3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='larrythefatcat'] ...and, although nothing has been heard about that since the announcement, Amazon has all three titles listed as available 8/30 but all of them are priced at $34.99. We can only assume that they'll drop down to $29.99 and then lower to match any sales prices at Target, Wal-Mart or even BB... I might just wait the extra 4 weeks.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if a person could bite now and then price-match the ads come the 30th if they are lower? It'd be *just* under Best Buys 30 day pricematch so it should work, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='movie_mike']I wonder if a person could bite now and then price-match the ads come the 30th if they are lower? It'd be *just* under Best Buys 30 day pricematch so it should work, right?[/QUOTE]

sure, you can do that. But, I doubt any B&M will have it for less than $25 (the effective price right now at BB if you buy 2 or more). Amazon maybe, but BB in general does not PM Amazon.

Wish I'd known how stupid Rio was... had decent reviews. For some reason all CGI animated movies get an extra 20% extra credit on Rotten Tomatoes.!

[quote name='herc4444baby']I could always change my mind and move the current TV to the bedroom and move up.[/QUOTE]

I must start by saying please don't take this as being rude, just confused, but:

WHAT THE fuck are you talking about!?

...that is all...

[quote name='doubledown']
I believe Avatar is becoming more affordable on 3D. I saw it on HBO 3D.[/QUOTE]

For lack of a better thread-
Is it (Avatar) still on HBO 3D?

Sadly, my HBO 3d on demand just got culled down to just Despicable Me. However, I did get to watch How to Train your Dragon in 3d several times (one of our family favorites so far) but I guess that's gone.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']For lack of a better thread-
Is it (Avatar) still on HBO 3D?

Sadly, my HBO 3d on demand just got culled down to just Despicable Me. However, I did get to watch How to Train your Dragon in 3d several times (one of our family favorites so far) but I guess that's gone.[/QUOTE]

Nope....only Despicable ME from what I see now also. I believe the 3D movies come and go often for them. They had a bunch of stuff at one point. The only 3D movie I have watched on HBO was Avatar, and I thought it was decent.

There seem to be several reports that
Paramount/Dreamworks will release 3D versions of How to Train Your Dragon, Monsters Vs. Aliens and Megamind on Sept. 6 as Best Buy exclusives.

These have fetched some ridiculous prices on ebay! I hope BB does a deal similar to the Rio/Narnia deal.

If they do, let's hope it's a combo pack for each one and not the single 3D-only disc releases they've done in the past for the pack-in exclusives.

[quote name='shrike4242']If they do, let's hope it's a combo pack for each one and not the single 3D-only disc releases they've done in the past for the pack-in exclusives.[/QUOTE]

Ehh, depends on how they price them.

I was glad to get Cloudy with a Chance 3D, Open Season 3D, Monster House 3D and RE 3D for $15 each from Fry's- all were single disc 3D's . . . of those I believe at least Cloudy was a Sony bundle exclusive at one time.

However, I would absolutely want all the extras for How to Train your Dragon.
Monster vs. Aliens and Megamind I'd rather just get cheap, if at all in Megamind's case.

This may not apply to everyone else, but I have a personal deal on Priest...

I'm not going to buy it=$0...

IT'S THE BIGGEST BARGAIN EVAR!!! ;)

Oh, BTW, does anyone know if the Best Buy exclusive Fox 3D titles are on sale again this week (until tomorrow)? I saw on the website that they're $30 each and there's a deal to buy Rio+one of the other two and you get $10 off.

Just wondering if that was in-store, too.

@ nbballard its only one disc not 4 disces :whistle2:(

Last edited:
aslo OP you can added this ones

Bolt 3D [Blu-ray]released on November 8, 2011 34.99
http://www.amazon.com/Bolt-3D-Blu-r...20?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1313792318&sr=1-20

Chicken Little 3D [Blu-ray]released on November 8, 2011 31.49
http://www.amazon.com/Chicken-Littl...21?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1313792481&sr=1-21

Meet The Robinsons 3D [Blu-ray]released on November 8, 2011 31.49
http://www.amazon.com/Meet-Robinson...22?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1313792565&sr=1-22

Toy Story 3D [Blu-ray]released on November 1, 2011 34.99
http://www.amazon.com/Toy-Story-Blu...26?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1313792779&sr=1-26

Toy Story 2 3D [Blu-ray]released on November 1, 2011 34.99
http://www.amazon.com/Toy-Story-2-3...24?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1313792628&sr=1-24

Toy Story 3 3D [Blu-ray]released on November 1, 2011 34.99
http://www.amazon.com/Toy-Story-3-3...27?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1313792815&sr=1-27

Toy Story 3d Trilogy[Blu-ray] released on November 1, 2011 69.99
http://www.amazon.com/Toy-Story-3d-...25?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1313792699&sr=1-25

G-Force 3D [Blu-ray]released on November 8, 2011 31.49
http://www.amazon.com/G-Force-3D-Bl...28?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1313792861&sr=1-28

Sold my MvA on EBAY for $56....now, if he will just PAY ME. I hate winners who don't pay right away. He does have 100% feedback with 30+ ratings. Nice to see the TOY STORY Trilogy in 3D. I have the first two in regular BD though.

3D Toy Story Trilogy set is available for pre-order on Amazon.com at $67.99, which looks like only the 3D movies without 2D counterparts (releases 11/01/11):
http://www.amazon.com/Toy-Story-Trilogy-3D-Blu-ray/dp/B005HS4CUY

There are also stand-alone releases for each Toy Story movie (4 or 5-disc, with 3D BD / 2D BD / DVD / DC) @ $36.99 each. Also hitting on 11/01/11.

Meet The Robinsons 3D (3D BD / 2D BD / DVD) is also up for pre-order for $40.49 (releases 11/08/11):
http://www.amazon.com/Meet-Robinsons-Three-Disc-Combo-Blu-ray/dp/B005GSVFGY

G-Force 3D and Bolt 3D also hit on 11/08/11, with $40.49 for G-Force and $44.99 for Bolt 3D. Also combo packs like MtR.

I'll wait to see if Amazon has sales on any of the new 3-D movies coming out; their prices are pretty out of hand right now. My pre-order of Lion King and Beauty and the Beast 3-D is currently at $38, or $19 for each. $40 and up is way over the top, now that there is starting to be a decent selection of 3-D Blu-ray content. I've sold my exclusive 3-D glasses bundled BD-only versions of the five Best Buy exclusive 3-D Blu-rays that either just came out, or are coming out in September, plus my exclusive Coraline 3-D BD only, and am buying the retail versions. I knew this would happen at some point, and I knew I'd do this. Not very CAG, but I like having the retail versions when they're available. I'll do the same with my 2-D only BDs of the Toy Story movies, and the other disney 3-D releases.

[quote name='shrike4242']3D Toy Story Trilogy set is available for pre-order on Amazon.com at $67.99, which looks like only the 3D movies without 2D counterparts (releases 11/01/11):
http://www.amazon.com/Toy-Story-Trilogy-3D-Blu-ray/dp/B005HS4CUY

There are also stand-alone releases for each Toy Story movie (4 or 5-disc, with 3D BD / 2D BD / DVD / DC) @ $36.99 each. Also hitting on 11/01/11.

Meet The Robinsons 3D (3D BD / 2D BD / DVD) is also up for pre-order for $40.49 (releases 11/08/11):
http://www.amazon.com/Meet-Robinsons-Three-Disc-Combo-Blu-ray/dp/B005GSVFGY

G-Force 3D and Bolt 3D also hit on 11/08/11, with $40.49 for G-Force and $44.99 for Bolt 3D. Also combo packs like MtR.[/QUOTE]

beat you to it strike :lol:

[quote name='doubledown']$50...really? Who is responsible for that pricing!

I'm curious how the Toy Story 1/2 conversion to 3D will be.[/QUOTE]
I have high hopes, I'm preordering a set.

[quote name='doubledown']
EDIT: Anyone wach Yogi Bear in 3D? It's on HBO right now, but I have not much desire to see the movie.....is it any good?[/QUOTE]

If you can see it for free (HBO 3D) and you absolutely hate Yogi the Bear cartoons with a passion you might find the indignity, phoned in nature, and disrespect of the film satisfying in a sadistic way.
It is awful, even my 5 Y.O. said it was bad.

does cable have 3D if so which is better cable in 3D or DirecTV in 3D

[quote name='starmask2k3']does cable have 3D if so which is better cable in 3D or DirecTV in 3D[/QUOTE]

FiOS and UVERSE have several 3d channels and 3D On Demand (ESPN, HBO, a few other premium channels). I have no idea about direcTV, both my current and previous neighborhoods had a no dish covenant so I can't speak to that.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']FiOS and UVERSE have several 3d channels and 3D On Demand (ESPN, HBO, a few other premium channels). I have no idea about direcTV, both my current and previous neighborhoods had a no dish covenant so I can't speak to that.[/QUOTE]

what's UVERSE

[quote name='starmask2k3']does time warner have 3D[/QUOTE]

If that's a question then the answer is "yes," but it sounds like the only things available at present are ESPN 3D and some movies (a few free, but mostly paid on-demand) so not a lot of content yet.

As for the super-high prices for the upcoming 3D releases, I'm fairly certain that these are place-holder prices that are roughly 1% below the MSRP. I sure hope this is the case, anyway.

I'm afraid that the days of a DMR coupon for every Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D combo pack release may be numbered considering the lack of a coupon for Nightmare Before Christmas. I mean, come on, they have a coupon for Bambi II, but jack squat for NBC!? What's even worse is that the price for the remaining Disney titles seem like they're going to continue to be at least roughly $35 from most retailers... which is absolutely ridiculous!

I know at least one consumer who is going to speak with his wallet: this guy right here!

EDIT:
@h3llbring3r
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs was never an exclusive title, but was, in fact, the first non-hardware-exclusive commercially available Blu-ray 3D disc.

[quote name='larrythefatcat']
EDIT:
@h3llbring3r
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs was never an exclusive title, but was, in fact, the first non-hardware-exclusive commercially available Blu-ray 3D disc.[/QUOTE]

Yep, my mistake. I remembered seeing the ads in Best Buy touting it as a Sony exclusive for 3D Bravia owners but what I 'mis-remember' was this being advertised:
http://blog.sony.com/cloudy-with-a-chance-of-meatballs-exclusive-from-sony

[quote name='Sarang01']You forgot to add Ayumi Hamasaki's latest concert. That's a 3D Blu-ray.[/QUOTE]
I stopped adding the nature videos too. I would have a long ass list if I did all the concert videos and nature videos.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']I stopped adding the nature videos too. I would have a long ass list if I did all the concert videos and nature videos.[/QUOTE]Speaking of that, wouldn't it make sense to wikify the thread so that anyone can update it?

[quote name='shrike4242']Speaking of that, wouldn't it make sense to wikify the thread so that anyone can update it?[/QUOTE]
I noticed that last time I went to make an update. It's all wikified now... so feel free. If I wasn't so lazy, I might have alphabetized it by now.

Speaking of pricing, I was setting up a number of the 3D Disney movie to get price tracked on camelcamelcamel.com and noticed one thing with all of them.

For some reason, most of them were at $31.49 or $34.99, and I think that Bolt was $34.99 and the others (Chicken Little, Meet The Robinsons, plus more) were all $31.49. On August 20th, the prices were as they were above, though on August 22nd, all of the Disney 3D movies took a huge $9-$10 price hike upwards without any real reason.

Best way to see the pricing trends is to look up the movie on Amazon and get its ASIN #. Go to camelcamelcamel.com and put the ASIN # in their search box. It'll then show you the pricing history for the item that shows this behavior.

I'm hoping that they drop as time goes on closer to release, though it seems pretty lousy of Amazon to list an item and then two days after being listed, they go up in price $9-10 before release.

Sorry to double-post, though we had some price drops.

Meet The Robinsons and Chicken Little both dropped down to $30.99 from the $40.49 prices from before.

Green Lantern dropped down to $29.99.

Anyone know when other stores will be getting the 3 new (Best Buy Exclusive) movie's

[quote name='starmask2k3']Anyone know when other stores will be getting the 3 new (Best Buy Exclusive) movie's[/QUOTE]

Don't hold your breath. The Last Airbender are still basically exclusive if I remember right. Clash of the Titans was exclusive for a long time as well.

[quote name='doubledown']$50...really? Who is responsible for that pricing!

I'm curious how the Toy Story 1/2 conversion to 3D will be.

EDIT: Anyone wach Yogi Bear in 3D? It's on HBO right now, but I have not much desire to see the movie.....is it any good?[/QUOTE]

Blame Bob in accounting for the price. He has since been fired and the price has dropped.

is this the movie that comes with the glasses bundle

picture.php

If it says "not for resale", then yes it is.

The commercial release for Narnia 3D has 3D BD / 2D BD / DVD / DC copies in the package. The one you posted a pic of above doesn't, so it's the pack-in release.

[quote name='shrike4242']If it says "not for resale", then yes it is.

The commercial release for Narnia 3D has 3D BD / 2D BD / DVD / DC copies in the package. The one you posted a pic of above doesn't, so it's the pack-in release.[/QUOTE]

i was thinking it was but wanted to make sure i bought it on amazon from a 3rd party seller

Hey guys, I updated the list with a few release dates as well as some TBA titles. Being there's no Amazon Release Date, I tagged the articles which talk about them. Hope it helps and apologies if I "took advantage" of the Wiki ability.

bread's done
Back