2014 Yardsale thread

IZF8RTk.jpg

Welp, no more yard sales for me. This all came down in the past 12 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure since first Craigslist sale: ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 ps3, god of war saga 1-3 no download codes, resident evil 6 ps3 , Mario tennis open 3ds, super street fighter 3ds, and need for speed the run. Talk him down but the lowest was $20. He want $15 each ps3, re6 $5, and $5 each 3ds game. All came with cases. So how did I do?

Last week i went to a few sales but only found Drawn to Life for the Wii for $1. At another sale, I found a blue Wii with Mario baseball disc only, Mario Kart, Disney Infinity (no portal or figures) and Lego Batman all for $50. I only really wanted Mario Baseball but he wouldn't go lower than $5 so I left it.

Today we went to a community toy sale. I found Seaspray Voyager class for $2 and Lego Star Wars for the 3ds for $2. They also had a bunch of guitar hero guitars but they were either for the Wii or the PS3.

Edit: forgot to add I also picked up a ps3 controller at the toy sale for $2. It was really jumpy when I first tried it out but I did the foam trick and it works perfectly now.

i paid about $32 for this lot

every thing on this house was about $1
psone with lc screen  no cords - $1, had extra power adapter tested it and works great
ceasers palace sealed nes - $1
othello nes - $1
gp rider game gear - $1
spiderman xmen game gear - $1
descent - $1
resident evil directors cut - $1
resident evil 2 - $1

from another house
sealed gameboy advance gameshark - $2
link to the past - $11
pokemon red - $5
dragon warrior - $2.50
bayou billy - $2.50

from last Saturday

Gba sp no battery or battery cover  - 50 cents

Metroid prime echos complete in excellent condition  - 50 cents

04459C4C-31E0-4323-A1EE-036416F97D11.jpg

photo-3.jpg

it will be raining this saturday so i wont be going yard sale hunting

Still reeling from this, although it happened on Friday (11/21/14). Just unbelievable:

Going to start off by saying I got all of this for $80,

ZBBtwpl.jpg

sxeDC4I.jpg

UGDh1Ry.jpg

TSIqk6X.jpg

7kb4eJ4.jpg

qzvOQAf.jpg

I was simply floored by how many great games were in this lot. And the hits just kept coming...

There was one more game in the box:

J6KkUSG.jpg

:whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee:

Still reeling from this, although it happened on Friday (11/21/14). Just unbelievable:

I was simply floored by how many great games were in this lot. And the hits just kept coming...

I hate you lol nice find damn

ZBBtwpl.jpg

sxeDC4I.jpg

UGDh1Ry.jpg

TSIqk6X.jpg

7kb4eJ4.jpg

qzvOQAf.jpg

J6KkUSG.jpg

nice find! reminds me of my snes collection when i was a kid until my parents threw everything out :(

[Copious amounts of SNES sexiness]

J6KkUSG.jpg

hlysht.gif

Gah, I really miss having stuff to post here. I've been trying to do Facebook yard sale groups, but dealing with people and trying to plan pick ups is so friggin' frustrating.

5-17-14

14ce5wg.jpg

NES With 11 Games - 20
Wii Sports, Pokemon Ranger & Mario Golf Toadstool Tour (All Complete Except For Manual In PR) - 5
Loco Roco & Sonic Rivals (Complete) - 3
3 Pac Man Toys - .25 Each
Ys Music CD (Sealed) & Alien Trilogy (Sega Saturn) & Legend of Dragoon (Both Disk Only) - 1
Wii Controllers - Buck Each
Zelda Twilight Princess Guide (Wii) & Xbox Wireless Adaptor - 1.25

NES stuff was brought out when I asked about games and took my offer of 20, Startropics is complete including the letter. Next 3 games were 8 total and took 5. PSP games were 2 each and took 3 for both. The Ys Music CD was a buck and the guy wanted another buck for the disk only games, I offered a buck for it all has the disks look bad and the guy accepted. Probably shot but I don't have Alien Trilogy & was willing to take a chance on Legend of Dragoon. Guide was .25 & a buck for the wireless adaptor. Last two things not mentioned were asking price.

5-23&24-14

28ui89w.jpg
2jb8ff5.jpg

DS Lite & 11 Games - 5
Tetris Game - Free
SNES With AV Cord & 2 Games - 5
18 Games For SNES & N64 - 9

The DS Lite with games was 10 and the system wouldn't turn on, took 5 (this was all I found Friday). Tetris I found in a free box. SNES was brought out when I asked about games and took my offer of 5. The SNES & N64 games were brought out when I asked about games and wanted a buck each but offered to do .50 each when I said I was interested in all of them.

5-29&31-14

2dond1.jpg

UmJammer Lammy (Complete) - 2
Black GameCube (System Only) - 1
4 N64 Games With (Not Picture) Small Chop Block & ZXT 20" Medium Ride Cymbal - 15
Game Gear With Sonic 2 - 2
Fatal Frame (PS2 Complete) - 3
Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars & Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus (Both Complete) - 6
Skylanders Giants With Portal & Characters (Game Complete) - 5
Plants vs. Zombies Toy - .25

The 4 N64 games and the drum stuff was 20 total but took 15. Asked about games at one house and the Game Gear was brought out, asked 5 and took 2. The PSP games were 5 each but took my offer of 6 for both. Everything else was asking price.

I Got Okie Doked By Little Jimmy
Early satuday morning I notice a listing on Craigslist that was just put up around 8 the night before that advertised old games and mentioned particular systems and you could see some cheap prices and a box of games in a picture in the ad. It was the same house I got some NES & N64 games at etc on 9-3-12. I left my number has talking to the guy he clearly hinted at having more stuff but as is about 90% of the time I never heard back. Sale starts at 8 and I know it could get ugly so I show up about 5-10 minutes before 7. I see some people just walking in and when I go in I see the guy just talking the tarps off of stuff and a lady and a younger kid. Said kid is picking up a box NES and when I went to reach into the box of games to look at the games he puts his hands out and with some dis-stress and nerveousness in his voice tells me he's buying everything, he's been here for an hour waiting for said sale to open and that he has been "cheated" out of these games before. I do get to look over the games and I ask him if he's be willing to spare anything and that's how I got the 4 N64 games. He wouldn't even split out one of the Yoshi's Islands when I pointed out that their were 2 copies. The box NES was marked 20, N64, Model 1 Genesis & N64 systems with hookups & controllers marked 10 each and 2 system only NES systems marked 2. The box of games said a buck each with about 40-50 games total, all cart only. I'd guess pretty evenly split between the 4 systems. The kid said he didn't need the N64 & bare NES systems but when the guy offered to do 60 then for no reason say no how about 50 for everything the kid just ended up taking all of the systems. Odd situration and I felt like offering more but it's a dammed if you do and dammed if you don't situation as it wouldn't feel right trying to offer the seller more to buy all of this stuff out from under a kid who was 13 or 14. The guy also mentioned somebody who contacted him and had a box of stuff on hold for them, in this box was everything from a box that had misc controllers & cords, a GameCube system, 2 bongo controllers one of the Donkey Konga games and a Wave Bird controllers, odd if that is all they asked to have on hold for them. List of all of the games I can remember outside the spoiler as spoiler tags on CAG only seem to properly put a single paragraph within the tags. Games with ? behind them I think I saw but don't remember for sure.

BurgerTime
Double Dragon II (?)
Dr Mario
Metroid
Super Mario Bros 3 (?)
TMNT II (?)
Time Lord (?)

Landstalker
Light Crusader
ToeJam & Earl 2
Phantasy Star 4
Lost Vikings
Shadowrun

Earthworm Jim
The Legend of Zelda ALTTP (PC)
Mortal Kombat (?)
Sim Earth
Street Fighter II (?)
Super Punch-Out!!
Super Mario World/All*Stars
Yoshi's Island (x2)

Pokemon Stadium 2
THPS 2

Normal Non Find BS
The house I got Skylanders Giants at also had a Mario DSi XL system for $40 which I had some interest in since I don't have a DSi XL but they took the card out (assuming new systems come with one). Was told that it works but when I tried it out I realized that the left shoulder button was jammed and the corner of the system was damage from where it must have been dropped and this was why the button was bad so I didn't even bother. One house brought out an "Atari" that was a random controller, 2 power supplies, a tape drive and a floppy drive for 8-bit Atari stuff. They wanted 30 and I quickly lost interest and didn't even want to bother making an offer.

6-6&7-14

14afli1.jpg
lv5h1.jpg

Model 3 Genesis With 25 Games (Game With Messed Up Top Label = Mortal Kombat II) - 30
3 Complete Wii Games - 5
4 PC Games - .25 Each

The Genesis stuff was marked $50 and at first I just tried to buy Splatterhouse 2 but the guy said he wanted to sell everything together. I offered 20 which was countered with 35 but ended up taking 30. Asked about games at one sale and the Wii Games were brought out, they offered to do 5 for the 3 I picked out. PC games were asking price.

2w73l1f.jpg

SNES With The World's Dirtiest Copy of Clue - 1
GBA Games - .50 Each
Q*Bert (PS1) - .50
Wii System With Everything Needed And A Complete Wii Sports (Drive Won't Read Discs) - 10

SNES came from when I asked about video games and took a buck. I saw the Wii system late in the day (close to noon) marked 15 and figured out why it was still around when the guy mentioned it's problem, took my offer of 10. Other 2 items asking price.

18 sales Friday and a really bad outing Saturday considering I went to 44 sales and what I got to show for it. 34 of the sales I went to on Saturday were on my alternate route as I only had 8 sales on my normal route. Alternate route had 10 sales plus two smaller community sales I took a chance on which I've never been to before and ended up being stinkers. It wasen't like I missed much as the only thing I was told about missing was at one sale Saturday the lady mentioned to me how she had an Atari with 30 games for $50 that she held firm on and ended up with a buyer about an hour into the sale on Friday. One sale did have really bad prices on some Xbox 360 stuff, Final Fantasy XIII for $20 and I can't even remember the other game I saw marked $25 but after that I didn't even bother to check the asking price of the rest of the games or the 360 slim with prices like that.

6-13-14

14eardf.jpg
24g7l2p.jpg

GBA SP (AGS-101) With 9 Games, LittleBigPlanet (PSP, Not Pictured) - 8
Boxed N64 With 2 Games & 3 Memory Cards (Came With Grey Controller With Analog Stick In Good Shape, 4 MB Expansion & A 3rd Party RF Adapter) - 25

The GBA was 10 but took 7 when they couldn't find the charger. I asked about games and some Wii stuff was mentioned but in some twist the N64 stuff was brought out as the only thing found. I offered 20 which was countered with 25 which I agreed to but wanted to double check for everything only to notice the power adapter missing. They went in to look for it and couldn't find it and offered to take my number and call me after finding said cord. I said about about 20 now and I'll give the other 5 if you find it which was accepted.

6-14-14

2yltgkg.jpg
12572mg.jpg
eh91u.jpg
23lfa4m.jpg
1116xph.jpg

White Nintendo DSi In Beat Up Box With 3 Complete Games - 25
THPS (PS1) - 1
New Super Mario Bros Wii (Game & Cardboard Case With Sticker Still Intact) - 4
Vampire: The Masquerade Redemption (CIJ) - .50
Sega Genesis Stuff - $5
Playstation Game Case & 2 Game Boy Pockets - 3
6 PC Games (Diablo & Warcraft Games Complete) - 3
10 Games (6 NES, 2 GB, 1 Genesis & 1 Xbox) - Buck Each
Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike (Complete) - 2
Resident Evil 4 (Complete, Insert Was Actually Inside The Case) & GBA SP (AGS-101) With DS Lite Charger - 11

NSMBW was 5 and I offered 3 and we ended up meeting in the middle at 4. The game boy systems were 5 total with the system being 2 each but offered 3 for everything which was taken. PC games were 3.50 total but took 3. SWRS3 was 5 and I offered 3 but they took 2 when I when I only had 2 ones on me. Resident Evil 4 was a buck and the GBA was 10 I tried to offered 5 and it wouldn't turn on but the lady insisted it worked and just needed charged and wouldn't budge, I ended up leaving it and figured I'd give in and grab just before I left especially since it was a AGS-101.

Non Find BS
Got to 11 sales on Friday & 16 on Saturday along with 2 modest sized community type setups which were like little flea markets. I actually went to a Estate sale Thursday and when I asked about video games lady mentioned something Nintendo still in the basement that they weren't sure about if it still works. Brought it up and I saw here talking to a girl I know who helps with what I guess you would call professinal estate sales but she was the only one I recogized at the sale so I'm guessing the people were running the sale themselves with just here helping out. When I saw the lady emerge from the basement I saw here talking to said girl and had a bad feeling about it. She came up to me with 2 dirty NES system with only an RF adapter & a wrong AC adaptor and told me that so and so said that they are 30 each to which I peaced out real quick without even bother to try and make an offer. I actually got the PC games & 10 mixed system games at the same sale, the PC games were from the family who lived here and the other 10 games were set up on tables as part of what was other family members or friends set up along side almost like a flea market. This was actually a repeat sale I meant to skip and tripped over not realizing it was a house I've been to before. This was around 10 so it was surprising that the old games were still around for a buck each and even more so considering this was on one of the busier streets in town.

6-14-14 (Mega Haul)

16aoft2.jpg
oix1qp.jpg
zv4k12.jpg

The one house I got the Playstation game and 2 GBP systems at took my number and hinted at old Nintendo stuff. This stuff was the one son who was at the sale and another son who they wanted to check with who lived out of state that they wanted to check with before getting rid of. When I went back I ended up dealing with the one son who was at the yardsale. At first he had the NES stuff out and starting out thinking 150. He also had a N64 in a bag nearby I said I'd be interested in along with some new stuff around that he wasn't looking to get rid of yet (PS1, PS2, Xbox). IIRC I think I also saw a SNES controller or something SNES related and he ended up going upstairs and round up the SNES stuff, to get to the end of it after BSing with him for awhile about games we ended up at 175 which was all I had left aside from a few ones.

I didn't take a good picture of the systems but it's 4 systems with all hookups (2x NES systems). Anything extra you can't see isn't special, a few misc generic controllers. BSing with the guy he mentioned buying Crystalis at the place I used to rent NES games at and I did rent Crystalis at said place many years ago so this is the first time I got a game a a yardsale that I'm 100% certain I rented and played way back when.

6-20&21-14

ipy3wj.jpg

AtGames Arcade Gamer Portable (With 30 SMS/GG Games Built In) - 3
2 N64 Systems With Hookups & WWF No Mercy - 10
Zelda Twilight Princess (Wii, Complete) - 1
Super Mario Galaxy (Complete) - 2
Wii (Missing Sensor Bar) SNES With SMW (Missing AC ADaptor) & 2 PS2 Games (Worms Missing Manual) - 18
28 N64 Games & 4 N64 Controllers, Bully (Wii Complete) - 22

One house brought out the 2 N64 system and asked 10 each but took 10 for both. The Wii system was 15 SNES stuff 4 & PS2 games 5 for both IIRC but ended up doing 18 for everything. The N64 games & controllers were a buck each but took 20 for it all. Bully was $2 asking price, the other items not mentioned were all asking price.

The house I got Super Mario Galaxy at actually had a boxed black Wii with a generic controller and was missing the nunchuk and they were selling the Wii stuff together for $30 and wouldn't take $20 for it all but did split out SMG for me. Seemed like a decent price but I didn't feel like paying that much incase the laser had problems and the fact that the other 5 to 10 games were garbage. They also had a fat PS2 with about 20 games for $30. I got to this sale about 15 minutes after it started and I actually was at this sale for a while has they had a ton of CDs of which I ended up buying 42 of and watched some 50 to 60ish year old people (2 different parties) buy up both systems for asking price without looking any of the game disks over.

6-27&28-14

2rxyzvp.jpg
241oumf.jpg

Atari Anniversary Edition Redux - 1
Media Manager For PSP - 1
Red Dead Redemption (PS3, Complete With Map), Crash 3 (Disk Only) & Sega Saturn RF Adapter - 1
Final Fight (SNES) - 5
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2, Boxed) & Resident Evil 4 (PS2, Complete) - 3
Boxed Playstion 2 With 3 Complete Games & 2 PS1 Games - 6
2 GBA SP systems (One 101) With A Game In Each System & Pokemon Pearl (Card Only) - 11
The Rest of The Game Boy Stuff (Boxed Games & System Complete, One SP 101) - 30

The 2 PS2 games were 2 each or two for 3. The boxed Playstation 2 was 8 and the PS1 games were .50 each, I offered 5 for what I got which was countered with 6. The box has the system, AV cord and paper work for both PS1 & PS2 systems and no doggle for the wireless controller included. It also had about a dozen case & manuals that I didn't bother to include in the picture for games which they couldn't find which were all rather common to rather uninteresting games. The two GBA SP systems were 10 each but took 10 for both. This sale also had a DS Lite system with a bad hinge and 15 card only games for 35. Pokemon Pearl was the only interesting one and when I asked about it the lady offered to split it out for a buck. The rest of the stuff was at a sale with the GBA SP systems each marked 5, One Pokemon game marked 3 and the other 5 then everything else which was in a little plastic container marked 20 firm. I tried out Gold and the battery was dead (no surprise), actually asked if they had Q-tips and rubbing alcohol handy has the contacts on blue were bad and even had that green moldy coloration going on. Was able to get it working with some trouble and the battery was even dead for that one. The lady didn't really know much about games but was very nice and seemed to understand that I was being honest about the Pokemon games. I offered 30 for the Game Boy stuff which was taken. Everything else asking price.

Non find BS
Went to 11 sales on Friday and 20 Saturday. The lady I got most of the Game Boy stuff from actually recognized me as I bought some Sega Genesis stuff from her on Craigslist about 4 years ago. The sale I got the Playstation 2 system at actually had a sign up for a Game Boy system and some games for 5 which was the only thing I knew about missing this weekend, guessing it was GBA stuff. One other sale I asked about games and the lady hinted at some old Nintendo games they still had around and that they gave away the system years ago to friends or family. She came out and didn't have them but did bring out a few Wii games. This little kid (grandson it's safe to bet) came right up and said I want the Mario game so she let him have that and offered up the Madden 12 to me. It was the cardboard deal for NSMB as a system pack in but looked like Mario Kart Wii inside the case so it was that or that and NSMB both jammed in I would guess.

7-4-14

317a34j.jpg

2 complete Wii games - 8
3 Complete Wii games & box only for NES system (price tag says 89.99 On NES Box) - 20
7 PS1 Games & 5 GameCube games - 30

The two Wii games were 5 each but took my offer of 8 for both. Asked about old games at a sale and the NES box was brought out. They had a Wii system out for sale with games but they were planning on selling the games seperately and were thinking 5 or 10 a game, I offered 20 for the 3 games and box which was taken. For the last 12 games, PS1 were a buck each and I was told that they were selling the GameCube system and games together (for 150) so I didn't want to shoot too low as to grease the wheels enough to let the GameCube games loose from the system bundle, they took my offer of 30 for the 12 games. You can't really see in the picture but the game on it's side is Crash Team Racing which doesn't include a manual, Metal Gear Solid is actually a crap Movie Gallery case and insert but does include the manual and unfornately that is not PSO I & II in the generic case, I forgot to take it out of the case for the picture and is actually a disc only The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. The rest of the GC, PS1 games from this sale are complete.

Only went to a 4 sales on the 4th and nothing on the 5th. This is always a slow weekend every year but was really bad with the 4th ending up on a Friday this year. About as many sales in my area as I would expect to see the last weekend of October or the first weekend of November. Decent prices on the games with some choice picks but all 3 of the sales I bought something at wanted more for systems then they were worth, DS Lite at one marked 50, Wii with Wii Fit and some misc extra controllers ect. for 100 and the sale with the GameCube they wanted 150 for all of the GameCube stuff at first but it sounded like they would have easily came down to 100 at least BSing with them.

7-11-13

2tm6f.jpg
rsar69.jpg

Black 1st Party GameCube Controller (Not Pictured, Analog Stick Missing Top) - 1
New Super Mario Bros. & Tecmo Bowl Kickoff (Both Complete) - 9
Lego Batman (360, Complete) & Nightmare Creatures II (No Manual) - 1 & .50
Donkey Kong Country - 2
StarCraft (Complete), USB Controller (New), 4 Disk Only Games And Everything Else In The 2nd Picture - 60 something?

NSMB was 8 And Tecmo Bowl was 3, I offered 8 and was countered with 9. Asked about games and a few PS2 games & DKC were brought out, I offered a buck for DKC and the seller was thinking 3 and we meet in the middle. Everything else was at a yardsale in which most games were a buck each, PS3 games were 3 each and the USB controller was marked 2. I paid $70 total for all of the games I got and a few other things so I figure about 60~65 worth of that roughly in games. Every Extra Entend is UMD only, printed up cover. No maual for Star Ocean & Ninja Gaiden. Namco Museum Megamix, LBP2 and ICO SotC Collection are sealed. All other games are complete.

Got to 15 sales and was out for almost 3 hours, I actually spent about an hour at the sale I bought a bunch of stuff at which ended up being good as it slowed me down and from getting to sales on my route that start at 9 say an hour early. First sale of the day started at 7:30 and was a sale I was at back on 5-23-14 that a lady hinted at having some sort of Nintendo in her attic and how they would have another sale. Didn't see anything of the likes and when I asked she told me she still hasn't gotten up into the attic to get the Nintendo stuff and who I would guess is her daughter made a comment about how the Super Nintendo (which it obviously must be) was awesome or some comment like that when she overheard me asking about it. I didn't even bother pressing the issue and offering to leave my number and figured it was a lost cause if this lady wasn't motivated enough to find time to round it up within a month or so and that she wasn't serious about getting rid of it. Next sale I got to 20 minutes early and I was lucky to trip over this sale so early as it was the one I spent $70 at.

7-12-14

14y7u9x.jpg
hx94yq.jpg

Rayman 3D (3DS, Card Only) - 1
Street Fighter EX 3 (Complete) - 1
Final Fantasy XIII Guide & 3 Complete Playstation 2 Games - 5
2 GBA SP Systems (One With Charger & One 101) With 12 GBA Games, Zelda LA (GBC) & Pokemon Red - 40
System Only GameCube (With Memory Card, GBA Player & SSBM In The System) With 10 Complete GameCube Games - 15

The guide was 2 and the PS2 games a buck each, this was all from the sale I got a bunch of games from Friday that I stopped back at on Saturday looking to grab the guide if it was still around and ended up also getting a few more games. The Game Boy stuff was 20 for the dark blue system with Zelda & Pokemon and 35 for the 101 system with charger and 12 GBA games. Tried out the systems and save batteries in the two GB games and told the sellers that I was interested in some stuff from both lots but pitched the idea of 35 for both lots to get rid of it all instead of parting out and making something between the two, they countered with 40 for both. For the GameCube stuff they offered to do $15 if I took everything (instead of 20 asking) which I took. Other two lone items were asking price.

Non Find BS
Got out just before 8 and was out for about 3 and a half hours. I only had a list of about 12 sales but ended up getting to about 22 sales total with a decent amount of unadvertiseds sales I ran into. Had a first this week, one sale the seller was talking to a guy and I hear said guy mention something about how he used to see something around at yardsales but doesn't really see it ever anymore and notice the seller has a box and he is wrapping the cord around an NES Zapper. I sense this guy is treating this box of stuff more like treasure spoils and not garbage to get rid of but ask about it and he says he actually just bought it from a friend (who I'm guessing dropped it off at his yardsale) for himself. Older cartridge based video games/systems in general surely what this guy is mentioning he doesn't see around at garage sales anymore. BSing with them it was a NES with a few games, Mighty Bomb Jack, Top Gun (Not sure which I think the 1st), SMB/DH/WCTM in the system and 2 boxed or complete games in Wheel of Fortune, Tetris and Zelda which I asked about and ended up being complete in box with the manual and map with it. He seemed pretty happy with the NES and it sounded like he was planning on playing it that night, said he got it all for $20.

Story Behind The GameCube Find
Shortly before 11 AM I stop at a sale guy goes inside and only a younger kid sitting outside so I'm looking around and wanted to stall for a bit as I'd rather ask an adult about older video games than a young kid. Just as I'm about to give up a lady comes outside and I ask her about video games and they don't have any but she mentions a friend who was having a yardsale and how she helped said friend price some GameCube stuff for her yardsale and offers to call said friend. Much to my surprise she is told that the stuff is still around and even mentioned to me at some point that the games were a buck each. I'm not getting my hopes up too high about what these games are that are still sitting around for a buck each but asked her if she didn't mind calling her friend back up and asking her to hold the games for me for a few as it was only about a five minute drive and was a block away from my house. As I figured it was an unadvertised sale with just a sign out front of the house but you could see the sale at the garage out back if you were driving down the alley out back but they still must not have been getting much traffic for these games to sit around until 11. BSing with the girl I got the games from I realized that the lady who I asked about games that called her was actually a lady who lived right behind me and used to have garage sales regularly and I just didn't recogize her since I haven't seen her in a number of years since she moved right outside of town. I actually ended up at her sale by mistake today and had I realized it was a repeat sale I would have skipped it so it's funny how I ended up at a repeat sale by mistake and on top of that probably wouldn't have ended up finding out about the GameCube games if I ended up asking about video games when this lady wasn't outside at the sale.

7-18&19-14

sen22a.jpg

DS Game Case - .25
Diablo II Battle Chest (Missing One of The 3 Disks For Diablo II) - 1
Animal Crossing: City Folk (Complete) - 1
Resident Evil Zero (GC, No Manual) - 1
Grand Theft Auto Double Pack (PS2, Complete) - 1
Dynasty Warriors (PSP, No Manual) - 1
Yahtzee & Tetris Handheld Games - .10 Each
Generic (Looks 1st Party) Xbox Controller (Sealed) - 1

DS game case was .50 and took .25 and the generic controller I offered a buck for and was marked 2. Everything else was asking price.

Non Find BS
Went to 9 sales Friday and 24 Saturday, didn't find much but at least when I did find some games they were asking a buck each. Only thing I was told about missing was a Playstation system at one sale. Another sale a lady told me I was the 4th person to ask about video games which I actually don't get back very much in my area when I ask about video games, this is actually the first time this year I heard that so it was kind of strange to hear that 3 other people asked about video games at an unadvertised sale that I would guess didn't get that much traffic, sometimes I wonder if some of these people have a chronic problem with lying and make up stuff to say for no real good reason while making small talk. One unadvertised sale lady mentioned something about a Sega then also a Nintendo then mentioned some crap about how they would be selling tomarrow and that it would be out in an hour. I was actually having deja vu when I pulled up to this sale and was thinking it was probably the same house that mentioned a Sega a few year ago and it was IIRC mentioned Sega in the attic and didn't seem motivated to get it so I didn't even bother to press the issue. I wasen't going out of my way but was less then a mile away 2 hours later so I stopped by only to be told it wasen't out but it would be tomarrow which I didn't bother with and as I said earlier this lady just seems to be BSing me. Another sale I asked about games and was asked if I knew what a Vectrex was and BSing with this guy I'm realizing he's the same guy from a different sale last year that mentioned a Vectrex that turned into nothing. I don't remember if I mentioned this but the cliff notes would be 1) told about Vectrex and having a sale again next week 2) next week rained out 3) 2 weeks later stop back by nothing out and asking sounded like kids wanted to keep but took my number incase things change. Only other thing worth noting about last year is that at some point they hinted at not knowing what it's worth so I figured they don't know shit about eBay or Amazon and couldn't be trusted to know how to properly read it and want more then it's worth if they were to look it up online to figure out what they would ask for it. One sale hinted at a SNES with "a bunch of games" and that they almost brought it. I figured I 'd offer to leave my number and the one girl asked me how much it was worth so even with the guy saying "we'll give you a call" as if to be serious about following up and making a deal on it I have little faith that they will.

7-25-14

vy83rk.jpg
35n9a3t.jpg

Mortal Kombat (360, Looks Complete Aside From Online Pass) - 2
Everything Else - 16.75

Mortal Kombat was asking price, all of the cart games (aside from Mortal Kombat 3) were brought out and I offered 10 then I also got the PSP cord for .75 and a bag of PSP games for 5 which were both asking price (Simpsons game is ruined). They were still setting up when I got to this sale so I went to a few other sales and stopped back and ended up getting Mortal Kombat 3 for a buck which was accidently seperated from the other games I got.

7-26-14

2u4r2fa.jpg
2i9qwhs.jpg

N64 Stuff (Cord On Arcade Controller Shot & One AV Cord Also Bad) - 10
Champions: Return To Arms (No Manual, Rough Insert) - 1
8 Game Boy Games - 5

Everything I found today was brought out when I asked about video games, offered 5 for the Game Boy games and the other two items brought out were asking price.

Non Find BS -
I got out just after 7:30 and was out for a little over 3 hours and got to 39 sales with so many around and some community type BS going on. Not much to say aside from the fact that I got to so many yard sales yet could only scrape up what I got and only asking about video games. To think that I wouldn't have even ended up with even a meager parting gift of video games at the yard sales out of 39 sales if I didn't ask about video games. It's just that thin in my area on bad days as the only thing I was told about missing all day were some DS games at one sale and the only things I recall passing on that were interesting at all were some 360 & PS3 games that were 10 each and a copy of Plants vs Zombies for the PS3 marked 15.

8-1-14

2kraer.jpg
2ey855d.jpg

Playstation 2 & SpongeBob Game (GC, Complete) - 10
SpongeBob Game For PS1 (No Manual) - .50
Top Row of Xbox Games (5 Complete & 5 Disk Only) - .25 Each
Middle Row of Xbox Games & 2 GBA Games - 6
Aqua Aqua (Complete) - 1
Burnout Revenge (No Manual) - 1

The PS2 Was 15 and the game was .75, I offered 10 for the system and the lady didn't have change and said 10 for both would work. Resident Evil 4 is just the case and manual which I got for free from the same sale I got the .25 Xbox games at. Burnout 2 is complete and the other 4 games in the middle row are sealed, WarioWare is a "Not For Sale" copy. This sale was a buck each to which I offered $6 for 7 games. Everything else not mentioned was asking price.

No Find BS -
Was out for a little over 2 hours and went to a dozen sales and didn't hear about anything I missed or recall any way overpriced stuff. The sale I got the sealed Xbox games at was actually a guy who used to be a manager at the local EBgames for about 15 years from sometime in the mid/early 90 til shortly after GameStop took over. I haven't seen him since he left GameStop and wasn't surprised in the least to hear that a large part of the reason he left was because of the way they run things at GameStop.

8-2-14

fp3uaq.jpg
28jgsid.jpg

SpongeBob Plug & Play - .50
GBC With 3 Games & GameShark - 10
Everything Else - 10

Plug & Play was asking price. Asked about games and the GBC stuff was brought out, 10 was the asking price. The SNES has a generice AV cord with it which could be swapped with the NES RF to in a sense make all 3 systems complete with hookups. The small system bundles were 5 each and took 10 for all 3.

Non Find BS -
Had a small list of about 10 sales but was still out from shortly before 8 till shortly after 10 and actually got to 21 sales. I don't recall being told about anything I missed or seeing anything way overpriced again. Saturday was unique for the fact that I went to every single sale on my list and didn't find a single video game but ended up lucking out with my finds on the way home after that with unadvertised sales I tripped over. The 3 systems that were 5 each I was rather suprised to see still sitting around at about 9:15 for what they were asking. This sale was on a main road and I'm thinking it might have actually started at 9 as it is tough to imagine this stuff sitting around with no one snatching it up for well over an hour.

8-8-14

xo3aeo.jpg

New Super Mario Bros Wii (Complete) - 2
NES Stuff - 5

I was asked to make an offer on NSMBW, I offered 3 but between me having almost no small bills and the seller not having change he ended up taking 2. Asked about games at another sale and the NES stuff was brought out, was asking a buck for the system and .50 a game to which I offered 5 for everything.

Non Find BS -
Was only out for a little over 2 hours and got to 14 sales. When I asked about video games and the girl asked another lady at the sale about some old Nintendo stuff and if she gave it away to which the lady said no and that they could bring it out and sell it. The stuff is rather beat up looking and that copy of SMB 3 does have a hole in it. The Mickey game has a chunk of plastic broken out of the back of the shell.

8-9-14

330d7vo.jpg
30nd56s.jpg
2cztxzk.jpg
2exoqh5.jpg

15 PS1 & PS2 Games (All Complete) - 13
2 Crap Wii Games (Complete) - Buck Each
Red Wii With Hook Ups & Generic Wii-Mote - 10
Dreamcast With Hook Ups 2 Controllers, VMU And Disk Only Street Fighter III 3rd Strike, PS1 GameShark, AC Adaptor For Genesis 2 - 5
Everything Else In All But The First Picture - 57

The PS1 & PS2 games were brought out when I asked about video games at the first sale of the day and were asking a buck each, I offered 10 for what I had and was countered with 13. Wii games were asking price. Wii had no price on it, offered 10 which was taken. Asked about games at another house and Xbox was mentioned and a bin with misc stuff including a few systems was brought out. Offered 3 for what I picked out and was countered with 5. Later in the day I asked about video games at a moving sale and the guy bought out two plastic bins of his older games and was willing to sell some of the games. He offered to do 25 for all of the Genesis stuff, .50 per a NES game and $4 a GC game. The GC games are all complete, top row of Genesis games are complete, Street Fighter complete but the manual is missing it's front/back cover. Batman to Star Trek no manuals, next two cart with partial cut up cardboard box and unfornately General Chaos being case and manual only.

Non Find BS
I had a list of 23 yardsales which is about twice as many as I usually have but ended up getting to 36 sales total and between so many sales and being slowed down I was out for about 5 1/2 hours, I was at the one sale for about an hour. I got to my first sale about 15 minutes early and while I was looking at the PS1,2 games I noticed the guy who tried to snake me on a Sega Master System I was trying to make a deal on a few years ago lurking around. This same guy I watched buy a PS2 bundle at 7 AM one time that was IIRC $75 yet today he didn't even want to bother looking at these PS2 games after I was done at a buck each. One house ended up being a repeat from last year and was advertised as just the street name so I was thinking it might be the same house or it might not be. They had the same dreck PS2, Xbox games that were $4 last year and mostly sports games but they were $3 this year. It's about 10:45 and it looks as if they only sold a few games if any the way the games are fitted in the box. I offerd 3 for 2 games which was shot down, then offered 2 for the one only to be told naw can't go any lower then 3 of which most of these games they had weren't worth soaking wet anywhere. The house I got the Dreamcast at also had a PS1 missing parts and an Xbox with everything needed, I was thinking I probably could have gotten the Xbox for $5 that I wasen't in the mood to take a chance on at a decent price. The sale I spent $57 I didn't even bother trying to go lower even when the guy said some of his prices with that uncertain tone and asking if said price works for me since he was nice enough to bring the stuff out. When I asked about video games him and his girlfriend or wife actually laughed then he mentioned he was thinking about selling some of the stuff at the yardsale but didn't in the end for fear of only getting low offers even if he put it out rather cheap. I didn't recogize her until she said something to me first but I went to school with this guy's girlfriend and she said she was surprised I convinced him to bring out any of his games for sale. He was willing to let go of all of the Genesis stuff, out of the GameCube games I asked about only SSBM he wanted to keep and of the NES stuff he had a top loader system and held on to about 15-20 games, and before he even brought out the games he did say upfront that he wanted to keep all of the SNES stuff which I couldn't blame him for as I wouldn't throw stones if I lived in a glass house. Last but not least late in the day I was told about an old Nintendo of some sorts at one house on a street sale in which I was having deja vu. Lady sounded like she would like to get rid of the Nintendo but if I understood correctly it sounded like her son lives out of town somewhere and when mom called him to ask if he wants it or if it's ok to get rid of it she left a message asking him this and he never got back to her. The funniest part about all of this is who I'm guessing is the same lady told me a similar story about something Sega back in 2010 give or take a year.

8-15-14

2m7hm44.jpg
2d7vhg9.jpg

10 Wii Games - 5
SNES With 16 Games & Nintendo Storage Cart - 25

I was interested in Zelda & Wii Sports but they wanted to get rid of everything and were asking 5. Zelda is only a case away from being comeplete, the rest of games are crap. SNES games were a buck a piece but said 25 for all of the SNES stuff and pointed out the missing av cord and took my offer of 20 then I also got the storage cart for $5.

Nothing else worth mentioning Friday was out for a little over 2 hours and got to 14 sales.

8-16-14

24y5zeb.jpg
2pzleyq.jpg

DS Lite Power Plug - 1
8 Misc New Video Game Accessories - 5
5 Complete Xbox Games - 5
Game Boy Color With Rampage 2: Universal Tour (No Battery Cover) - 2
3 Wii Games (Complete) & 2 Wii Remotes - 3 Each
10 Super Nintendo Games - 20

The 8 misc new video game accessories were a buck each, I offered 4 for 8 and was countered with 5. The one just right of Soul Calibur II is the only one that is really interesting at all as it's a multi game type thing that lets you plug in 3 games. The Xbox games were 2 each but took 5 for 5. SNES games were 3 each but took 20 for 10 games. Everything else was asking price.

Was out from just before 8 till just before 11 and got to 21 sales total. The sale with the Wii stuff was 3 a game, 3 per an accessory and oddly enough they decide to sell a boxed system with hookups and no controllers for 20. After I left I realized I should have asked if they would consider selling the Wii Remotes & Nunchuks together as 1 since they go together and did seem like nice folks but did do something else right as I was getting the vibe that they were getting rid of all of the Wii stuff and not holding back anything so I asked about Mario Kart Wii since I saw some of the wheels that go with it and it was found in the system and they actaully went right in and rounded up the case and manual for it. The house I got the SNES games at the guy actually had a box with video games in the trunk of his car and was telling me that someone tried to walk off with some games the day before so he didn't want to leave them out for fear of someone else trying to steal them. Sounded like the games were his daughter's and he even showed me a cheat sheet he had with all of the prices. He also had a good number of PS2, some GameCube games, a few DS games, 2 guides and a DS Lite. All other games were 5 each and the DS Lite was 50 so I didn't bother. One of the guides was Zelda TP (GC, Prima) and he mentioned selling the game Friday and catching hell for not selling it with the guide (which was marked 10 for both on his cheat sheet) unfornately when I asked about the other guide (Crash 3) he figured 5 for that which I didn't even feel like bothering to make an offer from. Not much of interest for me starting at 5 for the rest of the games, Dual Hearts (PS2) with no manual, one of the Harvest Moon games on the GameCube and one of the 2nd string Pokemon games on the DS being the best I recall.

8-22-14

v6p3xf.jpg
r86xbd.jpg

Black Wii With 28 Games Everything Needed Except The AV Cord And A Bunch of Misc Not Pictured - 25
The 6 Non Wii Games Pictured, GBA SP & DS Lite - 13

For the non Wii stuff the games were a buck each, GBA SP 2 & DS Lite 5 all asking prices. Systems are system only and all games are complete aside from the case, map and maunal for GTA which actually had Twisted Metal Head On in the case. The Wii games were $10 for all and the system with everything else $20 and they took my offer of $25 for all. All games complete aside from a few, Guitar Hero 3 - no disk, Nascar Kart Racing - no manual and 101 and the monster truck game are sealed. One game not pictured in Just Dance 2 that I gave to someone at the sale. I didn't bother to picture the dreck, Guitar controllers, another gun that wasen't new, charging dock for controllers, 2 mics, misc crap etc. 

Non Find BS
I only went to 6 sales friday but still ended up getting lucky at 2 sales. The sale with the Wii stuff advertised Wii games and I got to the sale 20 minutes early and saw a sign that said Wii games $10 but didn't say "each". So I'm thinking they either wanted $10 for everything or $10 for all. A few games were missing NSMB was in the system and GH3 ended up being the only disk missing when I got home and sorted it all out. I only actually bothered to make sure a few of the games weren't missing and not too scratched up. I didn't take a good look at the system stuff but when I got home found the other Mario Kart Wii which also included the disk for Wii Sports Resort in the case which would have been missing if I only bought the games and not the system.

8-23-14

fp6kuc.jpg

Red Dead Redemption (360, Sealed) - 1
2 PS1 Games & 1 DS Demo - 2
4 PC Games - 2
Everything Else In The First Picture - 10

RDR was asking price. Spider-Man is sealed and Ridge Racer DS is complete aside from the fact that it actually had the demo for Metroid in the case, they were a buck each and took 2 for the 3. PC games were a buck each but took 2 for 4, I'm pretty sure they are all complete. The last 11 games were a buck each aside from Halo which was marked 2 and took 10 for all 11 and 2 cases missing the games. The top or middle row starting with Halo are all complete, Assassin's Creed III to TMNT - no manual. Metal Slug is a Movie Gallery Insert but has the manual and Mario Party 7 & Simpsons Hit And Run are case and manual only.

2ywfuxl.jpg

Link Toy - .25
Duke Nukem 64 - 1
Game Boy With Tetris (Bad Screen) - 2
Game Cube Stuff - 3
15 Games - 15

Asked about games and the Game Boy was brought out, asked me to make an offer so I offered them $2. Game Cube was 5 but took 3. When I asked about games at the last sale of the day the (mostly) NES games were brought out and they offered to do a buck each. Other 2 items were asking price.

Was out from just after 7 till just before 10:30 and got to 27 sales total. The GameCube games were a nice surprise as it was at an unadvertised sale I tripped over. I saw some games then I noticed a box with DVDs on top but noticed some white cases and digging in the box found the GameCube games. Everything I got at that sale was in the box aside from Halo, Assassin's Creed and Destroy All Humans. I could tell that they weren't holding back while at the Sale I got the PS1 & DS games at I was getting the vibe that they probably weeded out the lesser then games to go into the box of media type stuff for the sale and weren't just getting rid of everything for any of the 4 systems represented in the box. The sale with PC games probably had about 50-100 PC games roughly but mostly newer stuff. The house I got Duke Nukem at was a house I've been to before that mentioned having games that they still use. The house next door was were I got the 15 games at and when I asked about video games they asked me if I was looking for anything in particular to which I got them to bring a bag of games out and they sold me all of the games they didn't play. They only really held on to a few games, SMB/DH, SMB3, Zelda and Diddy Kong Racing. When I asked about video games one house (right around 8 but they started at 7) mentioned selling some sort of video games already and the house I got RDR at mentioned selling some games, they mostly had Wii games out marked a buck each.

8-29-13

negdbn.jpg

Shadowgate Classic & Sonic Advance - 3.50
Everything Else - 13

The Game Boy games were $3 but I offered $4 for the both of them and a Calvin & Hobbes book that was .50 so I figured it broke down to 1.75 per a game. Each of The Commodore computers were $5 each, $2 for the 5 1/4th misc cords & controllers and a buck for VF4E which is complete.

8-30-13

30ljqf6.jpg

2 Complete DS Games & Genesis Plug & Play - 3
Wii Sports Resort (Only Missing The Wii MotionPlus) & 2 1st Party Nunchuks - 6
3 GameCube Games (No Manual For Zelda 4 Swords, Other 2 Complete) - 5

The Plug & Play was 2 while the DS games were a buck each, offered 3 for all 3 of them. Asked about games and some Wii stuff was brought out at one house, they were asking 3 a game. I offered 5 for what I got which was countered with 6. GameCube games were 2 each but took 5 for the 3 I got.

Not much going on Friday as I only went to 10 sales and was out for about 2 hours. Saturday I went on my alternate route since my normal route barely had any sales advertised that I've never been to before and one sale on my alternate route advertised video games, got to 25 sales and was out from 7:30 til 11:30. Aside from an easy to get to sale in my town on the way out of town my first stop was a sale that advertised Wii with games and a 3DS. I was set to get to the sale 10 minutes early but had some trouble and confusion finding it. On this street all I saw was a sale with 1 table and no one around that I figured was an unadvertised sale that was still setting up as it was off by a block or two from where I expected the sale I was looking for to be. I wasted 20 minutes before giving up and going to said sale only to find out that everything was set up out back aside from this one table out front. I look around don't see any video games and start looking at some CDs not realizing this was the sale I was looking for. I was the only person at the sale but shortly after a somewhat older (I would guess in her 50s) lady shows up and I'm noticing that she is looking at something and it's a 3DS in the box that must not have been for me between wasting 20 minutes and breezing right by it and missing it and to make matters worse it's $20. BSing with the guy the Wii with games was gone already and the only game I know of is Zelda (I'd guess Twilight Princess). One house mentioned selling an N64 the day before and the house I got the GameCube games from mentioned some Wii games that were sold already, oddly enough it was a Friday Saturday sale and these GameCube games were still around at 10:30-10:45ish but for all I know they were only sitting out Saturday and it's a good thing as it was pretty much the only good thing I found yardsaling for 4 hours Saturday. The house I got the Wii stuff at hinted at some N64 stuff that they'd be willing to bring out only to be told that it was MIA so so and so must have taken it to college.

9-5-14

314sg1f.jpg

Xbox 360 Remote - 1
Everything Else 4.25

The remote was asking price. Everything else was .25 each except the Wii power cord which was a buck. No manuals for either of the Wii games but everything else is complete.

9-6-14

2qaiosl.jpg

PC game (CIJ) - 1
Everything Else (All Games Complete) - 20

The PC game was asking price. One house brought out some GameCube games and offered to sell them for $5 each. I picked out Super Mario Sunshine & Gauntlet and offered 10 for the two along with the PS1 & Xbox game which were out and marked a buck each. I left this sale and got a block away before deciding to go back and grab F-Zero & Luigi's Manion, they were both already out but in two different small GameCube lots marked $30 & $60. I asked the guy if he would split them out for $5 each which he did. The Game Boy case was in a free box and had a Game Boy link cable in it.

Non Find BS
Friday I was out for almost 2 hours and got to 8 sales, only interesting thing was one lady mentioned having a "Game Boy" but said she wanted to hold onto since it'll probably be worth money some day. Saturday 13 sales and was out for about 2 1/2 hours. The sale I got the games at had some system bundles that were rather pricey, other one not mentioned being a PSP bundle with about 20 games and a system for 150. Besides the usual have/had some sort of old game stuff one house did mention a Genesis with a "stack" of games that I missed by 9 when I was at this sale. The hand jesture the guy made had me thinking it was about 10 games give or take a few. 

9-12&13-14

2hwmtef.jpg

GBC (Atomic Purple, Battery Cover Missing) & Pac-Man (GBC) - 1.25
System Only DS Lite (No Stylus) - 1

Not many sales Friday, asking price for both finds.

GBC With 8 Games - 15
Mario Kart Wii (Complete) - 5
8 Complete Games - 6

Asked about games at a sale just a few minutes before it started as they were just starting to set up, guy brought out some sports PS3 games (2 each) & the GBC stuff that was part of the sale, was asking 20 and I offered 10 and he offered to meet me in the middle. At the last sale of the day Mario Kart was the only game out took my offer of 5 from 10. For the last 8 games, surprisingly good spreed of mostly GameCube games as this was all aside from a few PC games and 1 Wii game. Buck each to which I offered 5 and they countered with 6.

Non Find BS -
10 sales on Friday and was out for about an hour and 45 minutes. Saturday raining but only 2 sales on my list had nothing going on. Got to 15 sale and was out for just over 2 and a half hours. One unadvertised sale I tripped over hinted at selling a whole box of stuff when I asked about games, this was on Saturday and the stuff was sold on Friday. Mentioned Playstation 2 something Nintendo and something else newer with stuff like DVDs also mentioned as if it was a box of mixed media but it probably wasn't as great as one can't help but imagine it being when they are told about missing something with a few different systems mentioned. I left my number at the house I got the GBC bundle as the guy hinted at some Playstion and N64 stuff in "storage". He called me just before I got home and I called him back about 5 minutes later. He mentioned some Playstation 2 games him or someone in the family rounded up and put out but as he went to check them and tell me what games they were he realized that someone just bought all of them. I thanked him for the trouble of calling me and said I would still be interested in the other stuff he mentioned to me earlier but he hinted at his brother probably wanting to keep it so I at least got a good idea of why this call back won't pan out. I'm guessing either he mentioned the PS & N64 stuff not thinking much about if said brother would mind if it was sold or asked his brother at some point in the morning after I was at the sale only to be told by his brother that he has no interest in getting rid of the stuff.

9-14-14

27y964w.jpg
i5c9ll.jpg

Playstation 1 (No Hookups) With 40 Games - $10

I don't know how much they were asking for the PS1 with 3 controllers and two goofy memory cards but the games were .50 each. I found the disk only Clock Tower with Rayman 2 and Resident Evil Director's Cut was missing the disk. No back insert for Medal of Honor and NFL Xtreme, no manual for Hexxen. Everything else is complete aside from the Star Wars game that was in the system. At first I had 10 games picked out (everything face up aside from the demo, MOH & NFL Xtreme). I went back and figured I'd pick out a few more games and see if I could get them added in and offer 5 but when I went back and looked at the games again they offered to let me have all of the PS1 stuff for $10.

Misc Details
Always check the yardsales on craigslist late morning/early afternoon just incase for sales that are just deciding to advertise on CL while the sale is going on especially if they ain't getting much traffic. This sale was a little further out then I normally go yardsaling as it's almost a 30 minute drive. I saw it advertised on CL shortly after 1 PM Sunday and the CL ad was only an hour old at this point. It had a picture of the PS1 games and I could just barely make out Castlevania on top with the glare in the picture. I was thinking about sending a reply on CL to see if the games were still around and if they would hold them just long enough for me to make the trip but I usually never get a reply when I ask about something on a yardsale listing on CL so I looked up the address and noticed that by the location of the sale that they probably weren't getting too much traffic if they didn't advertise in the paper or put up really good signs. I decided to take a chance if I was beat to the stuff or even if it was an old picture from when the sale started and the games were gone or picked over before they even put the ad up on CL. I actually learned a lesson a week or two before as one Saturday night I saw a listing on CL late morning/early afternoon that mentioned old games systems but it was 6 something at night by the time I saw it. I actually decided to drive by that house the next day since it's an area I drive by on the way home from the flea market just incase and saw someone outside who I asked if the games were still around, they were gone.

9-19&20-14

20pon82.jpg

Perfect Dark (Complete) - .50
Everything Else - 20

Asked about games at one house and all of the Game Boy stuff was brought out for $20. Perfect Dark was asking price also.

Non Find BS -
Was out for an hour and a half friday, 5 Sales Friday and I didn't find anything. I've actually have been really lucky this year and even on days with a list about 10 sales give or take a few I've still found something, I think this is only the 2nd day this year not finding a single thing. With so few sale I probably just should have went to the 2 within a mile or two of my place and just went to the other 3 on Saturday but have a phobia that the one sale I skip will end up being the dragon I'm chasing. Saturday was out for a little over 2 hours and got to 13 sales. Didn't hear about anything I missed either day or see anything way overpriced but one sale right by my place that I got to right at 7 the girl I asked about video games said that her boyfriend/husband would "murder" her if she sold his old games then went on to mention that he goes out to yardsales and asks about old video games. I've actually been told twice in this area this year that I'm not the first one to ask about video games and one of them was just the week before just a few minutes after 7:30 at a sale that started at 7:30.

9-26&27-14

10ylzk1.jpg

Sonic And The Secret Rings (Complete) - 2
Nintendo Power Lunch Pail - .10
3 Game Boy Games (Pokemon Trading Card Game, Super Mario Bros 3 & Final Fantasy Tactics) - 6
RROD Xbox 360, Odama (Complete With Mic) And Nuby Virtual Gun (PS1, Saturn) - 15
Boxed System - 5

The Game Boy games were 3 each but took 6 for the 3. RROD 360 was 15 but took ten then I offered 14 for the game that was marked 2 and the gun that was 5 with With a Sega Saturn Stunner gun and the guy countered with 15. That boxed system is actually a Wii and not a Wii U. It's just the box itself and the Wii only has it's hook ups and stand and on top of all of that smells and looks musky or moldy from sitting in a celler. This was $10 with a bin that had a dance pad and Guitar Hero/Rock Band controllers. I asked if they would do just the system for 5 which they did. Sounded like they put this stuff in the Wii U box when the Wii U was bought and keep the WiiMotes and games for the Wii. Other two items were asking price.

Non Find BS
Non many sales this weekend, I got to 12 sales total and a flee market that runs twice a year. The sale I got the GBC/GBA games at I got to almost 20 minutes early and the DS & DSi stuff advertised was not out yet mom mentioned to me that it'll be out in about a half hour if I wanted to come back and mentioned that each system would be $40 with a few games with each of them. I ended up going back just before heading home at about 9:15 and an older lady had a DS Lite in her hand that she was buying and she got it for $20 from $25 since it didn't have a charger. When she overheard me getting the games I got for $2 she made comment about how she would have paid $3 for the one game (Mario 3 I'd guess) if she knew how much it was. One guy I've ran into at the yardsales that is interested in games was at the flea market early and said he got a SNES with 3 games for $5 about an hour early. BSing with this guy he was telling me he got a boxed 1514 floppy drive at the same sale I got the C64 stuff at a few weeks ago later on after I was at the sale that wasn't out at the sale or brought out when I asked about video games. Another seller asked me if I was looking for anything in particular at the flea market and mentioned selling a Game Boy with some games when I asked about video games.

10-3&4-14

anms10.jpg

Pac-Man & Ms. Pac-Man Salt & Pepper Shakers - 1
N64 Stuff - 5

No price on the salt & pepper shakers offer a buck for them. Asked about video games at one sale and they mentioned an old Nintendo system that was nearby and easy to get to in the garage, offered $5 for it.

Non Find BS -
Not many sales, was only out for a little over an hour each day. Friday 3 sales and found the salt & pepper shackers and Saturday 7 sales and six of them were from a block sale. Besides being late in the season they were calling for rain making a slow week that much slower.

10-11-14

2i75kjb.jpg

Wii Stuff - 20
Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (GBA) Both With Bad Labels - 4

Pokemon was marked a buck and Zelda was marked 5 I offered 3 for both which was countered with 4. The Wii stuff was marked $25 to which I offered 15 and was countered with 20. Has everything needed include a nunchuk you can't see under that mess of cords. The Wii Remotes are both missing their backs. This is actually 10 games total, the middle stack of games with their spines up are actually missing disks and Wii Fit along with Wii Sports are missing the manuals. The rest of the games are complete.

Non Find BS -
Only went to 2 sales near me Friday and got to 12 sales Saturday. I actually didn't find any video games Friday and then Saturday at first. I was done for the day and when I got home realized I missed out on the one sale that adveristed video games as I confused it with another sale on the same road and between 2 ads I though they were both for the same house. I went to this wrong house as my first sale of the day thinking it was the house advertising video games. I got home shortly after 9 and went back out for the sale I missed advertising video games and tripped over some unadvertised sales on the way to the sale advertising video games and didn't actually make it to said sale till shortly after 10 but they still had everything they were advertising perhaps partly because this sale was a few miles out of town. At the last sale of the day I saw my first copy of GTA V at a yardsale but it was $15 and they mentioned calling GameStop and that is what they offered for it.

10-18-14

33u7m2v.jpg

I only went to 3 yardsales this weekend but ended up lucking out at one of them. When I asked about video games the NES games were brought out and were 2 each. BSing with the guy he did have a system and said it didn't work and I said I'd still be interested if he wanted to get rid of it so he brought out the system which had Donkey Kong Jr in it. I offered 25 for everything which was countered with 40 and we ended up meeting at 35.

10-25-14

huivx0.jpg

3 Sega Genesis Games - 3
THPS3 (N64) - .25

The Genesis games were asking price. Arch Rivals & Zero Tolerance are complete, Aladdin is missing the instructions and Sonic 2 is case and manual only and was free when the game missing was pointed out. THPS3 was asking price at an unadvertised sale I tripped over from a sign I saw on a main road.

Non Find BS -
Went to 4 sales Friday and while I didn't find anything at the last sale of the day a guy who said he's overheard me asking about video games before at yard sales ran into a lady the week before at a random yard sale who he overheard mention something about some video games she wanted to sell so he offered to take her info to pass on to me next time he saw me. This was rather odd as this lady was actually another customer at this sale but sounded promising as weird as it was. Besides her name and number it mentioned game set bundles N64, PS1 & "1st Nintendo w/ lots of games". I call this lady and the short of it was she already had the N64 & PS1 stuff on Craigslist and it was so expensive that she had one inqury about the N64 stuff and it was a scammer as I verified and she was suspecting. She seemed nice enough considering this was going nowhere but didn't have a clue and was a perfect example of how eBay ruins things with it being considered now a days to be the source of what stuff is worth. This lady was telling me she looked everything up and at one point while talking to her for almost an hour I had to as politely as I could ask her if she ever sold anything on eBay (no) and try and explain to her the whole idea of what stuff "sold" for and tell her at one point that the broken N64 for $100 she mentioned seeing is not what they "sell" for. The NES with "lots" of games ended up being about 15 games and wasn't up for sale yet but she offered to take a picture of the games to send to me once she gets around to it. On Saturday I went to a sale in a gymnasium very simular to a church sale, got to it 10 minutes early only to see they had a line and were starting at 9 sharp. My hopes were really low but with so little going on (6 sales total Saturday) I decided to check it out. Most people going in went to the right so I went to the left and much to my surprise saw a box with the side of a NES sticking up before more then about one or two people headed over in that direction and the Genesis games were sitting right beside this box. In the box was a NES missing the power plug but had everything else including a zapper, 2 controllers and a SMB/DK, a GBC, a GBA and IIRC a PS1 memory card and was $10 for the box. Another guy I've seen around and have BSed about video games at the yard sales and looks for them came up shortly after I got to this stuff and said he didn't have a toaster NES so I let him have the box.

bread's done
Back