Battlestar Galactica Season 3 Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dafoomie']Thats what I thought, but it wasn't clear if the first one was destroyed or if it just took a big hit. Its also kind of ambiguous for the 3rd, only the 2nd is clearly destroyed.[/quote] During the season 2.5 episode where Pegasus is fighting several basestars by itself we see that it's forward guns are really powerful and they were almost able to destroy a basestar, but started firing on another after the first started retreating, so I'm pretty sure they were able to destroy the first one.
As for the third, seeing how huge the Pegasus is I have to believe that even if the flight pod didn't destroy the basestar (and I believe it did), it did so much damage that the basestar isn't worth repairing.

Yeah, I just wasn't counting that one. I thought we were just straight up talking about basestars that it took out as it was killed. If you conisder that one, yeah, it's three.

Son of a bitch, I am out of town and they have a great fraking episode. I hope my dvr didn't fuck up so I can watch it on Monday. From what I have read in the few posts about it, it appears they paid some hommage to the original series. Wasn't there a battlestar, I believe called pegasus, that apparently sacrificed itself and took on 2 or 3 basestars. We never really knew if the pegasus went down, but it was assumed in the short lived series.

[quote name='ryanbph']Son of a bitch, I am out of town and they have a great fraking episode. I hope my dvr didn't fuck up so I can watch it on Monday. From what I have read in the few posts about it, it appears they paid some hommage to the original series. Wasn't there a battlestar, I believe called pegasus, that apparently sacrificed itself and took on 2 or 3 basestars. We never really knew if the pegasus went down, but it was assumed in the short lived series.[/QUOTE]
In the original series, Galactica assumes Pegasus was destroyed while they were taking on two basestars, Pegasus fired their missiles, and they don't see the aftermath of the explosion before they had to retreat. They were going to have Pegasus come back in the 2nd season, but the show was cancelled.

I can upload the scene to Youtube if you'd like.

[quote name='ryanbph']Son of a bitch, I am out of town and they have a great fraking episode. I hope my dvr didn't fuck up so I can watch it on Monday.[/QUOTE]

They showed the episode at 9pm, 10pm, 1am, Monday at 11pm, numberous times throughout the week. If you missed it last night they will literally show it 10 times before next week.

I do love how they didn't show Threshold at 10. The ratings were that bad? :lol:

I loved the episode - great action. I can't wait for next week's episode, Gaida is my man.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwF67bhdXfk[/MEDIA]
Someone put up the Pegasus suicide run on Youtube and I'm 100% sure the flight pod destroyed the third basestar since the flight pod looks to be almost as big as the basestar.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaK6ovgbtgk[/media]

Oh, and how come Baltar has a British accent, but no one else does?

EDIT: Gag reels!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VAVXqHT8e8[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7sjRif79w4[/media]

[quote name='Michaellvortega']So when the frak is someone going to make a Battlestar galactica, Battlefield 2142 mod?[/quote]
there are a couple of battlestar game mods available, i don't think there is a battlefield one though. I don't play pc games, so I usually don't pay attention to it, but on the galatica actual podcast, he has mentioned a couple of battlestar pc mods.

and thanks for telling me about the repeats, I did dvr it. I am at my brothers house and he goes to bed very early, and the only tv he has is in his bedroom. I am a night owl, so i was sort of pissed about missing a great episode, and the friday night repeats even though i was up and doing nothing.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']With the last episode I'm beginning to wonder if the child that they've presented to Starbuck as her hybrid is really a hybrid at all, or even her child for that matter. If it really is a hybrid then why are the "skin jobs" (number 3/Lucy Lawless especially) making such a big deal about Sharon's baby? Why would they care about that hybrid if they've already created their own? I think the cylons just picked a regular human kid, took her from her parents, and then told Starbuck that it was hers.[/QUOTE]

I finally got around to watching the 10 pm monday replay (I was too busy on Friday to catch it) and what can I say? Can I call it or can I call it?

That Galactica freefall was freakin amazing.

This show continues to amaze me with it's originality. I mean honestly, who would have though that was the plan?

I really can't say enough good things about this series and it never fails to disappoint (Lost on the other hand...).

Well honestly there was several loop holes with the plot. The main one is the fact that the shipyard wasn't more gaurded, and was really close to the city. The Culons should have guarded it better. Plus there were at least 6 basestars in the finale, but there were only 4 above the planet. Where did the other 2 go?

[quote name='David85']Well honestly there was several loop holes with the plot. The main one is the fact that the shipyard wasn't more gaurded, and was really close to the city. The Culons should have guarded it better. Plus there were at least 6 basestars in the finale, but there were only 4 above the planet. Where did the other 2 go?[/QUOTE]

Why would the cylons need 6 battlestars to cover the planet if there really was no resistance left. I doubt they thought the Adama's where that stupid/suicidal to come back. If they showed how this and how that happened the show would be a mini series in it's own.

Can someone bring me up to speed, the last episode I saw was the last one of the first half of season 2, I never caught the remaining season 2 when they aired those and I was totally clueless about season 3 starting a few weeks ago. Thanks

Finally got to watch it, great fraking episode. I didn't think tigh would do the deed to his wife. I figured he would have given her misinformation, that pissed off the cylons.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']
That Galactica freefall was freakin amazing.
[/QUOTE]

greatest sneak attack ever.... who would have thought to jump within a planet's atmosphere , launch fighters as your hull is burning up from the fall, and jump out....

i dub it... "The Adama Attack!"

[quote name='battleroyal33']Can someone bring me up to speed, the last episode I saw was the last one of the first half of season 2, I never caught the remaining season 2 when they aired those and I was totally clueless about season 3 starting a few weeks ago. Thanks[/QUOTE]

no.
You missed like a whole season of shows. Many of them were terrible, but you can go buy or rent the DVDs and watch them for yourself.

[quote name='David85']Well honestly there was several loop holes with the plot. The main one is the fact that the shipyard wasn't more gaurded, and was really close to the city. The Culons should have guarded it better. Plus there were at least 6 basestars in the finale, but there were only 4 above the planet. Where did the other 2 go?[/quote]
I think the ships were somewhat spread out all over the city, since I doubt they were moved after the colonials landed.
As for the Cylon basestars, I would guess that they were off looking for the human fleet. Remember that at the begining of the battle only 2 basestars were above New Caprica, when the other 2 jumped in Adama said something about how they couldn't hold off 4 basestars.

[quote name='ashram']greatest sneak attack ever.... who would have thought to jump within a planet's atmosphere , launch fighters as your hull is burning up from the fall, and jump out....

i dub it... "The Adama Attack!"[/quote]
I think we have to call it the Adama maneuver. If Picard can have a maneuver why not Adama?

The ships were in the shipyard. Did you even watch the episode? BSG jumped right above it to launch the Vipers. The Vipers shot down the Cylons that were in the shipyard, all three of them. There were a very other ships around the city, like the president's, but most seemed to be in the shipyard.

[quote name='tangytangerine']My question is WTF happens to Baltar now? Seems like he no longer president and might help lead the cylons.[/QUOTE]

Baltar will be on a Basestar for several episodes now, he will truely entering the dark side. Roslin becomes President again after everyone sees she was right all along.

[quote name='David85']
Baltar will be on a Basestar for several episodes now, he will truely entering the dark side. Roslin becomes President again after everyone sees she was right all along.
[/quote]

Yeah, I had a feeling that's what was going to happen. I kinda knew that they go with what happened in the old series and have Baltar teaming with the cylons.

[quote name='David85']The ships were in the shipyard. Did you even watch the episode? BSG jumped right above it to launch the Vipers. The Vipers shot down the Cylons that were in the shipyard, all three of them. There were a very other ships around the city, like the president's, but most seemed to be in the shipyard.[/quote]
I think I was too engrossed by the action scenes to see the ships around them. It was a pretty intense episode.

new episode on tonight...I wonder if jammer and gatta make it thru the episode alive? Based off of the previews, it appears that both of them have a meeting with some bitter former occupants.

Of course once I saw that the chief was in the jury I knew Gaeta would live, but it was a pretty good episode. It was nice to see some new CGI shots of a damaged Galactica instead of old undamanged shots like they used at the end of the last episode. Plus, it cool to see the cylons now guard their resurrection ship with 5 basestars after what happened to the first one. ;)
I hope we see more of the cylon ship Baltar is on in future episodes.

solid episode. After the heavy action sequences last week it was back to normal this week. Well written show once again. I wonder how much longer starbuck will spin out of control untill she crashes/blows up. Loved adama telling lee to keep jumping.

Wow! You are so good! Considering they are only showing about 2-3 repeats during the season it's safe to say the episode would be new. :p

There was no talk about last weeks episode, just a friendly reminder the show is on, and the thread is here. Also, I don't rember them ever showing repeats during the season.

Wll in years past they would show 10 episodes without repeats and then do 3 months break. This season is all 20 episodes in a row except around Christmas.

[quote name='David85']Next week's episode looks interesting. I wonder what Adama was keeping secret.[/QUOTE]

He's Luke Skywalker's father.

I wonder if Adama knew what Helo was doing, since Helo should have been in the CIC when the Cylons attacked. After all, he pretty much approved of what happened, since like Laura said, they really only had two suspects, and one of them was on a Raptor at the time.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I wonder if Adama knew what Helo was doing, since Helo should have been in the CIC when the Cylons attacked. After all, he pretty much approved of what happened, since like Laura said, they really only had two suspects, and one of them was on a Raptor at the time.[/quote]

I didn't see the preview, (fucking DVR). After reading the show desciption, and remebering what I read previously about this season, I don't think that is the case

FUTURE EPISODE SPOILER

according to tvguide in the middle of the summer, we will learn of something adama prior to the attack. It was hushed up, as it paints him in a bad light

[quote name='SpeedyG']I'm still wondering what they're going to do with Tigh.[/quote]

FUTURE EPISODE SPOILER

somone, I don't know who, will be stripped of there rank on the battlestar. Maybe it will be tigh, maybe helio, or maybe it will be someone else...IIRC from the tvguide article, they will be stripped of there rank in front of the crew

I don't know why heilo was being a baby about infecting the Resurrection ship. The Cylons are trying to kill you and don't want to wipe them out? Donald Trump should fire heilo.

[quote name='ryanbph']FUTURE EPISODE SPOILER

somone, I don't know who, will be stripped of there rank on the battlestar. Maybe it will be tigh, maybe helio, or maybe it will be someone else...IIRC from the tvguide article, they will be stripped of there rank in front of the crew
[/QUOTE]

It will obviously be the Cylon.

And Helo is a baby, it's not like they are gonig to kill his wife. Plus I like how someone planned their version of the episode.

They do go through with the attack and the ship is infested but then the Cylons deside to blow up their own ship to save their race.

[quote name='topnotch97']i'm jealous with Helo. he has a hawt cylon who would zip his fly down and pull down his pants for him. LOL[/QUOTE]

She was trying to download his wang and he turned her down.

I thought this week's sucked. They seem to be getting worse and worse since leaving the planet.

Only a few more weeks through until the "mid season finale". Sadly no episode thsi week because of dumb Sci-fi movies. Of course the next episode looks HORRID!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back