$5 off any video games $20+ on eBay [Expires: 3/16/14]

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
CPNGAMES

How to redeem your Coupon:

1. Shop for eligible items, including any items in the Video Games or Video Game Consoles categories. Subtotal must be equal to or greater than $20 for coupon to qualify.

2. Pay for your item with PayPal before the Coupon expiration date on 3/16.

3. Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field.

Terms & Conditions:

The Coupon will expire at 11:59:59 PM PT on the date shown on the Coupon. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of an eligible item on eBay.com. Coupon can be used once for up to the maximum Coupon discount amount, while supplies last. Restrictions and/or exclusions will be designated in each Coupon offer. Only registered eBay members paying with PayPal can receive the discount. Any unused difference between the actual discount amount received and the maximum amount will be forfeited.

Coupon is subject to U.S. laws, void where prohibited, not redeemable for cash, has no face value, and cannot be combined with any other Coupon. eBay may cancel, amend, or revoke the Coupon at any time. Use of automated devices or programs for Coupon redemption prohibited.

I tried going through the steps prescribed and never saw a page with a redemption field once I paid at Paypal.  It sent me back to Ebay and said the transaction was complete.  Did this happen to anyone else?  I got it worked out with Ebay to give me a credit so now it depends on whether the seller will agree to cancel the transaction so I can try again with the usual method of having the coupon applied before the Paypal access (which is all the customer service representative would acknowledge the existence of along with codes associated with accounts as opposed to universal ones like the OP graciously shared).

I tried going through the steps prescribed and never saw a page with a redemption field once I paid at Paypal. It sent me back to Ebay and said the transaction was complete. Did this happen to anyone else? I got it worked out with Ebay to give me a credit so now it depends on whether the seller will agree to cancel the transaction so I can try again with the usual method of having the coupon applied before the Paypal access (which is all the customer service representative would acknowledge the existence of along with codes associated with accounts as opposed to universal ones like the OP graciously shared).
For Buy It Now listings, there's a field to enter the coupon code after you "Add to Cart" (I don't think you see it if you choose to "Buy It Now"). I don't know if it's the same for auctions that you pay for after winning.

Thanks, Vigilante.  It was a Buy It Now! for Disgaea D2 for PS3.  I was also wondering if I erred in linking my Paypal and Ebay accounts somehow (w/r/t missing the field).

Thanks, Vigilante. It was a Buy It Now! for Disgaea D2 for PS3. I was also wondering if I erred in linking my Paypal and Ebay accounts somehow (w/r/t missing the field).
I kind of doubt that would affect it, since the field is visible before you click anything to go to Paypal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my games today.  Both in condition as described.  I was expecting to have to pay more then $20 for The Simpson's Game alone, so to get it and Simpson's Wrestling for $20 shipped was a sweet deal.  Thanks again OP. 

Thanks.

Used mine to get killzone shadowfall for 25. BestBuy shipped my metal gear solid ground zeroes for ps4 and I picked up a ps4 at bestbuy yesterday so now I have some stuff to play on it to hold me over till evil within comes out for ps4.

Uesed the code but looked at my paypal account and its showing as it wasnt used...

Doesnt really matter as the game i got was still a good deal. 17 would have been better then 22 but still a good deal for nba 2k14

Edit: nevermind looked over it and it did work. Thanks op. Nba 2k14 for 17 SCORE!

Didn't see any response to this yet:

I know the terms state $20 and up, can anyone confirm that this does NOT work on $19.99 titles?

Thank you very much OP

Just won an auction for Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Vita, came out to $17.50 after coupon and comes w/ the case :)

Prob the cheapest I will possibly be able to get the game now that the license is over.

For Buy It Now listings, there's a field to enter the coupon code after you "Add to Cart" (I don't think you see it if you choose to "Buy It Now"). I don't know if it's the same for auctions that you pay for after winning.
I was able to use the code after BIN. The field is still there because and it is for gift cards too.

So I was checking my Paypal details on the transaction and this is what the coupon says:

$5.00 USD - $5 off min $50 video games #CPNGAMES

Definitely someone messed it up somewhere, prob. the programmer pressed 2 instead of 5 in the keypad would be my best guess since one is below the other.  So buy before they fix this!!! :hot:

So I was checking my Paypal details on the transaction and this is what the coupon says:

Definitely someone messed it up somewhere, prob. the programmer pressed 2 instead of 5 in the keypad would be my best guess since one is below the other. So buy before they fix this!!! :hot:
I noticed the same thing but it shows the $5 off taken at the ebay invoice screen. So, I go to my paypal transaction details and it shows the $5, but it wasn't taken off, ahhhh!

If you look at the transaction type near the bottom in details. It will shows funds used. It will show $5 for paypal and the difference as paypal funds or whatever way you paid.

I noticed the same thing but it shows the $5 off taken at the ebay invoice screen. So, I go to my paypal transaction details and it shows the $5, but it wasn't taken off, ahhhh!
Mine took it off fine and what I bought was $22.50 so I paid $17.50

If you look at the transaction type near the bottom in details. It will shows funds used. It will show $5 for paypal and the difference as paypal funds or whatever way you paid.
Correct, mine showed and gave me the discount even though I didn't spend $50.

this is what I got when I checked my paypal transactions, looks abit awkward

rayljl.png

that's how mine looks as well

but if you scroll farther down it says funding source $5 off min $50 video games so yeah, looks like there was a glitch

this is what I got when I checked my paypal transactions, looks abit awkward

rayljl.png
That shows your CC was charged only $32, so why are you saying it wasn't taken off? Also, if you go down more you can see it in funding sources. Paypal/eBay is paying the seller the $5, so the receipt will show full price in Paypal, the sourcing for the full price are detailed into what you paid and the $5 code.

Thanks for the heads up, OP. Got Mario Kart: Double Dash for $24

Funding Type:

Redemption Code and Debit Card

Funding Source:

$23.68 USD - Debit XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Seems to me like someone made a mistake when creating the coupon code? It says $50, but the actual threshold is only $20.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but I found out that if you want something that's less than $20, just add a videogame BIN to make it over $20. Then during checkout, use the code, it will take $5 off your purchase and then just remove the dummy BIN and then just pay rest like usual. Should work out, at least it did for me so it doesn't hurt to try it out if you want.

Ordered some things for PS4

Won PS+ membership auction - $43

and won BF4 LE auction for $42.50 - $5 = $37.50

I was hoping to get it cheaper and bid $41 last minute but I guess someone got it in first and my final bid was $42.50.  It ships from NY so will get here fast.  That's a good part.  Maybe could've saved buying used but definitely not much.  I get some expansion pack code with it.  I just hope I can trade to Amazon later on if I choose to and there isnt a problem with the UPC.

My coupon worked and showed the correct price on the final screen and even in the email from ebay, but the wrong amount was taken out of my paypal account... how do I go about fixing this?

My coupon worked and showed the correct price on the final screen and even in the email from ebay, but the wrong amount was taken out of my paypal account... how do I go about fixing this?
are you sure? the screen on paypal looks like the full amount but if you click on the details it should show that $5 was a coupon

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but I found out that if you want something that's less than $20, just add a videogame BIN to make it over $20. Then during checkout, use the code, it will take $5 off your purchase and then just remove the dummy BIN and then just pay rest like usual. Should work out, at least it did for me so it doesn't hurt to try it out if you want.
That didn't work for me :(

Damn.. I thought it would work on a second order.  SHowed that the code was working until the final step.  I hit pay now when it was too late and realized they charged me full price.  I was on the fence with buying another game to begin with.

I messaged them right away to cancel.  If they send it out anyway it's not going to be such a big deal.

Fifa and Battlefield should be more than enough for me.  Maybe should just return NBA 2k14 if they send it.  And I have PS+ 1 year membership on the way too.

PS camera is getting returned.  I'll use the money to pay for MLB The Show.  Still have $125 Dell gift card too.

Damn.. I thought it would work on a second order. SHowed that the code was working until the final step. I hit pay now when it was too late and realized they charged me full price. I was on the fence with buying another game to begin with.
This happened to me too. I bought Call of Duty: Ghosts the other day for like $23 after the code, and I tried using it yesterday to get Black Ops II for $22. It let me enter the code, but when I would submit it, it wouldn't show the discount. I thought about ordering anyway in case the system just didn't reflect the $5 off on the order page, but first I tried using an older Ebay account of mine, but it did the same thing.
Turns out the discount is tied to your PayPal account and is one-time use. Both my Ebay accounts are linked to the same PayPal, so my brother let me use his Ebay and Paypal account, and it worked flawlessly.

For those trying the code the second time, for me the coupon applied but at final checkout their was a little indication on the right hand side under the payment cc info that stated the code wss invalid using this payment and showing the card fully charged for the item. So yeah you definitely cannot use the code twice on the same account.

Anyways, thanks OP. Used the code to pick up Dark Souls 2 (new) for $40.

Luckily the ebay seller was cool and agreed to cancel the order for me.

He told me to tell him when to relist it and he will so I can buy it with the coupon.

I'd have to use my father's paypal if I was to do that.  Not sure if I really need the game.  Feel kinda bad not buying it now though.

$20 for Batman Arkham Origins.  Thanks OP, never really intended buying this game but for a simple Andrew Jackson, couldn't pass it up.  Either that or spend another few hours rummaging through COD: Ghosts, GTA V, or Assassin's Creed sequels.

Almost made a huge mistake last night. Was sleepy, decided to try to get in on this, put in a bid on GTA V that was ending soon. Didn't notice until after I bid that "standard shipping" was almost $12. Tried to lower my max bid, but couldn't (I'm sure that is common knowledge, but I don't buy on eBay a lot). Luckily, and surprisingly, I was outbid. Might try again, but will be sure to check on shipping cost before bidding.

Decided to use my coupon to finally buy a copy of Lollipop Chainsaw brand new. It's from Canada (I'm in the US) and has all 4 of the redeemable costumes which were only available via pre-order and are not available for purchase on the PS Store. I really wanted the Rockabilly and Goth Girl costumes. I should have pre-ordered. Well it's still the same region, so the redeem code should work fine. Might have some French on it, but whatevs. Ended up winning the auction at $33, plus $8 for shipping, minus $5 for the coupon comes out to $36. Not really a deal (could be though due to the costumes), but I'm happy!

Picked up Gears of War, Gears of War 2, & Gears of War Judgment to add back and complete my collection for $20.18. Eh, not bad... probably could've done better but I didn't want to compromise on quality.

Awesome - thanks, op!  Picked up a couple of BIN cheap 360 games that totaled $22 combined.  Different sellers, no problem.  Took the $5 off before I was even redirected to PayPal.  

Smooth and easy +++++++  HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!1!!

Thank you OP. I got Atelier Escha & Logy for $41. I've ordered this game 2 other times from different places now and they all got cancelled because they wouldn't honor their price. This helps ease the frustration knowing I at least still got a deal in the end.

So I can use this on any video game ebay listing? How does the seller get reimbursed.

EDIT: Oh, wow was pretty easy. Worked great got Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks lowest priced BIN listing at $27.95 got it for $22.95 Free shipping.

Been looking to get this for a long time after getting my LBW 3DS XL but the price has been so high. Goes nice next to Ocarina of Time 3D, Phantom Hourglass and will look even nicer next to the Zelda collectors guide chest set coming from amazon in a few days. :D

bread's done
Back