2013 Yard Sale Thread

Ha ha, that's awesome. I've been wanting to pick one of those up sometime. The 90s version has more sentimental value of course, but I have always thought the original is neat too. I'd also like to track down a My Pal 2 one of these days because I lost mine years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow - a first ever in the history of yardsales for me. I got a call back. In the few years of doing this and giving out my number and/or email nobody had ever contacted me until tonight.

Picked up Windwaker, Smash Bros, Shadow the Hedgehog, Custom Robo, Spider-Man (maybe 2), Spyro 2 for ps1, Gamecube cleaning disc, and disc only DDR game for PS2. $25

Not the craziest score ever but I did really well at the guy's place last weekend so I wasn't going to cherry pick Windwaker and Smash. I'm gonna have to go explore my excel sheets and see if I ever actually got a copy of Custom Robo before. So that might be going in the vault.

This isn't exactly a yard sale find, but it's pretty darn close. Since we don't have a local Craigslist (unless you count an hour away as local), we have a buy/sell/trade group on Facebook to serve the same purpose. There's also a call-in thing on the radio called Tradio, but this is a lot more convenient. Anyway, a woman posted an N64 with some controllers and games, so I jumped on it because I've been wanting an extra N64 and it's quite rare to find games up here in the mountains (stores don't even sell them).

201309pickups5.jpg

I'm not sure if it has all of the manuals, but aside from that, it appears to be complete with original packaging, which is in surprisingly good shape. The only issue is that the analog stick is wobbly (not sure if that's easy to fix), but the other two controllers (MadCatz and Yobo) are in perfect shape. It also has the expansion pack (currently in the console), a memory card, and a rumble pack. The latter two are Performance brand. The games aren't great, but I'm happy about Donkey Kong 64 because I've actually never played it. The silver controller is a Polaroid AGM-0150 with 15 games. On the drive home, I was looking at the Polaroid manual and noticed that it has a Conker's Bad Fur Day code written on the back of it, so I have since e-mailed the woman to ask her to let me know if she comes across it.

For this entire bundle, she was asking for $50, but I was able to talk her down to $40. I know it doesn't compare to some of the deals you guys get, but it's a steal for my area and I'm quite pleased with my haul.
ha! tradio!

we have (had? don't know for certain anymore) a show on sundays called tradio in Pittsburgh. Haven't ever heard of any gaming stuff though, mostly just...weird stuff. and cars. its a cool idea though.

Went out this morning for a dentist appointment and I was surprised to see how many sales there were. I didn't have a lot of time, but I was able to hit a few and most were a bust except for the first one. Found a jungle green N64 with $40 on it, but I was able to negotiate down to $35 for the N64, a box of books and a couple of DVDs. Everything is in excellent condition:

N64 Jungle Green w/expansion pak, jumper pak, and a controller pak.

-Jungle green, red, and yellow Nintendo controllers. Also a SuperPad64 blue controller.

N64 games (cart only)

-Diddey Kong Racing, Star Wars Ep. I Racer, Mario Party 3, Donkey Kong 64, Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye, and A Bug's Life.

That's what I thought. Lady offered $10 eventually but it just didn't feel like a good buy. Especially since in looking through the box to make sure all cords were there I found a baby bottle in the box....

That's what I thought. Lady offered $10 eventually but it just didn't feel like a good buy. Especially since in looking through the box to make sure all cords were there I found a baby bottle in the box....
Sorry $5 tops, more only it has the screen...

I've seen them for a $1 and passed...

heck if shipping was less... I would send you one for $10...

PS1s are pretty much worthless. If you get the mini's with the built in screen, they can be used for parts for system mods, but that's about it.

Well i'm pretty exhausted now. Went to a small town a half hour away. There was a town-wide event going on. I went to about 30 yard sales. Didn't have to spend much gas either since it was pretty small :)

But anyways here's what I got...

Bought this massive lot of 53 games, mainly PS2 and a few PS1. $37 total. She had over 150 games and wanted $75 but I didn't have enough so I picked 50 of the ones I thought were the best. Most games are complete. A few pretty good ones including Marvel VS Capcom for PS1! 

s0xk6r1.jpg

Then there's this stuff. 

-LG BD590 Blu Ray player- $10

-2 LEGO sets- $3 each

-Pikachu plush- $.75

-A Coleco Vision Roller Controller NEVER OPENED for 50 cents. Can someone tell me the value of this?

-A Brother All in one printer for free. It seems to have an issue where it won't connect to my computer.

3Z6yE7X.jpg

For this picture

-2 Rockband guitars for 360. $20 total. One was used the other was new.

-Yoshis Story and Mickey Speedway USA, both complete- $6

-5 Tivo Wireless G network adapters for $10.... lol

-A Emerson BO60PU electric wine bottle opener- $1

z7Frwsn.jpg

Then there's this recumbent bike for $10

Gba15s3.jpg

And last is a vintage Loroman Electric Shoe Polisher for $2

TSR3EAo.jpg

I'm a sucker for vintage stuff...I don't know what I bought this weekend, but my wallet is empty and my trunk is full. I know I got some quality stuff this weekend and I didn't even go to any sales Friday. I also saw my first ps3 in the wild at the low low price of $120. it was a 120gb slim. He said gamestop sells them for $250, so $120 is super cheap. I turned him down politely.

I picked up a few N64 games at $2 each. They were:

Mario Kart 64
Super Smash Bros.
Star Fox 64
F-Zero X
Rayman 2
Mortal Kombat 4
Banjo Kazooie
Diddy Kong Racing

and Star Trek Conquest (Wii) for $3

20pvxbm.jpg

Sega Genesis Stuff - 5
Overlord (Complete) - 1
Animal Crossing & Memory Card (Complete) - 3
Nascar Racing 2002 (CIJ) - 1
Mouse Trap (2600) - 1
Plug & Play - .75

When I asked about video games the Genesis stuff was brought out at one house, asking 10 took 5. Animal Crossing was marked 3, I asked about adding the memory card in with the game for 3 which was taken. Everything else was asking price.

Non Find BS
Went to 31 sales this weekend and a flea market type deal. I only went to 7 sales on Friday but got the Genesis stuff at my first sale and Overlord at the 2nd sale of the day. Saturday sales 24 and a bi annual flea market deal and the only video game related item I got at those 24 yard sales was the plug & Play with the rest from the flea market. I did see a few systems that were too expensive. A black system only DS lite for $60, looked like a little kid who wanted too much and the same guy that I got 2 of the worst looking N64 games from a few weeks ago was set up at the flea market, still had the Mario 64 and still $15 and all or most of his systems. He also had a Genesis model 2 which I don't recall him having the first time with a cart only Sonic 2 for $40. The vendor I got the Mouse Trap from also had M.A.S.H. for the 2600 complete but it was $5, I tried to offer 3 for it and Mouse Trap which was half of what he was asking and he wasn't going for it.

I'm a sucker for vintage stuff...I don't know what I bought this weekend, but my wallet is empty and my trunk is full. I know I got some quality stuff this weekend and I didn't even go to any sales Friday. I also saw my first ps3 in the wild at the low low price of $120. it was a 120gb slim. He said gamestop sells them for $250, so $120 is super cheap. I turned him down politely.
I'm having trouble telling if you're being sarcastic, lol. That seems to be a pretty damn good price for a PS3 slim to me.

Yea. No. That's a totally reasonable price. Maybe not right for a yard sale, but I gotta imagine he wouldn't have any trouble on Craigslist at that price.

...unless I've completely fallen out of the current gen system market. I really haven't kept up all too well.

Scored a huge Guitar Hero/Rock Band lot today. I got four 360 guitars (including one wired), two 360 drum sets, a Wii drum set, a Wii guitar, and four 360 games (Beatles Rock Band, Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero 2, and Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock). They only wanted $10 and everything seems to be working. Now the only issue is finding a place to keep all of this until I can flip it... :lol:

Also got the movie Animatrix for free, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater for PS2 for a dollar, and two Furby toys for $7 (they seem to go for a decent price, but good lord testing them is irritating).

Glad to see other people had better luck. Today stunk for me. When to a town-wide yard sale that had over 300 sales listed (and had the sales to back it up), but I think I bought ten things the whole day. There was nothing worth me buying. I'm sure competition was part of it, but none of my out-of-the-ordinary items were around either. Did get to buy a few jazz records from a guy who had at least 1500 in his house. Broke my heart when he said he'd had a dealer come buy a bunch earlier this summer. I hate wondering what I missed. Did manage to find a wild copy of Herb Ellis' Ellis in Wonderland (my gateway drug to jazz). Bought it, even though that's the one record I actually let myself buy off eBay.  Anyway, the gaming finds:

$5 2x Wii Classic Controllers

$3 Halo 3 CE Master Chief Helmet

$5 Blue Game Boy Advance SP (no charger)

And that's sadly it!

Okay.... I will maybe edit or change it around later on with pics and a more in depth explanation.

$2

Smithsonian book on comic strips

Sealed Wallace and Gromit figure from the 80's

Checked out the two on ebvay when I got home and looks like the book sold on ebay for 25 with shipping adn the figure sold for 21 with shipping. I will definitely just sell the wallace and gromit figure, but I may keep the book

$10

Peter Pan DVD

Little lego mini-fig set still sealed (basketball)

Super Mario RPG

Yoshi's Island

Mario All-Stars/World

Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, 3

Lion King

Street Fighter 2

Mario World

Bag of PS1 and PS2 memory cards

Probably one of my finds of the year. She wanted a dollar each for everything and I got her done to $10.

I got back to the car after paying and looked a little index card fell out of the bag with the games that said 25 cents each. The son must've put that in there and she didn't know about it. Hah - still an amazing deal though.

Also left my phone number for maybe a call back for lots of more stuff.

$2

Discovery Chanel NAVY seals doc - 3 DVDs

$9

GTA3 for PS2

8 sealed DVDs

$41

Bunch of Wii and Gamecube games including Wind Waker, 2x Mario Kart, NSMB, Black Ops, Smash Bros, etc.

2x Gamecube Controllers

1 Animal Crossing Memory Card

3 Seasons of Little House on the Praire on DVD

Games were $2 and $3 each asking, DVDs were $2 each

This sale was posted on C-list and still had all this stuff as of 10:30. Crazy how much of a difference there is 15 or 20 minutes away from the other area I try to avoid.

$3

In the Box TMNT pizza luncher

Sealed but bit crushed 1050D plane model

Left my number for hopefully video games and more TMNT stuff

$7

Two sealed Muppet DVDs

Finding Nemo DVD

Sealed 1985 Transformers dart game

Asked about video games and the lady told me she asked her brother about it the other day and he said just throw them all in the dumpster. They were in the process of moving and cleaning out the house. I was ready to jump in the dumpster in the driveway but she said it was a load ago.

$12

TI-83 Calculator - more than I usually spend on these, but easy enough to flip

$8

2x sealed Star Wars Episode 1 Puzzles

Sealed Erector Set

$2

3x Pokemon figures

1 hard DS case

Got excited when I saw the case, but no games or systems for sale. Oh well. I can put a DSlite I have to sell in there.

$1

2x Pokemon plushes  - Gengar and Charizard (more like a finger puppet)

Free

Tub of little kid Legos

Little kid video game system (I haven't looked at it yet)

Bunch of little kid learning things

Wire rack on wheels for the kitchen

few other things

I made a mistake and drove to a yardsale that was suppose to have some video games, etc. and when I got there all that was out was a big free table on the side of the driveway. Turned out it was a Saturday sale but I messed up reading it. Pretty cool stuff. will give everything except the wire rack too my friends who have kids (except maybe the kids game system if it is expensive)

Overall not as good as last week, but still an awesome week. The last 3 weeks for me have made the entire season. Though I still have trouble doing Sunday ones. I usually only hit like 4 or 5 on Sunday because all the signs are for Saturday and nobody takes them down.

Glad to see other people had better luck. Today stunk for me. When to a town-wide yard sale that had over 300 sales listed (and had the sales to back it up), but I think I bought ten things the whole day. There was nothing worth me buying. I'm sure competition was part of it, but none of my out-of-the-ordinary items were around either. Did get to buy a few jazz records from a guy who had at least 1500 in his house. Broke my heart when he said he'd had a dealer come buy a bunch earlier this summer. I hate wondering what I missed. Did manage to find a wild copy of Herb Ellis' Ellis in Wonderland (my gateway drug to jazz). Bought it, even though that's the one record I actually let myself buy off eBay. Anyway, the gaming finds:

And that's sadly it!
I bought a Master Chief Helmet with the game for $25 at a yard sale. I'm a little jealous.

Dokstarr thats an awesome haul!  I really want a complete copy of Mario Kart :(

Anyway, Went to about a dozen sales yesterday and actually had a few decent finds!

My first sale which was on the way to get cash, I snagged a 3-shelf bookcase in near mint condition for $5.  Already putting it to use storing some game guides/artbooks!

Then a couple sales later I got a PS2 Slim with controller and memory card for $10.  Was browsing some other items on the table when a lady swooped in on the system but I was able to ask the owner before she did and got the system for the $10 offer.  She glared at me and then cursed at me in front of the owner when I looked at a couple games she hadnt gone through yet.  Sadly the system came with  no Power Cord so I had to order one off Amazon but should still easily be able to sell for $40-$50 profit.  Bought a $1 game (MLB 08 The Show) as well to test the system out.  Funny enough, I left my coffee at this sale and didnt realize it till another sale so I swung back to grab it and the lady gave me the rest of the PS2 games she was trying to sell.  So I ended up with MLB 06, NBA 2K3, Madden 09, and MVP 05 in an All-Star Case.  I opened up the cases when I got home and in the MLB 06 case was Top Gun, and a random disc of the TV show Friends. Heh.

Then after a few duds I stopped at one last sale and while I didnt find any gaming items, the owner was an avid playing card collector and had 300+ decks for sale, with another 1000 according to him in his house.  After looking through a good chunk of them I walked away with a Star Trek, X-Men, Batman, Harley Davidson, and Coca-Cola decks for $1 each.

I tried to post pictures too but apparenly CAG doesnt like me using images?

I had a pretty good Saturday morning, which is great since it's probably the last chance I'll have to go out this year. Here's the rundown:

-Hit up a yard sale touting video games and camping supplies (I'm hopefully going this weekend if the national parks are open), but all they had were junk Wii and 360 games and they wanted too much for them. Camping supplies were a bust, too.

-Headed to a nearby community sale in Ellicott City, but most of it was figurines and household goods. Saw a guy carrying away a Gameboy carrier with system and games, so I decided to cut my losses and head to the next sale.

-Hit up another community yard sale in EC, and found a few original XBox games for $.50 apiece (Halo, MechAssault, TimeSplitters 2, Turok Evolution, and Robotech Battlecry) plus Phantasmagoria for PC for $2. Saw the guy who grabbed the Gameboy roll up and start asking about games, so I made one final sweep then headed back to Baltimore.

-Stopped at a yard sale near home, and picked up two complete PS2's, 1 complete in box with a remote, for $30. Also grabbed TimeSplitters for PS2 for $1.

-Stopped at a flea market near home, and found FF: Tactics, Resident Evil 2, and Guilty Gear, all for PS1 and disc-only, for $1 apiece, so I grabbed those. Realized later that RE2 was only Disc 2 (I forgot there were two discs), but it's in good condition. Also grabbed a few horror DVD's from a guy there for $10.

-As I was parking the car a street down from my house, noticed one final yard sale. I walked by and saw a couple of N64 controllers. I picked them up and the guy said he had a bunch more to bring out. By the time he was done, he brought out an N64 with 3 more controllers, an SNES with 2 controllers, a PS2 with 3 controllers, a PSP 3000, and some SNES games (DKC1, 2, and 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario AllStars+Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Kirby's Avalanche, and others). I was a little suspicious because none of them had power cords, so I asked about it and the guy mentioned he was a repo man and these were all left in cars they repo'd and were never claimed. So I decided to bite and got it all for $50.

All-in-all, a pretty good haul. Most, if not all, of the consoles will go to MAGFest, I'm keeping the PSP to tinker with, and I split the games with my brother so that I can claim our original copies of DKC and Yoshi's Island as my own.

Glad to see other people had better luck. Today stunk for me. When to a town-wide yard sale that had over 300 sales listed (and had the sales to back it up), but I think I bought ten things the whole day. There was nothing worth me buying. I'm sure competition was part of it, but none of my out-of-the-ordinary items were around either. Did get to buy a few jazz records from a guy who had at least 1500 in his house. Broke my heart when he said he'd had a dealer come buy a bunch earlier this summer. I hate wondering what I missed. Did manage to find a wild copy of Herb Ellis' Ellis in Wonderland (my gateway drug to jazz). Bought it, even though that's the one record I actually let myself buy off eBay. Anyway, the gaming finds:

And that's sadly it!
I, too, am jealous of the master chief helmet find. One of the few Halo CE items I am missing. I will find it one day!

I'm way behind. Just some non game stuff 9-28-13 ish

Discgolf disc, paid $3.

DVDs $1 each. Nip Tuck is still sealed:

Modern key comics and blu ray $10 total

Vintage SONY tabletop radio $5.

I have a TON of game stuff. I am just trying to get something posted. ;)

I had a pretty good Saturday morning, which is great since it's probably the last chance I'll have to go out this year. Here's the rundown:

-Hit up a yard sale touting video games and camping supplies (I'm hopefully going this weekend if the national parks are open), but all they had were junk Wii and 360 games and they wanted too much for them. Camping supplies were a bust, too.

-Headed to a nearby community sale in Ellicott City, but most of it was figurines and household goods. Saw a guy carrying away a Gameboy carrier with system and games, so I decided to cut my losses and head to the next sale.

-Hit up another community yard sale in EC, and found a few original XBox games for $.50 apiece (Halo, MechAssault, TimeSplitters 2, Turok Evolution, and Robotech Battlecry) plus Phantasmagoria for PC for $2. Saw the guy who grabbed the Gameboy roll up and start asking about games, so I made one final sweep then headed back to Baltimore.

-Stopped at a yard sale near home, and picked up two complete PS2's, 1 complete in box with a remote, for $30. Also grabbed TimeSplitters for PS2 for $1.

-Stopped at a flea market near home, and found FF: Tactics, Resident Evil 2, and Guilty Gear, all for PS1 and disc-only, for $1 apiece, so I grabbed those. Realized later that RE2 was only Disc 2 (I forgot there were two discs), but it's in good condition. Also grabbed a few horror DVD's from a guy there for $10.

-As I was parking the car a street down from my house, noticed one final yard sale. I walked by and saw a couple of N64 controllers. I picked them up and the guy said he had a bunch more to bring out. By the time he was done, he brought out an N64 with 3 more controllers, an SNES with 2 controllers, a PS2 with 3 controllers, a PSP 3000, and some SNES games (DKC1, 2, and 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario AllStars+Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Kirby's Avalanche, and others). I was a little suspicious because none of them had power cords, so I asked about it and the guy mentioned he was a repo man and these were all left in cars they repo'd and were never claimed. So I decided to bite and got it all for $50.

All-in-all, a pretty good haul. Most, if not all, of the consoles will go to MAGFest, I'm keeping the PSP to tinker with, and I split the games with my brother so that I can claim our original copies of DKC and Yoshi's Island as my own.
I live in Towson, never get a chance to check out any of the yard sales here, but there are usually a ton of them.

Got some alright deals today. Still a lot of sales going here in northern Indiana. Weather isn't too bad considering the time of year.

Will post pics later..

Xbox 360 phat console with power/video cables, works- $20

Indiana Jones Blu Ray Collection NEW- $15

Technic Automatic Turntable Player- $15

Crap load of game boy stuff for $30.

Edit: Ahh f*** 3 of the Pokemon games don't save and the original GB doesn't work. Hate it when this happens. Time to buy some batteries. 

WkqQXjU.jpg

ZzchclB.jpg

Pretty meh day. Overcast sky scared people off but it didn't rain.

American McGees Alice (pc) CIB-00.50

Jack Niklaus Turbo Golf (tg16)-1.00

Super Mario All Stars (snes)-2.00

New Super Mario Bros (ds), Mario Kart DS (ds), Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town (gba), Lilo and Stitch 2 (gba)-10.00

Not awful but slow morning... 

First time I've ever seen a Turbografx game at a garage sale though.

Here we go:

Appetizer

za6c.jpg

Brand New (essentially) Red N64 Controller - $9

Star Fox 64 Complete - $6

Golden Eye 64 Complete - $6

Main Course

vuj9.jpg

Chrono Trigger in box - $6

The game is in immaculate condition. Box is in amazing condition for its age. Unfortunately it didn't come with the map or manual (anyone got extras of these they wanna sell/trade for?) But still... I'm stoked to find this. It's seriously in amazing condition.

Congrats on the Chrono Trigger! I found one a couple summers back. Bought a whole box of SNES & Sega Cd stuff... didn't even get to the bottom before I bought it. i remember finally reaching the bottom, seeing the box and freaking out like the double rainbow guy.

I found a working PS2 slim today and a controller-less gamecube (plus a really rough Mario Kart Double Dash) for $2. It was in one of those hidden hoarder locations about three switchbacks away from the main road; I'm not sure if a storage auction buyer was involved but it seemed like the lady just wanted to make room so more boxes could be opened up.

Oh, does anyone here know anything about larger industrial or office printers? She had a box of sealed ink cartridges, each one as long as my forearm or a good-sized keyboard. I was wondering if the ink could be siphoned off to make DIY refills ;)

s458uc.jpg

Sega Genesis Games & & Wii Zapper - 5
Pokedex - .50
Everything Else - 5

Asked about games and the Sega Genesis games were brought out which were mostly good for cases if anything and took my offer of $5, all of the boxed Genesis games are complete. The Pokedex was asking price. Everything else I found out at a yard sale, .50 per PS1 & 2 per PS2 games and I don't even know what they were asking for the DVD but they took 5 for what I got. The Power Stone DVD is sealed with some holes in the wrap, Dark Cloud 2 & Tetris Plus are missing the manuals and In The Hunt is disk only with the rest being complete.

Non Find BS
Went to 10 sales Friday and only 3 on Saturday showing that the sales are really starting to dry up around me. The only expensive thing I saw was at the sale I got the Playstation games at in Virtua Fighter 5 for the PS3 for $5 which isn't way over the top but not so great considering it's 4.99 at GameStop. Also mentioned something about an Atari in the attic at that same sale but I didn't even bother to press the issue on if they wanted to sell it since my read was that they weren't too eager to get rid of it. The house I got the Sega games at I was told about a copy of NBA Jam but they ended up bringing out these also and a case for NBA Jam and telling me it's in the system as if they couldn't get to it and offered to have it for me the next day but I didn't bother going back. The only thing really worth mentioning is the one sale the guy mentioned having a sealed 2600 when I asked about video games but it wasen't for sale.

Today ended up very well! Here's the pics and the story:

10101786365_c00e9d6296_z.jpg

10101791884_643679feb4_z.jpg

10101839645_9aa11a2b6b_z.jpg

This was an awesome find! I stopped at a sale on the way to work that advertised gaming books. After looking through the boxes of books that they had, I picked out the 2 boxes with the RPG and manga books on top and asked their price for the lot. She said she'd take $7 for all of them. They were supposed to be a quarter a book initially so I got a much better deal. Here is the breakdown of books:

Single Books:
The Avengers Companion
Retro Vision Star Wars/Star Trek Special issue 2 of 4
The Big Book of Urban Legends
Shadow War
AEON
Castles and Covenants
The Hidden Paths: Shamans
War in Concordia: The Shattered Dream
The Shadow Court
Book of the Wyrm
Space Opera Volume 2

Wraith: The Oblivion:
Mediums Speakers with the Dead
The Book of Legions
Pardoners & Puppeteers
Dark Reflections: Spectres

Mage: The Acsension:
Traditions Gathered 1 - Songs of Science
Euthanatos
Traditions Gathered 2 - Blood and Dreams
Dragons of the East
Akashit Brotherhood
Celestial Chorus

Rolemaster:
Master Atlas Second Edition
Sea Law
Eidolon City in the Sky
Arabian Nights
Claw Law (no cover)

Vampire the Dark Ages:
Fountains of Crimson Blood
Clash of Wills
Blood and Silk
Bitter Crusade

Ravenloft:
GM Screen
Red Death Campaign Expansion
Red Tide Campaign Expansion

Graphic Novels/Manga:
Batman: The Long Halloween (Hardback)
Usagi Yojimbo Book Three
Steam Detectives Vol 1
Striker The Armored Warrior
Magic Knight Rayearth Vol 2
Magic Knight Rayearth Vol 3
Mai The Psychic Girl Perfect Collection 1
Sanctuary Vol 3
Dominion Conflict 1
Striker The Forest of no Return
Appleseed Book Four
Daredevil Visionaries: Frank Miller Vol 2
Daredevil Gang War
Doom Patrol
Warchild
Marvels
Sanctuary Vol 4
Legend of Kamui 1
Outlanders Vol 6
Outlanders Vol 5
Sinergy
Hellboy Need of Destruction
Akiko Vol 2

Also included were a bunch of maps that I can't figure out what they go to. So I'll just lot those up and sell them at once. All this for $7 though!

Looks like everyone had good scores today. I didn't even plan to go to yard sales today but when I saw all the signs I had to get out. I ended up having maybe my best finds of the year. It's not huge like some of the other stuff but I'm happy. Plus the people I bought the wii games from said they had some ps3 games and they'd call me. Also at another place this lady that I know said she had a wii and some games she wanted to sell and would call me Monday.

All the wii games were $1 each

Guitar Hero Warrior of rock

Nicktoons MLB

My Sims Party

Trauma Team

Spectrobes

The cd's were $0.25 each

also there was a mortal kombat soundtrack on casette for 25 cents

Also I bought one of those small jeeps that you ride on for my niece for $5.

The guides were from gamestop but they were all free because they were pennied.

Guides:

Resident Evil Revelations

Injustice

Lego City Undercover

Metal Gear Rising (sealed)

Luigi's Mansion

fpkYNyh.jpg
rwAoIWD.jpg

Nice deal on that small ride along jeep, I remember having a quad one as a kid, loved it. I ended up selling it for like $80 later on so $5 is a steal.

Got a few things today, not much for games. Supposedly some people have some n64, genesis and original nintendo games, lots. And are going to call me, they never do though =/

But I did get a sealed settlers of catan for $5, and a dyson dc14 for a whopping $1

The detachable hose works well, but the base doesnt suck.. but for $1, I now have a great vacuum for my car.

Also got an original kindle for $1. I had a spare charger that fits it, but doesnt seem to work. Funny thing is they left their receipt in the box, $360 in 2008 lol.

I got beat to some games this morning by my enemies. The sale opened a hour early. I was 20 mins early, but they had already bought the games. They did not advertise games.

I found out my Dad saw pikmin or pikmin 2 and didnt call me, when he was out a couple of days ago.

I found a couple of things at thrifts though. I'm still really behind on posts, but I will probably be able to tide everyone over through the winter ;)

Found the following:

A Japanese Tekken Strategy guide

Sim City 2000 Deluxe Edition for PC

Blade (DVD)

Tropic Thunder

an X-Men novel

all for $3.

Struck out at the sales today.  I found a few PS1 games at a church garage sale along with a really beat up DS2 but thats it.  Looks like its starting to dry up here :(

Nothing but rain all day here, so I actually got to sleep in!

Kinda sucks though because there was a sale advertising a GC with games.  They posted in the morning that the sale was canceled.

Nothing but rain all day here, so I actually got to sleep in!

Kinda sucks though because there was a sale advertising a GC with games. They posted in the morning that the sale was canceled.
Should of drove by anyways and knocked on the door! Not everyone checks CL postings in the morning to see if they cancel or not.

Today was rain, but  I went out yesterday.

Yesterday was definitely the dud of the last month or two.

I started off on the other side of town that I usually do because I saw an ad w/ DS games. DS games were all junk girly ones with a pink DS lite. Wanted 50 firm.

By heading over that way first I didn't get to my usual starting area until about 10:30. Girl told me she had sold a PS3 and a bunch of other stuff the first hour. Bleh - but oh well. Who knows if I would've been the first one anyways.

Also first 4 sales all had games, but either overpriced, junk or missing the discs. I did get a free Wii case out of one though :/

This particular hurt at a sale that had Pokemon and a bunch of other games. Games were missing and then the daughter comes storming out of the house (where her Adventure Time t-shirt) saying these are the best games ever and that her mom should stop touching her stuff. Who does she think she is? All the while she kept managing to play with her iPad. lol

What I did get though:

Leapster with 10 games - $5

Spy vs Spy toy sealed - $1

Little Book Case - $3

Another little book case thing - $2

Yoshi Backpack - $2

74 Laser Discs - $20

The 74 laser discs at least made getting up for the day worth it. It was the last sale of the day and at like 12:30. I was going to cherry pick through them, but when I started to the woman said how about $20 for all.

There were some decent ones I knew off the top of my head

All 3 Star Wars

Disney Gargoyles

Disney Tail Spin

Troll in Central Park

Alien trilogy

Army of Darkness

etc.

It all can't be home-runs, but I definitely hope I get to go out on a better weekend than this. Especially since there are only a few more left.

Alright I got a big commodore 128 lot I could have had more stuff but I can only carry and hold so much and I have very little space left here. I got the commodore computer, the disc drive and the mouse all in boxes. I left the monitor and the printer. I apologize for leaving the monitor but I can't carry it. Yesterday at the same house I got Sony SL-20 Betamax for $4 it came with a zenith VHS but the zenith did not work but it was a good price so I don't really care. I wasn't gonna take the stuff but if I didn't take it it's gonna go in the trash. Oh yeah I paid $5 for the commodore stuff.

Yesterday was beat, but did get a couple finds. Weird how games for the same system seem to show up on the same days. I've had good dreamcast days, PS1 days, SNES days... but rarely all at once. 

Anyway, yesterday was Gamecube:

$1 Wind Waker (missing manual) 

$3 (All disc only) 2x Double Dash, Mario Sunshine, & Luigi's Mansion

I'm losing track of stuff, so I am just posting as the pics are done with approximate dates. 8-24-13

This is a cool vintage set. These are brand new or new old stock (NOS) Paid $3

These are silvered glass/lusterware.

These are from the same sale. I paid $4 each (both marked $5). Both are Factory Sealed. I kinda want to open the bank, but I can sell it for decent money.

Bags of LEGO stuff $5 total (I don't know much about lego stuff, so I hope I didn't overpay. I saw at least 5 figures in the bags. Two of them are jango fett.. The one set is harry potter or something like that.

These items are from a sale that my enemies beat me to. I pulled a dick move and finally got back at them. As I approached I saw the one guy was looking through PS2 and wii games. I asked the chick running the sale how much the video games are and she said $1 each. I then grabbed all the wii games and started sorting them like a deck of cards. Looking back I could have bought them all to trade in, but I pulled the ones I wanted instead.

LOTR RISK Trilogy edition $2

These I got at a sale that had video games for $5 each. They were junk games, but I saw these two gems. (I've always wanted TNBC)

I talked them down to $1 each because the cases were dirty and the games had some minor scratches.

more to come...

bread's done
Back