3DS MSRP Drop to $169.99 On 08/12/11, already at Target, WM, Amazon

Celsius

CAGiversary!
Pre-order at the lower price at Amazon
iconwalmart_r3.gif
Nintendo 3DS Price Drop Hits on August 9th at Walmart

Quick Details:

Connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11 to qualify for the below free games:

NES Virtual Console games:
Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong JR.
Balloon Fight
Ice Climbers
The Legend of Zelda
+ 5 more

Gameboy Advance Virtual Console games (exclusive to this program)
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
Mario Kart Advance
Metroid Fusion
Wario ware
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
+ 3 more

US Press Release
REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Nintendo of America today announced plans to drop the suggested retail price of its portable Nintendo 3DS™system to $169.99 in the United States, as new games based on some of the world’s most beloved video game franchises head to the system. The new price, down from the suggested launch price of $249.99 and effective Aug. 12, makes an outstanding value even better and sets up a strong holiday season for the system.

“For anyone who was on the fence about buying a Nintendo 3DS, this is a huge motivation to buy now,” said Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. “We are giving shoppers every incentive to pick up a Nintendo 3DS, from an amazing new price to a rapid-fire succession of great games.”

Nintendo 3DS has the strongest software lineup of any video game system this holiday season and the new price now opens up the glasses-free 3D experience to many more consumers. Building on the popularity of The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D, which launched June 19, the upcoming game calendar is a Who’s Who of iconic video game franchises. Star Fox 64™ 3D arrives on Sept. 9, followed by Super Mario™ 3D Land in November, Mario Kart™ 7 in December and Kid Icarus™: Uprising during the holiday season. In addition to great games, Nintendo 3DS has a host of attractive features* that make it the must-have video game system this season:

The new Nintendo Video™ service automatically delivers short 3D videos from the worlds of music, comedy, animation and Hollywood.A free application allows Netflix members with unlimited streaming plans to instantly watch TV episodes and movies streaming from Netflix.

The Nintendo eShop is a digital store for Nintendo 3DS owners that provides access to a wide variety of downloadable content, such as original 3D software, classic games that have been re-mastered in 3D called 3D Classics, Game Boy™ and Game Boy Color “Virtual Console” games in their original 2D glory, and more than 350 Nintendo DSiWare™ games. Visitors can also view video game trailers, screen shots and product information for games, including those available at retail locations.

Since Nintendo 3DS launched in the United States on March 27, more than 830,000 people in the U.S. alone have purchased one to enjoy 3D visuals without the need for special glasses. These Nintendo 3DS owners represent some of Nintendo’s most loyal customers, and Nintendo is rewarding them for getting in on the action early with 20 free downloadable games from the Nintendo eShop.

These free games are available to anyone who owns a Nintendo 3DS system and uses a wireless broadband Internet signal to connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11. These users will automatically be registered in the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program. The program contains two elements:

Starting Sept. 1, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES™ Virtual Console™ games at no charge and before they are available in the Nintendo eShop to the general public. These games, including Super Mario Bros.™, Donkey Kong Jr.™, Balloon Fight™, Ice Climber™ and The Legend of Zelda™, are slated to become paid downloadable games, but Ambassadors get them early for free. Once the paid versions of the games are posted to the Nintendo eShop later in the year, the updated versions will be available to Ambassadors for download at no cost. By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. These include games like Yoshi’s Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™. These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future.

More details about this program will be announced in the future.

Japan details
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2011/110728_3e.pdf

For Japan, if you buy before august 12, 2011 -- the day of the price drop you get 10 free VC NES games and 10 free VC GB advance games. the VC gba games will only be made available for early adopters -- and never for those who buy on the price drop date.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/info110728/index.html

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/info110728/detail.html

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Giving away free downloadable games is hardly any cost to Nintendo...[/QUOTE]

Of course, there's no way to actually *measure* this, but one could easily argue that the games will cost Nintendo in potential profits.

First, the hard-core Nintendo fans who purchased a 3DS for $250 are the same obsessive fans that would likely re-buy Super Mario Bros. for the 7th (8th?) time. Many of these give-aways would very likely translate to lost sales.

Second, even for the ones who wouldn't re-buy the games, they're still likely to download them and play them, since they're free. This means these folks will have less time to play other games (both downloads and physical titles)... which means less buying games (remember when some 3rd parties came out vocally about concerns with Sony's free games hurting the sales of their titles?)

Again, there's no actual way to put any real measurement to this - but it will cost Nintendo.

[quote name='UncleBob']Of course, there's no way to actually *measure* this, but one could easily argue that the games will cost Nintendo in potential profits.

First, the hard-core Nintendo fans who purchased a 3DS for $250 are the same obsessive fans that would likely re-buy Super Mario Bros. for the 7th (8th?) time. Many of these give-aways would very likely translate to lost sales.

Second, even for the ones who wouldn't re-buy the games, they're still likely to download them and play them, since they're free. This means these folks will have less time to play other games (both downloads and physical titles)... which means less buying games (remember when some 3rd parties came out vocally about concerns with Sony's free games hurting the sales of their titles?)

Again, there's no actual way to put any real measurement to this - but it will cost Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

Oh, it'll definitely cost them in potential profits, but I think his point was that they don't have to come out of pocket for this. If they gave an actual 3DS game away, they would be coming out of pocket.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Oh, it'll definitely cost them in potential profits, but I think his point was that they don't have to come out of pocket for this. If they gave an actual 3DS game away, they would be coming out of pocket.[/QUOTE]

When did internet become free? Having a ton of people download large files is not free for nintendo. They are paying out of pocket, not as much as printing games of course.

Originally Posted by Nintendokid54
So just to be sure Target has a 14 day price adjustment policy correct? I rather buy from there since I have a Target Red Card (5% off)

I thought about doing this as well. I feel like I should talk to the manager before I make the purchase to make I don't get refused when I make the adjustment.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I am going to smile when you're banned or silenced.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to smile when you frown that he didn't get banned troll

[quote name='gettinmoney662']They don't owe you anything. They released a product. People who bought it, saw the price, and thought it was worth the asking price or else they would not have bought it. You got what you wanted, Nintendo got what they wanted, and the transaction is over.

The 20 free games is simply a good will gesture. If you don't like it or don't appreciate it, then too bad, no one gives a shit except other whiny bitches like you.[/QUOTE]

Great reply. Said like true individual

[quote name='UncleBob']Of course, there's no way to actually *measure* this, but one could easily argue that the games will cost Nintendo in potential profits.

Again, there's no actual way to put any real measurement to this - but it will cost Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, there is a "cost" of course. All I was saying is that to Nintendo the cost of offering downloads is basically nothing compared to what that one person wanted (Nintendo giving out a coupon for a free 3DS game).

[quote name='iwannadie']When did internet become free? Having a ton of people download large files is not free for nintendo. They are paying out of pocket, not as much as printing games of course.[/QUOTE]

Like GunCrazy said, server costs for downloads are insignificant compared to a $40 game x 830,000 people.

[quote name='ferzan']I'm going to smile when you frown that he didn't get banned troll[/QUOTE]
Time will tell. And I'm a troll because I dont appreciate people calling others whiny bitches while hiding behind their computers on internet forums? It's pathetic and uncalled for.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Time will tell. And I'm a troll because I dont appreciate people calling others whiny bitches while hiding behind their computers on internet forums? It's pathetic and uncalled for.[/QUOTE]

So it's cool to call someone pathetic but not to call them a whiny bitch? Interesting.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So it's cool to call someone pathetic but not to call them a whiny bitch? Interesting.[/QUOTE]
Are you an "it's"? Even more interesting. I'm going to delete this crap now but the bottom line is it was uncalled for and you shouldnt have said it.

One more thing I see you telling someone else to "man up". You should do the same and admit your mistakes, apologize, and move on.

[quote name='elessar123']Just realized that Nintendo stock lost something like $3 billion in one day. Ouch.[/QUOTE]

Probably a combination of the price drop (which always tends to temporarily drop stocks) and the fact that the global economy is pretty unstable right now.

[quote name='elessar123']Just realized that Nintendo stock lost something like $3 billion in one day. Ouch.[/QUOTE]

Yamauchi alone lost a half a billion. That's gotta hurt.

[quote name='momouchi']Probably a combination of the price drop (which always tends to temporarily drop stocks) and the fact that the global economy is pretty unstable right now.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention a group of investors that literally does not understand the type of business that Nintendo is. NTDOY is just a hair under $20 right now that puts a buy in at about $17K. It should be noted that for all the doom and gloom this is the start of a growth cycle.

I'm pretty sure that was Yen.

I was going to ask my wife for one for Christmas, but now its cheap enough I'll just pick it up myself. I have my Amazon trade in pile up to $250 in credit now. I plan on picking up the black system with probably Zelda or RE, and preorder Super Mario. I don't feel bad for people who paid full price. I bought my 20gb Xbox 360 when it was $400, and my 80gb PS3 when it was $500. Deal with it on Facebook, not here. Now get back on topic of the deal please.

^, besides, paying full price now at least assures you with some stuff to play this year. September isn't that far away anymore. As for me, I'll be heading over to gamestop later today since I have a freebie coupon I used my points on for a xbl messenger kit. Might as well trade some stuff in and work towards a blue 3ds :3 Too bad the whole ambassador program thing is happening before there's a pink 3ds...I'd be all over that in a millisecond.

Contributing to the thread, I support the whole 20 free games thing, it's why I'm aggressively going after one for 250. In the end the quality of titles listed that you're getting as freebies (as carts) roughly makes you break even (possibly better off) than if you were to grab them individually from GS as well. That and not needing to carry around multiple portables just because you switch moods from one game to another cross-platform.

My 2 gil (which it pretty much relates to 2 cents as of the current ffxi economy) is there. Wait for the price drop or go after for the freebies, either way I hope capcom reboots the MM projects and hopefully this will see Nintendo onto staying the course on the 3DS for a few years (at least that's what we can all dream for anyways.)

The problem with their e-shop is the fact the games are tied to the system rather than the user. Hence why I have never purchased a virtual console game from them ever. The 20 games aren't a draw for me the more that I think about it. When they upgrade to the next system they are worthless.

Hopefully if enough people let them know how screwed up it is, they'll make adjustments to the program =D All it'd take for nintendo customer service to bend over and take it in the rear would be one screaming kid that has to get a new 3ds for some odd reason and wants everything transferred over.

Nintendo apparently wasn't thinking when they made it by console x.o

[quote name='Nintendokid54']So just to be sure Target has a 14 day price adjustment policy correct? I rather buy from there since I have a Target Red Card (5% off).[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure if what you are trying to do is going to work. The reason that I say this is because when you buy your item now, you will get 5% off the current price. When you go back to do the price adjustment I think they will just adjust the price to what the new price is. I'm not sure if it will include the 5% again. I'm not sure, just wondering.
Let me know if this works, I would have gotten mine at Target for the same reason, but stayed with BB for their price adjustment policy.

[quote name='lllGurulll']The problem with their e-shop is the fact the games are tied to the system rather than the user. Hence why I have never purchased a virtual console game from them ever. The 20 games aren't a draw for me the more that I think about it. When they upgrade to the next system they are worthless.[/QUOTE]
So, hopefully everyone learns what I was saying in an earlier post. Don't buy the new system when it comes out and just wait for stuff like this to happen.

[quote name='spidey35']So, hopefully everyone learns what I was saying in an earlier post. Don't buy the new system when it comes out and just wait for stuff like this to happen.[/QUOTE]

That isn't what I was saying. Nintendo is the only company that doesn't tie your purchases to a personal account. They tie it to a system. If somebody buys a new system or upgrades to a new system they cannot take all their VC game purchases with them because they are tied to the unit you were using. You have to rebuy everything if you want it on your new purchase. Sony and MS don't do that to you .

[quote name='spidey35']So, hopefully everyone learns what I was saying in an earlier post. Don't buy the new system when it comes out and just wait for stuff like this to happen.[/QUOTE]

Actually a price drop of this scope, this soon into the life of a new console, is very unusual. Most people including industry analysts would not have predicted this. And Nintendo has traditionally been VERY slow to drop the prices of their hardware (software too for that matter, their greatest hits for Wii just finally game out a few months ago, at the end of the Wii's lifespan).

So I think usually you would not see this kind of "deal" with a newly released console; it is only happening here because sales of the 3DS have been substandard, and Nintendo is worried that the system will fail.

As for the 20 games, I can't believe so many people are rushing to buy a 3DS just for 20 old NES and GBA downloadable games. Even at $170 the system is not a bargain, especially if the 3D effect bothers your eyes or is of no interest to you. I'm sure they'll get a bump in sales during this period, but in the longer run, the system's success is still very much in question. If I were buying ANY DS console, I'd be getting a DS Lite or DSi once those drop (or an XL if you an handle the pixellated looking games due to the larger screen). I saw DS Lites yesterday at Target for $90, and I think Nintendo may further drop the price of the DSi and DSiXL, otherwise their pricing structure looks kind of strange (with the XL and 3DS at the same price point).

If you bought the system at the release price -- you are an early adopter. Early adopters understand what goes into that - namely higher introductory price and that there will be new models and price drops in the future. So now getting 20 games is a nice plus.

[quote name='lllGurulll']That isn't what I was saying. Nintendo is the only company that doesn't tie your purchases to a personal account. They tie it to a system. If somebody buys a new system or upgrades to a new system they cannot take all their VC game purchases with them because they are tied to the unit you were using. You have to rebuy everything if you want it on your new purchase. Sony and MS don't do that to you .[/QUOTE]

MS does to some extent in that the DLC is tied to your username if you are online and the system also. But they provide a method of transferring licenses to a new system. Nintendo hadn't really offered this, although some people have said it can be done if you send in your console -- and really, who wants that.

[quote name='chimpmeister'] As for the 20 games, I can't believe so many people are rushing to buy a 3DS just for 20 old NES and GBA downloadable games. Even at $170 the system is not a bargain, especially if the 3D effect bothers your eyes or is of no interest to you. I'm sure they'll get a bump in sales during this period, but in the longer run, the system's success is still very much in question. If I were buying ANY DS console, I'd be getting a DS Lite or DSi once those drop (or an XL if you an handle the pixellated looking games due to the larger screen). I saw DS Lites yesterday at Target for $90, and I think Nintendo may further drop the price of the DSi and DSiXL, otherwise their pricing structure looks kind of strange (with the XL and 3DS at the same price point).[/QUOTE]

Actually, the only people who are (or at least should be) rushing to buy one now are those looking to price adjust come the 12th. $169.99 with 20 free games is appealing to many, even if those games are all old (classics are usually called that for a reason, by the way) and tied to the system (to those who don't know a future update will allow 3DS to 3DS transferring).

Afterwords, you will indeed see a bump in sales from those who still like the new price point but were uninformed of the free games and/or the ability to price adjust, as well as those who are oddly overly "moral" who seem to think that it is wrong to utilize a price adjustment policy offered by a store.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']Actually, the only people who are (or at least should be) rushing to buy one now are those looking to price adjust come the 12th.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit never thought of that, thanks ! :applause:

Who other than BB does price adjustments within 30 days? :bouncy:

I don't really find the 20 free games that big of a deal, BUT I was planning on getting one this Christmas anyway (Mario, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, and Star Fox will be out by then), so I figured I might as well get 20 free things in the process. I don't necessarily feel it's worth it just for the free games, but if you were planning on it anyway it's a no brainer.

So, being that I bought this around June 30 from BB, there's no way I can get a price match on the price, right? Same with Wal Mart, right? Just shit out of luck by a few days, right? I'm not BB Silver.

If I had been loyal to Amazon instead of convincing myself they were against me, all would be well today. Alas, I strayed...

edit: how the hell do you edit signatures?

[quote name='Sartori']So, being that I bought this around June 30 from BB, there's no way I can get a price match on the price, right? Same with Wal Mart, right? Just shit out of luck by a few days, right? I'm not BB Silver.

If I had been loyal to Amazon instead of convincing myself they were against me, all would be well today. Alas, I strayed...

edit: how the hell do you edit signatures?[/QUOTE]

Since this was announced before your 30 days were likely up, you could have returned your 3DS for a full refund, bought another, qualified for the free games, and then get an adjustment after the 12th. This seemed like an obvious line of action, but Alas, it wasn't for you...

and you need to go to your User CP to edit your signature

[quote name='atc250es']How big are the files for an average game? Will all 20 fit on the 2gb sd card that comes with it?[/QUOTE]

all nes games were very small 10 mb tops super ness were around 20-30mb or less so should be fine getting all games with 2gigs an still have room for more stuff

I picked one up from BB and plan to price match next month. I missed out on the entire DS library so I'm looking forward to some cheap games and the occasional 3DS title. I had $35 in gift cards and I'm going to dump my PSP go to help offset the cost since I won't be playing any PSP games until the vita launches.

I'm excited to get back into some handheld games after years away from it. I know I missed a lot of gems.

If you want to see some humorous and ridiculous message board posts, visit the GameFAQs 3DS forum. There's a few posters that are very adamant about people using the price match guarantee policy to get the games plus the discount and calling it "immoral". It's quite the clusterfuck.

Just going to throw in my 2 cents here since everybody else is (long post incoming):

After playing the 3DS a bit, I feel like this is going to end up like the Xbox HD-DVD sale from back in the day. There was that deal a long while where you get the HD-DVD player for $100 and some retailers were giving away Heroes Season 1 for free with it. On top of that, you could get those 6 free HD-DVD movies. I saw plenty of posts here on CAG and tech websites about how HD-DVD was outselling Blu Ray and all of this propaganda and other blah blah blah. It looked like a good purchase. We know how that format war ended... Not to say it's the same with the 3DS, since we're very early in the handheld's life and the Vita isn't even out yet. Really, if they drop something like the previous Touch Generations game, I think you would see a sales boost. I think it's very salvageable, but it seems like since the Wii, Nintendo is at the mercy of its shareholders more than before. I know announcing the 3DS' specs was rushed, so I wouldn't be surprised if the product itself also got rushed.

I played around with the apps first and there's a lot of potential for apps, but I'm not sure if the pedometer and other really useless gimmicks are even good demos to show off. The Pokedex and AR Game are great, but they are very limited. The Pokedex apparently requires you to find the AR Markers. People seem to post them online, so it's easy to collect and amusing to see a Pokemon pop out of your computer screen. The AR Game seems a bit too reliant on lighting. It didn't help it was late at night, but I could only get two of the cards to work when I tried them. The silliest thing was the eShop trailers. Most of the game trailers in the eShop aren't in 3D! Come on!

The handheld seems pretty weak technically though. The web browser is ridiculously slow. Netflix was pretty slow to stream when I gave it a quick try last night. The system is definitely paltry on the RAM: only 128 MB. The iPod touch has double that and the Vita is expected to have 256 or 512 MB. Not to say technical specs alone will make a good handheld. We've seen the original GameBoy and DS beat the technically superior Game Gear and PSP after all. There seems to be an attempt at multitasking, although it only keep the last app/game open. I'm guessing they want this route for something like voice chat in future games or something. For the $250 price point, they should've just taken an iPod touch or any smarthphone's hardware really. You would have technically better hardware and an easier time justifying the price.

The screen is nice and crisp even in 3D. The only obvious problem is the 3D is limited for viewing angles. So you have those awkward moments like using the first-person view in Zelda where you're moving the 3DS, and the image gets jacked up. But it's a sharp and bright display besides the limited viewing angle when in 3D.

I know there's people out there that don't like the freebie classics, but I'm looking forward to them. Besides a couple of the GBA games and Mario Bros., I don't have any of those games in any form now so it's a good deal for me personally. I know the NES games will get multiplayer patches, so I hope they extend that to the GBA games. I see that the 3DS brought back the infrared port from the GameBoy Color. Just think, you could play Virtual Console versions of Pokemon Silver/Gold and finally get all of the secret gifts or whatever they were called! Nintendo has shown a little more effort in building a decent infrastructure with the 3DS with the interface and a few firmware updates in a short amount of time, but I have my doubts on something like having a unified purchase account where you could download your Wii Virtual Console purchases to the 3DS for example. It'd be cool if the 3DS Virtual Console games get online multiplayer (and maybe add that to Wii or Wii U ones eventually). They could make an app to find players and setup games, but I think that's wishful thinking because we are talking about Nintendo after all.

The only build quality issue I see with the 3DS is the left hinge. I am finding other posts online about people saying the left hinge is squeaky or loose. I also see how the top screen could get scratched. The top screen is a bit wider than the bottom screen. On top of that, the bottom screen has a bezel. I guess if you're slamming your 3DS shut, you'll cause scratches or marks. I think I might invest in a screen protector this time just in case, or take it up with Best Buy or Nintendo if it bothers me enough.

If you read through all of my banter, props to you. :D

I went to best buy to try out the 3DS demo kiosk. To anyone considering buying, I HIGHLY recommend you try it out first. I spent about 15 minutes on that thing, really trying out different settings and modes. Feeling up the material and hinges, checking out the screen. The demo game was pilotwings, thats all I have played on it.

I was not impressed by the 3DS before this, but after playing I came out of their even more certain i don't want one of these. The material, design, and screens seemed cheap in comparison to what I hope the Vita will be. Or even the PSP. I prefer that design much more. The 3D effect just looked like garbage. It seriously give me a bit of a headache, made me feel crosseyed or something. I do not want to play 10, 20 hour games with that. The graphics looked pretty crappy on those small screens too. Barely above PSP level. It seemed like an upgraded N64. Remeber the trees that were carboard slices around an axis? Yeah...

Try it before you buy it

[quote name='Xenogears']I went to best buy to try out the 3DS demo kiosk. To anyone considering buying, I HIGHLY recommend you try it out first. I spent about 15 minutes on that thing, really trying out different settings and modes. Feeling up the material and hinges, checking out the screen. The demo game was pilotwings, thats all I have played on it.

I was not impressed by the 3DS before this, but after playing I came out of their even more certain i don't want one of these. The material, design, and screens seemed cheap in comparison to what I hope the Vita will be. Or even the PSP. I prefer that design much more. The 3D effect just looked like garbage. It seriously give me a bit of a headache, made me feel crosseyed or something. I do not want to play 10, 20 hour games with that. The graphics looked pretty crappy on those small screens too. Barely above PSP level. It seemed like an upgraded N64. Remeber the trees that were carboard slices around an axis? Yeah...

Try it before you buy it[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more, tried the 3DS on several occasions (Pilot Wings, DOA, Street Fighter) and wasn't impressed. The 3D viewing angle is very limited, the 3D effect tires your eyes, the screen is too small at 3.53", they only added a single analog nub, and the d-pad felt really cheap. Plus the game library is very weak right now, and doesn't look to improve much in the future. Pass.

I wouldn't recommend the 3DS kiosk as far testing out the 3D quality. Something was wrong about the viewing angle on those (or at least I couldn't figure out how to hold the models at a good angle when they're welded into the display), and I definitely had issues with the 3D playing SFIV and Pilotwings at different stores. It's definitely different and better having a system that you can hold at a proper angle than the display systems that are very limited on how you can hold them. But like many people have said, if they could improve the viewing angles, this would be a non-issue.

[quote name='Xenogears']
I was not impressed by the 3DS before this, but after playing I came out of their even more certain i don't want one of these. The material, design, and screens seemed cheap in comparison to what I hope the Vita will be. Or even the PSP.

You really are going to compare it to the Vita which you haven't seen or held? You are comparing it to what you Hope it will be... My psp slim vadar edition feels like a cheap plastic toy, it just seems hollow and loose.

If you don't like you don't like it but to compare it to what you hope the vita will be is just funny.

[quote name='iwannadie']You really are going to compare it to the Vita which you haven't seen or held? You are comparing it to what you Hope it will be... My psp slim vadar edition feels like a cheap plastic toy, it just seems hollow and loose.

If you don't like you don't like it but to compare it to what you hope the vita will be is just funny.[/QUOTE]

You see the Specs on that thing? Better. The screen? Better

I'm comparing it to what I expect the Vita to be. No shit i don't know what it will be, but it is perfectly acceptable to compare the 3DS to what I expect from the Vita. I assume it will be PSP or better quality construction, which feels better than that 3DS did. If i choose 1 handheld, which is what I will do, I am assuming that Vita will be more in line with what i want.

Still got a problem? How many times have you seen a movie trailer and said "that looks cool, i want to see it." Same concept here bud

Haters gonna hate.

If 3DS fails at 169 despite both Mario and Mario Kart this fall, then Vita is going to crater at 249 with a slew of comsole ports.

HA HA HA!!! I just realized that my post with an article mentioning that the PS Vita is going to most likely release on Oct 28th was deleted. Really? The 3DS and Vita are competitors and people visiting this thread MAY be considering both hand held devices. Some people may go with the 3DS because they do not want to wait till Dec or 2012 for the Vita so I was just giving them the info that it will be releasing in less than 2 months. Some of the Mods must be big Nintendo fans to remove that post. I am not buying either since I barely game on the PS3 and do not game with Nintendo. So a Mod can erase this also since it is somehow "not on topic" which is hilarious since every thread strays from topic but I guess we don't want anyone to get their feelings hurt.

OCT 28th
OCT 28th
OCT 28th

[quote name='imacgod']If you want to see some humorous and ridiculous message board posts, visit the GameFAQs 3DS forum. There's a few posters that are very adamant about people using the price match guarantee policy to get the games plus the discount and calling it "immoral". It's quite the clusterfuck.[/QUOTE]
Well, what do you expect from a Nintendo board on GFAQS?
Fanboy tears are the most delicious tears of all. :lol:

Anyway, I just found out the AAFES has a 14 day price guarantee, so I may pick mine up from my BX in a week and a half or so. My only problem will be if they don't have them in stock or if they don't drop the price, since prices there are typically horrible on stuff.
But tax-free is almost too good to pass up.

[quote name='cancerman1120']HA HA HA!!! I just realized that my post with an article mentioning that the PS Vita is going to most likely release on Oct 28th was deleted. Really? The 3DS and Vita are competitors and people visiting this thread MAY be considering both hand held devices. Some people may go with the 3DS because they do not want to wait till Dec or 2012 for the Vita so I was just giving them the info that it will be releasing in less than 2 months. Some of the Mods must be big Nintendo fans to remove that post. I am not buying either since I barely game on the PS3 and do not game with Nintendo. So a Mod can erase this also since it is somehow "not on topic" which is hilarious since every thread strays from topic but I guess we don't want anyone to get their feelings hurt.

OCT 28th
OCT 28th
OCT 28th[/QUOTE]
I don't know if one article confirms it as fact though. It is the ONLY site reporting that right now.

[quote name='lllGurulll']I don't know if one article confirms it as fact though. It is the ONLY site reporting that right now.[/QUOTE]

And I stated in my original post that this MAY be true but since it was deleted I will state it again that it MAY be true. I did not claim it was the release date but there are signs pointing to that time frame.

Edit: I actually did a quick search and joystiq, gamepro, eurogamer, and Yahoo news are now all using this Blockbuster article in their reporting.

[quote name='Xenogears']I went to best buy to try out the 3DS demo kiosk. To anyone considering buying, I HIGHLY recommend you try it out first. I spent about 15 minutes on that thing, really trying out different settings and modes. Feeling up the material and hinges, checking out the screen. The demo game was pilotwings, thats all I have played on it.

when i first started playing the 3ds at BB, i could not see the "3d" even with the switch all the way up. my friend said i had to "adjust" my eyes. after that, i was able to see a little bit of 3d and my eyes were hurting for the rest of the night.

[quote name='Xenogears']You see the Specs on that thing? Better. The screen? Better

I'm comparing it to what I expect the Vita to be. No shit i don't know what it will be, but it is perfectly acceptable to compare the 3DS to what I expect from the Vita. I assume it will be PSP or better quality construction, which feels better than that 3DS did. If i choose 1 handheld, which is what I will do, I am assuming that Vita will be more in line with what i want.

Still got a problem? How many times have you seen a movie trailer and said "that looks cool, i want to see it." Same concept here bud[/QUOTE]

You were talking about [quote name='Xenogears']The material, design, and screens seemed cheap in comparison to what I hope the Vita will be.[/QUOTE]. Not sure how you can compare material, designs and screens with something you've never seen or held. You can compare specs on the screen that's all but they are designed to do things differently so it's no comparison.

Again, you can like or not like anything but to compare it to what you expect something to feel like that isn't out yet is funny.

The rumored microsoft handheld I am positive will feel better and have better materials than the vita. You see how funny that just sounded :drool: .

bread's done
Back