$40 gift card with purchase of Bayonetta & Darksiders or $10 for 1 + $5 off in-store

thegame85

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysrus/default.aspx?action=entryflash&

Buy both Darksiders and Bayonetta and get a $40 gift card, buy just one and get a $10 gift card...Good through Thursday 1/7/2010

Edit #2: Also wanted to let you guys know of a pair of $5 off coupons in a little booklet Toys R Us has at their registers. It looks like this:
th_DSC00915.jpg

It has two $5 off coupons for various things, it says Video Game Hardware but not software, should work...look for them at the regular register:
DSC00916.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You forgot to mention if you buy both, it's a $40 GC (if you are a RewardsRus member which is free and look it up at their website before everyone ask the stupid question) which means that lots of people will clean out TRU on tuesday because thats one hell of an offer. Waste $120 and get $40 back. Save those $40 for Mass Effect 2, Bioshock or whatever floats your boat.

I'm going to try and PM the offer at Bestbuy but if they don't honor it, fuck em.

Thanks Estebon, I edited my original post. I Actually didnt even see that deal, i clicked on the games tab rather than look in the ad itself. Now i dunno whether im gonna get both or just Darksiders :/

Great. This works out great for me. That $40 will go to Bioshock 2 and I definitely will get both now. Yikes. Glad I didnt do the B1G1 50% deal instead.

Its possible that Bioshock, FFXIII, Mass Effect will have a gift card deal itself. Making it sweeter.

I'm not seeing the part that says you get a $40 GC if you buy both but if it's true I'll be at my local Toys R US first thing Tuesday morning

Yes, the ad clearly states that you get a $40 GC with purchase of both.

My question is, would it be worth it to buy both and resell Bayonetta? Would it be worth it for the GC, because I absolutely have no interest in Bayonetta.

Ah ic if you go to the provided link and just click on video games it shows that you only get $10 back but if you actually browse through the ad it does in fact show that you get a $40 giftcard.

[quote name='stonciddta']Does Best Buy PM TRU?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but gift cards matches are YMMV. I know many people have had success with them taking the gift card value off the price, but it's all up to the manager you're dealing with.

If people can wait to get the game, I don't think it's too far fetched to assume this will get a sale price within the next 2-4 weeks. We've seen all the big recent titles go on sale for $40, so I think we may see these at that price soon. I'm going to wait for Darksiders to hit $40 on Amazon and use some credit I have.

Thanks for pointing out the deal OP.

[quote name='dino88']Yes, but gift cards matches are YMMV. I know many people have had success with them taking the gift card value off the price, but it's all up to the manager you're dealing with.

If people can wait to get the game, I don't think it's too far fetched to assume this will get a sale price within the next 2-4 weeks. We've seen all the big recent titles go on sale for $40, so I think we may see these at that price soon. I'm going to wait for Darksiders to hit $40 on Amazon and use some credit I have.

Thanks for pointing out the deal OP.[/QUOTE]

i'm actually hoping this is the case. i won't be back in the states for this offer. :(

but thanks op, too bad it doesn't pan out for me

[quote name='stonciddta']Does Best Buy PM TRU?[/QUOTE]

they do but they are pricks about it giving you hard time
what they did for me when RE5 came out TRU had a $20 GC along with it & they just took it out of the price
if they give you a hard time its always good to print out a copy of their store policy & they will PM but w/o it,it will be YMMV

[quote name='Estebon']You forgot to mention if you buy both, it's a $40 GC (if you are a RewardsRus member which is free and look it up at their website before everyone ask the stupid question) which means that lots of people will clean out TRU on tuesday because thats one hell of an offer. Waste $120 and get $40 back. Save those $40 for Mass Effect 2, Bioshock or whatever floats your boat.

I'm going to try and PM the offer at Bestbuy but if they don't honor it, fuck em.[/QUOTE]

Can you enroll in store and get the card right then? I didnt know they had this and Id like to cash in on the deal, I found the enrollment on their site but this offer would be over by the time they mailed me the card.

[quote name='gargus']Can you enroll in store and get the card right then? I didnt know they had this and Id like to cash in on the deal, I found the enrollment on their site but this offer would be over by the time they mailed me the card.[/QUOTE]

you can print out a temp copy or just give them your email adress at the register---i did this with the batman $30 gc i signed up on sunday n was at trus on tuesday getting the game n gift card

heres a preview of darksiders featuring --war--one of the four horse man of apocalypse---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzI0O4-kOSk&feature=related

Ok, so you get a 10 dollar gift card if you buy one of these 2 games. But, members gets a 40 dollar gift card. So, will that be a total of 60 if you go that route? That is what I am getting out of it.

[quote name='sagecooker']Ok, so you get a 10 dollar gift card if you buy one of these 2 games. But, members gets a 40 dollar gift card. So, will that be a total of 60 if you go that route? That is what I am getting out of it.[/QUOTE]No, it would either be a $10 gc for buying one of them OR a $40 gc if you buy both and are a Reward Zone member. They won't combine them.

Buy 1, you get a $10 gift card. Buy both, you get a $40 gift card. Offer ends 1/7 (Thurs.).

I thought both of these questions were answered quite clearly in the OP.

I think this deal is only for the PS3 version of Darksiders and the 360 version of Bayonetta. Because when you click on the deal in the ad on their site it only shows the PS3 version for DS and 360 for Bay.

[quote name='JDub586']I think this deal is only for the PS3 version of Darksiders and the 360 version of Bayonetta. Because when you click on the deal in the ad on their site it only shows the PS3 version for DS and 360 for Bay.[/QUOTE]

No. They use a picture of one for 360 and one for PS3. The text says both games are available for both systems.

There aren't that many words on the page. How can anyone be confused by this deal?
"Both games available for Xbox 360 & PS3."

Naturally Toys R Us is the only place I don't have a giftcard for. I'm buying one of each of them from Gamestop and Walmart since I have gift credit. Oh well. Not a huge deal I guess, but 40 dollars in credit is still hard to pass up.

That's mighty tempting. I've got enough credit to pick up Bayonetta at Gamecrazy, since I wanted the wall scroll they're offering for pre-orders. If it's one of those book size scrolls, I might just go pick them both up at ToysRus, and use my credit on something else coming in January.

[quote name='not2worried']Ah as sad as it is. Can I use the $40 at Babysrus... Wife needs some stuff...I could justify it then :)[/QUOTE]
Thats not sad man, thats part of life and being a parent, kids need things also. And yes the gift card will work fine at Babie'r'us

[quote name='jamesbrown']you should really change the title to the best deal and more people will take advantage of the great deal u found!!![/QUOTE]
I agree, if the $40 deal was added to the title, this thread would see way more action.

[quote name='blahtastic']Tempting...I hope Amazon matches this...[/QUOTE]

That would be sweet. Just ordered them both there.

Got darksiders today and the deal I got is better. But I want that bayonetta. May have to do this and sell the darksiders so i can receive the 40 dollar credit.

Tempting but I don't have much of an interest in Bayonetta and I have a $50 GC at GS to use.

BTW, for anyone picking up Darksiders, in the Pause menu, go to Game Options and enter the code "The Hollow Lord" to unlock The Harvester (Death's scythe).

So about 120-40

about 40 each for Darksiders and Bayonetta. Good deal if you want those games anyway.

[quote name='Casteor']So about 120-40

about 40 each for Darksiders and Bayonetta. Good deal if you want those games anyway.[/QUOTE]

No, it's $60 (plus tax) for each game. $40 off a third game.

You're doing the type of incorrect math I explained in a previous thread, to which you responded "No shit sherlock. Thanks for pointing out the obvious, no?"

Oh, you have to love the irony.

[quote name='dino88']No, it's $60 (plus tax) for each game. $40 off a third game.

You're doing the type of incorrect math I explained in a previous thread, to which you responded "No shit sherlock. Thanks for pointing out the obvious, no?"

Oh, you have to love the irony.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the constructive criticism.

Btw, Bayonetta is overrated.

[quote name='JaxMoney']do they even allow returns or exchanges of these games AND let you keep the $40 gift card?[/QUOTE]
You really have to ask?

I want both these, but I have to big of a back log so im going to have wait. plus my wallet is currently still hurting from xmas.

bread's done
Back