Goozex CAG Coupon Extended & Support Continued Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goozex

Official Representative
Hi Everyone,

To those who are new to the Goozex/CAG experience, welcome. My name is Mark and I do the posts on behalf of Goozex. About 3 months ago we posted our first coupon and we have extended the coupon for new CAGs who want to try out Goozex and trade their video games on all consoles, portables and now the PC! In one sentence, Goozex connects people across the country to let them trade their games for points and use those points to get other games for just $1. Here are the coupon details:

Code: CAG-1236-78
Deadline: December 31, 2006
Trade Credits: 3 (1 at signup + 2 after 1st trade)

To everyone else, I'll continue Goozex support on this thread. I don't know if anybody noticed but we almost have 1,800 unique titles available on Goozex now! To me that's awesome and a major thanks goes out to everyone on CAG. Keep the posts coming and remember to Refer you friends to get those free trade credits.

Last and definitely not least, a big thanks to CheapyD who approved this post!

Happy trading!

www.goozex.com
Previous CAG thread

[quote name='OuTrAgE']Just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed your site so far. Much better than some of the others IMO.[/quote]

Ditto on that, I love the site and it's the only game trading site I use now. They have great customer service and are very fair with the rules. I absolutely recommend the site.

Awesome site. The worst thing ever happened yesterday. I was matched for Power Stone 2 but I didnt have enough points for it because I was matched with someone for another game (who eventually dropped out of it).

[quote name='Oberman']Ah that sucks whoknows. I think adding PC trading to the site gave it a major boost.[/quote]

We had over 500 unique PC titles added in one day! You all should be getting an email about adding PC Games soon....its short and nothing fancy -- just spreading the news.

Wow...it's stunning to see how many PC titles have been listed since yesterday. I'm glad to see it looks like Goozex is going to have some legs for awhile. I've been nothing but pleased with the service since I started with it in July.

Yes, the sudden influx of PC games was very impressive, but it brought up one issue: it would be nice if you could customize the "available now" view so that certain types of games are excluded. As it is now, you can view all of the games that are available now, and you can view the available games for one particular platform, but you can't only view the platforms that you own.

I don't have much interest in PC games (I do have a gaming PC, but it's only used for a few select titles like WoW) and I don't really want any PS1 or dreamcast titles either. So I'd like a view that excluded those titles. Is that a possibility for the future? Maybe as a part of an "advanced search" that would also allow you to search by point value? That would be great.

[quote name='icruise']Yes, the sudden influx of PC games was very impressive, but it brought up one issue: it would be nice if you could customize the "available now" view so that certain types of games are excluded. As it is now, you can view all of the games that are available now, and you can view the available games for one particular platform, but you can't only view the platforms that you own.

I don't have much interest in PC games (I do have a gaming PC, but it's only used for a few select titles like WoW) and I don't really want any PS1 or dreamcast titles either. So I'd like a view that excluded those titles. Is that a possibility for the future? Maybe as a part of an "advanced search" that would also allow you to search by point value? That would be great.[/quote]

We've had advance search features in the queue for little bit. Some users like Rictor and others had some great suggestions to improve our searchs and filter the information to what suits you best. Right now we're upgrading a few important internal mechanics.

I have a suggestion for the site, not sure if it's been suggested before but a "favorite game" feature would be welcome. For when the system does matches and if two come up and you are limited in how many you can get, IE:Limit of active requests, Trade Points, etc your favorite game will have preference.

Well, it finally happened. I went to add some more games to my Goozex available list and I couldn't because my list was full. So there's 20 games I have that no one else on the site is offering but I can't add to my list right now. Kinda sucks. I didn't even realize there was a cap on available games since it took me this long to reach it. I hit the cap on wanted games a couple days after signing up for the site. Both are set to 100 games.

[quote name='icruise']Yes, the sudden influx of PC games was very impressive, but it brought up one issue: it would be nice if you could customize the "available now" view so that certain types of games are excluded. As it is now, you can view all of the games that are available now, and you can view the available games for one particular platform, but you can't only view the platforms that you own.

I don't have much interest in PC games (I do have a gaming PC, but it's only used for a few select titles like WoW) and I don't really want any PS1 or dreamcast titles either. So I'd like a view that excluded those titles. Is that a possibility for the future? Maybe as a part of an "advanced search" that would also allow you to search by point value? That would be great.[/quote]

If you click on "Available Now" then click on the icon for "Playstation" or the platform of your choice, it will only show the available games for that platform. I started doing this recently because just hitting "Available Now" returns pages and pages of PC games now, which I have no interest in.

[quote name='erock']Wow...it's stunning to see how many PC titles have been listed since yesterday. I'm glad to see it looks like Goozex is going to have some legs for awhile. I've been nothing but pleased with the service since I started with it in July.[/quote]

It doesn't really surprise me that so many PC title are being added...there's really nowhere else you can trade them. EB Games/Gamestop and other used video game chains no longer take PC games in trade or sell used PC games. When garage sale season starts up again, I may actually start picking up all those PC games I see at garage sale for 10-25 cents each that I usually pass by in favor of cheap platform games. I never had a reason to grab them before, but it might be worth it if I can trade them on Goozex.

I finally signed up for the service. It took me a bit to understand how this works....but I still have to lingering questions. 1)How do we know whether or not the game is a PH, PC, or GH version? I do not ever want to trade for those variations of the games, except for circumstances such as VF4:E and DMC 3:DA. Please advise. 2)There is no distinction made between a game that is in playable, tradeable condition and one that is in Mint condition. I don't want to receive EB like game-condition garbage. Again please advise and clarify this for me.

Edit: one final question, does the disc and manual option include cover art? while not including the physical case?

[quote name='Rictor']If you click on "Available Now" then click on the icon for "Playstation" or the platform of your choice, it will only show the available games for that platform. I started doing this recently because just hitting "Available Now" returns pages and pages of PC games now, which I have no interest in.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, I mentioned that this was possible. But as it is, I have to go down and manually check Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, DS, PSP, and GBA separately. What I'd like to do is be able to make a custom view that include all of these and nothing else.

[quote name='lurknomore']1)How do we know whether or not the game is a PH, PC, or GH version? I do not ever want to trade for those variations of the games, except for circumstances such as VF4:E and DMC 3:DA. Please advise. [/quote]
At present, the system doesn't seem to distinguish between the normal editions and the "player's choice" type editions, although there are a few Xbox "Platinum hits" listed, it's far from complete. If you're the kind of person who cares about which edition you get, you had better not request any games that have other editions, since there's no way to know which you would get.

2)There is no distinction made between a game that is in playable, tradeable condition and one that is in Mint condition. I don't want to receive EB like game-condition garbage. Again please advise and clarify this for me.
If you're very concerned about the condition of your games, Goozex is probably not for you. You're only guaranteed to get a working game, not one that's in mint condition.

Edit: one final question, does the disc and manual option include cover art? while not including the physical case?
Disc and manual includes the disc and manual. Nothing else. Sometimes people might throw in something else just to be nice, but they don't have to.

when i got something from goozex, all i got was the game. but that's alright because it pretty much was free.

Thanks icruise for answering my question. I guess that I will tread carefully in my dealing with Goozex. I do see the value of it, but I will remain hesitant from keeping my entire trading library on it.

[quote name='lurknomore']Thanks icruise for answering my question. I guess that I will tread carefully in my dealing with Goozex. I do see the value of it, but I will remain hesitant from keeping my entire trading library on it.[/quote]

Hi lurknomore,

Thanks for joining and don't feel pressured to trade your whole library. If you used the CAG coupon code you can basically get a free game after you send out one game. If you ask around I think you'll find some CAGers who have done a lot trades like Rictor. Make sure the only games you place in your library are the ones you're willing to trade, b/c you'll start getting requests if they are in high demand.

What you might want to try is putting up one game that is in demand, send it out, get your bonus points and credits, and then see what you can get with it.

icruise -- thanks a lot for responding to the questions...the best thing about Goozex for me is that we have been growing a proactive and supportive member base.

I am excited about PC games being included - shipped Railroad Tycoon 2 today to someone in TX and I am matched to (hopefully) receive Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne. Hadn't played RT2 in several years and have been meaning to pick up WC3:FT on the cheap... Goozex will allow me to get it for $3.27 ($1.59 to ship RT2, $0.68 for padded envelope, $1 for WC3:FT trade credit)

Can't wait to build up more points.

What's the most offered PC game? It looks like a lot of F.E.A.R.s have been listed and when I added Call of Duty 1 to my Library list it said 15 turns. COD got to be the most common so far.

EDIT - bummer - WC3:FT fell through. Not sure why. But now I'm back to 1 turn for it.

[quote name='cheapfrag']I am excited about PC games being included - shipped Railroad Tycoon 2 today to someone in TX and I am matched to (hopefully) receive Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne. Hadn't played RT2 in several years and have been meaning to pick up WC3:FT on the cheap... Goozex will allow me to get it for $3.27 ($1.59 to ship RT2, $0.68 for padded envelope, $1 for WC3:FT trade credit)

What's the most offered PC game? It looks like a lot of F.E.A.R.s have been listed and when I added Call of Duty 1 to my Library list it said 15 turns. COD got to be the most common so far.

EDIT - bummer - WC3:FT fell through. Not sure why. But now I'm back to 1 turn for it.[/QUOTE]

Weird, I've had WC3 FT sitting in my available list for the past couple days....Should confirm soon then if there's a line for it unless you guys are waiting for a complete game.

[quote name='cheapfrag']I am excited about PC games being included - shipped Railroad Tycoon 2 today to someone in TX and I am matched to (hopefully) receive Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne. Hadn't played RT2 in several years and have been meaning to pick up WC3:FT on the cheap... Goozex will allow me to get it for $3.27 ($1.59 to ship RT2, $0.68 for padded envelope, $1 for WC3:FT trade credit)

EDIT - bummer - WC3:FT fell through. Not sure why. But now I'm back to 1 turn for it.[/quote]

Very cool....that's exactly the whole idea of Goozex in a nutshell!

Not sure what the most available PC game is...though I'm curious myself...it'd require a db pull from our tech guy....

Just checked out the situation on WC3:FT and the next person offering it is a fellow CAGer...he's a good guy and I'd bet he'll commit to the trade (no pressure)...

[quote name='Oberman']Weird, I've had WC3 FT sitting in my available list for the past couple days....Should confirm soon then if there's a line for it unless you guys are waiting for a complete game.[/QUOTE]
I requested disc and manual - the middle option.

I think the points are out of line on some of the older games. Battlezone (600 pts - it's a great game but over 8 years old now), Heavy Gear 2 (500 points), Quake and Quake 2 (650 pts each), Age of Empires 1 (550 pts). I don't think these are "collectibles." I've got all but AOE1 listed in my Library but don't expect many bites for these classic games - especially at those point levels.

[quote name='cheapfrag']I think the points are out of line on some of the older games. Battlezone (600 pts - it's a great game but over 8 years old now), Heavy Gear 2 (500 points), Quake and Quake 2 (650 pts each), Age of Empires 1 (550 pts). I don't think these are "collectibles." I've got all but AOE1 listed in my Library but don't expect many bites for these classic games - especially at those point levels.[/quote]

Ok thanks, I'll check it out.

Also, I'm not sure, but you might want to check into "Steam" based games like Half-Life 2, HL2 Episode 1, Counterstrike Source, etc. I think once you enter your access key it becomes linked to your Steam account. Not sure if you can then relinquish that key so it can be used by another person. Others here might know.

[quote name='cheapfrag']I think the points are out of line on some of the older games. Battlezone (600 pts - it's a great game but over 8 years old now), Heavy Gear 2 (500 points), Quake and Quake 2 (650 pts each), Age of Empires 1 (550 pts). I don't think these are "collectibles." I've got all but AOE1 listed in my Library but don't expect many bites for these classic games - especially at those point levels.[/QUOTE]

Also, Half Life (The first one) is ranked at 550 points...Might want to look into that also

Yeah, requested a "cart only" Mega Man Zero to be shipped on November 2nd from California, got a MINT AND COMPLETE MEGA MAN ZERO THIS MORNING FTW.

Also just matched for Mario Kart DS. THis site may be a keeper despite the locust-like plague of PC games that just took over the site :)

Dave

I still have not gotten postitive feedback for the Call of Duty or Twisted metal games I traded. Call Of Duty still shows up as game not recieved(even though the guy messaged me telling me he got it) and TW4 is not on the feedback.

What's the deal?

They must not have given you feedback. Message them and ask them to do so. Even if they don't do it, the system will eventually give you positive feedback after a while (3 weeks?)

[quote name='Blackout542']I still have not gotten postitive feedback for the Call of Duty or Twisted metal games I traded. Call Of Duty still shows up as game not recieved(even though the guy messaged me telling me he got it) and TW4 is not on the feedback.

What's the deal?[/quote]

For TW4, the receiver probably hasn't gotten around to giving positive feedback...and the system will officially close soon on that trade. Some trades, like this one for Call of Duty, have the citation because even though the game was sent, it was sent late. We need to keep it fair for both sides and that's why you received a positive feedback score.

Remember, the best way to resolve or prevent disputes is to use the PM tool on Goozex. It's there to help people say to each other things like "hey before you report negative feedback please wait b/c my pc was busted and I'll ship asap...thanks!"

[quote name='Goozex']For TW4, the receiver probably hasn't gotten around to giving positive feedback...and the system will officially close soon on that trade. Some trades, like this one for Call of Duty, have the citation because even though the game was sent, it was sent late. We need to keep it fair for both sides and that's why you received a positive feedback score.

Remember, the best way to resolve or prevent disputes is to use the PM tool on Goozex. It's there to help people say to each other things like "hey before you report negative feedback please wait b/c my pc was busted and I'll ship asap...thanks!"[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the PM feature that Goozex added is great. I actually ran into the same person 4 times within 2 days (Kupofather) and sent him all 4 games in one package so I got a nice discount on shipping it out. Lookin good Goozex.

Shipping excuses are getting old...I don't care if my whole family dies and my dog gets run over by the neighbor, I'll still ship everything out on time. If your life is really that hard and busy, print your shipping online using Paypal like I do. It takes about 60 seconds to put a game in an envelope, weigh it, print out a Paypal shipping label, tape it to the bubble mailer, and drop it in your mailbox.

It takes longer than that to type out a private message excuse as to why you can't ship.

[quote name='Rictor']Shipping excuses are getting old...I don't care if my whole family dies and my dog gets run over by the neighbor, I'll still ship everything out on time. If your life is really that hard and busy, print your shipping online using Paypal like I do. It takes about 60 seconds to put a game in an envelope, weigh it, print out a Paypal shipping label, tape it to the bubble mailer, and drop it in your mailbox.

It takes longer than that to type out a private message excuse as to why you can't ship.[/quote]

Well not everyone can run and ship out a game the second they find out they have to send it out :roll:

Also I can not find the persons s/n for TW4 since the system closed it, yet for some reason the other two games are still on there. As for the feedback on Call of Duty the game says not recieved, when it fact it was there. That's what I was talking about, and why it hasn't changed.

[quote name='Blackout542']Well not everyone can run and ship out a game the second they find out they have to send it out :roll:

[/QUOTE]

It's not like the system automatically completes the match for them. You have to agree to commit to send the game in either one or three days. If traders cannot meet this commitment then they should not confirm the trade.
The problem is that some traders are super eager to get points by accepting a trade(so they can get games) but much less eager to send out what they committed to.
I personally never commit to a trade unless I know I can ship out a day or so after agreeing to it. I'm eager to get my points too, but I would feel guilty as hell if I didn't ship out on time.

[quote name='Blackout542']Well not everyone can run and ship out a game the second they find out they have to send it out :roll: [/quote]

You have THREE DAYS to ship, and yes, EVERYONE can ship out a game the second they find out they have to ship it. Like I said, use Paypal shipping and do it from the comfort of your own computer desk. Takes about 1 minute. Excuses are lame. If you can't ship within 3 days, then you shouldn't accept the trade in the first place.

Goozex, congrats on the Washington Post article.

Nice article!

BTW - listed the following - all are in good shape, some new

X360

Far Cry
PDZ LE
NBA 2k6
College Hoops 2k6

PS2
Grandia III
Digital Devil Saga 2
Makai Kingdom
Wild Arms ACF

Gamecube
Pikmin 2

Dave

I have a question pertaining to getting more trade credits. I joined a couple weeks ago and have sent out about 8 games so far, recieved my first game from what I got when I joined. Now I want to buy some trade credits so I can get some more games. I keep having this problem.

I enter all my credit card info correctly (correct billing address and correct CVN) yet every time I try to get the credits it comes up with this error:

520 - The authorization request was declined by CyberSource. Either the Card Verification Number or the billing address does not correspond to the Credit Card number.

I know I'm entering all my info in correctly so it must be a bug or problem on your or cybersource's end. Please fix this problem or let me know how I can get trade credits another way. I really want to use your service, but if all I can do is give my games out without getting any in return, thats a waste of my time and games.

[quote name='elosefast']I have a question pertaining to getting more trade credits. I joined a couple weeks ago and have sent out about 8 games so far, recieved my first game from what I got when I joined. Now I want to buy some trade credits so I can get some more games. I keep having this problem.

I enter all my credit card info correctly (correct billing address and correct CVN) yet every time I try to get the credits it comes up with this error:

520 - The authorization request was declined by CyberSource. Either the Card Verification Number or the billing address does not correspond to the Credit Card number.

I know I'm entering all my info in correctly so it must be a bug or problem on your or cybersource's end. Please fix this problem or let me know how I can get trade credits another way. I really want to use your service, but if all I can do is give my games out without getting any in return, thats a waste of my time and games.[/QUOTE]

that's weird, I was able to purchase credits just an hour or two ago. Maybe this is a problem with your particular type of credit card or something.

Why are so many covers showing up as "image not available"?

I also notice that a fair number of games are showing up as "0" points.

[quote name='icruise']Why are so many covers showing up as "image not available"?

I also notice that a fair number of games are showing up as "0" points.[/QUOTE]

Same here....I think they might be having some problems

[quote name='elosefast']I have a question pertaining to getting more trade credits. I joined a couple weeks ago and have sent out about 8 games so far, recieved my first game from what I got when I joined. Now I want to buy some trade credits so I can get some more games. I keep having this problem.

I know I'm entering all my info in correctly so it must be a bug or problem on your or cybersource's end. Please fix this problem or let me know how I can get trade credits another way. I really want to use your service, but if all I can do is give my games out without getting any in return, thats a waste of my time and games.[/QUOTE]

Check the CVN location. When I did my credit card I assumed that the CVN was the number on the front of the VISA card but when I read the Goozex explanation I found out it was a 3 digit number on the signature strip on the back of the card.

I know I'm entering all my info in correctly so it must be a bug or problem on your or cybersource's end. Please fix this problem or let me know how I can get trade credits another way. I really want to use your service, but if all I can do is give my games out without getting any in return, thats a waste of my time and games.[/quote]

Hi elosefast,

Thanks for trading!

Goozex doesn't collect or store credit card information...Bank Of America's Cybersource handles our credit card payments and all information runs through their db...
I'd make sure you're using either Visa or Mastercard, expiration date, and the number once again...

Let me know if it doesn't work and we can take it from there.

[quote name='icruise']Why are so many covers showing up as "image not available"?

I also notice that a fair number of games are showing up as "0" points.[/quote]

We are upgrading the site with internal mechanic stuff....its causing some brief problems...sorry for any troubles this may cause...

Seems like I've been reporting a lot of games from new users as "not received" lately. The latest one today, the user has supposedly sent out 10 games and received 6, although I was the first person to leave him feedback. Looks like he scammed 6 games out of the system. Maybe the system should be changed so you don't get your points until people receive the games you send out. This would also encourage people to send more quickly.

Also, you might want to consider going back to letting new users receive only one game at a time until they actually have some positive feedback.

[quote name='Rictor']Seems like I've been reporting a lot of games from new users as "not received" lately. The latest one today, the user has supposedly sent out 10 games and received 6, although I was the first person to leave him feedback. Looks like he scammed 6 games out of the system. Maybe the system should be changed so you don't get your points until people receive the games you send out. This would also encourage people to send more quickly.

Also, you might want to consider going back to letting new users receive only one game at a time until they actually have some positive feedback.[/QUOTE]

Agreed

[quote name='Rictor']Seems like I've been reporting a lot of games from new users as "not received" lately. The latest one today, the user has supposedly sent out 10 games and received 6, although I was the first person to leave him feedback. Looks like he scammed 6 games out of the system. Maybe the system should be changed so you don't get your points until people receive the games you send out. This would also encourage people to send more quickly.

Also, you might want to consider going back to letting new users receive only one game at a time until they actually have some positive feedback.[/quote]
Ever since user Bliz96 caused trouble on our site we have talked about limiting the number of games inititally agreed to send out...The truth is that only a handful of users have tried to scam Goozex out of the many on it...

Still, part of the Goozex experience is for this to not happen at all. What I am going to pass to my tech guy is to install what I like to call the Bliz96 rule...it basically will follow the feedback system for new users. You can send out 2 games at first and when you get positive feedback you move up...

Now, I'm not sure about the user who didn't send to Rictor, but I will personally email him and ask what's going on. He may be another abuser or something else. We've seen legit reasons for not sending and the games show up a bit late.

I'll keep you posted. And for those of you who are established traders, nothing will happen regarding sending/receiving games...

Also, you might want to consider going back to letting new users receive only one game at a time until they actually have some positive feedback.[/QUOTE]

I had that problem as well with another user recently. I reported a ps2 game as "not arriving" from a guy after 10 or 11 days after he was supposed to send it. It turned out that that he had shipped out the game 9 days later than he was supposed to, and I received it a day or so after reporting it.
It was good that I sent the bad feedback anyways becuase the guy tried scamming me by sending my the PC version (this was before the site had started listing PC games). When I messaged the guy about it he openly admitted that he never had the ps2 version, and didn't seem to care much.

I think the Goozex guys already took care of him because he got bad feedback on almost all of his other trades. I'm just glad that Goozex guarantees all trades and refunds points when this stuff happens, definitely one of the reasons I'm going to keep coming back to Goozex to trade.

I don't think that this problem is rampant or anything but I bet it will get a bit worse as more and more people start using Goozex. I doubt all of these people are scamming, but some people just seem to think they can mail out their games whenever they feel like, and that the commitment they made is more of a loose guideline.

I'm totally happy though, I recently nabbed Castlevania Chronicles(PS1), Power Stone 2(DC), and Mars Matrix(DC).... I just need more points!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back