20% off coupon for DeepDiscount.com - 06/06/08 to 06/22/08, Extended to 06/29/08

They shipped my last item today....it was on backorder, and if you add it to the shopping cart, it still shows up as out of stock. I guess they got just enough stock in to fill some orders and I was lucky enough to have my order be one of those they filled.

another 20% off coupon code, didn't know if i should make a new thread for it, but "mike" also gets you 20% off deep discount (a Mike & Mike in the Morning promo)

this was my final order for this deal.....

Quantity Item # Description Price Status
-------- ------------ ----------------------------------- ---------- ---------
1 ATA002342 4 TIER ADJUSTABLE MULTI MEDIA SHE $ 23.08 In-stock
1 FUN008207 DVD : GUNSLINGER GIRL BOX SET $ 19.67 In-stock
1 MBI007398 DVD : MACHINE GIRL, THE $ 10.79 Backorder

Merchandise Total: $ 53.54
Tax: $ .00
Shipping & Processing: $ .00

Total for this Order: $ 53.54

Yeah I did too. Not sure if all the coupon codes work after the 22nd, but the one in the e-mail was 'SUMMERSALE' in case not all of them are extended.

[quote name='graf1k']Yeah I did too. Not sure if all the coupon codes work after the 22nd, but the one in the e-mail was 'SUMMERSALE' in case not all of them are extended.[/quote]
I'm sure all the coupon codes will still work, they all do the same thing, they're different because Deep Discount wants to know where people found out about the sale.

I got:

Rififi (Criterion Collection)

Thieves' Highway (Criterion Collection)

Night and the City (Criterion Collection)

Brute Force (Criterion Collection)

Ace in the Hole (Criterion Collection)

The Third Man (Criterion Collection)

Double Idemnity (Special Edition)

Zodiac (Special Edition)

The Conformist (Extended Cut)

$175.60

ordered on the 7th, Shipped on the 9th but still have not received jack. Man this is some long ass shipping. I don't know any carrier that ships in more than ten days. DD must just print the shipping labels but not send them til a couple of days pass just to charge your CC. Only logical explanation for this huge shipping delay.

[quote name='sparklecopy']ordered on the 7th, Shipped on the 9th but still have not received jack. Man this is some long ass shipping. I don't know any carrier that ships in more than ten days. DD must just print the shipping labels but not send them til a couple of days pass just to charge your CC. Only logical explanation for this huge shipping delay.[/quote]

Id have to agree

[quote name='sparklecopy']ordered on the 7th, Shipped on the 9th but still have not received jack. Man this is some long ass shipping. I don't know any carrier that ships in more than ten days. DD must just print the shipping labels but not send them til a couple of days pass just to charge your CC. Only logical explanation for this huge shipping delay.[/quote]

ditto,still waiting for my order that shipped on 6/6...but as long as it gets here (doesn't get lost,stolen,etc.) I could care less....

Wasn't there a way to get an additional 4% off by using like an Microsoft equivalent of Google checkout? Could have sworn I remembered reading that but I see no option.

It was a few pages back, at least. I never figured out how to make it work, I don't think-- I tried placing 2 orders through it and never got any sort of confirmation email (That it implies you'll get) and nothing shows up in my purchase history at this time. Hrrrm.

As for orders, 2 of mine (from 6/4,shipped 6/6; and 6/8 shipping 6/9) arrived today, together. So a bit over 2 weeks-- actually faster than some DD orders of late. ;)

[quote name='sdp']was it indeed extended until the 29th or should I order tomorrow€?[/QUOTE]

Yep, SUPERSALE coupon works till the 29th.

[quote name='eastx']Yep, SUPERSALE coupon works till the 29th.[/quote]

Just that one or all the codes?

Also, how about the sale on books?

That is so fucking lame. A bunch of the books I had wanted went out of stock, or discontinued, or whatever they call it for no reason. Oh well, money saved I guess..

Well I got my DVDs today in the mail. I ordered 2 backorder DVD boxsets on the 6th and on the 7th they were "shipped".

I think I will order some additional DVDs...The price is right and they arent HORRIBLY slow....just really slow.

Couple more orders came in today....

Story Of A Prostitute: The Criterion Collection (used my fiancee's CC & got with $10 off GCO)
Those Magnificent Men And THeir Flying Machines (my fiancee bought for me, she wanted me to see it)
Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (my fiancee's)

My first order - just "The Return of Swamp Thing" DVD - was placed on June 12. It arrived today, June 23. Not too shabby.

Phew... over the course of this sale, I placed a total of 4 orders (3 mine, for a relative) and 5 shipments (1 backordered item shipped seperately). I also got a couple things from amazon and TRSI recently.

Today, all but 1 of the boxes I was expecting arrived- the mailman had to knock and unload directly to me. 5 boxes and 2 padded envelopes total. It went like this:

"Ok, this one's for here... this one's here... this one's here... man, what have you been up to?"
"There was a sale!"
"I can tell!"

:D

Did anyone else have something shipped on 6/6 and STILL not receive it? I've dealt with DD in the past so I know it usually takes 2 weeks,but now I'm worried if anything was left on my front door and stolen...If I don't receive by friday mid-day I'll call customer service regarding this....

Just for reference:
6/14 Ordered Clerks 2
6/16 got email that it shipped
6/24 received movie

As a comparison:
6/12 Ordered Blade Runner, 3:10 to Yuma and I Am Legend
6/16 got email that BR shipped
6/18 got email that 3:10 shipped
6/23 got email that IAL shipped
6/25 received BOTH BR and 3:10 in the same box! They lied on 6/16!!! Out of curiosity I checked the USPS DC # and it says it arrived at my house at 6 AM and checking the details to see when they shipped crashes IE. Presuming they shipped 6/18 means 7 days to get from Florida to Atlanta.

Item went to ship faster from DD, but took longer in transit.

Thanks again OP!

6/6 is a long time even for them or media mail.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Got both of my packages today. They shipped on the 17th and 18th.[/QUOTE]

You must live next door to their warehouse...

Got some of my order, and one of the DVDs - Double Indemnity - was completely smashed. :bomb:

Oh, well. They're good with exchanges.

I placed my order on the 21st, and got my stuff today.

How do you use google checkout with this multiple times? Buy.com keeps cancelling my order when I try to use the $10 google checkout on top of this.

[quote name='Stealthcat']How do you use google checkout with this multiple times? Buy.com keeps cancelling my order when I try to use the $10 google checkout on top of this.[/quote]

You used to be able to use it a few times by just changing your email address, but people here might have 196 credit cards and that works.

Heh, a bit of a late entry this time around. I took the extension as a sign that I should bite the bullet and order Samurai Jack S4. As was expected, everything is backordered at this point. Oh, well. I'm in no hurry.

1 COL011896 DVD : FINAL FANTASY 7-ADVENT CHIL $ 11.41 In-stock
1 MBI000806 DVD : KITE LIBERATOR $ 11.32 Backorder
1 MCA023957 DVD : LOST IN TRANSLATION (WS) $ 7.10 Backorder
1 WBD007820 DVD : SAMURAI JACK-4TH SEASON $ 19.18 Backorder

I still haven't ordered yet....

I think all I'm getting is...
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension!!!

:)

My last order...

BLR : HELLBOY $ 16.94 In-stock
BLR : DOCTOR STRANGE $ 17.06 In-stock
DVD : ZEBRAMAN $ 9.83 Backorder
BLR : CLOVERFIELD $ 18.26 In-stock

And BTW, the live-action Devilman was pretty bad. :(

[quote name='bigdaddy']You used to be able to use it a few times by just changing your email address, but people here might have 196 credit cards and that works.[/QUOTE]

I used four credit cards and four email addresses and three out of four orders cancelled. I was very disappointed.

How long has it taken for you guys to receive your first shipping confirmation this sale? A ton of items I want are on backorder, but I made one order of on in-stock items and I haven't received any shipping notice.

1st order:
1 COL021263 DVD : RESCUE ME-4TH SEASON $ 23.91 In-stock
1 RHE080520 DVD : SECRET WORLD OF ALEX MAC-1S $ 8.37 In-stock
1 XBO402240 XBOX 360: MSFT WRLS CONTROLLER $ 38.99 On-order Not 20% off, but $1 cheaper than other online stores.

Merchandise Total: $ 71.27

2nd order:

1 ABD014974 DVD : 80'S TEEN FLICKS (3PK) $ 9.71 In-stock
1 FLP033219 DVD : COSBY SHOW-7TH SEASON $ 12.29 In-stock
1 FLP033229 DVD : COSBY SHOW-8TH SEASON $ 12.29 In-stock
1 FXD051931 DVD : BURN NOTICE-1ST SEASON $ 27.91 In-stock
1 WBD025738 DVD : BONNIE & CLYDE (ULTIMATE CE $ 23.10 In-stock
1 WBD079796 DVD : POPEYE THE SAILOR V.01 1933 $ 36.79 Backorder

Merchandise Total: $ 122.09

3rd order:

1 PRD088890 DVD : EARLY EDITION-1ST SEASON $ 23.91 In-stock

Merchandise Total: $ 23.91

4th Order through Buy.com via google checkout

Mad Men Season 1 - Marketplace Item -- Shipped by: DeepDiscount $28.10
Shipping & Handling (Standard: 3 to 9 business days) : $0.00
Tax (TN) : $0.00
Google Checkout & Buy.com $10 Sign-up Bonus - Bonus may not appear on Buy.com's web site or emails. -$10.00
Total: $18.10

5th and final order:

1 COL001068 DVD : SPIDER-MAN-NEW ANIMATED SER $ 15.70 New-Price
1 FXD038157 DVD : BIG (DC/2D) $ 9.44 In-stock
1 FXD038162 DVD : THAT THING YOU DO (DC/2D) $ 9.44 In-stock
1 PRD003824 DVD : BEVERLY HILLS 90210-1ST SEA $ 16.98 New-Price
1 ROX002017 DVD : ROUTE 66-1ST SEASON V.01 $ 15.07 In-stock
1 WBD020138 DVD : PERFECT STRANGERS-1ST & 2ND $ 19.49 In-stock

Merchandise Total: $ 86.12

Grand total: $321.49

My final order:

Code:
Quantity Item #       Description                            Price    Status  
-------- ------------ ----------------------------------- ---------- ---------
     1   BAN080154      DVD : ESCAFLOWNE ANIME LEGENDS    $   25.59  In-stock 
     1   FUN007731      DVD : BURST ANGEL BOX SET & OVA   $   24.58  Backorder
     1   FUN008207      DVD : GUNSLINGER GIRL BOX SET     $   19.67  In-stock 
     1   ABD025170      DVD : GHOST IN THE SHELL-SOLID ST $    9.71  In-stock 
     1   MCA091757      DVD : GHOST IN THE SHELL 2-INNOCE $   12.04  In-stock 
     1   WEA035529      DVD : GHOST IN THE SHELL          $    9.71  In-stock

My order:

Code:
BLR : DAWN OF THE DEAD            $   14.26  In-stock
BLR : LOST-3RD SEASON             $   51.88  In-stock
BLR : THE DESCENT                 $   19.86  In-stock
BLR : OLDBOY                      $   21.46  In-stock
BLR : V FOR VENDETTA              $   17.22  In-stock
BLR : SHOOT 'EM UP                $   22.26  In-stock
Merchandise Total: $ 146.94

Plus I used the Live Search which apparently does the 4% cashback before the 20% so I'm getting $7.33 back as well (gotta wait 60 days though which sucks).

Not a bad haul.

[quote name='lwhy?']
1 RHE080520 DVD : SECRET WORLD OF ALEX MAC-1S $ 8.37 In-stock

[/quote]

Holy shit!!! What a find!!!! I never even knew, or thought, this was on DVD or would ever be on DVD! Throwing this onto a final order now:lol::applause:

[quote name='graf1k']

Plus I used the Live Search which apparently does the 4% cashback before the 20% so I'm getting $7.33 back as well (gotta wait 60 days though which sucks).

Not a bad haul.[/QUOTE]

How did Live Search work for you? I've placed 2 orders using it but never have gotten any sign that the order worked to get the discounts-- did you get any confirmation at any point that it was working?

[quote name='Justin42']How did Live Search work for you? I've placed 2 orders using it but never have gotten any sign that the order worked to get the discounts-- did you get any confirmation at any point that it was working?[/QUOTE]

You should get a confirmation email in a couple hours from Live Search.

bread's done
Back