[Updated 10/14] Gamestop/EB Marketing Plan 10/16 to 11/5 Trade 3 Get $10 Ends 10/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

allout1986

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Sorry, but no good game trading promos this time in marketing. For those of you waiting to get rid of a system, now is the time to do it for some extra credit.

Trade Values according to the Wiki.

(Green means it is starting on 10/16)
(White is a continuation from last marketing period)
(Red means it is ending on 10/15)

Trade Promos

Promo: "Trade in your Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, or Xbox 360 and get $20 extra in credit" Systems must be fully functional and have all hook-ups with the controller. This deal does not get extra bonuses.

Promo: "Trade in your old Xbox and get $80 credit towards an Xbox 360 console."
This works on both the Pro package and the core system.

"Power Trade Offer" Trade any games towards the reservation or purchase of the following 4 games, receive and extra 20% trade credit (excluding hardware).
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube or Wii versions)
- Gears of War (Regular or Collectors)
- Final Fantasy XII (Regular or Collectors)
- All other Titles get a 10% increase when all credit applied to preorder

Promo: "Extra $10 trade-in credit with the trade-in of 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games"
Customers trading in 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games receive an extra $10 trade credit. Customers can mix formats. For example, 2 PS2 games and 1 XBOX game can receive the total extra $10. 2006 and earlier sports, all wrestling and all demo discs are still excluded from this offer.
THIS IS STACKABLE WITH THE EDGE/GAMESTOP CARD.

Promo Extended: "Get any new or used XB360 game for $9.99 when you trade-in 2 Xbox 360 Games" Trade exclusions include all 2006 and older sports titles, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, King Kong, Project Gotham 3, Ridge Racer 6, Outfit & Amped 3. Offer good on any XB360 game $59.99 or less.

==================================================

Sales

Promo: "Get Auto Assault free with purchase of any PC game"

Promo: "PSP 1GB Rapid GX Memory Stick Duo for $79.99" (this may be $69.99 in store after looking at the price earlier today)

Promo: "World of Warcraft for $19.99"

Promo: "Buy Guild Wars Online and Get Guild Wars Online Factions (SKU-646502) for $29.99"

Promo: "PSP 2GB Memory Stick Duo for $79.99"

DVD Offers (No expiration)

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $10"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $5.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $20"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $9.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $30"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $12.99 price point.

Events your store may be doing... Call ahead of time to make sure.

Event: "Gears of War Preview" Select stores will be staying open late on 10-21 in order to show off Gears of War for the Xbox 360. The showing will start at 9 PM and last approximately 15-20 minutes from what I can tell.

Event: "Final Fantasy XII Costume Contest & Midnight Opening" Some stores may end up doing a costume contest for the release of Final Fantasy XII. Participants may dress up as any Final Fantasy character of their choosing (Prizes may be available, although I'm not to sure about it). Some stores may also be participating in a midnight opening for Final Fantasy XII.

I think I've covered everything that is available this time around. If anyone discovers that something is missing, please post in the thread or the even better bet is to PM me so I can add to the list accordingly.

[quote name='ManChowder']Wow, that totally sucks... although it really doesn't surprise me.

A guy at a local Gamestop was bragging to me about how they(his store) will look over the discs very carefully and charge a refurb fee for even the smallest blemish... even a single fingerprint. Then I picked out a used game and sure enough the disc they gave me had a few scratches.

Make sure that you tell the DM that they games were pretty much brand new when you traded them, and also that the clerk did NOT advise you that there would be a refurb fee.

Just be careful in the future and always take note of how much they are giving you on trade-ins before you sign off on the trade.[/quote]

Wow, Now I am thinking that I am so lucky. Here, I have never heard anything like refurb fee. They never care about the discs' condition, as long as they play. I was only really pissed off by one bitch EB manager cause she did not give me the 10% more when doing the extra $10 deal and teased me cheap.

[quote name='ManChowder']Wow, that totally sucks... although it really doesn't surprise me.

A guy at a local Gamestop was bragging to me about how they(his store) will look over the discs very carefully and charge a refurb fee for even the smallest blemish... even a single fingerprint. Then I picked out a used game and sure enough the disc they gave me had a few scratches.

Make sure that you tell the DM that they games were pretty much brand new when you traded them, and also that the clerk did NOT advise you that there would be a refurb fee.

Just be careful in the future and always take note of how much they are giving you on trade-ins before you sign off on the trade.[/QUOTE]
Refurb fees are YMMV. At the EBGAMES at the Mall St. Mathews in Louisville, they accepted a slipheed and a mega man x collection that other stores passed on with no refurb fee. It depends on the CSR and stuff.

He also did the more card bonus for me. 12 games netted me 78.10, enought for a deposite of Lego Star Wars II.

well I just bought a combined 18 copies of max payne 2 for ps2 and xbox and 7 copies of sega gt. so far I traded for $40 profit. This deal is great.

[quote name='Cornbreadxd']well I just bought a combined 18 copies of max payne 2 for ps2 and xbox and 7 copies of sega gt. so far I traded for $40 profit. This deal is great.[/quote]

Watch out, last time somebody got banned by EB/GS for flipping the games.

Are you certain that MP2 only has a trade in value of .50? If so, that means the standard of a $1 minimum value is gone....
I can confirm something is $0.50. I lost my receipt but I remember thinking it was odd I got less than $13 for trading in three games (Max Payne 1 GH PS2, Max Payne 2 for Xbox, Max Payne 2 for PS2). I only flipped the games once. I got $11.00 for all three games (which is odd because before the bonus he said I would only get $2.50 but I was in a rush to leave).

Prices for the wiki:

Xbox-
Halo 2 - $20.00
Robotech: Battlecry - $1.00

PS2-
Duel Masters - $1.50
Watch out, last time somebody got banned by EB/GS for flipping the games.
Normally I would say that's paranoia but I do remember the thread about the guy that got banned from trade-ins. He didn't flip as many games as the guy you warned did, either. I think it depends on how observant the district manager is.

With the help of radjago, I updated the Wiki with all the posts up to here.

The good news is most of the prices have held steady since June/July. There were even a few that went up (most notably Destroy All Humans PS2 went from $5 to $8). And really, most of the changes were only 50 cents one way or the other.

I was hoping to bring a set in tonight but Family stuff got in the way :lol:
I'll make it there some time this week...

I brought in 18 games and came out with 108.00. I left the receipt at home so I cant check it now, but I think they may have shortchanged me 10.00. The only non-compatible game I had was Madden '05, and he just threw it in with the rest of the games while scanning, thus messing up with the order. When I go home this weekend can I show them the receipt and get my 10.00?

Looking at some of the games that you guys are trading in for next to nothing... I'd like to say ....

$20 including bonus for Mario Baseball and Mario Strikers? I'd easily give you
$25 shipped. What ever happened to the thread about I'm about to trade this or that anyways...

[quote name='spamfree2']Looking at some of the games that you guys are trading in for next to nothing... I'd like to say ....

$25 shipped. What ever happened to the thread about I'm about to trade this or that anyways...[/quote]

So I'd be making out by $2? It's not worth it.

[quote name='spamfree2']Looking at some of the games that you guys are trading in for next to nothing... I'd like to say ....

$25 shipped. What ever happened to the thread about I'm about to trade this or that anyways...[/QUOTE]

Well after shipping and stuff, it's quite close. It's easier just to trade it in for convinience.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']So I'd be making out by $2? It's not worth it.[/QUOTE]

Yea like I could have went the route of eBay for my games, but after fees and taking the time to list, its just not worth the extra 20.00 or so

Crap, it's down for me too!
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7680 bytes) in /usr/home/cheapas/domains/wiki.cheapassgamer.com/public_html/includes/LoadBalancer.php on line 585

Sorry for the double post, I only clicked submit once, but I got that Fatal error so I must have clicked back or something.

Oh well, I'll use this post to put up my trade in values:

:xbox: Silent Hill 2 Platinum hits: $5
:xbox: Rainbow Six 3 : $1
:xbox: Max Payne 2 : $.50
:ps2: Hitman 2: $2.50
:ps2: Timesplitters: Future Perfect: $5
:ps2: Syphon Filter: Omega Strain: $1

+$20 bonus = $35.

Crappy games yes, but $35 is $35 I guess.

too bad this months gameinformer doesn't have a b2g1 coupon. last time the trade 3 for $10 was on i was buying 3 copies of Kingdom hearts 2 for 96 (45 x2 plus 6 for the magazine) and trading them in for 121 (33 x 3 plus 10 plus 11 (10% bonus). kind of fun.

Too bad every cheapass game I have that I'm willing to trade in probably is on their exclude list. Like Turok Evolution and Blood Rayne. I hate the exclude list with a passion

[quote name='MadFlava']Too bad every cheapass game I have that I'm willing to trade in probably is on their exclude list. Like Turok Evolution and Blood Rayne. I hate the exclude list with a passion[/QUOTE]

There isn't an exclusion list anymore. Anything that is not 06 sports, wrestling, or demos should work.

Traded in:

Blinx (Xbox) $1
Unreal Championship 2 (Xbox) $1
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (Ps2) $12

Also I can't get the Wiki to work, does anyone knwo the trade in values for Burnout an Condemned for the 360? I don't know if I should trade them in at EB or trade them at FYE.

I can't believe that some people actually trade-in their games without a deal like this. If I offered some random person who wasn't interested in a couple of their games $0.50 or $1.00 for any of the, they would be like "fuck off."

Anybody know what NCAA 07(360) gets in trade, I called two stores in my area and they told me they cant tell me over the phone.

Anybody know what NCAA 07(360) gets in trade, I called two stores in my area and they told me they cant tell me over the phone.

Anyone know if I could use this deal towards a pre-order for the Black DS Lite? I'd also like to trade in an old SP to bring the price down to $100.

Anyone know if I could use this deal towards a pre-order for the Black DS Lite? I'd also like to trade in an old SP to bring the price down to $100.

Double posts rock mi sox!

That's bizarre that they won't tell you over the phone. $20-$25 is my guess, now that the trade+pre-order for Madden deal is gone.

[quote name='MadFlava']Too bad every cheapass game I have that I'm willing to trade in probably is on their exclude list. Like Turok Evolution and Blood Rayne. I hate the exclude list with a passion[/quote]

Funny that you should mention Turok: Evolution. That game is so old, it got taken off the POX (exclusion) list last time they had a trade-in deal involving the POX list.

Some really old wrestling games were taken off as well. But it's a moot point now, since they've done away with the POX list indefinitely.

Just got back from GS.
Jade cocoon 2=$3
Shadow hearts covenant=$16
Street fighter anniversary=$12
wild arms 4=$7
grandia 2=$6
star ocean 3=$8
front mission 4= $3
god of war=$9
arc the lad the end of darkness=$5

Total with edge card plus $30 bonus= $108.87
Since when has shadow hearts covenant been worth anything? GS is selling it used for $39.99, i thought this game has been on clearance for some time now.

Just got back from GS.
Jade cocoon 2=$3
Shadow hearts covenant=$16
Street fighter anniversary=$12
wild arms 4=$7
grandia 2=$6
star ocean 3=$8
front mission 4= $3
god of war=$9
arc the lad the end of darkness=$5

Total with edge card plus $30 bonus= $108.87
Since when has shadow hearts covenant been worth anything? GS is selling it used for $39.99, i thought this game has been on clearance for some time now.

I never really done this before. I can get like 3 Pac Pix from Sears for $2.00 and they trade in at GS for $5. So if I buy 3 for $6, they would trade in for $15 plus an extra $10 would be a total of $25. Is that worth the hassle?

[quote name='icecubedx5']I never really done this before. I can get like 3 Pac Pix from Sears for $2.00 and they trade in at GS for $5. So if I buy 3 for $6, they would trade in for $15 plus an extra $10 would be a total of $25. Is that worth the hassle?[/quote] could you sell me one for $4?

Just got back from my Local GS.

All these prices are before the card/promotion.

Nintendogs- $15
Super Mario 62 DS- $11
Kung Fu Chaos- $3
Mario Party 4- $12
Ape Escape On the Loose PSP- $6.60
Darkstalkers PSP- $5
Metroid Prime- $1.50
Soul Calibur 2 XBOX- $2
Jak 3- $5
SSX- $1
Champions of Norrath- $7
Legend of Zelda Four Swords- $9
Sonic Adventure 2 GCN- $4
Metal Arms XBOX- $1
Star Wars Obi-Wan- $1.50
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Battlenexus PS2- $6
Grand Theft Auto 3- $1
Grand Theft Auto Vice City- $2

After everything was said and done, I got $152.56

Not too shabby.

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']Just got back from my Local GS.

All these prices are before the card/promotion.

Nintendogs- $15
Super Mario 62 DS- $11
Kung Fu Chaos- $3
Mario Party 4- $12
Ape Escape On the Loose PSP- $6.60
Darkstalkers PSP- $5
Metroid Prime- $1.50
Soul Calibur 2 XBOX- $2
Jak 3- $5
SSX- $1
Champions of Norrath- $7
Legend of Zelda Four Swords- $9
Sonic Adventure 2 GCN- $4
Metal Arms XBOX- $1
Star Wars Obi-Wan- $1.50
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Battlenexus PS2- $6
Grand Theft Auto 3- $1
Grand Theft Auto Vice City- $2

After everything was said and done, I got $152.56

Not too shabby.[/quote]
only 11 for mario 64?

Prices before bonus:

PSP
Metal Gear Ac!d 2- $9

XBox
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas- $9
Max Payne 2- $.50
Max Payne- $1.00
Grand Theft Auto 3- $2.00
Grand Theft Auto Vice City- $3.00

Total after $10 extra and Edge card- $48.95 ($1 more than I payed for all these games combined)

That's bizarre that they won't tell you over the phone. $20-$25 is my guess, now that the trade+pre-order for Madden deal is gone.

From what I understand, it's standard policy to not quote prices over the phone. The official reason is that they say trade in values change daily, but I'm guessing they've had employees misquote prices over the phone.

Traded in:
Nintendogs $15
Sprung $1.50
Goldeneye DS $7
Guilty Gear DS $9
Ping Pals $0.75
Wild Arms 4 $7
Rocky Legends $5
Killzone $5
Onimusha $1.50
Mario Party 7 $20
Serious Sam $1
Jet Set Radio Future $1
Gun $5
Halo 2 $20
SWAT: Global Strike $1.50
Conflict: Desert Storm $2.50
Counter Strike $1.50
XIII $1

With the $10 per 3 and the 10% EDGE card (which I got to use off a stranger who offered it) I got back $182.02. Original cost to me: ~$67. Nice return considering I got most of the games for free or for low clearance prices in the past few days. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back