Goozex CAG Coupon Extended & Support Continued Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='lurknomore']While that technically makes sense, I thought that one of the many benefits of Goozex was that it was more accurate and fluid marketplace. I guess that I have been proven wrong. I really had high hopes that this marketplace would facillitate faster, more efficient, and more equitable trading.[/quote]

The site is more like half.com than ebay. Your stuff is listed but there's not guarantee anyone will request it. That said, I've sent out dozens of games in the last few months that were requested from Goozex users. Low point games tend to be requested quicker than high point games, but if it's a good game, it will eventually be requested event at 600-800 points. It also helps if you have complete games.

[quote name='Rictor'] It also helps if you have complete games.[/QUOTE]

Especially if it is a high point game. If I'm requesting a 360 game or any other 500+ point game I don't want a partial game. I want the full package.

QUestion.

i put in a request yesterday around 2pm for Phantasy Star Universe ps2

i notice that someone has it up for trade shouldnt of that matched by now

i have way more then enough trade points and trade credits

also another question... I dont understand some of the new feedback

POSITIVE
the game I have received plays perfectly, and the condition is as I requested or better

The game I received plays perfectly and the condition is as I requested, but the overall package quality is not as good as expected

Okay what would make the difference here. i can see major problems with this cause people will start to leave the 2nd feedback thinking they are getting brand new games. I dont understand the feature have having 2 feedbacks here.

[quote name='slidecage']QUestion.

i put in a request yesterday around 2pm for Phantasy Star Universe ps2

i notice that someone has it up for trade shouldnt of that matched by now

i have way more then enough trade points and trade credits[/QUOTE]

the guy might be out of trade credits. If I remember correctly you will not be matched unless the trader has at least one credit.

You don't need credits to trade a game (just to receive one), but sometimes the system seems slow to match. Also, I think if a game is matched with someone else but not yet traded, it will still show up as "available." So if the person who put it up on the site doesn't reply to the trade request email, it could stay in limbo for up to 24 hours (or more, if it matches again and they again don't respond).

[quote name='ManChowder']the guy might be out of trade credits. If I remember correctly you will not be matched unless the trader has at least one credit.[/QUOTE]

You can't sell your games without having at least one trade credit?!?
humm...
Interesting and weird at the same time.
If that is true, it explains why I didn't get a match for "Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap" and "Wipeout Pure" even though they're listed as available.

Also, goozex should remove games from the avaliable section that are not confirmed by users when requested. I got matched and unmatched on several games in the past and had to pause or delete my request so it wouldn't get stuck in an infinite loop (match, unmatch, match, unmatch).

Overall, I think Goozex is awesome.
Mainly due to Mark (Goozex) great support here on CAG and the refund of points when a trade goes wrong. Otherwise, I would be pretty pissed since 7 out of my 21 completed requests didn't arrived at all.

[quote name='icruise']You don't need credits to trade a game (just to receive one), but sometimes the system seems slow to match. Also, I think if a game is matched with someone else but not yet traded, it will still show up as "available." So if the person who put it up on the site doesn't reply to the trade request email, it could stay in limbo for up to 24 hours (or more, if it matches again and they again don't respond).[/QUOTE]

yes but i dont think that is the case cause i been match on other games a nd it says

MATCH Waiting for seller to confirm or something like that

Im not even getting that on this game. i know goozex been down for the past few days so maybe their sytem is very slow in matching right now

[quote name='icruise']You don't need credits to trade a game (just to receive one), but sometimes the system seems slow to match. Also, I think if a game is matched with someone else but not yet traded, it will still show up as "available." So if the person who put it up on the site doesn't reply to the trade request email, it could stay in limbo for up to 24 hours (or more, if it matches again and they again don't respond).[/QUOTE]

really I always thought you had to at least have one credit to trade something. That's pretty cool if you don't have to have credits to send.

[quote name='icruise']I'm saying that someone ELSE may have already been matched with the game. Are you first in line, slidecage?[/QUOTE]

yeap says im first in line. also i been checking on the recently traded thing and havent seen the game traded

I just got Zelda: The Minish Cap for GBA. It's a game that I've been trying to find a decent price on for a LONG time, and the best thing is that the guy included the strategy guide! Very cool of him to do that, since he only had it listed as "disc only" and could have just shipped it by itself for less.

[quote name='icruise']I just got Zelda: The Minish Cap for GBA. It's a game that I've been trying to find a decent price on for a LONG time, and the best thing is that the guy included the strategy guide! Very cool of him to do that, since he only had it listed as "disc only" and could have just shipped it by itself for less.[/QUOTE]

yea i noticed that some people go that extra mile.

i got a gba that was to come cart only. got cart + manual

I had 2 games shipped 2/3 day mail (they paid almost 5 bucks to ship)

others i had people send media mail and took weeks to get

hi Mark (Goozex)
Seems like a few people are requesting the game Half Life for the Sega Dreamcast. That game was canceled and never officially released (I know.. I know.. an iso was leaked out on the internet but pirated games are not allowed on goozex). So, you might want to take that game off the list.

[quote name='wbc1228']hi Mark (Goozex)
Seems like a few people are requesting the game Half Life for the Sega Dreamcast. That game was canceled and never officially released (I know.. I know.. an iso was leaked out on the internet but pirated games are not allowed on goozex). So, you might want to take that game off the list.[/QUOTE]

i wonder if the markup box for that game is worth anything : )

Goozex, is the site working properly right now? I've had the game Pokemon Pinball for GBA on my list for quite a while now. Some one listed it on the site a few days ago, and I have plenty of empty trading slots, tons of points, and plenty of trade credits. I'm also first in line for the game. It seems weird that the game hasn't been requested by the system for me yet. I'm also first in line for Fire Emblem for GBA and that one has been sitting on the available list for around a week now.

[quote name='Rictor']Goozex, is the site working properly right now? I've had the game Pokemon Pinball for GBA on my list for quite a while now. Some one listed it on the site a few days ago, and I have plenty of empty trading slots, tons of points, and plenty of trade credits. I'm also first in line for the game. It seems weird that the game hasn't been requested by the system for me yet. I'm also first in line for Fire Emblem for GBA and that one has been sitting on the available list for around a week now.[/QUOTE]

yeap same here. phantasy star universe has been there since sunday and im first in line but it never matched up BUT i get up today to see that lummies or something like that has matched fort the psp and i was like 3rd in line

I'm kind of bouncing between Goozex and SaySwap for now. Both of them within 1 hour (3PM-4PM) yesterday finally started getting active. I have 1 Goozex came coming and 2 SaySwap. It's weird because I've been bitching about not getting anything back and then boom both started up. I hope it continues.

RC

got to love picking up PSP games for 100 pts

so far grabbed 3

twisted metal
star wars battlefront 2 ?
and
lummies ??

all complete for 100 pts each

hell now i got to buy more trade credits : )

I send Madden 07 for PC to someone. I sent the DVD version and he expected the CD version. Everywhere I look online, it's the DVD version. I'm not sure the CD version's available even though that's what's pictured on Goozex. It was an honest mix-up but this guy's now leaving me bad feedback and sending me some really rude messages. What can I do here? I wasn't trying to screw this guy like he's claiming.

RC

edit: I also don't recall the box art being up for this game when I listed it, but I could be wrong. The version isn't mentioned in the description.

Company of Heroes (PC) is listed for 800 points but the Company of Heroes (Collector's Edition) is 300 points... "That's not right says Boo"

[quote name='rscaramelo']I send Madden 07 for PC to someone. I sent the DVD version and he expected the CD version. Everywhere I look online, it's the DVD version. I'm not sure the CD version's available even though that's what's pictured on Goozex. It was an honest mix-up but this guy's now leaving me bad feedback and sending me some really rude messages. What can I do here? I wasn't trying to screw this guy like he's claiming.

RC

edit: I also don't recall the box art being up for this game when I listed it, but I could be wrong. The version isn't mentioned in the description.[/QUOTE]

Tell him to go out and pay $20 for a dvd drive and stop complaining. Seriously though, how can he run madden 07 on his computer and not have a DVD drive?

Just PM goozex and he should hopefully be able to clear it up.

:roll: [quote name='Oberman']Tell him to go out and pay $20 for a dvd drive and stop complaining. Seriously though, how can he run madden 07 on his computer and not have a DVD drive?

Just PM goozex and he should hopefully be able to clear it up.[/QUOTE]

No kidding :roll: . I sent the email. I'm just upset that this guy wrote this horrible feedback and sent me a really rude email before trying to come to a reasonable solution with me.

RC

[quote name='rscaramelo']:roll:

No kidding :roll: . I sent the email. I'm just upset that this guy wrote this horrible feedback and sent me a really rude email before trying to come to a reasonable solution with me.

RC[/QUOTE]

There is no reason for you to even compromise with this other trader.
If his computer is so SUCKIE that it doesn't even have a dvd-drive, I'm guessing that it will run madden07 at .01 frame per second.

PS
I don't recall ever seeing a CD-Rom version of Madden 07 anywhere either.

This is more of just a curiosity thing (directed at Goozex) but is there any chance that we can see the user that is requesting the trade before we accept it? Won't make much of a difference, but I would like to see who I'm trading with before I send it off.

I noticed that Company of Heroes (non-collector's edition) is listed once - the picture shows PC CD-ROM. But what if you had the DVD version? How would you list that and avoid the situation that rscaramelo is currently having?

Ok back for a little bit to answer some questions...

New Security Feature:
Ever since some of you got burned by Bliz96 I have made it my top goal to add a new security feature on Goozex. The new security is that new users with zero to little feedback score will have trading restrictions on them. It follows the existing one for receivers. The basic idea is to prevent anyone from signing up agreeing to send a lot of games and then never sending -- only to make everyone angry and I go into Hulk rage...
0-9 = Max 2 games to send
10-49 = Max 3 games to send
50-149 = Max 5 games to send
>150 = no restriction

Many of you will not be affected by this because your feedback score is already high. This also explains why you see some games you're requesting and they're not moving. We need to make sure the new user is a good trader (and most are!).

This leads me to erock's recent PM to me about a user who has posted a lot of new 360 games. I checked into that and he's a new user and this rule will work out perfectly for this. I don't like to assume new users have ill intentions for us, but it is a reality as shown by Bliz96.

wbc1228 -- Thanks for the support. I checked my feedback log on your track record and I forgot to follow-up with you regarding the four games sent by the Navy guy out at sea somewhere. Did you ever get those games? PM me if you didn't.

Also thanks for the heads up on Half Life -- will remove from our db soon.

Cheapfrag -- thanks for the heads up....
Another note about points -- part of our goal is to really provide a fair market value for your game trades. I will have a new policy showing up soon regarding that -- would like to keep it quiet b/c of competition

rscaramelo -- sent you a reply from feedback regarding your trade...

Regarding DVD games -- I will need to talk with our content provider about this issue...

Oberman -- we've got some more site upgrades and new features coming that will allow you to interact more with fellow traders...should be fun!

Ok I think I got them all....probably won't be back for another day...

[quote name='Goozex']Ok back for a little bit to answer some questions...

New Security Feature:
Ever since some of you got burned by Bliz96 I have made it my top goal to add a new security feature on Goozex. The new security is that new users with zero to little feedback score will have trading restrictions on them. It follows the existing one for receivers. The basic idea is to prevent anyone from signing up agreeing to send a lot of games and then never sending -- only to make everyone angry and I go into Hulk rage...
0-9 = Max 2 games to send
10-49 = Max 3 games to send
50-149 = Max 5 games to send
>150 = no restriction

Many of you will not be affected by this because your feedback score is already high. This also explains why you see some games you're requesting and they're not moving. We need to make sure the new user is a good trader (and most are!).

This leads me to erock's recent PM to me about a user who has posted a lot of new 360 games. I checked into that and he's a new user and this rule will work out perfectly for this. I don't like to assume new users have ill intentions for us, but it is a reality as shown by Bliz96.

wbc1228 -- Thanks for the support. I checked my feedback log on your track record and I forgot to follow-up with you regarding the four games sent by the Navy guy out at sea somewhere. Did you ever get those games? PM me if you didn't.

Also thanks for the heads up on Half Life -- will remove from our db soon.

Cheapfrag -- thanks for the heads up....
Another note about points -- part of our goal is to really provide a fair market value for your game trades. I will have a new policy showing up soon regarding that -- would like to keep it quiet b/c of competition

rscaramelo -- sent you a reply from feedback regarding your trade...

Regarding DVD games -- I will need to talk with our content provider about this issue...

Oberman -- we've got some more site upgrades and new features coming that will allow you to interact more with fellow traders...should be fun!

Ok I think I got them all....probably won't be back for another day...[/quote]

Would it make more sense to restrict them to receiving 0 games until their first successful trade is completed rather than restrict the number of games they can send out? I see no reason to restrict the number of games they're sending out, as long as you don't let them spend those points until you have proof they're a good trader. I'd say limit people to receiving 0 games until they have 1 complete trade, then they can receive 1 game at a time until they hit 5 completed trades. After that, you can start bumping them fairly quickly, like an extra trade slot for each trade you complete over 5.

Of course, there may be benefits to your method as well. I think one thing that might scare off new users, is if they come and list 30 games and they get 10 requests within a few hours. People that are new to a site might get nervous sending out that many games at once on a site they've never used before. I guess limiting them to sending out 2 games at once could be a good thing. I guess I could go either way on the matter.

[quote name='Rictor']Would it make more sense to restrict them to receiving 0 games until their first successful trade is completed rather than restrict the number of games they can send out? I see no reason to restrict the number of games they're sending out, as long as you don't let them spend those points until you have proof they're a good trader. I'd say limit people to receiving 0 games until they have 1 complete trade, then they can receive 1 game at a time until they hit 5 completed trades. After that, you can start bumping them fairly quickly, like an extra trade slot for each trade you complete over 5.

Of course, there may be benefits to your method as well. I think one thing that might scare off new users, is if they come and list 30 games and they get 10 requests within a few hours. People that are new to a site might get nervous sending out that many games at once on a site they've never used before. I guess limiting them to sending out 2 games at once could be a good thing. I guess I could go either way on the matter.[/quote]

Also, Bliz96 never requested any games. He only wanted to screw the system.

[quote name='Rictor']Would it make more sense to restrict them to receiving 0 games until their first successful trade is completed rather than restrict the number of games they can send out? I see no reason to restrict the number of games they're sending out, as long as you don't let them spend those points until you have proof they're a good trader. I'd say limit people to receiving 0 games until they have 1 complete trade, then they can receive 1 game at a time until they hit 5 completed trades. After that, you can start bumping them fairly quickly, like an extra trade slot for each trade you complete over 5.

Of course, there may be benefits to your method as well. I think one thing that might scare off new users, is if they come and list 30 games and they get 10 requests within a few hours. People that are new to a site might get nervous sending out that many games at once on a site they've never used before. I guess limiting them to sending out 2 games at once could be a good thing. I guess I could go either way on the matter.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm with rictor on this one. If a new user signs up and agrees to ship a dozen games and doesn't, I'm mad if I'm one that he agreed to ship doesn't come. However, with Goozex's awsome customer service, I'll get the points back. I would rather see the new user restricted from using the points until a set number of trades are reported good. All I'm saying is that i really want CoD3, and if he is willing to part with it, I think he should be allowed to ;)

[quote name='Oberman']How big of a problem was Bliz96 anyways? I never actually had to deal with him.[/quote]
By the time I booted him off he had agreed to send out 15 games...so 15 bad trades...

Hulk smash!

One of the biggest benefits of talking to you guys here is how I can respond fast to everything (plus the feedback given is awesome)...there was a time when CAG represented the majority of our users, but no longer. So new people who get screwed on a bad trade may just say "hey I tried the site but it's no good I'm going back to gamestop..."

I don't want that to happen and I have to keep balancing what's good for everyone (buyer, seller, newbies, veterans, CAGers, PCGamers, etc etc...)

That said, I am always open to ideas and believe it or not, the feedback here is taken very seriously...(i.e. Matrix Match, Goozex PM, and more to come!)

[quote name='Goozex']By the time I booted him off he had agreed to send out 15 games...so 15 bad trades...

Hulk smash![/QUOTE]

Very glad I didn't have to deal with him, lol. So far I've had nothing but good experiences with Goozex (coming up on 20 games going out) and I hope it stays that way.

Of course, there may be benefits to your method as well. I think one thing that might scare off new users, is if they come and list 30 games and they get 10 requests within a few hours. People that are new to a site might get nervous sending out that many games at once on a site they've never used before. I guess limiting them to sending out 2 games at once could be a good thing. I guess I could go either way on the matter.[/QUOTE]

The only problem with your idea is that new users can buy points to start off (instead of sending games out for points). Those users would be pretty pissed if they brought a bunch of points and trade credit, but can't use them. Not everyone have something to trade in immediately after joining.

Hey Rictor, your footy game went out yesterday.

Just wanted to say the Goozex took care of my problem. Just waiting on the feedback to be taken care of. As usual, great service.

RC

[quote name='Goozex']By the time I booted him off he had agreed to send out 15 games...so 15 bad trades...

Hulk smash!

One of the biggest benefits of talking to you guys here is how I can respond fast to everything (plus the feedback given is awesome)...there was a time when CAG represented the majority of our users, but no longer. So new people who get screwed on a bad trade may just say "hey I tried the site but it's no good I'm going back to gamestop..."

I don't want that to happen and I have to keep balancing what's good for everyone (buyer, seller, newbies, veterans, CAGers, PCGamers, etc etc...)

That said, I am always open to ideas and believe it or not, the feedback here is taken very seriously...(i.e. Matrix Match, Goozex PM, and more to come!)[/quote]

Out of curiousity, how many users are you guys upto?

So with this new security script, how is the users game listing treated if he is over his limit? Does it still show as available and no match will be made until he is back in order?

yea there are a few games that show NOW that im first in line BuT i would hate for those to come up say 2 weeks later when i have no trade credits and get passed by

guess a way to fix that would make sure that i have tons of credits but dont feel like spending more money then i have to

Here's something that needs to be added to Goozex. Whenever you report that you didn't receive a game, it should automatically be added back to your wantlist and you should keep your same spot in line for it. I just had to add Mario vs. Donkey Kong DS back to my list as the sender didn't send it to me. Now I'm 8th in line for the game.

I am a newer member to Goozex and I am having a little problem. I had a game listed in my requests and it got marked as in the mail on Nov 8.
I received this email on Nov 7.----
Hi dkennedy1977,

I was informed by the sender of Trade Empires that he accidentally
broke
the disc before sending the game. I have refunded your points and
credit for this trade. I would ask that you please let the system
officially close this trade. If you have any questions or concerns
please feel free to ask.

Thank you,
~Goozex~It is still listed in my requests and i have 2 other trades currently in use. I have emailed Goozex twice to no avail and have pm'ed the trader to try and get them to email Goozex . I would hate to leave negative feedback but I will have no choice when the time is up. I dont want the system to automatically leave good feedback when good feedback is not called for.

On a different note. Is Goozex going to have it's own forums?

[quote name='dkennedy1977']I am a newer member to Goozex and I am having a little problem. I had a game listed in my requests and it got marked as in the mail on Nov 8.
I received this email on Nov 7.----
Hi dkennedy1977,

I was informed by the sender of Trade Empires that he accidentally
broke
the disc before sending the game. I have refunded your points and
credit for this trade. I would ask that you please let the system
officially close this trade. If you have any questions or concerns
please feel free to ask.

Thank you,
~Goozex~It is still listed in my requests and i have 2 other trades currently in use. I have emailed Goozex twice to no avail and have pm'ed the trader to try and get them to email Goozex . I would hate to leave negative feedback but I will have no choice when the time is up. I dont want the system to automatically leave good feedback when good feedback is not called for.

On a different note. Is Goozex going to have it's own forums?[/QUOTE]

ahhh...
Let me get this straight.
You requested a game.
It matched and the seller confirmed it.
The seller broke the disc accidently while packing it and contacted Goozex to refund your points and trade credit ASAP.
And now, you want to leave NEGATIVE feedback?!
You gotta be kidding me.
So it would have been better for him to mail you a broken disc and make you wait 10 days or so (points and trade credit being tied up).
OK.............

[quote name='wbc1228']ahhh...
Let me get this straight.
You requested a game.
It matched and the seller confirmed it.
The seller broke the disc accidently while packing it and contacted Goozex to refund your points and trade credit ASAP.
And now, you want to leave NEGATIVE feedback?!
You gotta be kidding me.
So it would have been better for him to mail you a broken disc and make you wait 10 days or so (points and trade credit being tied up).
OK.............[/quote]
You totally missed the point.
First of all , I applaud the trader for quick communication of the problem. What the trader did was exactly what they should have done. They should not be punished for an accident , however I will not say that I have received a game in working order when I never received anything.
This is a mistake on the part of Goozex , not I or the trader. It is the responsibility of Goozex to correct the mistake either by removing the game from my requests and not allowing any feedback to be left , or by removing the negative feedback I would have to leave for not receiving the game.
To have a feedback system that is credible , you have to leave honest/accurate feedback. I understand that Goozex is still in the "beta" stages and will have issues that need to be corrected. This is something that occasionally will happen and needs to be addressed in the future. Maybe a button that allows you to mutually withdraw a trade due to accidents/errors etc.

[quote name='dkennedy1977']You totally missed the point.
They should not be punished for an accident , however I will not say that I have received a game in working order when I never received anything.
[/QUOTE]

if you allow it to be closed by system it won't say that you received anything, it simply says "closed by system". Also you say that the guy should not be punished for his accident, yet when given the choice to punish the guy or just let the transaction close on a positive note (considering the guy went out of his way to make things right, he could have just shipped it and claimed it broke during shipping) you make the choice of punishing the guy with bad feedback.... nice.

Also offering a way to back out of trades would totally suck. People would be changing their minds all the time, wanting to back out of trades (probably just making up lame excuses to force the other person to agree). If anything maybe both parties could explain the situation to Goozex and ask that the transaction be closed/cancelled. That way Goozex customer service could look into it and make sure that someone isn't abusing the system, cancelling the transaction if everything looks legit.

[quote name='ManChowder']if you allow it to be closed by system it won't say that you received anything, it simply says "closed by system". [/quote]
The only thing it says about not leaving feedback on the Goozex faq is --"Goozex will allow 3 weeks for feedback. After that time has passed, Goozex will mark the trade as a good trade and provide the sender with positive feedback."
Obviously if i have not received the game it is not a good trade and they should not get credit for such.
If It takes a long time to request a game due to the system not closing out the other trade that never happened , then :
1) I can't spend trade credits until a free slot opens in my requests.
2) I won't need to purchase any trade credits from Goozex for a longer period of time.

[quote name='ManChowder']
Also offering a way to back out of trades would totally suck. People would be changing their minds all the time, wanting to back out of trades (probably just making up lame excuses to force the other person to agree). If anything maybe both parties could explain the situation to Goozex and ask that the transaction be closed/cancelled. That way Goozex customer service could look into it and make sure that someone isn't abusing the system, cancelling the transaction if everything looks legit.[/quote]
The problem with both parties speaking with Goozex customer service is that it takes an actual person to read and respond to their request whereas an automated button could track the number of times a person tried to withdraw and penalize for abuse. Right now they still could make a lame/false excuse to Goozex to get out of a trade.

this is a problem i have with the new system

say a new user comes on and has 3 games to trade

they trade 2 and those 2 people never leave feeback. Meaning its going to be 3+ weeks before that 3rd game matches

Hi, I just joined the site and now that I see how everything works it seems pretty nice.

One thing though, when I was adding games to My Requests I noticed that one of the games I wanted showed up in the system as a future release, so it can't be added. Even though the game has been out over 2 weeks (F.E.A.R for the X360). Any way you could look into this? Thanks.

Most people report games as received as soon as they get them because they want to free up their trade slots. I haven't had much problem with people taking long to leave feedback.

That said, I see the problem this guy has with waiting 3 weeks to let the trade close out on its own. He only has 3 trade slots and this non-existent trade is taking up one of them. It really sucks to have one of your trade slots wasted like that for 3 weeks, when you could have received 2-3 more games in that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back