20% Off All In-Stock New Wii/DS Games $29.99+ at GameStop

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[rightimg]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=5838&pictureid=15025[/rightimg]Use coupon codes GS20 (and SAVER) to get 20% off all in-stock new Wii & DS games $29.99 and up (and free shipping). Offer ends 5/31 and is available online only. In addition to the coupon savings, there are a bunch of Wii & DS games on sale that include credit bonuses.

Some highlights (price reflects discount):

:wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2 $39.99 + $20 credit
:wii: New Super Mario Bros. Wii $27.99 + $10 credit
:wii: Mario Kart Wi $31.99 + $10 credit
:wii: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars $31.99 + $10 credit
:wii: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa $27.99 + $10 credit
:wii: Cabela's Monster Buck Hunter with Gun $31.99 + $10 credit
:ds: Pokemon SoulSilver $31.99
:ds: Pokemon HeartGold $31.99[SIZE=-1]

[/SIZE]
icongs_r1.gif
More Wii & DS games from GameStop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FadeToOne']If they do match it, they are going to be getting a harshly worded email from me, at the very least.[/QUOTE]

Why? Don't cry just because you missed out on a potential sale.

This is making me rethink wanting to preorder stuff. However, honestly, given that GS's shipping would take longer than my Prime, that they charge tax, and that I got a $5 MP3 download with my Amazon order, it really evens out despite the ten dollar price difference.

Still, had I ordered from GS this time around, I'd be ordering Tatsunoko right now. C'mon Amazon. Do me a solid and match it up.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Why? Don't cry just because you missed out on a potential sale.[/QUOTE]

Because dropping the price $10 3 days after release is pretty ridiculous, and as the post above notes, I will reconsider preorder anything in the future. If the game was out for several weeks, fine, I missed out on a sale.

If people don't complain, there's never going to be a solution to the problem. It'd be like being stuck with Obama after Obama and just living with it because we don't feel like complaining.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Because dropping the price $10 3 days after release is pretty ridiculous, and as the post above notes, I will reconsider preorder anything in the future. If the game was out for several weeks, fine, I missed out on a sale.

If people don't complain, there's never going to be a solution to the problem. It'd be like being stuck with Obama after Obama and just living with it because we don't feel like complaining.[/QUOTE]

Please, let's not bring up politics... I agree with you but I really don't want to get into a political debate with people on a gaming site.

On topic: Just picked up SMG2 for myself - I can't believe that a Nintendo game is on sale this soon after it came out. Everyone is calling it the best game on the Wii too, they must really want to take Amazon's business away from them.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Because dropping the price $10 3 days after release is pretty ridiculous, and as the post above notes, I will reconsider preorder anything in the future. If the game was out for several weeks, fine, I missed out on a sale.

If people don't complain, there's never going to be a solution to the problem. It'd be like being stuck with Obama after Obama and just living with it because we don't feel like complaining.[/QUOTE]

I can see it being annoying, but I really don't think it's a problem at all. In fact It's a good thing. I pre-ordered from Amazon and am perfectly content with a $20 credit.

This is an awesome deal for anyone that didnt get it yet, and as you said you could just wait for sales and price drops instead of pre-ordering if you're that concerned about it.

I don't mean to be a dick, I'm just saying that if you must have it immediately or just don't want to wait long to play it, you're going to end up paying more than people that wait.

Anyway having said that, if Amazon does match, I'll probably shoot them an email anyway to try for a price adjustment. Never hurts to try! I really dont know if they'll match the SMG2 deal though. I don't think they have the balls.

Anytime you order something you take the risk that it will drop in price at any time. (conversely it could go up - I don't see anyone offering to pay amazon more for mass effect 2 CE when it got super rare. ). So stop bitching.

People are just complaining that we now live in an upside-down wonderworld wherein a great deal can always be followed closely by an even greater deal. Which is sort of a strange thing to complain about, in the long run, even if you missed out on the super-deal this time around (which I did, without regrets).

[quote name='ShockandAww']I can see it being annoying, but I really don't think it's a problem at all. In fact It's a good thing. I pre-ordered from Amazon and am perfectly content with a $20 credit.

This is an awesome deal for anyone that didnt get it yet, and as you said you could just wait for sales and price drops instead of pre-ordering if you're that concerned about it.

I don't mean to be a dick, I'm just saying that if you must have it immediately or just don't want to wait long to play it, you're going to end up paying more than people that wait.

Anyway having said that, if Amazon does match, I'll probably shoot them an email anyway to try for a price adjustment. Never hurts to try! I really dont know if they'll match the SMG2 deal though. I don't think they have the balls.[/QUOTE]

I generally agree with you, but it would be THREE DAYS since release at this point. If they were to (hypothetically at this point) drop the price that quickly, it's just a big FU to the consumers who bought it already--many of which, including me, who I suspect have yet to open it. I just wish they held onto their 30 day guarantee like most retailers.

I'm perfectly happy with my purchase from Amazon if they choose not to match gamestop. If they did however, that's just irritating.

[quote name='mokmoof']People are just complaining that we now live in an upside-down wonderworld wherein a great deal can always be followed closely by an even greater deal. Which is sort of a strange thing to complain about, in the long run, even if you missed out on the super-deal this time around (which I did, without regrets).[/QUOTE]

Exactly, it's already an upside-down world where Gamestop actually has *deals*

crying_baby.jpg

Well thanks OP, my daughter (& um, me) will be really psyched when she gets this for her birthday. I was going to pass but this deal is too good to pass up. BTW they charged me 2.36 for tax for New Mexico delivery.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I generally agree with you, but it would be THREE DAYS since release at this point. If they were to (hypothetically at this point) drop the price that quickly, it's just a big FU to the consumers who bought it already--many of which, including me, who I suspect have yet to open it. I just wish they held onto their 30 day guarantee like most retailers.[/QUOTE]

I don't see the problem with their policy. You bought the game at a price you obviously agreed was reasonable. You can return and rebuy if you care about a few dollars that much.

I am used to the trend of seeing a game NOT drop in price or be on sale for a must buy price so soon after release. If these price wars continue between retailers, it seems the best way to save more money on new release games is to not pre-order them. The examples are SMG2, 3D Dot Game Heroes, SSF4 and RDR.

Back on topic. SMG2 for $39.99 with a $20 coupon is great deal for a Nintendo first party title. I don't think it would drop even more, but who knows because GS has been quite unpredictable in a good way.

Last edited by a moderator:
HOLY fuckING CRAP!

If these keeps up I am going to be Super Mario Pauper. Now that I have one $20 credit, who knows how long I am going to keep going like dominoes on these things...

Hmmm $31.99 for Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom and $10 credit seems too good to pass up. Got to assemble my monies and see what I can do.

[quote name='Aleman']I don't see the problem with their policy. You bought the game at a price you obviously agreed was reasonable. You can return and rebuy if you care about a few dollars that much.[/QUOTE]

It's that kind of "bend over and take it" attitude that's wrong with the world. :bouncy:

[quote name='FadeToOne']It's that kind of "bend over and take it" attitude that's wrong with the world. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I don't see how this is "bend over and take it" at all. You bought something at an agreed upon price. They are free to change the price in the future without refunding you the difference. There is nothing illegal or unethical about it, and if anything, not having a 30 day price guarantee policy probably makes it easier for them (Gamestop, Amazon, etc.) to do these frequent sales. With the 30 day guarantee I bet they would tend to just wait longer to start dropping prices (e.g., 30+ days after release), since games usually sell the most near the release date.

Just don't buy games until you think the price is fair. These are video games after all, you don't need them.

[quote name='Aleman']I don't see how this is "bend over and take it" at all. You bought something at an agreed upon price. They are free to change the price in the future without refunding you the difference. There is nothing illegal or unethical about it, and if anything, not having a 30 day price guarantee policy probably makes it easier for them (Gamestop, Amazon, etc.) to do these frequent sales. With the 30 day guarantee I bet they would tend to just wait longer to start dropping prices (e.g., 30+ days after release), since games usually sell the most near the release date.

Just don't buy games until you think the price is fair. These are video games after all, you don't need them. [/QUOTE]
Exactly. These same people complaining now were probably talking about how good a deal it was a week ago. They obviously thought it was a good deal or they wouldn't have bought it, right? They should charge them more if they raise the price in the future.

But it's waste of time to speak logically to these people when it's clear they lack common sense.

[quote name='hiljay'] URMRGAY2.[/QUOTE]

what a wonderful world it would have been....

also i really want Tatsunoko vs Capcom, but it won't let me apply my $10 credit from last month to the order.

Just picked up SMG2 and Mario Kart DS (and another rechargeable battery) all for about $8 (I had @ $75 in credit).

Bend over and take it? Christ dude you are a crybaby consumer. These are video games we're talking about not electricity. Amazon isn't forcing you to buy anything.

[quote name='FadeToOne']It's that kind of "bend over and take it" attitude that's wrong with the world. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

That term only applies if one party is being forced to do something.

You weren't forced to by Super Mario Galaxy 2 for $50. Get over it.

I do not have to say it because others have already, but I want to.
You are wrong, so very wrong.

How do you get the free shipping because it will not let me. Taxes and the cheapest shipping method only make it $4 cheaper then Amazon.

[quote name='JPCERTIFIED']How do you get the free shipping because it will not let me. Taxes and the cheapest shipping method only make it $4 cheaper then Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Use the coupon code SAVER for free value shipping.

there wasn't even a price drop on SMG2, it's still $49.99

There's just a coupon code now. Even the 25deal off was active Sunday before it didn't work anymore. that would have made it $37.50

[quote name='frpilot']there wasn't even a price drop on SMG2, it's still $49.99

There's just a coupon code now. Even the 25deal off was active Sunday before it didn't work anymore. that would have made it $37.50[/QUOTE]

sup homie. read the OP. GS20 gives you 20% off any wii above 29.99. the 25DEAL was a great deal...for people that wanted to order at least $100 worth of stuff.

with saver and gs20, URMRGAY2 is only $39.99.

I have never bought from gamestop before, where am I supposed to see the credit? It doesn't show it in my cart (I see the $10 saved and free shipping). Do I have to create an account to see it?

[quote name='reallynotnick']I have never bought from gamestop before, where am I supposed to see the credit? It doesn't show it in my cart (I see the $10 saved and free shipping). Do I have to create an account to see it?[/QUOTE]

They send it to you via email after your order ships, so yeah, sounds like you need to have an account set up.

So...I was happy that Mario Galaxy 2 is out 'cause that meant Mario Galaxy 1 would probably go down in price. You're telling me that with this promotion the second game is now cheaper than the first?...gosh darn it.
Either way, thanks CheapyD.

[quote name='hiljay']sup homie. read the OP. GS20 gives you 20% off any wii above 29.99. the 25DEAL was a great deal...for people that wanted to order at least $100 worth of stuff.

with saver and gs20, URMRGAY2 is only $39.99.[/QUOTE]

This is too much. What is U R Mr. Gay 2?

They didn't drop the price. It's a promo code you idiot.

and lol@ "stuck with Obama". You're retarded.

[quote name='dugbrandon']This is too much. What is U R Mr. Gay 2?[/QUOTE]

if you look at the cover of Super Mario Galaxy, some of the letters in the title have a star in their outline, those letters are U R M R G A Y. just a funny coincidence that it spells UR MR GAY. (they changed the letters in 2, now its URMILY, not as funny)

Get your fucking political agenda out of CAG and back to your trailer park where you are constantly getting bent over by your fellow trash.

NSMB is now back to $34.99. I'm guessing GS realized $27.99 was much too decent a price for a Mario game. I was going to get it too, I had a $20 off coupon code. Sure, it's only like $7 more than the price before but I'm being that stingy. ;p

[quote name='ArQuesta']NSMB is now back to $34.99. I'm guessing GS realized $27.99 was much too decent a price for a Mario game. I was going to get it too, I had a $20 off coupon code. Sure, it's only like $7 more than the price before but I'm being that stingy. ;p[/QUOTE]

That's the original price. Apply GS20 and it's $28. Am I missing something?

[quote name='Vangerdahast'] BTW they charged me 2.36 for tax for New Mexico delivery.[/QUOTE]

i got the same for Wisconsin and it kinda kills the deal. for me amazon wins, cause i'll just use my $20 credit from RDR. great deal though. Thanks cheapy!

[quote name='FadeToOne']Because dropping the price $10 3 days after release is pretty ridiculous, and as the post above notes, I will reconsider preorder anything in the future.[/QUOTE]
And this is why I haven't pre-ordered anything a in while.

[quote name='FadeToOne']If people don't complain, there's never going to be a solution to the problem.[/QUOTE]
Kind of reminds me of the one Simpsons episode with Clinton and Lisa's complaint.

[quote name='FadeToOne']If people don't complain, there's never going to be a solution to the problem. It'd be like being stuck with Obama after Obama and just living with it because we don't feel like complaining.[/QUOTE]
Huh? That seems like an unfinished sentence... "stuck with Obama after Obama"?

[quote name='GreatDoink']Please, let's not bring up politics... I agree with you but I really don't want to get into a political debate with people on a gaming site.[/QUOTE]
Yes, it could turn ugly.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I generally agree with you, but it would be THREE DAYS since release at this point. If they were to (hypothetically at this point) drop the price that quickly, it's just a big FU to the consumers who bought it already--many of which, including me, who I suspect have yet to open it. I just wish they held onto their 30 day guarantee like most retailers.[/QUOTE]
You're what they call a "price taker".

[quote name='FadeToOne']I'm perfectly happy with my purchase from Amazon if they choose not to match gamestop. If they did however, that's just irritating.
[/QUOTE]
Then what's with all the bitching?

[quote name='y2jasper']if you look at the cover of Super Mario Galaxy, some of the letters in the title have a star in their outline, those letters are U R M R G A Y. just a funny coincidence that it spells UR MR GAY. (they changed the letters in 2, now its URMILY, not as funny)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the explanation. Only a recent Wii owner so never inspected the covers of these games. The star on SMG2 looks like it could be on the "A" or the "L".

[quote name='bob330i']That's the original price. Apply GS20 and it's $28. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]
You can't apply GS20 and the $20 credit in the same transaction. It's one or another, not both.

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']You can't apply GS20 and the $20 credit in the same transaction. It's one or another, not both.[/QUOTE]

I know. NSMB will be order #2 once I get the code and I won't apply GS20. Still works out cheaper than applying GS20 twice.

So for $55 plus tax I get SMG2 and NSMB and a $10 code leftover all bought with trade in credit. Pretty good I say.

[quote name='bob330i']That's the original price. Apply GS20 and it's $28. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

you're not. reading just isn't easy for some people.

bread's done
Back