CompUSA Red Star Inventory Blowout B&M YMMV

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
CompUSA has been clearancing some inventory for some time now. I don't know if this is a new promo that I stumbled upon or not. But I noticed on the website there is a red star thing going on right now where you save an additional 25% off the clearance price. AND you can check your local stores inventory online! Just looking through a few Wisconsin stores...which I'm not even close to unfortunately...I see some nice deals on hardware. Just thought I'd mention this so hopefully some of you CAGs can score some nice deals.

Link to store selection page
- Select your state
- then on the next page click on "See this store's listing of blowout items"

Examples from Brookfield location:
Norwood P42BSAT 42-inch Plasma EDTV $899.98 - $225.00 = $674.98 (2 in stock)
Game Boy Advance SP, Onyx $49.98 - $12.50 = $37.48 (2 in stock)
GameCube, Platinum Limited Edition $74.98 - $18.75 = $56.23 (4 in stock)

Examples from Madison location:
Magnavox 15MF150V/37 15-inch LCD TV $249.98 - $62.50 = $187.48 (2 in stock)
Xbox Console $99.98 - $25.00 = $74.98 (2 in stock)

Just looking through some other stores I've seen some of the following:
GB Micro Black for $69.98 - $17.50 = $52.48
DS Electric Blue for $119.98 - $30 = $89.98
PS2 Slimline for $129.98 - $32.50 = $97.48
PSP for $179.98 - $45 = $134.98

Might want to try using this too
$10 off $100 purchase

For anyone who doesn't own a PS2 yet, this is an awesome deal. Q4 of 2006 will be a great last push for Sony, with some great games coming out.

PDZ Collector's Edition and Kameo each for $19.99 - that's hot, too!

my comp usa has 3 psp's, but you can't opt for in store pickup on the 179.99 price. can you apply the 25% in store?

Holy Shit... looks like I'll be making the hour drive to Comp USA tonight or tomorrow (after football, of course)

314637 SD-DVR40 40GB DVR with TiVo Service
- Brand: DIRECTV
- Category: Electronics » Home Video » DVR / PVR 2 $29.98

319905 Sirius Satellite Receiver
- Brand: Audiovox
- Category: Electronics » iPods & Portable Audio » Satellite Radio 11 $9.98

319787 XM Roady2 Personal Audio System
- Brand: Delphi
- Category: Electronics » iPods & Portable Audio » Satellite Radio 2 $39.98

334219 The Movies
- Brand: Activision
- Category: Gaming » PC & Mac » Simulations 14 $19.98

337510 8X DVD+R Media, 120 MInute / 4.7GB, Spindle, 30 Pack
- Brand: Memorex
- Category: Accessories » Blank Media » DVD+R Media 17 $6.98

Thanks OP!

Yeah, it;s also in store. It started Sunday. I was in the store with a buddy and figured out that it doesn't matter if it has a star on the shelf or not. If it's clearance it's 25% off.

Don't assume those items are actually in-stock. At one out here store, they had RE4 (PS2) for $14.99 and they turned out to be non in-stock, as someone supposedly stole them the weekend before. :roll: Funny thing is how the items are still listed as in their inventory from three weeks ago.

[quote name='monkeypox']hmm, is the GBA SP onyx the version with the new, backlit/brighter screen?[/quote]

No, you're thinking of the GBA SP Graphite, Pearl Blue, and Peal Pink.

[quote name='tangwu']How can we determine what times are clearence? thanks[/QUOTE]

It's the last number in the price... a 7 or 8 I think.

[quote name='eskimo']No, you're thinking of the GBA SP Graphite, Pearl Blue, and Peal Pink.[/quote]

dang. that was the item i was hyped for too. so only those 3 colors are the new guy? thanks.

[quote name='allyourblood']dang. that was the item i was hyped for too. so only those 3 colors are the new guy? thanks.[/quote]

Yes. There are some special editions ones too (such as the SpongeBob version), but you probably don't care about those.

[quote name='eskimo']Yes. There are some special editions ones too (such as the SpongeBob version), but you probably don't care about those.[/quote]

well, i have a regular SP that i bought cheap and figured i'd enjoy despite the low-quality screen. i was wrong, so now i'm trying to find a cheap SP2 of any variety. it could be Barbie, for all i care, as long as the screen is sexy. ;)

Xbox Console $99.98 - $25.00 = $74.98 (2 in stock)

DON'T FREAKING DO THIS TO ME!!!! I was going there after class to search out some cheap games for the trade 3 get $10 deal....this is tempting, if only to play some CvS2 online...but I must resist :)

As Shrike said, don't assume it's there. The Hunstville, AL store said they had 2 30gb, or 20 I forget, HP ipods for $70 and a shitload of docks for $15. That's a hell of a deal without 25% off. I sent my dad to check it out and NONE of the stuff was there. The employees looked it up in the computer and it said in-stock, but they couldn't find it.

Now, this could have been employee hoarding, but I think it's more CompUSA incompetence. So, YMMV on this stuff.

My CompUSA had some stuff I passed up... but if this 25% off thing is true I may go pick up some of the stuff I skipped over :)

If you order on-line for in-store pickup, will the items still qualify for 25% off (or are they already marked down by that percentage when you buy them)?

Ran over to the Rockville, MD store today and picked up a bunch of cheap ones. Not only were they clearance prices, but all of them applied the 25% off like the OP said right at the register. They have a push rack of titles right after the registers when you walk in. Oh, and like someone mentioned above, all the quantities and titles they had were pretty much incorrect from the web listing (surprise, surprise).

MK: Deception (Xbox)
Bloodrayne (Xbox)
Test Drive: EoD (Xbox)
Arx Fatalis (Xbox)
Tork (Xbox)
Tak 2 Staff of Dreams (Xbox)
Ninja Gaiden Black (Xbox)
Blinx 2 (Xbox)
Rainbow 6 Lockdown PC

All of that was around 60 bucks. Not bad.

Finally broke down and bought a PS2 for $97. (I'm aware I'm the last person on the planet to buy one). They had 2 for sale. The first one scanned at $129.99, with no additional discounts. I showed him the printout from online because he (and another clerk who was watching as well) insisted it wasn't on sale.

When the clerk scanned the other PS2, it came up properly at 25% off. Who knows what went wrong with the first one, but I left the store happy.

[quote name='lorne']Painkiller: Hell Wars(xbox). $19.98. Shows up on the blowout lists near me. $15 after discount is not bad at all.

[/quote]
Which brings up the question of the discount being automatic or not. If it's $15 or so after discount, I'll go pick it up, since that's likely the cheapest I'll find it at retail, unless someone blows it out.

Did the discount happen when they completed the sale, or when they scanned it in the register to start with?

My store has all 3 of these TV's in-stock which on should I go for?(Prices all before discounts)

332157 MicroDisplay WD-52627 52-inch DLP 1080p Projection HDTV
- Brand: Mitsubishi
- Category: Electronics » Televisions » Projection TVs 2 $1,999.98

337619 WD-52526 52-inch 720p LCD Projection HDTV
- Category: Electronics » Televisions » Projection TVs 2 $1,399.98

337618 WD-62526 62-inch 720p LCD Projection HDTV
- Category: Electronics » Televisions » Projection TVs 2 $1,999.98

[quote name='shrike4242']Which brings up the question of the discount being automatic or not. If it's $15 or so after discount, I'll go pick it up, since that's likely the cheapest I'll find it at retail, unless someone blows it out.

Did the discount happen when they completed the sale, or when they scanned it in the register to start with?[/QUOTE]

Yes, at the store I was at, it was automatic when the cashier hit the subtotal, NOT when the item is scanned. It says "Promotion" for each line item and then the minused amount more.

[quote name='shrike4242']Which brings up the question of the discount being automatic or not. If it's $15 or so after discount, I'll go pick it up, since that's likely the cheapest I'll find it at retail, unless someone blows it out.

Did the discount happen when they completed the sale, or when they scanned it in the register to start with?[/quote]
Looks like Promo Code REDSTAR25 works with in store pickup.

let say the store has the item in stock, rahter than do in store pickup. what is i jsut go there sand buy it directly from the store, would the 25% off apply too?

[quote name='projecteightysix']mine listed 20 gig hp ipods for 70 bucks, i drive over there and they say that theyre broken ipods and wont sell them.

AWESOME.[/QUOTE]

are thesel isted online so i could check for instore pickup? got a link?

[quote name='shrike4242']Don't assume those items are actually in-stock. At one out here store, they had RE4 (PS2) for $14.99 and they turned out to be non in-stock, as someone supposedly stole them the weekend before. :roll: Funny thing is how the items are still listed as in their inventory from three weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Well that just tells you how often they do inventory.

picked up PDZ Collectors for $15. not a huge fan of the game, but I thought I'd give it another chance. If I don't like it, it trades for $12.

[quote name='lorne']Looks like Promo Code REDSTAR25 works with in store pickup.[/quote]
Indeed it does.

However, the three stores in my area, all of which list Painkiller: Hell Wars as being on-hand with 2 copies, suddenly don't have them when I actually try to place an order.

The GBA micro, however, does appear to be in-stock at one store.

I got college hoops 2k6 xbox 360 version for $14.98 and for the psp I got Untold legends brotherhood of the blade, need for speed rivals, and spider-man 2 for 7.48 each. Also got ssx on tour for $11.23.

[quote name='allyourblood']dang. that was the item i was hyped for too. so only those 3 colors are the new guy? thanks.[/quote]

If you want a black Advance SP with the new brighter screen, go get it. Black/Onyx is Graphite. See?

020260b.jpg

Go get it, dude. You can't beat the brighter screen.

[quote name='utopianmachine']If you want a black Advance SP with the new brighter screen, go get it. Black/Onyx is Graphite. See?

Go get it, dude. You can't beat the brighter screen.[/quote]
wait a minute. isn't graphite a specific color? and Onyx another? 'cause Onyx is the black one, and that uses the old screen, from what i can tell.

Yes the Onyx and Graphite models are about the same as a Platinum and Flame Red model...meaning...they are completely different. Onyx has old front lit screen, Graphite has the brighter backlit screen. BTW, where are you guys seeing the extra money being taken off the clearence price as shown in the first post? Is that some extra sale or coupon? Because I only see clearane prices.

I picked up Kameo and Perfect Dark Limited Edition today for $15 each. They rung up $19.98, but an additional $5 off promo amount was taken off of each because I guess all blowout items are an additional 25% off.

This was at the Culver City Compusa and there were lots of games left, although the PD Limited's weren't in the typical 360 place, they were in a stand with other 360 items.

My CompUSA has claims to have 2 Pearl Blue SPs in stock for 69.98, I guess that's unadjusted. If anyone REALLY wants one I guess I could arrange to get one for you.

icecubedx5, the price in the column is the clearance price, but this special is 25% *more* off the clearance price, if I read the first post right.

Final Fantasy XI - 4.98 (PC)

the expansion pack is the same price. I was just there a few days ago and it was 29.99. damn lol

-marc

Something that I think is pretty important about this sale. Items that are listed as Clearanced at other stores could possibly have a universal clearance price, regardless of what store it is listed at.

For example, a store an hour away listed Dark Water on DVD for $11.98, and I would be interested in picking that one up. But, my local store did not have it in the inventory. I go to my local store to pick up PDZ LE, and there Dark Water is on the shelf.

After dealing with a knowledge-less clerk (yes, I told him, PDZ LE should ring up as $20, your website says so, and it did), Dark Water rang up at it's clearance price.

Sooo, in theory, regardless of what the website inventory says, if your store has it in store and it's clearanced somewhere else, you have a chance of getting it at clearance - 25%.

[quote name='Vice']Something that I think is pretty important about this sale. Items that are listed as Clearanced at other stores could possibly have a universal clearance price, regardless of what store it is listed at.

For example, a store an hour away listed Dark Water on DVD for $11.98, and I would be interested in picking that one up. But, my local store did not have it in the inventory. I go to my local store to pick up PDZ LE, and there Dark Water is on the shelf.

After dealing with a knowledge-less clerk (yes, I told him, PDZ LE should ring up as $20, your website says so, and it did), Dark Water rang up at it's clearance price.

Sooo, in theory, regardless of what the website inventory says, if your store has it in store and it's clearanced somewhere else, you have a chance of getting it at clearance - 25%.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty much anything in the store that ends in .98 will ring up 25% off - star or not.

bread's done
Back