2 million free MS points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tag for the 13th!

I also hope they stop the hoarders this time so we all can have a chance to score some MPPoints this time.

Sounds good... but sounds fishy as well. Tag anyway. I would love to get in on this :hot:

I'll give it a try some free points would be nice. I tried the link to the site and its down. You think they would have the site up and running with it telling you to prepare for the 13th-14th but nothing.

You all realize you are only entered for a chance to get 400 points, NOT all 2 million. Basically one free live arcade game.

[quote name='Rozz']Sounds good... but sounds fishy as well. Tag anyway. I would love to get in on this :hot:[/QUOTE]
:roll: :roll:
How does it sound fishy?

[quote name='scottman']You all realize you are only entered for a chance to get 400 points, NOT all 2 million. Basically one free live arcade game.[/QUOTE]

The first thing I thought of when I read the title was

"What the fuck am I going to buy with 2 million points!?"

[quote name='CitizenB']I'll give it a try some free points would be nice. I tried the link to the site and its down. You think they would have the site up and running with it telling you to prepare for the 13th-14th but nothing.[/quote]
The link posted is probably wrong. Correct link is probably:

http://www.readyaimfuture.com

That link at least shows information about the show and the contest.

OFFICIAL RULES

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Eligibility: Future Weapons Microsoft Points Give Away is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Microsoft and Discovery Communications, Inc. (the “Sponsors”), and their parent subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and its immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.

How to Enter: There are two methods of entry. Method #1: To enter online, visit www.readyaimfuture.com between 4:00 P.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) and 11:59 P.M. ET on 1/13/06 and on 1/14/07 (“Promotion Entry Period 1”) and follow all online entry instructions to complete and submit the online entry. Online entrants subject to all notices posted online including but not limited to privacy policy. Limit: One online entry per person or email address. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Method #2: To enter online, visit www.readyaimfuture.com after 10:01 P.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on 1/15/07 (“Promotion Entry Period 2”) and follow all online entry instructions to complete and submit the online entry. Online entrants will be prompted to answer a question pertaining to the content of the Future Weapons premiere on Discovery Channel 1/15/07 9:00 PM Eastern Time (ET) to qualify for prize. Online entrants subject to all notices posted online including but not limited to privacy policy. Limit: One online entry per person or email address. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.

Prizes & Approximate Retail Values ("ARV"):
5,000 token codes for 400 Microsoft points each subject to availability within the following schedule:
1/13/07 from 4:01 PM Eastern Time (ET) to 11:59 PM Eastern Time (ET) or while supply lasts: 1,250 token codes
1/14/07 from 4:01 PM Eastern Time (ET) to 11:59 PM Eastern Time (ET) or while supply lasts: 1,250 token codes
1/15/07 beginning from 10:01 PM Eastern Time (ET) while supply lasts: 2,500 token codes
Offer will be removed immediately when supplies are exhausted.

Winners:
All winners will be notified by e-mail to receive their promotional token code. Prizes are non-assignable or transferable except to a surviving spouse. Prizes may not be redeemed for cash. If a prize is not available, the Sponsors have the right to substitute the prize for another of equal or greater value. All winners are responsible for all federal, state, local and sales and income taxes. Entry and acceptance of any prize constitute permission to use each winner's name, prize won, hometown and likeness for online posting and promotional purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Limit: one prize per household and only while supplies last. All prizes are not guaranteed to be awarded.

General:
Participating entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors and release the Sponsors, and their affiliated companies, and all other businesses involved in this
Promotion, as well as the employees, officers, directors and agents of each, from all claims and liability relating to their participation, acceptance and use of each prize. in this Promotion, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, their respective advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, By participating subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Promotion, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Promotion related activity.
The winners acknowledge that the Sponsors and all other businesses concerned with this Promotion and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner are responsible for any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of prize except that prizes shall be subject to manufacturer’s standard warranty.

Sponsors:
Discovery Communications, Inc. (One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910).
Confidentiality: By entering you may be contacted by the Sponsors with future promotional offers. To opt-out, visit the Sponsors’ privacy policies at
http://dsc.discovery.com/utilities/about/privacypolicy.html. Information provided by you to participate in this Promotion is subject to Sponsors’ privacy policies.

NOTICE TO ONLINE ENTRANTS
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. The Sponsors are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged, illegible, incomplete or postage due mail/entries; or (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsors on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Promotion. By participating in the promotion, you (i) agree to be bound by these official rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsors and the independent judging organization, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion. Failure to comply with these official rules may result in disqualification from the Promotion. Sponsors reserve the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from any promotion it sponsors any person it believes has intentionally violated these official rules; and (ii) withdraw the online method of entry if it becomes technically corrupted (including if a computer virus or system malfunction inalterably impairs its ability to conduct the Promotion), and to select winners from among all eligible entries received prior to withdrawal.
Legal Warning: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN individual, whether or not an ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, destroy, tamper or vandalize this WEB SITE OR interfere with the OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS and SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES and diligently pursue all remedies against ANY SUCH individual TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.

PROMOTION FACTS

PRIZE
1 Token code for 400 Microsoft Points​
RETAIL VALUE
$5.00​
NUMBER OF PRIZES
5,000​
DATE
1/13/2007
1/14/2007
1/15/2007​
TIME
4:01 PM – 11:59 PM (ET)
4:01 PM – 11:59 PM (ET)
10:01 PM (ET) until all points are gone​
AVAILABILITY
1,250 Tokens
1,250 Tokens
2,500 Tokens​

Prize grants subject to availability. Once daily set prize inventory has been exhausted, prizes will no longer to be available.
Entry Is Free. No purchase necessary to enter. See instructions on form on how to enter free.
Buying Won’t Help You Win. Chances of winning without a purchase are the same as the chances of someone who buys something.
Entry Deadline/Sweepstakes Closing Date. To be eligible to win each prize offered in this Promotion, your entry must be received by the applicable Entry Deadline stated in this communication and while supplies last.

I am not getting this discovery channel thing, is it first come first serve for the points or is it a drawing? The rules are a little amiguous. It says they will give them out until exhausted but it also says things like you will be notified if you are a "winner".

[quote name='Purkeynator']I am not getting this discovery channel thing, is it first come first serve for the points or is it a drawing? The rules are a little amiguous. It says they will give them out until exhausted but it also says things like you will be notified if you are a "winner".[/quote]

I too wonder if it is first come first serve or a drawing. I am assuming first come first serve but I don't know.

I'm in, best of luck to all the CAG.

Even 400 points is good enough for me. It will take the sting out of the pricy stuff on XBL.

[quote name='OwlBoy']Ok, what the hell does "tagged" mean?

Is it just a retarded way to say "bump"?l[/QUOTE]
A lot of people still think they need to reply to a thread to mark it in their subscribed threads despite having it pointed out numerous times that they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back