20% Off All In-Stock New Wii/DS Games $29.99+ at GameStop

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[rightimg]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=5838&pictureid=15025[/rightimg]Use coupon codes GS20 (and SAVER) to get 20% off all in-stock new Wii & DS games $29.99 and up (and free shipping). Offer ends 5/31 and is available online only. In addition to the coupon savings, there are a bunch of Wii & DS games on sale that include credit bonuses.

Some highlights (price reflects discount):

:wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2 $39.99 + $20 credit
:wii: New Super Mario Bros. Wii $27.99 + $10 credit
:wii: Mario Kart Wi $31.99 + $10 credit
:wii: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars $31.99 + $10 credit
:wii: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa $27.99 + $10 credit
:wii: Cabela's Monster Buck Hunter with Gun $31.99 + $10 credit
:ds: Pokemon SoulSilver $31.99
:ds: Pokemon HeartGold $31.99[SIZE=-1]

[/SIZE]
icongs_r1.gif
More Wii & DS games from GameStop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought most of these games from Amazon recently with the bonuses, so I'm in the same boat as everyone else.

But to be honest, I love this trend. Gamestop is FINALLY stepping up as the largest game retailer and giving customers something to be excited about. Amazon has some competition, and it only can get better for us if this continues.

Sure, it sucks when my wallet can't handle this - but it's a nice problem to have!

Gamestop is just going bonkers right now...it's nuts.

[quote name='BigBizzee']I bought most of these games from Amazon recently with the bonuses, so I'm in the same boat as everyone else.

But to be honest, I love this trend. Gamestop is FINALLY stepping up as the largest game retailer and giving customers something to be excited about. Amazon has some competition, and it only can get better for us if this continues.

Sure, it sucks when my wallet can't handle this - but it's a nice problem to have!

Gamestop is just going bonkers right now...it's nuts.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry I ordered from Amazon, they are holding my SMG 2 hostage because I used free shipping, I really wish I had waited and gone the GS way. Oh well I will think twice before ordering anything from amazon again after I use my 20 credit.:(

QUESTION! I ordered 3D Dot Hero for 29.99, got the $10 free credit when I e-mailed (since I was waiting more than a day, what can I say, I'm a brat) 20 minutes later I received another e-mail with another $10 coupon.

I'm trying to get Galaxy 2 with GS20 and one of my codes, but it doesnt seem to be combining. Does anyone know if you're allowed to combine 2 different credits (and if it shows that it applied asap?)

[quote name='BrooklynZoo']QUESTION! I ordered 3D Dot Hero for 29.99, got the $10 free credit when I e-mailed (since I was waiting more than a day, what can I say, I'm a brat) 20 minutes later I received another e-mail with another $10 coupon.

I'm trying to get Galaxy 2 with GS20 and one of my codes, but it doesnt seem to be combining. Does anyone know if you're allowed to combine 2 different credits (and if it shows that it applied asap?)[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can do either. Either 1 credit or 1 coupon. Or 1 credit over another (if I'm not mistaken)

Thanks man, appreciate the quick response. Just so i'm cleared, even if I'm accruing multiple GS credits, none can be combined? thats kinda wack.

thanks, again!:applause:

Never pre-ordering anything ever again the way the game world is going... oh well, will just help me make sure to work through some backlog anyways.

So I ran into a problem. I was trying to order this with my Visa and GS Gift Cards that both add up to $40. I didn't account for tax though which pushed it above that amount. I'm assuming my order will be cancelled then?

I'm going to attempt to add the rest of the funds to my gift card or another GS gift card as I don't want to press my luck and wait for an online code to process.

Got this game for $30 something shipped, i got a price adjustment from the UFC 10 dollar code. So lets see if that'll work because they said they will give me the 10 dollar difference.

I just ordered Super Mario Galaxy 2 using GS20 and SAVER promo codes for $43.89 shipped. Getting the $20 credit on top of that makes this an incredible deal.

I wish I had waited to get NSMBWii. I bought it used with 25% off last week. It came in some crappy case without instructions.. I wish I had got this!

Hmm I think I'll probably order SMG2

[quote name='BrooklynZoo']Thanks man, appreciate the quick response. Just so i'm cleared, even if I'm accruing multiple GS credits, none can be combined? thats kinda wack.

thanks, again!:applause:[/QUOTE]

That's the trade off with amazon. I believe you're able to stack codes there. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

I find this a pretty good deal since I don't see it going lower than $40 for some time.
1) It's first party. Look at all the first party Nintendo titles...
2) The original SMG is still $40+ new on amazon.
3) $20 Credit
4) Temporary sale via coupon.

Good lord i really didn't want to get SMG2 before beating the first but at that price it's not really possible to say no. I hope i get my $20 GC asap so i can order NSMB for $8 and get trade in credit to boot... good lord this sale is nuts.

Quick question, I know that this 20% doesnt stack with the $10 off credits people have been getting, but does anyone know if those credits stack with each other? (like 2 $10 credits stacking on the same game)

the general rule is that gamestop credits don't stack for shit except for free shipping.

which is why all things being equal, amazon credit is better.

[quote name='confoosious']the general rule is that gamestop credits don't stack for shit except for free shipping.

which is why all things being equal, amazon credit is better.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Ill keep that in mind. thanks.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']I wish I had waited to get NSMBWii. I bought it used with 25% off last week. It came in some crappy case without instructions.. I wish I had got this!

Hmm I think I'll probably order SMG2[/QUOTE]

Return it at your local GS or trade it in using the 50% bonus coupon at GS. Then return SMG2. You should profit using the latter method.

I used the 25OFF codes a couple weeks ago and traded in NSMB on Monday and got $40 credit ($25 base + 50% coupon + 10% edge) to buy SMG2 with yesterday. Only had to cough up tax and I'll grab NSMB again new when my $20 code arrives.

[quote name='bob330i']Return it at your local GS or trade it in using the 50% bonus coupon at GS. Then return SMG2. You should profit using the latter method.

I used the 25OFF codes a couple weeks ago and traded in NSMB on Monday and got $40 credit ($25 base + 50% coupon + 10% edge) to buy SMG2 with yesterday. Only had to cough up tax and I'll grab NSMB again new when my $20 code arrives.[/QUOTE]

you don't have to resort to such games to get your money back.

It trades in for $35 with current 30% + 10% edge. Just get your credit and order a new copy.

So when I get my SMG 2 $20 credit

I can use it on NSMB but i can only use credit or the 20% off, not both combined?

SO i guess it would be $34.99- $20 credit = $14.99 + tax. Still a decent deal i guess

plus getting the $10 credit after

those of you upset that your ordered SMG2 through amazon need to realize that once you factor in the free tax on on it with the free tax on the game you use the $20 on it's pretty much the same.

Here is an example: Let's say you're buying galaxy 2 and using the $20 on metroid other M.

GS:galaxy 2 $49.99 -20% = 40.01 + tax (8.75 CA) = 43.51
metroid other M $49.99 + tax = 54.36 - $20 promo = 34.36

total =$77.87

Amazon:

Galaxy 2 $49.99
Metroid other M $49.99 - $20 = $29.99

total =$ 79.98

Would you have waited a few days just to save $2?

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']those of you upset that your ordered SMG2 through amazon need to realize that once you factor in the free tax on on it with the free tax on the game you use the $20 on it's pretty much the same.[/QUOTE]
You know, some states have no sale tax.

[quote name='knotfan123']just curious....is the $20 credit good for instore as well as online?[/QUOTE]

Nope, good online only.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']doesn't gs.com charge tax no matter where it's shipping to?[/QUOTE]

No, they can't charge you a state sales tax to ship to a state that doesn't collect sales tax. Which state do you think they would give it to? I live in OR so I don't pay tax for any online store. Having said that, I still hope Amazon wins their case.

damn. got galaxy from amazon for list +$20 credit. and just got mario kart from gamestop for a few dollars more. i suppose i could order again and return the copy with the more expensive receipt... don't know if it's worth the trouble to save $4+tax though.

and i agree that it's lame that the gamestop credit coupons don't stack with their regular coupons. i don't really consider it to be a credit if it gets accessed via coupon code. a credit should be applied directly to the account. i have $30 in credit i haven't been able to use because my orders have all used coupons.

edit: seems i can't re-buy mario kart because only one is allowed per household

[quote name='cheapomonkey']and i agree that it's lame that the gamestop credit coupons don't stack with their regular coupons. i don't really consider it to be a credit if it gets accessed via coupon code. a credit should be applied directly to the account. i have $30 in credit i haven't been able to use because my orders have all used coupons.
[/QUOTE]

You CAN use your gamestop credit online with the coupon code. You just need the card gift number and the 4 digit pin located at the back of you edge card.

I got a confirm email saying that SMG2 shipped. how long does it typically take to receive the coupon code? I want to use it for another Wii game before the 20% code expires (GS20).

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I got a confirm email saying that SMG2 shipped. how long does it typically take to receive the coupon code? I want to use it for another Wii game before the 20% code expires (GS20).[/QUOTE]

From previous posts it doesn't sound like you can stack your coupon code with GS20. :cold:

That's one reason why I haven't jumped on it. I don't want to waste $20 coupon code on a full price game... I won't end up actually saving any money

[quote name='eau']You know, some states have no sale tax.[/QUOTE]

If you want to be really correct...most state that have sales tax you are required to pay use tax as well.

[quote name='mrpeabody']Is there really a $20 credit for SMG2? I don't see it on the site.[/QUOTE]

Yes there is. It can be seen on the home page and it's also listed as "Bonus" when you go the game's page.

Just ordered it myself and I am glad that I did not order from Amazon even though I came really really close to doing it.

Question: what happens if you return the game but already used the coupon? because i might just return the game is GS doesnt price match RDR for :ps3:

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I got a confirm email saying that SMG2 shipped. how long does it typically take to receive the coupon code? I want to use it for another Wii game before the 20% code expires (GS20).[/QUOTE]

Seems like there's a long delay in getting the promotonal credit codes from Gamestop. Two of my orders was already delivered and still no codes! Customer service claim there is currently a problem with their system and that it should be straighten out in the next few days. It's already a few days and still no codes.

Just got a call from Gamestop. They were checking to see if I was a fraudulent buyer. I suppose it doesn't hurt too much to have to make a phone call but I've never had to call back Amazon or other online stores before to prove I'm a "real" buyer :roll:. Can't wait for SMG2.

[quote name='leopaw']Seems like there's a long delay in getting the promotonal credit codes from Gamestop. Two of my orders was already delivered and still no codes! Customer service claim there is currently a problem with their system and that it should be straighten out in the next few days. It's already a few days and still no codes.[/QUOTE]

That's not very encouraging I have to admit. The whole reason I ordered from Gamestop was because of the code and getting the GS20 discount. They better work on getting those codes soon. :bomb:

[quote name='FireWarrior']That's not very encouraging I have to admit. The whole reason I ordered from Gamestop was because of the code and getting the GS20 discount. They better work on getting those codes soon. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

exactly GS fucks us again. if the codes arrived in a timely fashion AND could be stacked AND be used as a credit/NOT coupon for certain things, THEN it would be better than Amazon since GS also has discount codes every so often. now I'm just waiting for Amazon to PM Wario Land for Wii...

[quote name='Gamer SDP']exactly GS fucks us again. if the codes arrived in a timely fashion AND could be stacked AND be used as a credit/NOT coupon for certain things, THEN it would be better than Amazon since GS also has discount codes every so often. now I'm just waiting for Amazon to PM Wario Land for Wii...[/QUOTE]

Although they don't stack they also expire in 2 or 3 years, while the Amazon credits expire after 2 or 3 months.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Although they don't stack they also expire in 2 or 3 years, while the Amazon credits expire after 2 or 3 months.[/QUOTE]

I know but that doesn't really bother me, so I guess I basically listed the pros/cons in my opinion (also I get charged tax at both). plus I can always use Amazon's vg credits on point cards and sell them so I don't take a loss.

[quote name='appleyum']From previous posts it doesn't sound like you can stack your coupon code with GS20. :cold:[/QUOTE]

I was able to use an old $10 credit I had on top of the GS20 code when I ordered Monster Hunter Tri and No More Heroes 2. I got this particular credit last year with Metroid Prime Trilogy(they ran out of posters even though I preordered so they gave me the credit instead). I had to dig it out of my email from last year but I just typed in the code in the same place I typed in "GS20" and "SAVER" and it stacked on top of the others. Order came out to $58 and change after tax.

Not sure if where/how I got the credit matters since that's the first one I ever used as I usually don't shop at GS.com anymore. Just thought I'd mention it though. ;)

Super Mario Gamaxy for $20? Geeeeeez. I'll probably pick up Wet and something else with the credit.
How long is this deal active? I'll probably jump on it.

[quote name='estofan']You CAN use your gamestop credit online with the coupon code. You just need the card gift number and the 4 digit pin located at the back of you edge card.[/QUOTE]

i don't have an edge card. it only seems worthwhile if you buy used games, which i don't.

[quote name='david12795']Question: what happens if you return the game but already used the coupon? because i might just return the game is GS doesnt price match RDR for :ps3:[/QUOTE]

So can anybody answer my question? :D

I got my Galaxy 2 credit a few hours ago! Ordered it maybe two days ago. Also, Gamestop.com may honestly be becoming my new fave online retailer. I e-mailed to ask about the status of my online credit codes (two $10 from two copies of New SMB Wii and one $20 one from Galaxy 2), and I got a response from a customer service rep who gave me two $20 codes instead!

...and then shortly after that, I got a second $20 credit for my Galaxy 2 order! :D It must have automatically come even after I was manually given the first code. Best deal I've gotten in a long time.

I just got my $20 credit for SMG2 as well. I tried applying it to another order with GS20 and it didn't take. Not sure why I was allowed to use that other $10 credit with GS20 on a previous order.

[quote name='MrYucko']I just got my $20 credit for SMG2 as well. I tried applying it to another order with GS20 and it didn't take. Not sure why I was allowed to use that other $10 credit with GS20 on a previous order.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the code wasn't subject to the fixes they made when people were stacking (was it last month?)...

Anyway...Saved 4.15 over amazon, ~$32 retail.

Bought SMG2 and Mario Kart Wii

In case anyone was interested Metroid Prime Trilogy comes out to $33.99 used after 2d15 coupon code. If you can't find it at your local sears on clearance I doubt you'll find a better price ever.

Can you use multiple of the $10 off coupon codes on a single order? I'm thinking about buying some games, but I don't want to if getting 3-4 games with $10 codes means I'm obligated to place 3-4 future orders with gamestop to use them.

bread's done
Back