Rough Guide to uncommon current generation Games and Guides

j-fever

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
This is a list based upon an earlier post. This list should contain ONLY uncommon/rare current Gen games (PS2, XB, GC, GBA...) and guides for current generation titles. Some CAGs may like this post and some will not, this list should be considered YMMV.

Everybody knows that www.digitpress.com has an on-line rare guide. This is only a rough quick reference and to provide some discussion. Also, this is only for current titles.

Part of this list was originally started by Apossum and his hard work, this is a modification to include only current Gen games, the original had older games as well. Here the the original thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51237&highlight=rare+guide
Have fun!

PS2
Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana ~ $15 and up on ebay
Aliens Vs Predator Extncton ~ Rare is some places $17 and up on ebay
Digital Devil Saga ~ $40 and up.
Disgaea ~ Rare is some places $50 and up on ebay
Disney Golf ~ $9 and up on ebay
Document of Metal Gear Solid 2 ~ Rare is some places $10 and up on ebay
Fatal Frame ~ Rare is some places $20 and up on ebay
Fatal Frame 2 ~ $20 and up on ebay
Firefighter FD 18 ~$40 and up on ebay
Futurama ~$35 and up on ebay
Gallop Racer 2003 ~$25 and up on ebay
Gallop Racer 2004 ~$35 and up on ebay
Growlancer Special Edition ~$60 and up on ebay
Guy Game ~ Rare is some places $30 and up on ebay
Gitaroo Man- ~ Rare is some places $25 and up on ebay
Jurassic Park Operation Genesis ~ Rare is some places $30 and up on ebay
Klonoa 2 ~ Rare is some places $12 and up on ebay
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance ~ Rare is some places $35 and up on ebay
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistance LE ~ Very Rare, ~ $80 and up
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2- Very Rare, ~ $70 and up
Resident Evil 4 Premium Edition ~ $40 and up
Rez- ~ Rare is some places $40 and up on ebay
Sky Gunner ~ Rare is some places $15 and up on ebay
Shrek Super Party ~ Rare is some places $18 and up on ebay
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne ~ Rare is some places $40 and up on ebay (typical Atlas title, popular with low distribution..)
World of Outlaws ~$35 and up on ebay
Wizardry ~ Rare is some places $25 and up on ebay
Way of the Samurai 2 ~ Rare is some places $20 and up on ebay
Zone of Enders 2: Second Runner ~ Rare is some places $20 and up on ebay

Xbox
Arx Fatalis
Airforce Delta Storm ~ $25 and up on ebay
Chaos Theory LE ~$30 and up on ebay
Disney Sports Basketball Cancelled
Disney Sports Basketball ~ $40 and up on ebay
F1 2001 ~ $25 and up on ebay
Frogger Beyond ~ $15 and up on ebay
Gauntlet Dark Legacy ~ about $30 and up on ebay
Guy Game ~ Rare is some places $30 and up on ebay
Kakuto Chojin- cancelled and pulled from the shelves, low demand
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2- OOP, ~ $30 and up
MotoGP 2- ~$35
Roller Coaster Tycoon ~ Rare is some places $12 and up on ebay
Spikeout Battle Street- Low production, low demand
The Red Star Cancelled
Worms 3D: Special Edition ~ Rare is some places $15 and up on ebay

Xbox360

Any games worth $400?

Gamecube
Cubivore- Moderately Rare, ~20 and up
Disney Sports Basketball ~ $40 and up on ebay
Gauntlet Dark Legacy ~ $30 and up on ebay
Ikaruga- Somewhat rare, ~20 and up, still in some stores
NCAA College Basketball 2K3 ~$50 and up on ebay
Resident Evil 2 and 3 ~$15 and up on ebay
Rally Championship ~$15 and up on ebay
Star Wars: Jedi Outcast ~$40 and up on ebay
Top Angler (Cube)-about $30-$35 on eBay
Zelda Collector's Edition ~$30 and up on ebay
Zelda Ocarina of Time/MQ ~$25 and up on ebay

Gameboy Advance

Breath of Fire 1
Car Battler Joe ~$30 and up on ebay
Double Dragon Advance
Doom 1
Doom 2
It's Mr. Pant's ~ $10 and up on ebay
Jurassic Park 3: Park Builder
Lufia-about ~$25 and up on ebay
Ninja 5-0
Riviera: The Promised Land
River City Ransom EX
Robocop
Tactics Ogre

Nintendo DS
Nintendogs :Best Friends (DS bundle game)
Phoenix Wright (getting a reprint soon?)
Puyo Pop Fever
Trauma Center: Under the Knife (getting a reprint soon?)

Uncommon/Rare Game Strategy Guides:

Castlevania Lament of Innocence
Disgaea
Dark Cloud 1
Final Fantasy XI Online
Mechasaault
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Metriod Prime
Red Dead Revolver
Rygar
Resident Evil 2 & 3 GC
Skies of Arcadia
Sphinx and The Cursed Mummy
Sly Cooper
Spinter Cell 1
Wild Arms 3
Zelda Collectors Edition

Add the following for GBA

Ninja 5-0
Jurassic Park 3: Park Builder
Breath of Fire 1 ( I just spent $33 for a new copy, opened and flipped through the manual and have no intention of playing it)
Double Dragon Advance
River City Ransom EX
Robocop (Pretty sure this exists based on ign reviews and pics but have yet to actually find one in store or online)

There are more GBA, i'll post them or pm them to the op if he prefers. GBA is my speciallity, i have 147 currently, all complete.

Disney Sports Basketball never came out for Xbox so that is extremely rare. F1 2001 should definitely be on the Xbox list though.

Thanks to jputahraptor and shipwreck We have updatd the list. I still need aprox values for some of the games...

Funny how disgaea is rare and I nabbed mine during the CC sale for about 5 bucks, teriffic game, honestly the best 5 bucks ive ever spent.

Maybe stick Tactics Ogre in for GBA? I don't live in a place with many game stores, but I haven't seen it since I got it about 2 years ago.

WOW..... how many of these threads are going to be started???

Just go to digitpress.com, and check it out.

As it used to be free,... now you have to buy their book.
It's definitely worth it, and it supports their site.
I've been a member there for many years, and everyone there is awesome.

Enough already with these lame threads.

Not too mention your horrible pricing.

Yes, you can use that list that I compiled like it's your own. No problem, thanks for asking, good luck ;-)

[quote name='drone8888']WOW..... how many of these threads are going to be started???

Just go to digitpress.com, and check it out.

As it used to be free,... now you have to buy their book.
It's definitely worth it, and it supports their site.
I've been a member there for many years, and everyone there is awesome.

Enough already with these lame threads.

Not too mention your horrible pricing.[/QUOTE]

I think threads like this are a good idea, though maybe we should just have one and sticky it. Digitalpress is good, but they don't really have good data on this generation, yet. This is a good list of the harder to find stuff on this gen. It's also nice that the OP is including hard to find guides in the list.

Is the Panzer Dragoon Orta guide hard to find?

[quote name='erehwon']I think threads like this are a good idea, though maybe we should just have one and sticky it. Digitalpress is good, but they don't really have good data on this generation, yet. This is a good list of the harder to find stuff on this gen. It's also nice that the OP is including hard to find guides in the list.

Is the Panzer Dragoon Orta guide hard to find?[/QUOTE]

Does digitpress have prices for ANY current generation games? Last time I checked they didn't.

[quote name='neonglow']This is an informative post. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Thanks! No problem :p

(jk)

Uncommon/Rare Game Strategy Guides:

Add Skies of Arcadia guide to the list. Good luck finding ONE listing on eBay, half.com, or amazon.

Yeah,... but in the last month, I've seen 3 of these already.

The prices are not accurate, and it seems as though you are taking the average sold price from eBay to calculate.
eBay averages in all sales, new and used, and even unrelated items. It is not accurate.
A lot of the games above go for much more than your quote.
Not to mention that these games are the same ones from another thread.

If you buy the book from digitpress.com, you get current info.

If this is going to remain the current rare/low production thread,... then fine. I'm beotchy because I've seen a bunch of them, and they are far from accurate. As if the games OP owns are worth more,... and the ones he wants aren't worth as much.
Setting up a potential n00b for a loss.

Please make this a sticky, so that others don't make more threads.
That's all I'm saying.
:)

[quote name='donssword']Way of the Samurai 2 -- Capcom shipped low numbers, and most sold went to hard-core fanes -- it pops up used, but rarely.[/QUOTE]

Seriously?

There's 3 or 4 vendors at the flea market selling this for around $15, not to mention that all 7 or 8 stores in driving distance on Gamestop's store locator has it used for $30, and I've seen it a ton of EB's as well.

Used $30 is a lot for this game that came out almost a year ago.

Often shortages can be regional, YMMV. Rez was one such game that had major diffs in its regional dist -- when CC did its orig clearance sales, there were several stores around the country that had many copies of Rez long after the Central VA stores were cleared out.

Trust me when I say this game is HTF -- for most everyone it is, that is why it is still demanding strong prices on ebay -- it ain't because the game is good, because it is quite average to almost bad.

It was definitely short shipped in Central VA -- between 2 Best Buys, 3 Circuit Citys, more EBs and Gamestops than I can count -- there are only 3 used copies in my region right now, and it is selling used for $36 used in my region.

I've never even seen a copy of Rez, DDR Disney or Ninja Five-0 here on Long Island. I still remember when Firefighter FD 18 came out...it was hard to get even when Gamestop still carried it brand new.

I updated the list with input from donssword, SOStrooper, and snotnose_colossal. I also included credit to Apossum who started the original list.

drone8888 must have shares in digitpress.com....? At least this list is FREE, and provides SOME numbers. Again YMMV

[quote name='j-fever']I updated the list with input from donssword, SOStrooper, and snotnose_colossal. I also included credit to Apossum who started the original list.

drone8888 must have shares in digitpress.com....? At least this list is FREE, and provides SOME numbers. Again YMMV[/QUOTE]

Umm, the digitpress list is free as well. Just use the online rarity guide. Sure it doesn't have rarity rankings for current gen stuff, but you can't beat it for the classics.

[quote name='shipwreck']Umm, the digitpress list is free as well. Just use the online rarity guide. Sure it doesn't have rarity rankings for current gen stuff, but you can't beat it for the classics.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it is good for classic games.

Thanks J-fever!

Btw, anyone know if Puyo Pop Fever for the GCN is rare? Just saw it for the first time at a pawnshop yesterday. More importantly, is it any good?

How exactly is Castle Shikigami 2 rare?

EB has over 100 copies of it available online, not to mention walmart and whoever else you feel like ordering it from. It is quite common.

Wow! I was considering Puyo Pop Fever for the GC, too! It's only $14.99 at Wal-Mart, and some other locations. The Reviews gave it good ratings.

Man....when the word 'rare' pops up, I gotta start making trips to stores...again.

[quote name='AndrewUIS420']drone8888 is kinna bitchy[/QUOTE]

don't flame..

i love these kinds of threads.. i think one should get stickified.. that way some of us who aren't all knowing gaming gods can look at a list and see if we have some rare game by accident or somethign.. i like this idea. the prices are always fluctuating and will never reflect anything.. i'd just base a 20 dollar rule.. if it is generally above or below that price so we can get a ball park range. (or use 30 or 40)..

[quote name='mtxbass1']How exactly is Castle Shikigami 2 rare?

EB has over 100 copies of it available online, not to mention walmart and whoever else you feel like ordering it from. It is quite common.[/QUOTE]

I agree I see this title all over as well....removed.

Went to my EB just to check out what they had possibly for the upcoming sale. Two games caught my eye Wizardry ($18) and Magic Pengel ($10). Have never seen these games at stores before so I grabbed and bought both.

I just wished that Wizardry was had a third person perspective (I know that wouldn't have fit the mold, but I hate first person games)

[quote name='jngx80']Went to my EB just to check out what they had possibly for the upcoming sale. Two games caught my eye Wizardry ($18) and Magic Pengel ($10). Have never seen these games at stores before so I grabbed and bought both.

I just wished that Wizardry was had a third person perspective (I know that wouldn't have fit the mold, but I hate first person games)[/QUOTE]

if it's complete and mint, you can always toss it my way ;)

Wizardry is a tough one, as far as I can tell. Only seen it once and bought it. Pretty good game, if you ever want play an old school dungeon crawler with updated graphics.

[quote name='gizmogc']Hmm...my local EB has a Gitataroo man used for $44.99...Case and manual... Wonder if I should get it?[/QUOTE]

sure. why not? if you don't like it, you can always send it to me for free ;-)

eh, I sold several Sly Cooper guides when I still had them on eBay for about $5 each one year ago. I didn't know they sell for so much. I picked up three of em with a friend when Best Buy first had penny guides. That was my first cheapass experience ever, and I think it came from someone who posted on GameFAQS like Bluetoast, several months before CAG started in April 2003.

[quote name='gizmogc']Hmm...my local EB has a Gitataroo man used for $44.99...Case and manual... Wonder if I should get it?[/QUOTE]

don't think about it....just get it!!!

Saw another copy of Wizardry at my EB for $17.99. If anyone really wants it, interested in it I can pick it up for them. I've got an edge card so it would come out as 17.56 (tax included) + whatever shipping costs.

But beware this is a first person dungeon crawler, CD-ROM based game so it doesn't have fancy graphics. Story is told through text and still pictures. Probably only collectors would want it or if you liked old FPRPG's like Shining in the Darkness, the old MegaTen games, etc.

Blockbuster Gamerush has a price guide for games. It was $5.99, so I only flipped through it. Highlights were $145 for
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Suikoden 2
Dragon Warrior IV
games that are remeber that werent price as high as I thought were
Valkyrie Profile $38 (easily thought this would be in the 80's or higher
Thousand Arms $30s
Intelligent Cube $60 (thought this would be in $90s)

I wouldn't trust any "price guide" for games to be honest. Ebay is the ultimate price guide because it reflects a true free market environment. It's effortless to find out what a game is selling for at any given moment.

[quote name='jngx80']Saw another copy of Wizardry at my EB for $17.99. If anyone really wants it, interested in it I can pick it up for them. I've got an edge card so it would come out as 17.56 (tax included) + whatever shipping costs.

But beware this is a first person dungeon crawler, CD-ROM based game so it doesn't have fancy graphics. Story is told through text and still pictures. Probably only collectors would want it or if you liked old FPRPG's like Shining in the Darkness, the old MegaTen games, etc.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Atlus games (which I am well educated on)...

Recently I've seen sealed copies of Wizardry at my local GameStop. $29.99 each...

The local Mom/Pop shop next to my workplace has sealed copies of Duel Hearts for $29.99 as well.

Wizardry might be worth the $29.99 but I'm not sure about Dual Hearts. Though Duel Hearts has a somewhat neat premise.

On another note...WTF to NCAA 2K3 getting $49.99 in recent auctions. That's insane who would have thought a 2 year old sports game would fetch $50.

[quote name='secretvampire']I wouldn't trust any "price guide" for games to be honest. Ebay is the ultimate price guide because it reflects a true free market environment. It's effortless to find out what a game is selling for at any given moment.[/QUOTE]
Even then, eBay buyers are stupid and pay far too much for a lot of what's posted.

That said...a thread like this can't really hurt as a general guide, can it?

The list definitely has its omissions - Why isn't MvC2 listed for the PS2 as it is for the Xbox? What about It'S Mr. Pants! for the GBA? - but it's not a bad starting point.

IMO Fatal Frame 2 should be on there as well. In Central VA at least, I never see used, and ebay prices have been high for this one for a long time.

Even then, eBay buyers are stupid and pay far too much for a lot of what's posted.

Yeah, but what those stupid people are paying basically determines the true market value of a game, not what we as cheap ass gamers would be willing to pay.

That said...a thread like this can't really hurt as a general guide, can it?

The list definitely has its omissions - Why isn't MvC2 listed for the PS2 as it is for the Xbox? What about It'S Mr. Pants! for the GBA? - but it's not a bad starting point.

No no no...that's not what I meant at all, this thread is very useful. I was speaking more towards the guy who said he saw a printed price guide being sold in a store, that to me would be totally useless...it would be out of date within a week.

bread's done
Back