Card Fighters DS Discussion - Last Snk vs. Capcom Licensed Game To Be Made

RelentlessRolento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
logo.jpg

Home Page (Very Poorly Done SNK!): http://www.snkplaymoreusa.com/game_CardFightersDS.php

The sequal (or third game, if you include the upgraded version of the classic Neo Geo Pocket Color Game) to one of probably the best card based games on a system/console. My only fear is that SNK may have added some new rules that might ruin gameplay (example: More than one type of BP...?), but I'm getting it regardless due to the amount of time I put into the original.

add me to the list as well. I had very fond memories of the first game, and can't wait to get my hands on this one.

also, are there any pre-order deals going on for this?

edit: wow, it got pushed back until February 1st. that sucks!

[quote name='gigan54']add me to the list as well. I had very fond memories of the first game, and can't wait to get my hands on this one.

also, are there any pre-order deals going on for this?

edit: wow, it got pushed back until February 1st. that sucks![/QUOTE]

wow??? where's your source? last I heard it was comming out on Oct. 2nd. Makes sense if it's Feb 1st (a day after my b-day) since SNK has barely been public with the ordeal. Oh well... probably Falcoon has been wasting SNK money on too many burgers.

Yes, what source is being quoted on the release date? I don't see much info at all on this game, let alone when it's (not) going to come out...

I'm definitely all over this as well. Although I was really hoping for a release by the end of this year, it seems like early next year might make more sense. I hope it come with SNK Engrish.

[quote name='guido_anchovy_9']I'm definitely all over this as well. Although I was really hoping for a release by the end of this year, it seems like early next year might make more sense. I hope cum with SNK Engrish.[/QUOTE]

fixed for your pleasure.

I'm definitely getting it. I was known on the net as the grand poobah of CFC knowledge, since I wrote FAQ's for both CFC 1 and 2 that are available on GameFAQs

Got it preordered already, but I'll be taking all but $5 off of it to get MegaMan ZX. Only missing 3 cards in the original one. I can't seem to get lucky with a random link battle. Forgot how to get them.

[quote name='akilshohen']you sure this is the last vs game?[/QUOTE]
SNKP's gone on record saying that this will be the last installment in their vs. series with capcom. their license agreement for each other's properties expires sometime soon. there have been no talks of renewing it, at least not that I'm aware of.

Man if this is the last SNK VS. Capcom, I'd rather they did an actualy fighting game on the DS. Cool, I guess, for those who like Card Fighters.

Man if this is the last SNK VS. Capcom, I'd rather they did an actualy fighting game on the DS. Cool, I guess, for those who like Card Fighters.

I enjoyed their NGPC fighting game a great deal so it is a shame. However, the arcade version of SvC was poorly received, so they probably thought this kind of a game was less of a gamble.

Oh wow, the original is FANTASTIC. It's so good it was actually worth the price of the Neo Geo Pocket Color just for that game. I had no idea this existed!

I hope this is as good! I couldn't play the GBC Pokemon card game after playing this. SOOOOO adictive and fun.

Personally, I'm MUUUUCH more excited about this than I would be by a fighting game (although the DS could use one good Capcom fighting game, just so it has one).

[quote name='AndrewCP']Man if this is the last SNK VS. Capcom, I'd rather they did an actualy fighting game on the DS. Cool, I guess, for those who like Card Fighters.[/quote]

I've been a big Neo-Geo fan for years, so I have nothing but love for SNK. That said:

In my opinion- out of all the VS games, Card Fighters Clash is the best one. It's better than any of the true fighter games (CvS, CvS:pro, CvS2, SvC:Chaos, MotM) that were released. Compared to the Capcom fighters, the SNK fighters were actually a little lack-luster.

There's not a better choice they could have made. Building a new fighter from the ground up for the DS is probably expensive, but also given the track record - would probably wind up being a dog.

Card Fighters Clash is probably one of the best games ever made. It's stylish, fun, challenging but not impossible to beat, has a tremendous amount of strategy and depth.

If they add Wi-Fi, I'd probably camp out for it. Because the only problem with the original one is, once you beat the game and get all your cards, you long for new blood.

Preordered it the same day I preordered my bro's Wii. Now let's see if it hopefully does come out (still pissed at SNK for the KOF 94 Rebout incident).

Took bad they didnt' do a KOF ds game....woulda got that.

[quote name='ryoga79']Took bad they didnt' do a KOF ds game....woulda got that.[/quote]

I don't know about that. Do you recall KOF: EX Neo-Blood? The original KOF title for the GBA? Yeah... not good. Frankly, I don't think there's been a truely good SNK fighter released since MotW or so (I might have my timeline messed up, LastBlade 2 was good, but I think that came out before MotW). At the very least, I haven't been enamoured with an SNK fighter since.

Card Fighter's Clash is so deserving of an upgrade.

[quote name='ryoga79']Preordered it the same day I preordered my bro's Wii. Now let's see if it hopefully does come out (still pissed at SNK for the KOF 94 Rebout incident).

Took bad they didnt' do a KOF ds game....woulda got that.[/QUOTE]

you do realize that a DS KOF game has already been anounced? it's also rumored to have wifi play.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']you do realize that a DS KOF game has already been anounced? it's also rumored to have wifi play.[/QUOTE]

Actually, no I didn't. Guess it'll be something else I preorder or import.

I had EX 1, and hated it. Hopefully KOF DS will be as good or better then GG: Dust Strikers (which I really like the 4player mode on). As long as King is in it, I don't care. ^_^ I still play my NGPC version of SvC:MotM...freakin awesome game still...but no King....dagnabbit.....

[quote name='-Never4ever-']F'n AWESOME~!

I absolutley am addicted to card games, whether it be YGO!, Vs, Magic, WoW, Ebic Battles, UFS, Whatever. I just wish they could've made a real life SvsC game, but i guess this way I save money :D[/QUOTE]

agreed. Ever since the original I was wishing there would be a real version of the game, but oh well.

That's awesome Phoenix Wright characters are in there. OBJECTION! Powers :D

I'm really glad it's not coming out until next year, as I'm sick of every game getting released in a two month span.

[quote name='Puppy']That's awesome Phoenix Wright characters are in there. OBJECTION! Powers :D

I'm really glad it's not coming out until next year, as I'm sick of every game getting released in a two month span.[/QUOTE]

Thank the holliday rush :(

I've been wanting to play the NGP version forever, this thread just reminded me about this game I forgot it was comming out. I can't wait for it.

Is that a bad score? 6.25 seems solid for like Gamespot or something. Although the original version should score a lot higher than that.

[quote name='SDC']Bad news, guys...
25/40 from Famitsu ( www.gamesarefun.com )
I'm going to wait to see some reviews of the domestic release, though. I'm still pretty damn interested in it.[/QUOTE]

I've learned that scores can be a relative thing at times... in this case I already knew I wouldn't go by review score much at all since I just like card game video games too much.

I really like card games so i'll pick this game up when it's released I read some stuff on this game on this month's nintendo power and it looked pretty fun plus it has pheonix wright too. :drool:

[quote name='meerkatgamer']I really like card games so i'll pick this game up when it's released I read some stuff on this game on this month's nintendo power and it looked pretty fun plus it has pheonix wright too. :drool:[/quote]its always a plus when you got phoenix in there :cool: i'm gonna have to hold out on this until i get some good feedback from everyone else

I just hope the basic gameplay isn't too different from the original. Sometimes I think sequels breaks basic game mechanics when they try to add a bunch of stuff they don't need.

I'll pick it up regardless of the reviews just cause i'm a huge fan. I'm hoping they made a lot of changes though for the u.s. release.

I cant wait for this game. The original card fighter games I missed cos I never owned a NGPC. And believe me I almost bought one several times just to play those games. Im not worried about review scores, cos really, how high is a card battle game gonna score?

[quote name='Puffa469']I cant wait for this game. The original card fighter games I missed cos I never owned a NGPC. And believe me I almost bought one several times just to play those games. Im not worried about review scores, cos really, how high is a card battle game gonna score?[/QUOTE]

http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/162/162974p1.html

Craig Harris gave the original a 9.0. I'm going to be very worried if Gamespot or IGN give the sequel low scores. The first game's gameplay doesn't need any tweaks-even graphically (at least during the battles) it was fantastic. I'm VERY worried they've ruined it in the sequel, but I'm still hopeful.

Hopefully they don't really use the touchscreen either, as that could muck it up too.

I would think touchscreen controls would be perfect for a card battle game no?

[quote name='Wolfpup']http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/162/162974p1.html

Craig Harris gave the original a 9.0. I'm going to be very worried if Gamespot or IGN give the sequel low scores. The first game's gameplay doesn't need any tweaks-even graphically (at least during the battles) it was fantastic. I'm VERY worried they've ruined it in the sequel, but I'm still hopeful.

Hopefully they don't really use the touchscreen either, as that could muck it up too.[/quote]

I doubt it, as the original game already controlled perfectly. Plus, so far I've been completely unimpressed by even games that seem like they SHOULD work well on a touch screen.

[quote name='SDC']Bad news, guys...
25/40 from Famitsu ( www.gamesarefun.com )
I'm going to wait to see some reviews of the domestic release, though. I'm still pretty damn interested in it.[/QUOTE]

All that score from Famitsu means is that SNK neglected to pay X amount of ad dollars in order to net it a higher score.

Look this stuff up if you don't believe me.

bread's done
Back