3DS[i] eShop Shop Thread:**LAST DAY TO GET ZELDA 4 SWORDS FOR FREE**

For whatever reason I've recently upgraded to a DSi and was hoping for some recommendations. Pictobits has my attention, and I've heard good things about Dark Void Zero. Definitely more interested in puzzle games which have more replay value by default, though. What's worth getting?

Did you guys hear that there'll apparently be a way to transfer DSi/DSi LL Dsiware purchases to the 3DS? I hope it comes to pass and it's easy to do. But they might require you to have the original DSi system present when doing a transfer, so I'm not getting rid of my system before I have a 3DS.

[quote name='johnnypark']For whatever reason I've recently upgraded to a DSi and was hoping for some recommendations. Pictobits has my attention, and I've heard good things about Dark Void Zero. Definitely more interested in puzzle games which have more replay value by default, though. What's worth getting?[/QUOTE]

Pictobits is quite good. I like the Art Style games for the most part. Aquaria and Base 10 are probably my favorites, although I'd research first. Digidrive is fun, even if I still haven't discovered the necessary groove to really get high scores with it. Mighty Flip Champs and Reflection (forgot if the title changed) are dual-screen platformers, where actions you do affect another "self" of the avatar on the other screen. They might be good. You could try out the Mario vs DK game, which is sort of like a Lemmings clone.

As far as other types of games go: Shantae is a good Metroidvania-y type game. Xscape is a fun Battlezone clone, FPS tank battle game. Zenonia is sort of an attempt at Secret of Mana type action RPG, which has its moments.

Hope this helps.

[quote name='eastx']Did you guys hear that there'll apparently be a way to transfer DSi/DSi LL Dsiware purchases to the 3DS? I hope it comes to pass and it's easy to do. But they might require you to have the original DSi system present when doing a transfer, so I'm not getting rid of my system before I have a 3DS.[/QUOTE]

I would definitely advise that. As we have no permament account like you would with the 360 or PS3, DSiWare is tied to nothing except the console. Should everything go through as we have heard hints at, I would entirely imagine that you would need both the DSi and 3DS to transfer DSiWare.

[quote name='Strell']Pictobits is quite good. I like the Art Style games for the most part. Aquaria and Base 10 are probably my favorites, although I'd research first. Digidrive is fun, even if I still haven't discovered the necessary groove to really get high scores with it. Mighty Flip Champs and Reflection (forgot if the title changed) are dual-screen platformers, where actions you do affect another "self" of the avatar on the other screen. They might be good. You could try out the Mario vs DK game, which is sort of like a Lemmings clone.

As far as other types of games go: Shantae is a good Metroidvania-y type game. Xscape is a fun Battlezone clone, FPS tank battle game. Zenonia is sort of an attempt at Secret of Mana type action RPG, which has its moments.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Very helpful, thanks! I already downloaded Pictobits and I'm enjoying it. It gets hard kind of quickly, as of level 5 or so I was getting my ass kicked.

I didn't realize Shantae had a Metroid style ability system... my interest just increased significantly.

Starship Defense caught my eye, can anyone vouch for it?

Starship Defense is a very clever twist on the "tower defense" thing. Great production values too.

Boxlife is my fave puzzler.
It's very satisfying to cut and fold boxes, and rare to find a "new" type of puzzle game.

[quote name='johnnypark']Starship Defense caught my eye, can anyone vouch for it?[/QUOTE]
Excellent game, developed by the same team that made the excellent PixelJunk Monsters tower defense series as well as all PixelJunk games, Q-Games. :)

[quote name='http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/30/sepas_channel/']
gmode released what it says is its first rpg to dsi ware yesterday. Dsi and dsi ll players can now download sepas channel for 500 dsi points.

In sepas channel, you play as four main characters, advancing through a story set in the closed off sunshine city and centered on a radio broadcast from a mysterious dj named sepas-chan. The four characters have lost their memories, and your adventure involves seeking out their identities while also searching for the truth behind some strange occurrences that are taking place in sunshine city.

You advance through the game by switching off between these four characters, referred to as "channels." you'll need to use the channel change feature to get past some obstacles that can only be cleared by certain characters. You'll be able to build up the characters by distributing points to such parameters as attack strength, defense, speed and mental strength. Even after distributing the points, you can redistribute them to change your character's abilities when the upcoming battle calls for it.
[/quote]

$5 for an on the go RPG? WE NEED TRANSLATORS, STAT~!

[quote name='Snap']Excellent game, developed by the same team that made the excellent PixelJunk Monsters tower defense series as well as all PixelJunk games, Q-Games. :)[/QUOTE]

Wow, it feels just like a Pixeljunk game! Big surprise =) And 30 levels for $5? That's incredible. Thanks for the recommendations to get it everybody!

Anyone try Snapdots? It looks good.

Edit: Also, I used to know how this works, but now I'm getting fuzzy. If I've got 1200 points on my DSi, there would be no way to use those points on a new system, correct? I can't just put in some login information on a new system and have it pull up the account info I registered on an old system?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pete5883']Edit: Also, I used to know how this works, but now I'm getting fuzzy. If I've got 1200 points on my DSi, there would be no way to use those points on a new system, correct? I can't just put in some login information on a new system and have it pull up the account info I registered on an old system?[/QUOTE]

There's no way to move points between systems. There's no account for Nintendo devices, really. You just have to use the points on the system they're attached to.

just found out that i can use the libary wi fi to download games into my DSI ( i know late to the party)

too bad there are really not much in the RPG game types ...

So far picked up

1000 pts for 10 bucks cash

picked up

Crystal monsters (have not played it yet) 500 pts

Absolute Reversi (a lot harder then i thought it would be ) 200 pts okay game for 2 bucks

Academy: Tic-Tac-Toe (read a review saying this was a good game in nintendo power... i find it sort of boring if i knew it was this bad probally would never grabbed it.. so far never lost a game

Can anyone tell of any better games or any RPG games that are coming out (500 pts or less probally)

dont know if i want to spend 8 bucks on a game that i know if my DSI blows up im out the cash .....

Though tempted to run back up and grab Zenonia for 800 pts many reviews put this game at over 30 hours but doubt it unless i can find a DSI card cheap...

Haven't seen anyone mention it, so I'll throw it out there that I'm really enjoying the DSi port of Cave Story. I've been out of the loop and didn't know much about it, and got it for the long plane ride to Japan. I understand the PC version has been around for a long time, and apparently this is essentially the WiiWare version ported to the DSi, but I always prefer something portable.

[quote name='62t']Anyone played Dragon Quest Wars? It combines Dragon Quest with Advance War developer[/QUOTE]

what i heard its mostly a mulit player game.. game has no single player mode

Ouch, no love on this thread since April... Of course I dont think anything of note has came out since Shantae shipped last October...

Nevertheless, burning my outstanding DSIware points on Shantae and Soul of Darkness.

I was actually just thinking the same thing as I saw this thread got a bump. Where the fuck is the GB Virtual Console. I know us lowly DSi-only peons won't get it, but I'd at least like to see what I'll eventually have access to.

[quote name='Halo05']I was actually just thinking the same thing as I saw this thread got a bump. Where the fuck is the GB Virtual Console. I know us lowly DSi-only peons won't get it, but I'd at least like to see what I'll eventually have access to.[/QUOTE]

That is coming today with the launch of the 3DS eShop.

wow cant belive 6 months back i was thinking 10 bucks would be the most i put into downloads.

6 months later and probally downloaded close to 30 games

sadly i will admit 90% of all the games i download i would call pure junk

only games i download that i thought was worth the cash

Number battles (fun game love to see this come out on a cart)
airport mania (200 pts) fun game for 2 bucks

downloaded

picdun okay game (60 floors ) played it for around 2 hours and got down to the 12th floor ...

so im going to guess its about a 10 hour game

3DS eShop

Let's Golf! 3D (Gameloft, $6.99) — The eShop's first properly new downloadable game, Gameloft's golfing
game features six courses, eight characters and 108 holes in total.

Wii Virtual Console

Brawl Brothers (Super NES, Jaleco, 800pts) — A decent side-scrolling beat 'em up on a service that's
approaching maximum occupancy of that particular genre, tussle with our Brawl Brothers review
for an idea of whether this game is worth your points or not.

WiiWare

Burn the Rope (Big Blue Bubble, 1000pts) — The popular iOS game comes to WiiWare with high
resolution graphics, Wii Remote motion controls and over 100 levels.

DSiWare

My Australian Farm (BiP Media, 200pts/$1.99) — Strewth mate, a farming game set Down Under!
You start with an emu before expanding your farm, hopefully even including a kangaroo to tie down.

GO Series: Portable Shrine Wars (Gamebridge, 200pts/$1.99) — Carry a shrine on your back,
charge past others doing the same and fling your teammates at them to become the best
portable shrine carrier there is. Mad we know, but then it's a GO Series game.

Oscar's World Tour (Virtual Playground, 500pts) — A surprise fourth entry in the Oscar platforming
series, this sees the little tyke travel the world over seven levels, collecting baby Oscars.

Can someone answer a question for me? On the 3DS can I use the same kind of point card I would get for the Wii or do they have their own card?

They have their own card. Wii/Nintendo Point cards are only usable for Wii/DSiware, and you cannot transfer the points.

Debated about asking this , but decided imma gonna ask it anyway.

As I'm sure most of you know although Cave Story is coming to the 3DS , its going to be a completely new version with no playable version of the original included. Because of this I figured that I would buy the original version as well since there will probably be significant enough differences between them to have both. Question is do I get the Wii version or the DSi version?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Possibly a stupid question, but I can use a 3DS prepaid card to buy DSiWare games to play on my 3DS, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can use the 3DS card to get DSiware. When you go into the eShop, the price is converted to dollars, as Nintendo Points don't work on 3DS.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Debated about asking this , but decided imma gonna ask it anyway.

As I'm sure most of you know although Cave Story is coming to the 3DS , its going to be a completely new version with no playable version of the original included. Because of this I figured that I would buy the original version as well since there will probably be significant enough differences between them to have both. Question is do I get the Wii version or the DSi version?[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that both games are identical. So really it comes down to which is more appealing based on that - full screen TV versus having portability.

It's arguably best on a handheld since you can have another game available, but eh. Your call.

3DS eShop
Mega Man: Dr. Wily’s Revenge (Game Boy Virtual Console)

Nintendo Video (3DS)
Blue Man Group Foley Part 1 (Available Today By 3 p.m. PST)

DSiWare (And 3DS eShop)
Defense of the Middle Kingdom
Bridge

um...who have see a Guitar Hero on Tour Decades Nintendo DS Lite?this accessory,i just first see,vkamobi,so want to make sure it ...

It looks like we will soon be getting the following games on the Virtual Console:

-Metroid II
-Super Mario Land 2
-Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3

So hyped.. I added $15 to my account just to ready it when these hit the eShop.

The 3DS VC is useless to me. Just give me one more set of decent SNES releases. Lufia 2 is pretty much at the top of the list. Please... please.

The NA trailers from Nintendo's Japanese conference are up for download via the eShop for a limited time.

The eShop really needs a download queue. It's a pain being navigated back to the main menu after each download.

Downloaded Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive.

Designing formees (creatures) and platforming as them is great. There's a lot of content to be had, too.

[quote name='dallow']Time to dust off the ol' 3DS.[/QUOTE]

Are you storing your 3DS in a wood working shop or with a drywalll crew?

bread's done
Back