CAGcast #43: Big Ass Chains

I just reloaded the page. Now it ends at the PSP-PS3 connection discussion.

It's probably because I'm not downloading it, maybe?

Anyway, good show!

damn Cheapy you've sold me on Saint's Row...I have to see this "Big Ass Chains" Mode.

on the Circuit City thing
although I'm sure it's not intentional I've seen stickers at best buy in the past that said they could help you install xbox games for you for 20 bucks. So would this 20 bucks entail opening the tray putting in the game for you or do they press the start button for you?

as for your plan wombat I'm sure they would do one of two things, try to sell you the harddrive or just say the service isn't available for the core model.

here's a funny fact I found out about 360 Face plates

microsoft (and it seems any third party) doesn't actually sell the white faceplate (you know the one that comes with your 360)...but if you call MS and let them you know broke it, they'll send you a replacement for free though.

by the way this post was brought to you by the letter...
e

[quote name='zewone']I just reloaded the page. Now it ends at the PSP-PS3 connection discussion.

It's probably because I'm not downloading it, maybe?

Anyway, good show![/quote]

Yeah, I have had the same issue with Pickle Player too. I'd rather stream than DL...

edit: all good now.

This latest installment of the CAGcast is awesome, although I have to listen to that last part, but I'll probably end up listening to the whole thing again, which I don't mind anyway.

-->"a"

A fine show, Cheapy and Wombat. I agree with the idea of throwing in an occasional guest for a 10 minute segment once in a while.

s

I have a stack of fodder to trade in after moving this past weekend. I just may have to pick up Saint's Row now, even though I had no intention of buying it.
Oh well,
"i"

Great CAGCast, you guys are constantly funny, I liked Wombats "Loco Roco? No thanks, I just ate". Keep it uuuuuuuuuuup

n

As usual, great show. Still too much 360 talk, we're supposed to be cheap gamers, how can we afford that kind of stuff? I splashed out and bought a DS this year, so that's me done :)

a

Cheapy,

In the podcast you mentioned how "L" and "R" are pronounced the same in the Japanese. While that is correct, you were mistaken when you said "Row, row" would be "lo, lo". The "R" sound remains the same, it is the "L" that changes. So "La" would be "Ra" so on and so forth, if I'm not mistaken.

Also did you guys drop N word on the show, or am I hearing things?

X

Good show.

The deal with the PS3 isn't that they are broken. It's just there is a shortage of the diodes that go into the Blu Ray players because they are difficult to manufacture. The 360 ran into problems ramping up production with it's tech last year too.

There is widescreen support for most Wii games. And it will have component cables.

I think Wii online play will be just fine. I don't think most folks live online and I think Nintendo will appeal to those folks with a simple, easy to get into, play for 20 minutes free setup. You won't see Nintendo 1st party stuff either needing a horde of patches to make it work online.

Hmm... well, I can't really think of much to say on this one, so I guess that's good. There seemed to be more little errors or misinformation for various trivial things in this episode, but it was enjoyable to listen to. Not your guy's best episode, but far from your worst.

Glad to have Wombat back in better spirits.

a
b
c
d
e
f
g
h
i
j
k

[quote name='trip1eX']Good show.

The deal with the PS3 isn't that they are broken. It's just there is a shortage of the diodes that go into the Blu Ray players because they are difficult to manufacture. The 360 ran into problems ramping up production with it's tech last year too.
[/quote] Well, if I'm not mistaken, being difficult to manufacture results in low yields. So they produce a lot, but a lot of them are broken. :D So you're both right.

Hey Wombat, How do u feel about Civil War being delayed?
Also, What are the last batch of trades/HC have you bought?

[quote name='shipwreck']

Glad to have Wombat back in better spirits.

[/QUOTE]

To be perfectly honest things are actually getting worse, both at work and with other things (Mrs. Wombat and Zelda are doing fine) I just had an easier time putting it aside last night. Right now, lets just say I'm glad I dont have to do a show tonight

[quote name='Wombat']To be perfectly honest things are actually getting worse, both at work and with other things (Mrs. Wombat and Zelda are doing fine) I just had an easier time putting it aside last night. Right now, lets just say I'm I dont have to do a show tonight[/quote]

i hope things get better,just hold on and keep your stick on the ice.;)

Hey CheapyD and Wombat! Another great podcast.

First, Cheapy asked about a good upconverting DVD player. HKFlix has a great stock of them, the best feature/price-wise is the Oppo Digital OPDV971H. It's $200, so it's a bit pricey, but you get a lot for your money. It also plays XviD.

Second, GamePlay HD is an HD channel on the Dish Network, formerly part of Voom HD. As a matter of fact, Cheapy actually started a thread on it.

Hang in there, Wombat.

Jeremy

z

Is it just me, or are the Cagcasts getting longer, yet I feel like at the end I always want more? Here's a question I'd like you guys to answer on the next Cagcast. What do you think about the people who buy new release consoles just to profit on Ebay?

humm... great show! those snippets at the show's end with the old guy talkin' is so weird.

anyways, seems like you guys were kinda getting on each other's nerves for awhile during the saint's row segment and also during the keychain questions. it's all about CAG LOVE!

HAPPY B-DAY CHEAPYD!

j

bread's done
Back