Battlestar Galactica Season 3 Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought a 1.4 was .3 lower than normal. It's a very bad rating.

Red vs Blue, the Baltar thing might or might not be real. zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz

And it's cheaper to fight on the ground in a whole than make up some CGI.

Season 2.5 was complete trash, but the first few episodes were amazing. I wish they did a movie on the occupation between seasons 2 and 3 instead of those mini webisodes.

Ratings this season so far thanks to chrisspringob on TrekBBS:
3x1/2 1.8
3x3 1.6
3x4 1.5
3x5 1.4
3x6 1.5
3x7 1.5
3x8 1.3
3x9 1.3
3x10 1.3
3x11 1.4
3x12 1.4

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You really think they care what all 5 of those people think?[/QUOTE]
I am one of those 5 people. I don't care what this show does compared to the other show, because they're two completely different shows. I liked the old one, and I like this one. (This one is about a million times better though, but the original had some solid ideas and set the stage)

I think Starbuck being a Cylon isn't a good idea, but for other reasons. Trying to do crazy things with the show just to be crazy is a sign of a sinking ship. Season 4 is already a go, so that doesn't matter.

SciFi isn't doing enough for this show. The writers just need to worry about making a good product, instead of trying to create some sizzle to grab ratings. Let the suits handle that. Both of their timeslots sucked, and they don't have a good lead in anymore with Stargate being done.

They need to stop with the Starbuck/Apollo/Dee shit. Its just not that interesting.

[quote name='dafoomie'] Season 4 is already a go, so that doesn't matter.[/QUOTE]

Ummm... no it's not, so it matters greatly.

Try to find the press release of the Sci-fi Channel coming out saying there will be a forth season.

The actors on the show are begging people to watch Sunday night, the creators of the show have said "We will not answer any questions about a season 4 when it's not even a go".

There have been a lot of rumours that it would get a forth season, one even said it would be offical before the mid season primere. All those rumours are false and Moore and Company have not gotten the word of a season 4.

yes it hasn't been confirmed...but the sci fi press junket said that it looks good but no announcement would be made untill febuary. Also they are done shooting the season, and according to 6, it is a cliffhanger and they are expecting to come back. It isn't negative that it hasn't been renewed yet, as most show aren't renewed this early. The tvguide podcast was shocked that the 4 shows on nbc (i think) had already been renewed. At sci fi's press junket they said decisions would be made in febuary.

The four shows on NBC are Heros and LaO, they are the "baseplate" of the NBC network.

And until Sci-fi comes out and goes "We are giving the check to Mr. Moore to make season 4" I will not believe it. And of course it ends in a cliffhanger. Odyssey 5 on Showtime was getting amazing ratings and they thought they would be back too, but it was canceled never to continue again. :(

[quote name='David85']The four shows on NBC are Heros and LaO, they are the "baseplate" of the NBC network.

And until Sci-fi comes out and goes "We are giving the check to Mr. Moore to make season 4" I will not believe it. And of course it ends in a cliffhanger. Odyssey 5 on Showtime was getting amazing ratings and they thought they would be back too, but it was canceled never to continue again. :([/quote]

yes they are the baseplate, but that doesn't change the fact that most shows aren't renewed this early.

I am confident they will bring it back, as the sci fi channel seem to be going towards original content. While the numbers of the show have been bad this season, they still sell a shit load of dvds, and I would imagine in the end it is a fairly profitable show for them. We can continue this come the end of febuary after they announced a season 4 :lol: :lol:

I was reading an article through digg where the shows creators said they weren't sure if the show was going to be renewed and they wouldn't know until March. But the way the ratings are looking it seems doubtful. Oh well ... hopefully SciFi allows them to make a straight to dvd movie or something to finish off the show.

But the shows NBC said were coming back were kind of a "duh" and the president just let it slip in an interview. It's like saying "Well it most be Lost, House, and DH last seasons because they didn't annouce", some shows you just know, BSG isn't that likely.

And Sci-fi has to come out and say it before Febuary 18th because some contracts end.

damn, I just can't believe that they think they have something better that they can air. Not that they don't have improved programming, but clearly Battlestar is the best show they have.

[quote name='nevposey']damn, I just can't believe that they think they have something better that they can air. Not that they don't have improved programming, but clearly Battlestar is the best show they have.[/QUOTE]
well i would imagine it comes to down to how much they make on battlestar compared to what they perceive they can make on another show. Battlestar, I would imagine has a high production value. The numbers are down, so there ad revenue is going to go down. They do sell a ton of dvds, so like I said earlier, I would imagine they make decent money on the show. But if they could cut the expenses of battlestar in 1/2 by going to another new show, and loose roughly 10% in ad revenue, and another 20% of dvd sales, they will still be making more then they would on bsg

[quote name='David85']
And Sci-fi has to come out and say it before Febuary 18th because some contracts end.[/quote]

maybe that is the reason there is so much speculation on
starbuck

Direct TV is giving sci-fi money so they can show BSG or something on demand. I didn't understand the whole thing.

Yeah it seems that sveral peoples contracts are up, the Chief said that in an interview, so Sci-fi has until then to do something.

[quote name='David85']Direct TV is giving sci-fi money so they can show BSG or something on demand. I didn't understand the whole thing.
[/quote]

they should release all the previous seasons on xbox marketplace in HD. Allegedly the stuff on the marketplace is doing well, so that is another revenue stream that they could tap into. They already appear to have the shows in an hd format, as the univeral channel broadcasts older bsg episodes in HD on a weekly basis.

If it doesn't get picked up the NBC/Universal people can fire the Sch-fi president and put in a new one. They do own the network and the show and everything. :)

[quote name='David85']Ummm... no it's not, so it matters greatly.

Try to find the press release of the Sci-fi Channel coming out saying there will be a forth season.

The actors on the show are begging people to watch Sunday night, the creators of the show have said "We will not answer any questions about a season 4 when it's not even a go".

There have been a lot of rumours that it would get a forth season, one even said it would be offical before the mid season primere. All those rumours are false and Moore and Company have not gotten the word of a season 4.[/QUOTE]
Its a formality. It will be picked up at the deadline.
Here's how it works in TV. A lot of people have said to me that it appears to be some indecision as to whether Battlestar Galactica comes back or not. Absolutely not. The way it works is you have a pick up date by which you have to make a decision about picking up shows for the next season, and you don't need to make the decision until that date so we don't make the decision until that date. Do I think Battlestar will come back? I'm pretty much certain Battlestar will come back.
http://www.ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=1850

Considering they went up against the AFC Championship, pulling down a 1.4 is pretty good. It also did better than anything else they ran on Sunday nights for a few years.

They already picked up Stargate Atlantis and that was months and months ago, they did that only after a few episodes.

My guess is that Battlestar will be back for at least another season, as long as the ratings don't get any lower. It might be a shorter season (13 episodes), but after this season they will have 53 episodes (57 if you break the mini into 4 episodes), which is a low number for network syndication, which I'm sure will make Sci-Fi a ton of money in years to come.
As long as the show is breaking even or only loosing a very small amount of money I bet they will keep it on the air. After all, they do have some current revenue streams like toys, DVDs, Itunes episodes, etc. Plus, all the critical acclaim the show gets, and publicity for both the show and the network can't be hurting anything.
[quote name='ryanbph']they should release all the previous seasons on xbox marketplace in HD. Allegedly the stuff on the marketplace is doing well, so that is another revenue stream that they could tap into. They already appear to have the shows in an hd format, as the univeral channel broadcasts older bsg episodes in HD on a weekly basis.[/quote] I bet the reason they haven't yet is because they are going to release the show on HD DVD.

[quote name='David85']They already picked up Stargate Atlantis and that was months and months ago, they did that only after a few episodes.[/QUOTE]
PR, Stargate SG-1 was just cancelled.

Atlantis is only averaging a 1.4 itself.

Stargate SG-1 was on TV 10 years. TV shows tend to get more expensive as time goes on, so the cancellation was no surprise to me. I knew they couldn't keep the show going forever. Plus, it's not owned by Sci-Fi so they don't make money on the extra stuff like DVDs and other merchandise.

Personally I think Sci-Fi's greatest mistake was splitting up Sci-Fi Friday. They had a good thing going, and they really screwed all three shows by splitting them up. I'm not a huge Stargate fan but I would occasionally watch episodes of it on Sci-Fi Friday while waiting for BSG. I don't watch Stargate now that they aren't on the same night as BSG.

[quote name='dafoomie']PR, Stargate SG-1 was just cancelled.

Atlantis is only averaging a 1.4 itself.[/QUOTE]

Stargate was JUST canceled like 4-5 months ago. How is that a just?

And I think Atlantis has a 1.5 rating. :p But Atlantis is cheaper to make than BSG.

[quote name='David85']Stargate was JUST canceled like 4-5 months ago. How is that a just?

And I think Atlantis has a 1.5 rating. :p But Atlantis is cheaper to make than BSG.[/QUOTE]
And Atlantis was renewed about 4-5 months ago, SG-1 was just cancelled when they announced Atlantis was picked up for another year. I believe they were announced simultaneously.

Hopefully it won't cost the $400 the first season of Lost is going to cost. Or is Lost on BluRay...

Brokeback Mountain on HD DVD?! Now I can see an HD version of the guys' asses and then fall asleep!

[quote name='ryanbph']that is great about it coming on hd dvd...I just hope that it is resonably price at $50 or so.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Why would it only be $50 when the normal price of the normal DVD is $50? I think it will be at least $100.

well most dvds are around $20 (after the release week sale) and they usually sell hd dvd for around $30...so maybe $60 or $75...I like battlestar, but there is no way in hell i am paying a $100 for it again.

It's $30 for a HD DVD MOVIE! The show will at least be $100.

More so because season two was broken up and to get the whole season on Regular DVD is at least $30 to $70.

If Lost is going to be $200 for HALF season then BSG will probably be $100+.

I hope last nights episode was the end of the Kara Lee love thing.
Other then that the Baltar scenes were great, and the bonus scene was very funny.

If the show doesn't get picked up I'm blaming it on the Lee, Dee, Anders, Starbuck love rectangle / squere.

[quote name='David85']If the show doesn't get picked up I'm blaming it on the Lee, Dee, Anders, Starbuck love rectangle / squere.[/QUOTE]

QFT

They need to end that ASAP.

Everything that wasn't the love triangle was good stuff. The Lee/Starbuck shit is worse than commercials. Maybe Anders can go hang himself, and Dee can disappear into supporting cast hell.

[quote name='dafoomie']Everything that wasn't the love triangle was good stuff. The Lee/Starbuck shit is worse than commercials. Maybe Anders can go hang himself, and Dee can disappear into supporting cast hell.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe Starbuck will drop dead, followed by Dee, and Lee.

Did anyone else watch Veronica Mars tonight? They had a ton of Battlestar Galactica references in it tonight.
Veronica was hired by a guy to find a girl who he met at Comic-con during a Battlestar Galactica panel.
One of the things they were talking about was how a Cylon Raider looks like the Batmobile, but I don't see it when I look at a Raider.

For the week ending Jan. 28, Sci Fi's Battlestar Galactica and The Dresden Files saw ratings bumps in their second weeks on Sunday night (Jan. 28). Dresden averaged 1.89 million viewers (up from 1.73 million for its series premiere) and Battlestar averaged 2.05 million (up from 1.8 million last week). The shows' Jan. 21 premiere numbers may have been diluted by competition from the AFC Championship game on CBS, which drew nearly 50 million that night.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6411697.html

It's a good thing they aren't airing a new episode this week.
Of course, that means I have to wait two weeks to finally see Zarak again. It's been too long.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Did anyone else watch Veronica Mars tonight? They had a ton of Battlestar Galactica references in it tonight.
Veronica was hired by a guy to find a girl who he met at Comic-con during a Battlestar Galactica panel.
One of the things they were talking about was how a Cylon Raider looks like the Batmobile, but I don't see it when I look at a Raider.[/QUOTE]

The Season 3 premiere had Veronica introduced to the use of the word "frak." Needless to say, hilarity ensued.

[quote name='David85']For the week ending Jan. 28, Sci Fi's Battlestar Galactica and The Dresden Files saw ratings bumps in their second weeks on Sunday night (Jan. 28). Dresden averaged 1.89 million viewers (up from 1.73 million for its series premiere) and Battlestar averaged 2.05 million (up from 1.8 million last week). The shows' Jan. 21 premiere numbers may have been diluted by competition from the AFC Championship game on CBS, which drew nearly 50 million that night.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6411697.html[/QUOTE]
Thats a 1.7/1.8 rating, much better.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']The Season 3 premiere had Veronica introduced to the use of the word "frak." Needless to say, hilarity ensued.[/quote]
Yeah Frak is the swear word of the future.
Sadly Veronica didn't use it in the last episode.

I watched a show last week where one of the main characters had a BSG hoodie on ...

as for the storyline lately, IMO it would have been ok as the 2nd or 3rd story going on in a show for 2 - 3 episodes. It has been a dominant story for several episodes now and there really wasn't much closure in the last episode. You still had starbuck and apollo making eye contact with each other.

Anyone else a little disappointed by the lack of Baltar trial. It's like the guys making the ads took every single thing about the trial from this episode and put it in the 30 second spot. :roll:
Still, I did enjoy seeing Helo and Sharon together as a family. The medical storyline was a little predictable though.

I hate how hard it is to find the topic you want in the search. I couldn't find this with Battlestar or Battlestar Galactica while searching the OT fourm, I had to search for myself in the OT fourm. :wall:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back