2009-10 NHL Thread- Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dafoomie']I'll be at the Bruins game tonight.[/QUOTE]

I know your at the game right now, but the Bruins aren't looking so good right now 4-1 with 9 min left.

I got to see the last period plus overtime in the Habs/Leafs game due to the free Center Ice preview. Yay that. Kings open on Saturday.

tc, is there a free trial right now? I can test it tomorrow. I was thinking about doing game center because i can hook up my lap top to my tv.

in other news. it looks like it's gonna take a few weeks for this new sharks team to mesh. furthermore, nabakov is done. he looked terrible tonight.

I didn't see anything about a free trial. I get the demo thing to work on my PS3, but that appears to be simple video. I need to make sure it fully functions on the PS3 browser before I lay down the cashola.

My cable provider doesn't offer friggin Center Ice. Those of you who can order Center Ice there is a free preview 10/2-10/24 so take advantage of the freeness :D

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']tc, is there a free trial right now? I can test it tomorrow. I was thinking about doing game center because i can hook up my lap top to my tv. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Blinkster']I know your at the game right now, but the Bruins aren't looking so good right now 4-1 with 9 min left.[/QUOTE]
That disallowed goal in the 1st was a gamechanger, I know the Capitals announcer on Vs played it down but Theodore never had that puck.

Didn't like how Ovechkin took a run at Recchi and they called a penalty on Chara just for getting in his face. Who do they think he is, Crosby?

They never really got anything going after that. I'm going again Saturday so I won't have to wait long, though those seats are far worse. They should have a bad taste in their mouth from this game and want to get back at Carolina for last year, but you never really know how this team will come out anymore.

Oh, for all DirecTV subscribers, if you call and complain you can get half off or free NHL Center Ice. You have to talk to retentions.

^Sorry to burst your bubble, but they played almost as bad as the Sharts. Even if they would've changed the call they were still going to get murdered. Especially, that bone head play Lucic did. lol The Caps were clearly a stronger team. Not to mention Thomas sucking like Nappy.

[quote name='TC']Those of you who can order Center Ice there is a free preview 10/2-10/24 so take advantage of the freeness :D[/QUOTE]

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Snap! Thanks for the heads up!

What bubble? They played like crap for 50 out of 60 minutes. Put them up 1-0 in the 1st period after playing fairly well and the rest of the game might be different.

[quote name='dafoomie']
Oh, for all DirecTV subscribers, if you call and complain you can get half off or free NHL Center Ice. You have to talk to retentions.[/QUOTE]

Wow really? I might have to try this sometime soon. I just happened to see yesterday that we get a free 3 week Center Ice trial so I thought that was cool. Not having Versus anymore really pisses me off.

[quote name='dafoomie']What bubble?[/QUOTE]

You made it sound as if the Bruins could win that game. The Caps were obviously, bigger, stronger, faster.

[quote name='VipFREAK']You made it sound as if the Bruins could win that game. The Caps were obviously, bigger, stronger, faster.[/QUOTE]
They could've won if they didn't play so poorly after the first 10 minutes. They really got away from their gameplan after that goal was waived off, before that point they were carrying the play.

[quote name='cgarb84']Wow really? I might have to try this sometime soon. I just happened to see yesterday that we get a free 3 week Center Ice trial so I thought that was cool. Not having Versus anymore really pisses me off.[/QUOTE]

Shoot. I'm calling right now. I hope it's free Center Ice, and not just half-off. And I miss Versus, too. We already get the free preview, so I'm not sure what else they'll do...

WHAT BULLSHIT! I can't watch Hockey on DirecTV anymore. fucking hell!

Where have you been, dude? This has been a hot topic for like 3 weeks!

Edit: I just got the Center Ice package for free, too. There will be a charge for the full season amount ($163.xx) on my bill, but also a credit for the same amount. It will automatically renew for next season, so I'll have to remember to call and cancel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the Wings seem to think they only have to play 50 minutes.

shieryda- Nice work getting that hookup.

Heatley with 2 assists tonight, so far. I think he'll be fine on his new team.

I hope I can get at least 1 Tavares rc this year, and not have to break the bank to get it.

Holy shit! Gagner just fought Conroy off the faceoff! Hilarious.

lol, wow. Didn't see that fight on the NHL Network. xD

God, I haven't watched so much tv before in a long time. Thanks Dish!

The rest of the league should all be thankful Chara isn't an asshole. He always let's off when he could destroy guys.

[quote name='TC']The rest of the league should all be thankful Chara isn't an asshole. He always let's off when he could destroy guys.[/QUOTE]
The most memorable was against Lecavalier.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Philly is gonna get murdered. lol[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say that so quick. Should be a good game.

The Kings undoubtedly looked better last night than they did in their opener against Phoenix on Saturday, but even though they pulled out the game, there's no excuse for blowing a 4-0 lead.

Didin't even bother watching when my friend turned on the tv... As for the was/phil of course they have their worst game when I open my mouth...

Nice win by the Wings tonight. Might lose my mind and pick up tickets to Wings/Caps Saturday night. I've yet to see A.O. live.

Prucha got rocked in the Phoenix loss against Sabres. Not sure what his condition is.
Funny seeing May in a Wings jersey

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Prucha got rocked in the Phoenix loss against Sabres.[/QUOTE]

Yeah he got caught in a bad position.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Nice home opener Sharks. Also, Duh Heat getting a hat trick makes me feel a bit better about him over here.[/QUOTE]

Heater should score a ton of goals with San Jose.

The Kings are looking a lot better in their last two games since the home opener, last night the first line was clicking... just don't mention their penalty kill!

Going to the Bruins/Isles game tonight. Isles suck, but maybe Rechlicz will start something. I'm sure Tavares will be interesting too.

im going to the sharks game tonight. it looks like the sharks lines are starting to play together better, i still think nabakov is our weakest link. hes on the last year of his contract, but i dont see how you can trade him and just bring in a new goalie and hope it works out. unless the sharks win the cup (and maybe even if they do) i dont expect nabakov to be back next year.

Don't know if you guys saw it but Tuukka Rask played well and the Bruins came back from down 3-0 with around 6 minutes left in the 3rd.

Wings beat the Caps. Mike Green got called for a garbage penalty which lead to the Wings go ahead goal. Other than that Osgood played well and Datsyuk seemed to drive A.O. nuts.

[quote name='TC']Wings beat the Caps. Mike Green got called for a garbage penalty which lead to the Wings go ahead goal. Other than that Osgood played well and Datsyuk seemed to drive A.O. nuts.[/QUOTE]
Missed the game. What did Datsyuk do to Ovie?

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Missed the game. What did Datsyuk do to Ovie?[/QUOTE]

Datsyuk was against him most of the night trying to pick his pocket. We know A.O. gets this treatment every game but not from a player like Datsyuk. A.O. seemed frusturated by the end of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back