 eb/gamestop games :

powerdrome racing (PS2)
Max Payne 2 (PS2)
May Payne 2 (XBOX)
Xbox Music Maker (XBOX)
Sega GT/JSRF (XBOX)
Outlaw Golf 9 More Holes: Holiday Edition (XBOX)

enjoy...

[quote name='fivecardstud']$1.99 eb/gamestop games :

powerdrome racing (PS2)
Max Payne 2 (PS2)
May Payne 2 (XBOX)
Xbox Music Maker (XBOX)
Sega GT/JSRF (XBOX)
Outlaw Golf 9 More Holes: Holiday Edition (XBOX)

enjoy...[/QUOTE]

I was wary about Sega GT since it's got "2002" in the title.. and Outlaw Golf is an older sports title, just with no date..

I got a bunch of $3 XBOX games (still gonna make like $4-6 on every trade I do), so you might try that as well.

[quote name='DustBoogie']and Outlaw Golf is an older sports title, just with no date..[/quote]
I used Outlaw Golf: 9 more holes of X-mas and Outlaw Volleyball: Red Hot with no problems last time.

I got a bunch of $3 XBOX games (still gonna make like $4-6 on every trade I do), so you might try that as well.

What titles? The GS near me never update their prices so the lowest price on anything Xbox I see is $10.

[quote name='espy605']What titles? The GS near me never update their prices so the lowest price on anything Xbox I see is $10.[/QUOTE]

Do a search online for used games under $10, a lot of $3 titles (the Tom Clancy games, Project Gotham, Kabuki Warriors, Mech Assault, and a couple others that I forgot..) will show up.

And there's the Max Payne games as well.

I can't wait to see how much credit I'm going to come away with.. GS's lowest trade credit is $1 these days, correct? By that logic, since I have the card and want to add to my Okami preorder.. I should get somewhere around $15 for every set of 3 games.. but even if I don't preorder, that's still $14 or so.

"Power Trade Offer"
Trade any games towards the reservation or purchase of the following 4 games, receive and extra 20% trade credit (excluding hardware).
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue (DS)
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue (GBA)
-Godfather (XB360)
-NBA Live 2007 (PS2, XBOX, XB360)

Promo: "Extra $10 trade-in credit with the trade-in of 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games"
Customers trading in 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games receive an extra $10 trade credit. Customers can mix formats. For example, 2 PS2 games and 1 XBOX game can receive the total extra $10. 2006 and earlier sports, all wrestling and all demo discs are still excluded from this offer.

How would these two work together if you traded in three? I assume it would it be:
$(Game Value 1) x 1.2 + $(Game Value 2) x 1.2 + $(Game Value 3) x 1.2 + $10

And for the first deal, what happens if I trade in ~$36 of games for a $35 reservation? Would they reduce it?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Took advantage of this today, but the cashier forgot to add the extra $10 (for the trade 3 deal).
Went to another EB and told them what happened and they gave me $10 off my purchase because of it.[/quote]

According to the OP, the promo isn't supposed to start until Monday.

Well, of course, the web site is still lacking the $10 bonus trade-in deal.

However, they are showing one I haven't seen mentioned here:

Get the Nintendo DS Animal Crossing Bundle for $89.99 when you trade in a GBA SP System.*

*Offer expires 09/15/06. Offer good while supplies last. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. GBA System trade must have AC. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers.

That's not too bad if you don't mind getting a phat DS and need the AC game (I already have 2 of each, thanks...).

I wish the $10 bonus deal would show up there. I just have a feeling there will be more exclusions thrown in than we know about.

[quote name='io']Well, of course, the web site is still lacking the $10 bonus trade-in deal.

However, they are showing one I haven't seen mentioned here:

That's not too bad if you don't mind getting a phat DS and need the AC game (I already have 2 of each, thanks...).

I wish the $10 bonus deal would show up there. I just have a feeling there will be more exclusions thrown in than we know about.[/quote]

I put the sign up last night for the $10 bonus and it only had exclusions of "All 2006 and older sports titles, all wrestling titles and demos are excluded". Only way there will be more exclusions is if they email us them... but as you all know, most stores don't really read them so you can still get away with trading in the excluded titles for the bonus.

[quote name='elmyra']According to the OP, the promo isn't supposed to start until Monday.[/quote]

And my eb had signage up yesterday and honored the deal yesterday. What is your point?

[quote name='jezebelseven']How is it fraud when I was told 'If the screen gets scratched, you can replace it', and the screen was indeed scratched (as was the whole case which was my original reason for return, and the reason i got the warranty. Young nephews who like to nab my electronics.), yet they told me they wouldn't replace it? I remember in the same conversation I was told that I could "throw it under a bus" and they would replace it, but that also isn't the truth. Throwing it under a bus is not an accidental thing either.

I had manually added a groove or two in in the screen, to accent them, but my original reason was for the "cosmetic" case marks. I had a feeling (and it was right) that they might try the "we don't take it back for cosmetic things", and say my screen scratches were "not enough to be non-cosmetic".

That's them not living up to their word. That's them having idiotic salespeople who don't even know their own warranties and what they cover. The first idiot I dealt with that time didn't know how to turn it on and kept running the stylus over it, then had to take it to geek squad to ask them about it. He had no idea what he was even looking at. He said that they could take it back for screen scratches but not case scratches-- He said the case scratches invalidated the warranty.
The second rep, a girl, had no idea what it was and thought it was a palm pilot and argued with me that they couldn't take it back because it was 'too scratched' on the screen, esentially saying the exact opposite of what the first guy said, that they could take it back for cosmetic scratches but not screen scratches.

The manager, however, knew what happened and told me that I was right, and that the scratches should be covered especially if the sales person said they were when it was sold to me, and he did the right thing by taking it back.. I even did the right thing by offering to buy a new coverage program, rather than demanding they extend the old one, like the first two idiots kept arguing with me about (When I kept telling them I had planned on getting a new plan anyways).

They're also douchebags for telling me that I could bring in my fully functional brand new xbox to use it for trading in for a 360 (Which was in the salesmans words, a free upgrade), which is a complete lie -- I know this now but for a long time I had planned on doing just that, until I had the whole DS issue, and now I know that it's not a possibility. I've had similar problems with other things warrantied where I was told practically everything was covered when it was not at this same store. They're douchebags because I've had to go through the same things over and over with them.

Like I said, thankfully the manager has his shit together and knows I'm not trying to rip them off, I'm just a victim of his salespeople not knowing what they're selling. He's fixed things for me and made sure I got the correct coverage each time there's been a problem since the DS, and I always walk out the door knowing exactly what it really covers.

Even if you consider what I did fraud (Which I personally don't), the majority of their salespeople are indeed clueless douchebags. Just because I'm a fellow douchebag doesn't mean they aren't too.

It shouldn't matter if they have any normal ds's in stock, you can always upgrade on warranties I've had (Or is that, again, my store botching things up?). Did it with my mp3 player when it died and upgraded to a 40g for the same price (it was on sale), did it with a boombox for my mother as well. You just have to pay the difference, and it has to be in the same 'area' of products (Like cd players for cd players, computers for computers, speakers for speakers.. nothing like a vaccum for a laptop.)[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you're talking about Best Buy here, and if so, I completely understand. I had to fight with them this year about a warranty on my big screen tv. Some spots appeared in the lower-right corner of the screen. I have no idea how they got there, but HEY, I've got the warranty, so everything's cool. They send out a tech, who says it can't be cleaned and tells the BB people that my kid spilled soda on it (side note: I DON'T HAVE KIDS). I ended up arguing with the BB warranty people for a couple weeks.

The in-store management was nice, but on an item that large ultimately helpless. The best resolve I finally got was the guy ended up refunding me most of what I paid for the warranty (but not all, since they had sent that worthless tech out...).

The lesson I learned was no extended warranties from BB, especially on big items. As I told one of the higher ups at the warranty place during this episode, all they care about is getting that extra $$ tacked onto the sale price - once the item's out the door, they're done with it.

I dont know if this helps at all but here are some of the cheaper games B&M to pick up at GS and EB to help take advantage of this deal.

PS2
Power Drome Racing
Max Payne
Max Payne 2-(only the new version is a $1.99)
GT3
RTX Red Rock
THPS 3
Unison

XBOX
Max Payne
Max Payne 2
Ghost Recon
Mech Assult
Splinter Cell
Crimson Skies
Rainbow Six
Quantum Redshift

I am sure there are more but these are the ones I remembered using in July.

[quote name='o_O']How would these two work together if you traded in three? I assume it would it be:
$(Game Value 1) x 1.2 + $(Game Value 2) x 1.2 + $(Game Value 3) x 1.2 + $10

And for the first deal, what happens if I trade in ~$36 of games for a $35 reservation? Would they reduce it?[/quote]

You can't stack promos.. Only GI/EDGE Card and thats it

It's not regional. The deal starts tomorrow. It will probably be in the Gamestop flyer like it usually is, so grab one of those and show it to them. That's what I have to do sometimes when dealing with clueless employees.

If you can't find a flyer, call customer support while you're in the store and hand the phone to the employee. They'll tell them that the sale is going on.

There is no flyer

Would I get the extra 10 dollars if I trade GBA games? Can I trade DS games?

Also, are there any other restrictions? Like can the stores refuse to take games that cost too little?

Having trouble reading the original post? It answers everything you just questioned..

"Promo: "Extra $10 trade-in credit with the trade-in of 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games"
"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back