Battlestar Galactica Season 3 Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
remember it starts at 9pm tonight and is 2 hours for those of you that dvr it

also if anyone hasn't, check out the webisodes on scifi.com...there is 10 shows that are about 1 1/2 min long

I'm likeing the tone of the webisodes. At first after the finale last season I didn't know what to think of it. I knew it could be a decent direction they were going in. But it kinda seemed like taking them off the Galactica and the fleet would change the feel of it all. As if it would take out some of the grit and add a somewhat layer of normal everyday life to it.

I wasn't a big fan of the webisodes personally. They were too short imo, and even watching all 10 of them back to back didn't really add as much as was hyped going into it.

there is a uprising amoung the people to hurt/take out the cylons. They use cyclons killing humans as a way to recruit more people...it was a very simple story. There is an article on tvguide about how bsg writters think that current scifi has gotten away from geopolitical moments that mirror real life. They are trying to do that with this series. I understand what they are saying and the show does a great job with it, but the webisodes were weak imo.

I liked the webisodes. They weren't up to the quality of standard episodes, but I wasn't expecting them to be. After all, webisodes are a pretty new thing, and I'm sure as time goes on they'll get better and better.

As for the episodes, I fraking enjoyed them. Really the only part I felt was kinda slow was the Starbuck parts, and I'm not sure where they can go with that storyline, although the whole kid thing could be pretty intresting.

Holy jesus fucking assraping christ on a stick that was great. I have one question, though:

If the Cylons were gonna make human versions of themselves, why not make it so they don't need to breath or are otherwise unaffected by human physical weakness?

[quote name='evanft']Holy jesus fucking assraping christ on a stick that was great. I have one question, though:

If the Cylons were gonna make human versions of themselves, why not make it so they don't need to breath or are otherwise unaffected by human physical weakness?
[/QUOTE]

They want to be as human as possible.

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']
They want to be as human as possible.
[/QUOTE]

I guess that makes sense, as a human who doesn't need to breath wouldn't exactly blend well with the population.

Man, anyone else think Lucy Lawless is insanely hot?

[quote name='evanft']

Man, anyone else think Lucy Lawless is insanely hot?[/QUOTE]

I love her, she is so great.

I didn't watch the thing yet but I have it taped. I did see a part later on where they were trying to make Baltar sign the leter. Damn.

Okay, I watched the first season of Battlestar and haven't watched it again until Sci Fi ran the one-hour special last week. Watching it made me realize that I've been missing an insanely awesome show.

So I DVRed it and finally got to see this season's first show. For the most part it was pretty damn good, but I'm really not feeling the social commentary on the Iraq war.

Did anyone else notice it, too? Suicide bombings, detainee abuse, late-night house raids. Hell, they basically justified suicide bombings. It was almost as if the Cylons represented the American military as the occupiers and the people were the innocent Iraqis who just wanted to be left alone.

I don't know, I might be off my rocker and just looked too much into it, but it just seemed way too obvious to me.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Okay, I watched the first season of Battlestar and haven't watched it again until Sci Fi ran the one-hour special last week. Watching it made me realize that I've been missing an insanely awesome show.

So I DVRed it and finally got to see this season's first show. For the most part it was pretty damn good, but I'm really not feeling the social commentary on the Iraq war.

Did anyone else notice it, too? Suicide bombings, detainee abuse, late-night house raids. Hell, they basically justified suicide bombings. It was almost as if the Cylons represented the American military as the occupiers and the people were the innocent Iraqis who just wanted to be left alone.

I don't know, I might be off my rocker and just looked too much into it, but it just seemed way too obvious to me.[/QUOTE]
Well to be fair they didn't exactly portray the humans as being the most noble either. Once again Tigh is in super dick mode and the resistance cares as little for human life as the cylons. It was a little heavy-handed but in the end it added a fair balance to both sides. Much more so than in Marvel's Civil War at least.

Moore has said countless times that there is nothing he is trying to push but to draw your own conclusions about the world we live in.

the writters/producers recently talked about how the good sci fi shows back in the day had geopolitical commentary in it. They felt the modern sci fi had gotten away from it, and they wanted to go to it. They said the previous seasons were showing the weakness and faults of the humans. There will be several episodes this season that will show the faults of the cylons.

some spoilers about future episodes per

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ask-Ausiello/default.aspx

Question: I just watched the Battlestar Galactica premiere, and holy frak! I can't believe how much I missed this show! Please give us some scoop on what's coming next.— Reid
Ausiello: I honestly can't even remember. It's been, like, six weeks since I took in the first four episodes, and the only thing I recall is the illicit kiss between Roslin and ****** in Episode 4. Luckily, AA intern Scott Sode just finished watching Episodes 2 through 4 at his desk (Best. Internship. Ever.) and filed this report: "It's all about the babies on BSG. Sharon's daughter will fall into the wrong hands, and Casey will give Starbuck some killer maternal instincts. Also, the rescue mission to save the people on New Caprica will go into effect, and Apollo will get off his 'fat ass' and do something about it." OK, Scott, get back to "work."

Question: Since you are the all-knowing, all-wise one in regards to all things Battlestar Galactica, is there any truth to the rumor circulating the Web that BSG will move to NBC?— Lynn
Ausiello: None whatsoever. The show's publicist and I had a good laugh over that one.

Question: So… what's the Battlestar prattle you alluded to in last week's AA?— Caren
Ausiello: File this under frakelicious casting news: We're finally going to meet the woman who birthed Apollo. Lucinda Jenney (24, The Shield) has been cast as Commander Adama's late wife in a flashback-heavy episode airing later this season. I'm told the episode sheds light on their marriage and delves into how Bill struggled to balance family with his military career. Why don't we just call it what it is: Edward James Olmos' Emmy episode.

Am I the only one who thought the Cylon pushed Starbuck's daughter down the stairs on purpose in an attempt to get her to care about the daughter? It seemed to work too well in getting her to soften toward him.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Okay, I watched the first season of Battlestar and haven't watched it again until Sci Fi ran the one-hour special last week. Watching it made me realize that I've been missing an insanely awesome show.

I don't know, I might be off my rocker and just looked too much into it, but it just seemed way too obvious to me.[/QUOTE]

One of the things to remember on that is back during season one and two, they played off the Cylons as the same way. Suicide bombings by the cylons, extreme detainee abuse by the humans (Look at the entire Gina storyline
She's the Six copy on the Pegasus
) , etc. Now things have turned, and the humans are desperate. It makes you wonder how far we would go if things turn so horribly for us.

The show so far thing didn't even explain the first 5 episodes of season 2. There is no mension of the marshal law and the president in jail.

another great show on friday. We kinda knew the president was going to survive, as the previews for upcoming shows after the premiere had her in it.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']
Am I the only one who thought the Cylon pushed Starbuck's daughter down the stairs on purpose in an attempt to get her to care about the daughter? It seemed to work too well in getting her to soften toward him.
[/QUOTE]

I totally agree w/ you, something along those lines is bound to come around. Such a great show. Only hour I dedicate to television.

boy am i late to the party.... i watched all of season one and 2/2.5 in 8 days... just enough to catch the season 3 premiere!...totally hooked now....great show.... what's funny is that all of season 1 and 2 were on my tivo.... and i have been encoding them for the people at work who loved the series, but didn't have cable/sat tv. those truly cheap bastards!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']
[/QUOTE]
i agree 100%

do you guys think when/if (I am assuming they get off new caprica shortly) that startbuck with take her child with her?

[quote name='ryanbph']do you guys think when/if (I am assuming they get off new caprica shortly) that startbuck with take her child with her?[/QUOTE]

The name of the episode is EXODUS, PART 1, I think it's safe to say they get off the planet in EXODUS, PART 2.

Four episodes is really not enough time on New Caprica through. They stayed on Kapol for 4-5 episodes and that was a much easier mission.

i agree with you, it would be nice to see more cylon occupation/tortue/suicide bombings. Develop more of the storylines ie starbuck and her kid and the father of her kid, gatta and working with baltar/helping the resistance, tigh/his wife and the cylon she is fucking

With the last episode I'm beginning to wonder if the child that they've presented to Starbuck as her hybrid is really a hybrid at all, or even her child for that matter. If it really is a hybrid then why are the "skin jobs" (number 3/Lucy Lawless especially) making such a big deal about Sharon's baby? Why would they care about that hybrid if they've already created their own? I think the cylons just picked a regular human kid, took her from her parents, and then told Starbuck that it was hers.

They want the baby because she was born out of love between a human and a Cylon.

But still her kid can't me more than 1.5 maybe two years old and it's that big and the baby is still a baby? Doesn't make much sense.

And there won't be any more webisodes because Moore is pissed off at NBC and NBC is sueing or something dumb.

There was some kind of contract disput over how much people were getting paid for the webisodes, so we might not be getting anymore in the future.

NBC said it was a "promotional" thing. That pissed Moore off because he had to write it, you don't write commericals or what NBC calls "promotians". So NBC went to the fucknig useless piece of shit writers union, in which most good writers seem to hate, and are fighting over who owns it and how much is what. Huge mess.

that sucks...

in other news, the premiere episode was down numbers wise from the premiere of season 2. It was better then season 2.5 premiere though. The dvds are selling well though.

The premier was down from last season, but it was the highest rated show on cable the night it aired, and I guess they can't ask for much more then that.

upcoming show possible spoilers per tvguide.com

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ask-Ausiello/default.aspx

Question: Please tell us if the person that Roslin kisses in Episode 4 of Battlestar Galactica is Tom Zarek. The chemistry between the two of them was hot in the first two episodes. I'd love to see where that goes!— Selat
Ausiello: It's not Tom. And remember: This is not what I would call a traditional kiss.

Question: It's Apollo isn't it? She's going to kiss Lee. She's already had one with daddy, now it's time for the son. Am I right?— Josh L
Ausiello: I'll repeat a clue from an earlier AA: Roslin's partner in puckering attended TV Guide's Emmy After Party. And that's the last I'll say on the subject

Question: You mentioned that an upcoming episode of Battlestar Galactica was "Edward James Olmos' Emmy Episode." Please tell me there is an Emmy Episode this season for the best actress on TV, Mary McDonnell.— Alex
Ausiello: Can't say for certain about Mary, but Katee Sackhoff will definitely get a chance to shine later this season when she confronts the demon that was her mother via flashback. Wait until you find out what this woman did to our poor Starbuck. You'll be glad the bitch is dead.

I'll be glad when the bitch is dead and by bitch I mean Starbuck.

I can guess who she kisses...

I think he might just be a little evil.

[quote name='ryanbph']that sucks...

in other news, the premiere episode was down numbers wise from the premiere of season 2. It was better then season 2.5 premiere though. The dvds are selling well though.[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of that might have to do with the shithole timeslot its stuck in. Yes, I do realize that it was in the same timeslot during season 2 (well 8 now instead of 9 but still friday night is a TV wasteland) I'm speaking about how the DVDs are selling so well despite the low ratings.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I think a lot of that might have to do with the shithole timeslot its stuck in. Yes, I do realize that it was in the same timeslot during season 2 (well 8 now instead of 9 but still friday night is a TV wasteland) I'm speaking about how the DVDs are selling so well despite the low ratings.[/quote]
It might also be because they split up Sci-Fi Friday. From what I understand the Stargates ratings were also down.

What a fraking great episode. Seeing Adama jump into the atmosphere of New Caprica was amazing, and I'll miss the Pegasus but it did go out in the best way possible (am I correct in that it took 3 basestars with it?)
I feel sorry for Kara.

[quote name='Kaijufan']What a fraking great episode. Seeing Adama jump into the atmosphere of New Caprica was amazing, and I'll miss the Pegasus but it did go out in the best way possible (am I correct in that it took 3 basestars with it?)
I feel sorry for Kara.[/quote]

I'll have to rewatch that scene. I thought it took out two. And if there's anyone I really feel sorry for (not that I don't for Kara), it was Saul. Him just walking off slowly at the end was so sad.

Didn't it take out one at the beginning of the battle before they knew it was there, one by ramming into it, and one with the flight pod?

[quote name='Kaijufan']Didn't it take out one at the beginning of the battle before they knew it was there, one by ramming into it, and one with the flight pod?[/QUOTE]
Thats what I thought, but it wasn't clear if the first one was destroyed or if it just took a big hit. Its also kind of ambiguous for the 3rd, only the 2nd is clearly destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back