Dead Space - Gen. Discussion & Info

orntar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)

Features

When an immense mining ship, the USG Ishimura, comes into contact with a mysterious alien artifact in Dead Space, its communications with Earth are mysteriously cut off. Engineer Isaac Clarke is sent to repair the Ishimura's communications array, but he arrives to find a living nightmare—the ship is a floating bloodbath, the crew unspeakably mutilated and infected by an ancient alien scourge. Clarke's repair mission becomes one of survival as he fights not just to save himself, but to return the artifact to the planet … at any cost.

• Strategic dismemberment: Shear off limbs with powerful weapons as you carve a bloody path through the alien hordes. Find ways to neutralize attacking enemies effectively or they'll keep coming at you. When ammo runs low, use telekinesis to pick up objects—even the enemies' own arms and legs—and fire them at anything that stands in your way.
  • Terror in the far reaches of space: A blood-curdling interactive horror experience features state-of-the art graphics and effects, a panic-inducing audio system, and a truly frightening atmosphere of death and despair.
  • Real zero G: Battle relentless enemies and crack challenging puzzles in unprecedented zero-gravity environments that reinvent survival horror.
  • Uncover the horrific truth: Cut through the harrowing mystery to stop the alien onslaught. Discover the tragic story of the Ishimura's downfall through the final, frantic logs of the ship's hideously transformed crew.

Reviews:

IGN: 8.7

Eurogamer: 7/10

UGO: A

1UP: B+

Gamespot: 9.0

Thanks Deadite76

Early Purchase Bonuses:

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/01/dead-space-goes-gold-free-dlc-suit-for-early-adopters/

EA announced today that sci-fi survival horror game Dead Space is gold and ready to unleash screams starting October 14th in North America. Xbox 360 and PS3 players who purchase the game within the first two weeks of its release will be able to download console-specific space suits. Pre-orders from GameStop Online, EB Canada Online and "select" European retailers will receive the Scorpion suit. The suits feature a new look (seen above), along with "increased toughness and inventory slots."
Console Specific Suits: Obsidian for PS3 and Elite for Xbox 360
deadspacesuits1.jpg

Scorpion Skin:
deadspacescorp-20081001-190826.jpg

Thanks Deadite76

Weapon game play videos:

Click for Videos

Official Site:
http://deadspace.ea.com/

Achievements:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/

Pre-order bonus:
Preorder at EBGames, GameStop, or GameCrazy and receive a limited edition art book, written and illustrated by development team. Learn what it took to develop the unique visual style of this sci-fi horror thriller, as the team guides you on a 97-page journey through Dead Space’s terrifying universe. Supplies are very limited.

All Customers: Art book available with the game.

Ultra Limited Edition!
http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/servlet/C...ctID=106790800
The Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition comes with:
  • The Dead Space game
  • Special Ultra Limited Edition packaging
  • Dead Space Downfall Animated Movie (DVD)
  • Bonus content DVD
  • Exclusive lithograph art
  • 97-pg Dead Space art book written and illustrated by the development team
  • 160-pg Graphic novel
  • Ishimura crew patch
Only 1,000 copies of the Dead Space™ Ultra Limited Edition!

Last edited by a moderator:
No Known Survivors:

http://www.noknownsurvivors.com

Click for Videos

Companion site where they are giving away prizes. This site chronicles the event that leads to the games setting. Watch the Animated Comics on game trailers, then answers questions in the computers. A new chapter opens each Monday, usually.

Apptitude test answers:

Episode 1.1:

1. CEC
2. Ishimura
3. 200 years
4. Aegis 7
5. Altman be praised
6. 7
7. Line Cutter
8. I hold your hand in mined

Episode 1.2:
1. Union Square
2. MK01829
3. Social Interaction Analysis Report
4. Captain Mathias
5. McKenzies Pub
6. Deacon Abbott
7. Black
8. The Dead Walk The Ship

Episode 1.3:
1: O-Deck
2: 3
3: Mother
4: Unitologist
5: Trinity
6: Katie
7: Dead Rock
8:

Episode 1.4:
none

Intermission
none

Episode 2.1:
1. Three Happy Spacemen
2. 20
3. Sun Cola
4. 22599 Credits
5. Caracas
6. Morgue
7. Supernova
8. Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Episode 2.2:
1. Dennis
2. Mach Room
3. Sector Patrol Observation Terminal
4. 17
5. 234
6. Invitation to Andromeda
7. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
8. MY DADDY WOULD NEVER DO THAT

Episode 2.3:
1. Early bird
2. USM Valor
3. 117
4. 200
5. 12
6. Antony Johnston
7. Ben Templesmith
8. IT REQUIRES MORE COURAGE TO SUFFER THAN TO DIE

Episode 2.4:
none

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very interested in Dead Space. A lot of gaming minds I respect have given it high praise. Some have even put it ahead of Fallout 3 and Fable 2, which is interesting.

Yeah, Dead Space is definitely flying in under the radar. It is most likely due to the huge selection of possible good titles that will be released within the next two months.

Very smart for them to launch before Fable, Fallout and Saint's Row.

I'm guessing it was either bump it up or bump it back and they didn't want to bump it a few months back like they did for Army of Two.

[quote name='Scorch']Very smart for them to launch before Fable, Fallout and Saint's Row.

I'm guessing it was either bump it up or bump it back and they didn't want to bump it a few months back like they did for Army of Two.[/quote]

Did Saint's Row get pushed back? Last time I checked it released on the 14th as well.

im very interested in this game, have been since the gameinformer feature.
im kinda feeling it wont be great but id like to be wrong.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Already pre ordered at best buy for the art book + cool box :)[/quote]

How is the art book by the way? I was tempted to reserve it while I was browsing the local Best Buy earlier today, but I wanted to know the quality of the art book before I plunked down the 5 bucks.

[quote name='knightsdwn']How is the art book by the way? I was tempted to reserve it while I was browsing the local Best Buy earlier today, but I wanted to know the quality of the art book before I plunked down the 5 bucks.[/quote]

Nice quality, well worth the 5 bucks to be honest. Hard cover, tons of pictures.

Cool. Certainly is smart of them to move it up... as it stood, I never would've picked it up with all of the other stuff I would've already had.

14th, though? I'm there. *thumbs up*

[quote name='Chase']I am very interested in Dead Space. A lot of gaming minds I respect have given it high praise. Some have even put it ahead of Fallout 3 and Fable 2, which is interesting.[/quote]

who?

Man OCT is looking great!!! CHRISTMAS IN OCT!

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Nice quality, well worth the 5 bucks to be honest. Hard cover, tons of pictures.[/quote]

Sweet. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Nice quality, well worth the 5 bucks to be honest. Hard cover, tons of pictures.[/QUOTE]

Is it the same artbook GS is giving away?

This game looks like it could be a sleeper hit. At this point I'm starting to wonder where I'm going to find money for all the great games in October and November.
So far October is looking like: dead space, rock band bundle, fable 2 LE, little big planet, socom, and fallout! Oh and I forgot about NBA live !

Alright this Ultra/Limited/Collector's Edition thing is getting out of hand...

http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/servlet/...cale=en_US&ThemeID=718200&productID=106790800

But only 1,000 copies are being made. Hrmmm....

• The Dead Space game:drool:
  • Special Ultra Limited Edition packaging:drool:
  • Dead Space Downfall Animated Movie (DVD):drool:
  • Bonus content DVD:drool:
  • Exclusive lithograph art:drool:
  • 160-pg Graphic novel:drool:
  • Ishimura crew patch:drool:

[quote name='Frogurt.man']Alright this Ultra/Limited/Collector's Edition thing is getting out of hand...

http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/servlet/...cale=en_US&ThemeID=718200&productID=106790800

[/quote]

in for 3, thankz!!! lol

[quote name='Frogurt.man']Alright this Ultra/Limited/Collector's Edition thing is getting out of hand...

[/QUOTE]
For $150? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pre-ordered at BB earlier today, and after browsing through the art book, (which is pretty good actually, top notch quality like others have said) I am actually pretty excited about the release.

Free DLC space suit for the first two weeks of release:

EA announced today that sci-fi survival horror game Dead Space is gold and ready to unleash screams starting October 14th in North America. Xbox 360 and PS3 players who purchase the game within the first two weeks of its release will be able to download console-specific space suits. Pre-orders from GameStop Online, EB Canada Online and "select" European retailers will receive the Scorpion suit. The suits feature a new look (seen above), along with "increased toughness and inventory slots."

deadspacesuits1.jpg

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/01/dead-space-goes-gold-free-dlc-suit-for-early-adopters/

Wait, this game comes out on the 14th? :shock:

I guess it got bumped up, because it used to be coming out on Halloween. I can't wait for this game though, it looks awesome.

[quote name='deadite76']Free DLC space suit for the first two weeks of release:[/quote]

Added to the first post, thanks.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Pre-ordered at BB earlier today, and after browsing through the art book, (which is pretty good actually, top notch quality like others have said) I am actually pretty excited about the release.[/quote]

Is it packed into one of those $5.00 preorder boxes? I might do that if it's same as Gamestop's artbook just so I can use my RZ certificates.

And that Scorpion suit looks awesome!! I want that more than the console suits.

this game looks VERY promising. the comic stuff got me more interested than i had been.
I might pick this up. theres just so much other stuff that i dont know if i can fit it in $-wise.

I watched all the gameplay trailers in the OP and the weapons look like they'll be satisfying to use (especially the remote chainsaw). The design team did a great job on the creepy atmosphere too.

Time to go clear everything from my GameFly list, and have only this in there for the next two weeks or so. I don't have enough money to buy it right now, so I'll need to GameFly it (and then buy it from there when I get money).

I had to do a double take just now asking "is this out yet?" cause on inside Xbox they already put an IGN Strategize episode for this. That doesn't make sense to do so for a game not out yet.

I am really getting pumped for this game. Has anybody heard how long of a game it is? I hope I will be able to play it and beat it before Fallout 3 comes out.

[quote name='darthbudge']I am really getting pumped for this game. Has anybody heard how long of a game it is? I hope I will be able to play it and beat it before Fallout 3 comes out.[/quote]

My plan as well! I'm gonna rent it using Blockbuster credit though since it can't be all that long and then Fallout 3 the next week.. :drool:

I never pre-order, but I went ahead and did so for Dead Space. I'm a big fan of sci-fi, and this game looks like it has atmosphere up the wazoo. It kind of reminds me of what Dark Sector was supposed to be before it got changed.

[quote name='Moxio']Wow, this is coming up pretty quickly. Why is this thread so desolate, then?[/quote]

no one knows :shock:

I just got done watching all 6 episodes of the Dead Space Animated Comic series. They were super awesome, anyone who is getting this game definately needs to go and watch it.

[quote name='$hady']My plan as well! I'm gonna rent it using Blockbuster credit though since it can't be all that long and then Fallout 3 the next week.. :drool:[/quote]

Fallout is two weeks after Dead Space

bread's done
Back