2009-10 NHL Thread- Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='shieryda']http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=47390[/QUOTE]

exactly, they are cap loaded for the foreseeable future. got huet in a 5mil deal. over 45 million committed already over the next 2 years. they could lose role players like eager and ladd. obviously they are going to want to sign niemi to a decent deal. and after next year have more key signings with guys like seabrook and byfuglien. part of the reason they had the team they do this year is because kane, keith and toews are making 12 million less this year than next year.

[quote name='panzerfaust']lol i didn't know what to say this but i just heard these radio announcers:

*caller mentions the booing from the philly fans*

host 1: "yeah you know, it's absolutely classless but really not unexpected"

host 2: "haha yeah but you know the philly fans take pride in their classlessness -- it's a miserable existence, i don't understand it."[/QUOTE]

Haha, aren't Cubs fans the definition of a miserable existence?

[quote name='Azumangaman']:(
I'm sad for Pronger.[/QUOTE]

Good fucking riddance. (sorry, I'd be a lier if I didn't say it.)

[quote name='shieryda']I so want to go to the parade...
[/QUOTE]

Lucky bastard.

[quote name='wildcpac']
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy4UZbtxxkY&feature=player_embedded#![/QUOTE]

I was at a resturant with friends and we saw it. I didn't get a great view. I'm gonna have to watch it on my tv recording to see better. Great win though. I saw part of the game and it seemed like a good one. I never expected OT though.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Haha, aren't Cubs fans the definition of a miserable existence?[/QUOTE]

OUCH. lol

Congrats Hawks fans. Hell of a year and its nice to bring that drought to an end. Toews winning the Conn Smythe was fitting. Young man played fantastic, especially in the early rounds.

Flyers fans shouldn't hang their heads. Your team played very well and could be right back there next season. As a Red Wings fan it was fun seeing Ville Leino play so well.

CHICAGO finally has another Champion! Its been a while (2005 Sox) but we got one this decade. Now only if the Bears can do the same, and the Bulls go out and get Lebron...

That was a pretty anticlimactic win though, certainly for an overtime win. Even the announcers were like "WTF? Oh, I guess they did win."

[quote name='Matt Young']You totally are not allowed to touch it. Seems like only celebrities get that honor, and of course players when they win it.[/QUOTE]

Not bragging or anything, but been there, done that. And I'm definitely not a celebrity. It's like a Canadian law, free healthcare and the right to touch the Stanley Cup :)

I'm just wondering when Philly will finally do the same. It's like they're being punished, 8 finals and only 2 wins , the first two times :cry:
Then again, they probably shouldn't have been there after the fucked up season they had. Seriously, we take Chicago to 6 games with our 7th string goaltender? If they can build from this next year and get a decent goaltender, just maybe...

Good win Chicago. Best of luck trying to win two in a row, since that just never seems to happen anymore with the CBA.

Anyone else going to the parade downtown tomorrow? Im takin the 7:45 train, its going to be crazy downtown! I really hope it doesn't rain though.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I'm sad, no more hockey (or good sports on for that matter...) for a long while. :([/QUOTE]

Play more games, dood. That's what I plan on doing. And watching more movies.

LOL. Supposedly, the Ice Girls didn't get invited to the party downtown today. It'll be on the news at 10PM.

Yeah, I really have been lagging there too. I'm gonna try to get into the World Cup since it's on free tv and in HD. I'm a sucker for HD anything on my TV.

Everything I watch is in HD except for G4. For some reason, DirecTV hasn't picked up the HD feed. But man, acquiring an HD DVR a year and a half ago raised the number of shows I watch exponentially.

Anyway, does anyone know how long the NHL draft usually lasts? I have been watching hockey for a few years now, but I've never seen the NHL draft. I ask because I am going to the draft at Staples Center on June 25-26. I just have no idea how long it lasts in hours, with there being 7 rounds and all. I'd imagine it's split with 2-3 rounds on day 1 and 4-5 on day 2, but I could be way off.

[quote name='Matt Young']Everything I watch is in HD except for G4. For some reason, DirecTV hasn't picked up the HD feed. But man, acquiring an HD DVR a year and a half ago raised the number of shows I watch exponentially.

Anyway, does anyone know how long the NHL draft usually lasts? I have been watching hockey for a few years now, but I've never seen the NHL draft. I ask because I am going to the draft at Staples Center on June 25-26. I just have no idea how long it lasts in hours, with there being 7 rounds and all. I'd imagine it's split with 2-3 rounds on day 1 and 4-5 on day 2, but I could be way off.[/QUOTE]

When they show the live coverage on TV, they only focus on round 1. That takes over an hour and a half I think.

[quote name='Matt Young']Anyway, does anyone know how long the NHL draft usually lasts? I have been watching hockey for a few years now, but I've never seen the NHL draft. I ask because I am going to the draft at Staples Center on June 25-26. I just have no idea how long it lasts in hours, with there being 7 rounds and all. I'd imagine it's split with 2-3 rounds on day 1 and 4-5 on day 2, but I could be way off.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']When they show the live coverage on TV, they only focus on round 1. That takes over an hour and a half I think.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I only remember seeing rounds 1 & 2 on TV day One. Day Two has rounds 3-7 which aren't televised here so I could be wrong now. Years back NHL draft used to be Nine rounds.

But honestly who cares? I hate watching the draft for every league. I just wait for somebody to yell "we got *insert name*" and then I move on with the rest of my day.

The NHL draft is always an event for me, but especially this year. 2nd pick is obvious but the real intrigue for us will be at 15, 32, and 45.

And of course we're all hoping to fleece Chicago on draft day.

[quote name='Matt Young']I care because I'll be at the arena.[/QUOTE]
Now that would make sense as I'd probably enjoy it too if I was there in person.

[quote name='shieryda']Don't know if any of you have seen this yet (you might have to copy/paste):

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2010/06/11/natvo.cop.hit.blackhawks.wls?iref=allsearch[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this. I didn't want this thread to die at 88. Unlucky number ;)

Halak and Price were in competition with another, but apparently Halak was starting to dictate to management about playing time and salary. Halak was bound to go to arbitration unless the Habs coughed up big money, and Gainey is always wary of being shown up (former head coach Carbonneau's firing is partially a result of that).

Surprising, but not really in the world of the Habs...

[quote name='TC']Incredible- http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=324934[/QUOTE]

thats a mind blowing move...

i was really hoping the sharks would be able to make a run at price or halak too. guess thats out of the picture now. well, bring on dan ellis.

edit: well i guess they still could make a run at them both. i mean just because halak is traded and price is still around doesnt mean they will necessarily sign with blues/habs. but it seems a hell of a lot more likely.

Disappointed that the Wings gave Lidstrom 6.2 million. I love the guy, and he's given the club 2 quality decades of Hockey, but c'mon. I understand he's one of the best D-men in the league, but he doesn't know how much gas is in the tank, or how long he wants to play. He keeps saying that Detroit is a championship caliber club. If it is, then take the pay hit, and give the club some room to spend around on offense or netminding. I really wish we could have got him for 3 to 4 million and went out to spend some money to put toward either a goalie or a goal scorer. We need both.

[quote name='redshadow']Disappointed that the Wings gave Lidstrom 6.2 million. I love the guy, and he's given the club 2 quality decades of Hockey, but c'mon. I understand he's one of the best D-men in the league, but he doesn't know how much gas is in the tank, or how long he wants to play. He keeps saying that Detroit is a championship caliber club. If it is, then take the pay hit, and give the club some room to spend around on offense or netminding. I really wish we could have got him for 3 to 4 million and went out to spend some money to put toward either a goalie or a goal scorer. We need both.[/QUOTE]

im surprised by that too. i thought for sure hed take a big cut on a one year deal for another chance at the cup.

Horton and a player for Wideman? Ouch. lol Athough, Horton was pretty overrated in NHL09 and 10.

Nappy is gone, good fucking riddance. Speaking of that, good fucking riddance to Niedermayer too. Ass.

[quote name='dafoomie']We got some sucker to take Dennis Wideman.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325375[/QUOTE]

Nathan Horton will fit in well with Boston.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Scott Niedermayer retires
I thought he was older with that grey beard.[/QUOTE]

I said when Pronger was moved that the Ducks dumped the wrong player. They should have traded Niedermayer because he was going to retire soon. Now there are two big holes in the blueline.

[quote name='redshadow']Disappointed that the Wings gave Lidstrom 6.2 million. I love the guy, and he's given the club 2 quality decades of Hockey, but c'mon. I understand he's one of the best D-men in the league, but he doesn't know how much gas is in the tank, or how long he wants to play. He keeps saying that Detroit is a championship caliber club. If it is, then take the pay hit, and give the club some room to spend around on offense or netminding. I really wish we could have got him for 3 to 4 million and went out to spend some money to put toward either a goalie or a goal scorer. We need both.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's a lot of change, but remember it's Nick. The man is a cyborg who plays a ton of minutes. Most to perfection. No matter what anyone thinks he's still the most important player on that team.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Nappy is gone, good fucking riddance. Speaking of that, good fucking riddance to Niedermayer too. Ass.[/QUOTE]

This move surprised me a bit. Interesting. Keeping Marleau has to be almost certain now.

The Hawks will be raising they Cup banning against the Wings Oct. 9th. This should provide some serious motivation for our guys.

[quote name='TC']I said when Pronger was moved that the Ducks dumped the wrong player. They should have traded Niedermayer because he was going to retire soon. Now there are two big holes in the blueline.[/QUOTE]

Their bad. Good fucking riddance.

[quote name='TC']This move surprised me a bit. Interesting.
[/QUOTE]

It's one of those we're screwed if we do, we're screwed if we don't.

glad to see nabakov gone. i dont think theyd make the announcement publicly unless they already were working on something with marleau. so hopefully he resigns for the long term.

what a sad salary dump for chicago.

i was kinda hoping byfuglien could find his way to the bay area after he pwned us this post season. hes the kind of guy the sharks lack. atlanta got him for cheap. CMON DOUG WILSON!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back