Metal Gear Acid 2 $17 at CC.com

I vouch for the Metal Gear Acid games. Really great games, as long as you understand you're getting a strategy title and not a normal Metal Gear. Along with Advance Wars, these are my favorite strategy titles in years. Just have stealth in a strategy game is unique.

[quote name='62t']is it necssary to play mga1 before this?[/QUOTE]

No, I don't remember there being any real story connection. They're WEIRD stories, but you probably guessed that :lol:

Didn't like MGA1, freaking LOVED the second. I actually prefer it to MGS Portable Ops, though I like tactical RPGs as a whole. I played through MGA 2 twice.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Didn't like MGA1, freaking LOVED the second. I actually prefer it to MGS Portable Ops, though I like tactical RPGs as a whole. I played through MGA 2 twice.[/quote]

Good to know. I kinda liked the first one. I guess I'll have to buy it now that the second one is so cheap.

I wonder why all MGS games become cheap so fast...

I'd play the first one first, if you can, because it'll be hard to go back, and it's still worthwile.

This is ALSO in stores, because I used my $5 PSP coupon on this.

[quote name='Gigamaster89']Except freaking best buy, where I actually have a $5 coupon for :bomb:[/QUOTE]
I think Circuit City will take the Best Buy coupon...I'm not 100% sure on that though.

I didn't think there was much of a difference between them gameplay wise. The second one seemed easier to me, and maybe shorter, if anything. What were the differences supposed to be?

They fixed some little things which when summed up, make MGA2 a better game. for one, you dont have to use a card just to switch from crawl to stand position. You can also turn at any direction without using a card or cost. moving around the playing field is much better too.

cell shade graphics are also awsome! I found MGA 1 was pretty hard due to view the surroundings some areas because they were too dark even with bright setting on!

[quote name='TheKindred']picked it up at blockbuster for 14.99, even came with the 3-d glasses[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

Played it for maybe 15 minutes, got bored and its been on my shelf ever since.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I didn't think there was much of a difference between them gameplay wise. The second one seemed easier to me, and maybe shorter, if anything. What were the differences supposed to be?[/QUOTE]
There are a lot of differences. The second one is much more real-time, allowing for fluid movement during your turn and easier undoing of your actions. Lots more cards, too, and the ability to upgrade them.
My review of MGA: http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/reviews/878/Metal_Gear_Acid.html
My review of MGA2: http://psp.gamespy.com/playstation-portable/metal-gear-acid-2/697378p1.html
I say there's no need to play the first. The story from 2 starts up smoothly on its own, and it eases you into gameplay nicely.

[quote name='ViolentLee']There are a lot of differences. The second one is much more real-time, allowing for fluid movement during your turn and easier undoing of your actions. Lots more cards, too, and the ability to upgrade them.
My review of MGA: http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/reviews/878/Metal_Gear_Acid.html
My review of MGA2: http://psp.gamespy.com/playstation-portable/metal-gear-acid-2/697378p1.html
I say there's no need to play the first. The story from 2 starts up smoothly on its own, and it eases you into gameplay nicely.[/quote]

I agree, the second one is way better

Huh. Well I really don't think there's much of a difference (I even like some things about the original better). But it doesn't matter if you play the second one first. If you like it though, be sure to pick up the first.

The Metal Gear Acid games have been some of those rare games like Advance Wars that all my friends have liked and actually finished (like me a lot of them get bored part way through most strategy games).
In fact one friend was 15 hours in to the first one, accidentally deleted his save file (messing around with the memory stick on his computer), and ended up playing through the game from the start and still enjoyed it.

I thought Snake was more bad ass looking in the first. Other than that, MGA2 is better in my book. I think the first was longer, but the second one is just better in almost all ways. I just finished MGA2 last week, and I thought I would go back and play the first one again. Just could not do it, it felt like a HUGE step back.

I just wish the scenes were voice acted.... maybe in the next one.

[quote name='Wolfpup']No, I don't remember there being any real story connection. They're WEIRD stories, but you probably guessed that :lol:[/QUOTE]

I can't remember how MGA1 ended but it felt like it was set up for a sequel. Someone care to refresh my memory in spoiler tags?

[quote name='ne2eire']I can't remember how MGA1 ended but it felt like it was set up for a sequel. Someone care to refresh my memory in spoiler tags?[/QUOTE]

I don't remember either, so no help from me. All Metal Gear games end in a way that is conclusive, yet leaves room to build a sequel if need be though.

All I remember is that crazy doll, and Snake was fake, or not, and there was a clone, or not, or a hallucination, and that little girl was nuts, and I can't remember what the heck happened :D

[quote name='Wolfpup']
All I remember is that crazy doll, and Snake was fake, or not, and there was a clone, or not, or a hallucination, and that little girl was nuts, and I can't remember what the heck happened :D
[/QUOTE]

This explains why I don't remember much from MGA1....or MGS2 :D

Very end of MGA1:
There was a CIA guy, who was a badguy, or something. And he wanted Snake. That's what I remember.

Haven't played 2 yet.

bread's done
Back