Mooky made a Wii Sports DVD Cover (Ver.2.0!)

Mookyjooky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
42 (100%)
My girlfriend just got the Wii I bought her from Amazon, and of course, Wii Sports doesnt have a case. Now, I've seen one or two online, but they're such low quality and they print like shit... so after 2 1/2 hours... I present my version. Enjoy.

If you have any issues with it let me know, I didnt get a chance to print it yet and try it.

Here's the link for the 9MB HQ Jpeg Cover.
Removed because CAGs are profiting off of my hard work.

Buy Official Nintendo Game Cases Here
Removed because other than show you how to create an eBay account, you're getting the full layout for profiting off of fellow CAGs wanting to do a good deed.

Hopefully Strell will hate me a little less after this. =)

UPDATE!
===================================

Ok, for my lunch break I cleaned up the cover a bit, and here's version 2.0. Thanks for the comments guys, you're keeping me when I need to be, on my toes.

Now I did what I can without an official Wii Font, but I think you'll be quite pleased.

1. I added some graphics on the back, to spruce it up a bit. Its some actions shots of Wii Sports in use.

2. I depixelated the whole cover due to scanning it, and upped the Saturation levels to make it pop a bit more.

3. I completely remade the upper right hand back side with new clean bkg shapes and I completely retyped the text.

4. I cleaned up the pixelation in the text on the front and side cover, and changed the Wii(tm) font color back to its original color.

5. Then ran a smart blur at a very low setting to kinda meche it all together.

Here is the final result. As you can probably see from the small picture alone, that quite a bit was tweeked.

Thanks guys!

smwiimj0.jpg

The cover was removed because CAGs like iazybandit like to profit off of my hard work. Thank iazy for everyone.

Wow pretty nice, one of the top 2 I've seen for sure. Don't know how you guys make these so good lol

[quote name='suko_32']Forgive my noobness, but I just take the images and take it to places like Kinko's and laser print it right?[/quote]

You can do that, but just dont let them know. They tend to get all pissy about copyrighted materials. But yeah, you can do that. It's very High Res, it should look great!

[quote name='Mookyjooky']
Hopefully Strell will hate me a little less after this. =)[/QUOTE]

While I didn't know such a feat was possible, rest assured I don't hate you.

I have taken the liberty of adding this into my FAQ.

Sweet Jesus that is nice! We need to have this on the front page! Well, maybe not since it does infringe on copyrights. Then again, we have all the Playgear pocket artwork why not this?

Wow, GREAT job!! Some company needs to offer you a job in marketing to create promo materials for them! Very nice.

[quote name='daroga']Fantastic, Mooky! Thank you so much!

For those not wishing to deal with MegaUpload, I've got it mirrored. Mooky, if you don't want me to do this, just let me know, and it'll be gone. :)

MookyJooky's Wii Sports DVD Case Insert Mirror[/quote]

Naaa, thats great Daroga. I hate having to upload it to sites like that, but I dont have a website anymore. =(

Thanks!

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Naaa, thats great Daroga. I hate having to upload it to sites like that, but I dont have a website anymore. =(

Thanks![/quote]No prob. If you need anything hosted ever, just let me know, such as if it could be a help for your Saturn project. Just drop me a PM and we'll figure something out. :)

Just to let everyone know, I still have the 50mb .psd file, and if it needs tweeking to fit in the case right, or seems off from the others... let me know, and I'll make the adjustments ASAP... AFAIK its good to go, but with printwork, you never know until its printed.

Nice work mookyjooky. But upon enlarging the image, it seems that you scanned the cover? Upon closer look, the color has a redish tint as well as the usual pixelated looking all the images.

The one I posted up is smooth and hi-res as well. But good job

I like the front. The back is a bit dull for my tastes though. I already printed one but I might have to do some mixing and matching with everyone's covers and print out a new one.

FYI, you can save that .jpg at 11 instead of 12 out of Photoshop. There is no discernable difference between the two when printed. It will also cut your file size in half, if not more. The file size at 11 will probably put you closer to a 3-3.5MB file if not less due to all the white space inherent in the Wii design.

11 is the standard quality in the DVD cover community. I've designed roughly 130 myself and printed out 100s and can attest to this. Just a helpful hint from a fellow designer. :)

Will do, tonight I'll work on the cover a bit, and smooth the colors out, it was a 2 1/2 job that ended at 2am, so I didnt do any real post work to it. I'll get to that.

Corvin, you're right about the back, I just decided to keep it that way, since I scanned the Cardboard CD case. I'm a big fan of trying to keep it as close as possible to the original design. But I'll spruce it up a bit and make a Ver. 2.0

Thanks for the advice guys.

Ok, for my lunch break I cleaned up the cover a bit, and here's version 2.0. Thanks for the comments guys, you're keeping me when I need to be, on my toes.

Now I did what I can without an official Wii Font, but I think you'll be quite pleased.

1. I added some graphics on the back, to spruce it up a bit. Its some actions shots of Wii Sports in use.

2. I depixelated the whole cover due to scanning it, and upped the Saturation levels to make it pop a bit more.

3. I completely remade the upper right hand back side with new clean bkg shapes and I completely retyped the text.

4. I cleaned up the pixelation in the text on the front and side cover, and changed the Wii(tm) font color back to its original color.

5. Then ran a smart blur at a very low setting to kinda meche it all together.

Here is the final result. As you can probably see from the small picture alone, that quite a bit was tweeked.

Thanks guys!

Link for new cover

smwiimj0.jpg

Awesome! Now everyone needs to go to Target and snap up all the Wii intro disks they have available at their displays. It has Tony Hawk on the cover. They're a penney each and come in a real Wii game case. I bought the remaining 10 at my store. A dime for 10 real Nintendo cases is a huge bargain.

RC

[quote name='rscaramelo']Awesome! Now everyone needs to go to Target and snap up all the Wii intro disks they have available at their displays. It has Tony Hawk on the cover. They're a penney each and come in a real Wii game case. I bought the remaining 10 at my store. A dime for 10 real Nintendo cases is a huge bargain.

RC[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! Is this just a regular DVD you can watch, or is it a Wii disk?

Great work on Ver. 2, Mookyjooky! CAGs rule!

As an obsessive-compulsive, I'm offended by the front cover!

The order of the icons, left to right:
Baseball, bowling, boxing, golf, tennis

But the order of the screenshots is:
Boxing, tennis, bowling, baseball, golf

Or, if you prefer this way (which I personally find slightly less elegant):
Tennis, boxing, bowling, golf, baseball

Did you choose the order - or was it Nintendo?

[quote name='keithp']Thanks for the tip! Is this just a regular DVD you can watch, or is it a Wii disk?

Great work on Ver. 2, Mookyjooky! CAGs rule![/QUOTE]

Just a dvd to watch.

RC

Mooky,

Any chance you could send me the PSD file. I run a box cover site @ www.console-covers.com and we really need a hi-resolution template for our Wii custom covers (of course you will get credit). You welcome to join the site and contribute artwork.

Great and all but can you NEVER EVER EVER in your ENTIRE LIFETIME upload to Megaupload.com again? They're a bunch of horny assholes who want your personal information to sell it to MORE horny spam companies. GAMERS DON'T HAVE TO TOLERATE THIS BULL$%#@$#$^@!#$^!$^. Thanks.

Nice job, Mooky.

I will definitely use this (or another updated version) whenever I have the chance to get it printed out professionally.

Do you people have legal sized paper? I can't print the thing off without any margins and it ends up too small.

[quote name='SpazX']Do you people have legal sized paper? I can't print the thing off without any margins and it ends up too small.[/quote]

you've got an older printer it seems, mines older too.. the new ones can print to the sides of the paper these days...

I use Epson A4 glossy paper that I buy from buy.com for all my covers, they look fantastic.

i had planned on doing this exact thing. i like cases for my collections. thanks for putting in the hard work. i wish they wouldve had the cases when i ordered my cables to save on shipping. but i just ordered 10 cases and i will print these cover out at work on our hi speed color printer. :)

bread's done
Back