Dead Space - Gen. Discussion & Info

Got mine as well. Have you redeemed it yet? I don't want to use it only to find out that the suit isn't yet available for download and waste the code.

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']Got mine as well. Have you redeemed it yet? I don't want to use it only to find out that the suit isn't yet available for download and waste the code.[/quote]

Yeah I am wary to use it now as well. Doesn't hurt to wait until I come home with the game next week though.

[quote name='heimdal']This game has all the makings of a sleeper hit.[/quote]

sleeper hits dont have tv promos and magazine promos for a month straight.

i'm getting pretty excited about this game, looks like it'll be alot of fun! i'm hoping it will scare the bejeezus out of me.

anywho, picked up the preorder at BestBuy with the free art book, and its actually a neat little gift. great illustrations, and it just gets me more pumped for the game itself

[quote name='thrustbucket']Still no word on length?[/quote]

The IGN review stated that it takes roughly 12 hours to complete the game. Most likely give or take 2 hours to that depending on skill and difficulty.

I am getting excited about this game! I agree , the hype certainly is not there. Maybe it will be the sleeper hit of xmas in October?

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']Got mine as well. Have you redeemed it yet? I don't want to use it only to find out that the suit isn't yet available for download and waste the code.[/QUOTE]

How long ago did you preorder it? I preordered last week for the PS3 and haven't received mine.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']How long ago did you preorder it? I preordered last week for the PS3 and haven't received mine.[/quote]

I preordered Dead Space for the 360 on October 5th and got the Scorpion suit code on October 8th.

[quote name='Razzuel']I preordered Dead Space for the 360 on October 5th and got the Scorpion suit code on October 8th.[/QUOTE]

Did you preorder in-store?

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']sleeper hits dont have tv promos and magazine promos for a month straight.[/quote]

Well I've never seen any tv ads or even read any magazine so I wouldn't know.

I'm judging by the hype it generates from forums and such. People are talking a lot more about games such as Fallout 3 and LBP.

I preordered mine well over a month ago.

Yea, im looking at the gametrailers vids, this game looks awesome.

Its good to know its getting good to decent reviews. But, i wouldnt be surprised if Famitsu gave it a bad rating, becasue its Famitsu.

But yea, tomorrows the big day, HORRAY!!!!:bouncy::applause:...

[quote name='Maynard']Gamestop told me they're not getting this till Wednesday :([/quote]

Yeah I talked to the guys workin at Gamestop last week and asked if they had the game w/ the orange stickers, but it doesn't seem like one of those games. They have Fable II and said that Fallout 3 should be coming in soon.

Soooo now we wait. I preordered at Best Buy so I can use my RZ certificates so I guess I could buy the Scorpion suit for 200 points. Good thing it's not one of those things you can ONLY get by preordering.

I am kind of pissed

I pre-ordered from Gamestop just because of the Scorpion Suit

Just to found out you can buy it for 2.49 on PSN.

If i knew that i would have gotten it @ circuit city w $10 GC and just bought the dam thing !

[quote name='Maynard']Gamestop told me they're not getting this till Wednesday :([/quote]

Yea, i hate that. Theres a release date, and they put the game up the next day. Apperently, GS is supposed to call me, but with the past games ive put preorders down on, they never did call at all.

I guess if you dont pick up your game in a week, they start calling. Well, at least my copy is NEW NEW, not "we opened it to test the game for 3 days, then put it on the shelf to say its 'new', becasue were gamestop"...

Got it, but I'm on a lunch break so I can't play it till I get back from work. The art book is very nice, one of the nicest preorder gifts I've seen.

Reviews have piqued my interest. I won't buy it this year, but I'll probably grab it next year in a deal or off of goozex.

i preordered this at best buy near my house, but i will be out of town by tomorrow (when the ad says its out). anyone know if i can pick up my copy at another best buy?

[quote name='orntar']i preordered this at best buy near my house, but i will be out of town by tomorrow (when the ad says its out). anyone know if i can pick up my copy at another best buy?[/quote]

No can do. You can only pick up the game at the Best Buy you pre-ordered at. I think the details are on the pre-order cardboard box.

[quote name='knightsdwn']No can do. You can only pick up the game at the Best Buy you pre-ordered at. I think the details are on the pre-order cardboard box.[/quote]

sure is, thanks. that's pretty lame.

how bout if i want to get my preorder money back, are they going to ask for the art book back?

[quote name='orntar']sure is, thanks. that's pretty lame.

how bout if i want to get my preorder money back, are they going to ask for the art book back?[/quote]

No, ive always gotten pre order bonuses and never had to return them.

Dont bring it up. Just say you got it somewhere else, no questions asked.

Well I called TRU customer service and the rep said the game wasn't releasing until the 20th so who knows when the stores are getting the game.

I'm a huge fan of the horror/survival genre, but I'm gonna try my best and avoid an impulse purchase and hold on till atleast mid December. Can't see myself playing this with fable/fallout so close together.

I'd like to play it, but reviews have convinced me that it's probably only worth a rental now, then a purchase once it's under $30. I've heard it's really repetitive and not that scary, but still a solid action game. Hopefully I can rent it this weekend.

For people who got their copies, wanna let us know where you live just so we can gauge how far the distribution got today?

@Durrand - The game looks scary as shit to me. Granted, I am a complete pansy and the scariest game I've ever completed by myself was Bioshock (and it wasn't that bad).

I know that this game will probably scare the shit out of me at points, but I'm giving it a shot today. If worse comes to worse, I'll just re-instate my survivor horror rule of not playing past ~7pm (or, I suppose ~5pm now that it's Fall and close to the end of Daylight Savings Time) :cool:

I'll be giving this a shot today with the same rules x has. Ever since fatal frame 2 I can't play these games at night anymore.

[quote name='javeryh']10 solid hours is the perfect length for an adventure game.[/quote]

Just expensive at 60 dollars. I hope gamefly sends this to me!

bread's done
Back