$60/$40 Defiance Ultimate or CE @ Gamestop(PS3/X360/PC)

[quote name='YBX87']just to clarify, i was talking about the Collectors edition that is readily available at most all retailers that sells it. Not the gs ultimate exclusive edition.[/QUOTE]

Also just for me to clarify, I was mostly playing devils advocate. I was actually considering it (since I need a new messenger bag) back when the coupon was working.

This escalated quickly. This game is pretty good. It's a borderlands MMO without the art style and dubious humor and writing. The GS CE will likely sell out without hitting a ridiculous price since there are only a few hundred left. The TV show has been scheduled for two seasons since the start. The new consoles are still at least 6 months away so if you want to play a MMO at its peak, you wouldn't wait until this game hits the clearance bins, if it ever does. It's ok if you don't know about this game or don't like it or think this deal sucks, but try not to spread your ignorance CAG.

Bah I wish i knew about this before I bought the Std version from amazon for $50 on thursday:cry:.

As to all of the bickering and fighting in this thread. Like my dad always taught me. is only worth the value that somebody is willing to pay for it. Since there is a GS online only sale for the CE, and the UE. It looks to me like those editions were mainly passed upon when people ordered online. Or GS ordered too many of them. But hey I could be wrong, but that is what it looks like to me.

I had the :pc: CE on order from Amazon for a day, then decided to release it to free up credit; they only have one copy left that's been sitting there for a few days. Instead I bought a digital copy off GMG at 50% off, because I'm not sure about the future of the MMO/series.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JasonTerminator']I'd wait. This game bombed so hard the Ultimate will be $15 by June.[/QUOTE]Store stock for the Ultimate is not that good. I deliver to GS & on release I saw more that 4 stores have regs come in & p/u 4-8 copies themselves. Outta the 18-25 GS's over 3 states(PA, NJ, DE) they all said the game sold well for them & their Ultimates were gone. But they all had plenty of GOW:A CE's along with plenty of regs GOW:A too.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']SWTOR was far more successful than Defiance and people still got the CE for $25.[/QUOTE]Way overproduced even the BB stores that get limited quantities of CE's had 6-10 in my areas.

[quote name='YBX87']just to clarify, i was talking about the Collectors edition that is readily available at most all retailers that sells it. Not the gs ultimate exclusive edition.[/QUOTE]yeah, the CE seems to be well stocked.

Cancelled my :pc: CE through Amazon to free up credit, and it appears to be their last for $79.99. I'll just buy digital through GMG, since it's much cheaper and I'm just not sure how long this IP will last...

I don't understand this thread. Why is Hemi defending the promo price point?

Aren't we all CheapAssGamers? If there is a group of us figuring it will drop lower, then let us wait for a lower price. If it sells out at this price, oh well. No reason for all the bashing and the unnecessary arguments and capitalizations.

Just saying.

[quote name='StryderOmega']I don't understand this thread. Why is Hemi defending the promo price point?

Aren't we all CheapAssGamers? If there is a group of us figuring it will drop lower, then let us wait for a lower price. If it sells out at this price, oh well. No reason for all the bashing and the unnecessary arguments and capitalizations.

Just saying.[/QUOTE]

I'm not defending the promo price, personally I think holding out for $100 (Cause it seem's only 2 people bought the 360 UE since I posted the quantity left).
Is the better option.

What I was defending was the price some people argued it would drop to, that it's just ignorance if someone think's the Ultimate Edition will ever hit that price, what it has in it just wont let that happen.
If I said the Bioshock Infinite Songbird Edition would hit $15 I would have been laughed out of CAG.
So yeah I can see one more drop happening, or a new promo of $xx going active, but when people forget that not all Edition's are made equal, that's where I get defensive.

People love digital exclusive's, I know for a fact many people bought the Halo 4 LE just for the Season pass!

[quote name='bojay1997']The ratings were actually really good for SyFy Channel, but I think they fell below expectations given the investment they made in the series production and marketing. There has already been talk of a second season pickup, although it would probably be at a reduced budget.[/QUOTE]

DEFIANCE had Syfy's highest ratings in 7 years. I don't know where you're getting the "below expectations" bit from, or that it's coming back at a "reduced budget."

In a Comcast CEO conference call they touted the series' performance just a few days ago:

http://news.investors.com/technolog...investing-in-programming-to-boost-ratings.htm

Even with a fall in viewers from the premiere, the ratings are still better than Battlestar Galactica, and they had no issue bringing that series back for multiple seasons, nor did they ever cut that show's budget back.

Personally I haven't seen it, and I know people are mixed on it, but there's no way it's not coming back for another season.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']DEFIANCE had Syfy's highest ratings in 7 years. I don't know where you're getting the "below expectations" bit from, or that it's coming back at a "reduced budget."

In a Comcast CEO conference call they touted the series' performance just a few days ago:

http://news.investors.com/technolog...investing-in-programming-to-boost-ratings.htm

Even with a fall in viewers from the premiere, the ratings are still better than Battlestar Galactica, and they had no issue bringing that series back for multiple seasons, nor did they ever cut that show's budget back.

Personally I haven't seen it, and I know people are mixed on it, but there's no way it's not coming back for another season.[/QUOTE]

I actually know quite a bit about television ratings and I can tell you with the massive financial investment they made, they expected to do even better. I know for certain that the pattern budget on Battlestar was reduced on multiple occasions as the seasons went on. The same thing will happen with Defiance as even when you factor in Live +3 or Live +5 or Live +7, it's doing below a lot of other cable episodic series and certainly below something with the marketing and production budget it had.

[quote name='Hemi']I'm not defending the promo price, personally I think holding out for $100 (Cause it seem's only 2 people bought the 360 UE since I posted the quantity left).
Is the better option.

What I was defending was the price some people argued it would drop to, that it's just ignorance if someone think's the Ultimate Edition will ever hit that price, what it has in it just wont let that happen.
If I said the Bioshock Infinite Songbird Edition would hit $15 I would have been laughed out of CAG.
So yeah I can see one more drop happening, or a new promo of $xx going active, but when people forget that not all Edition's are made equal, that's where I get defensive.

People love digital exclusive's, I know for a fact many people bought the Halo 4 LE just for the Season pass![/QUOTE]

You are delusional. It was already $97 if you bought it with the coupon code on Friday of last week. It doesn't matter what's in it. The Bioshock 2 CE had amazing and costly components like a vinyl record. That still dropped to nothing. I would agree with you that it all comes down to demand and the number produced. Your theory about the value of the contents inside is absurd.

[quote name='bojay1997']You are delusional. It was already $97 if you bought it with the coupon code on Friday of last week. It doesn't matter what's in it. The Bioshock 2 CE had amazing and costly components like a vinyl record. That still dropped to nothing. I would agree with you that it all comes down to demand and the number produced. Your theory about the value of the contents inside is absurd.[/QUOTE]

It comes down to being exclusive to Gamestop and being the first game in the series (assuming more are made).

I'm not going to comment on the regular collector's edition because I haven't followed this game enough to know who is carrying it but with less the 500 copies of the Gamestop CE available for both consoles I really can't see it staying in stock long enough to have any sort of significant clearance drop.

And keep in mind the average consumer isn't going to know about a coupon code that was pulled from who knows where. If it drops to $100 or perhaps $89/$79 I expect it to be long gone.

ANYWAYS.... I just bought a hell bug state on eBay. Like an idiot I thought the statue was exclusive to the Gamestop CE and apparently it is in EVERY CE.

At first I thought I got a good deal... now I'm kind of "Meh" about it. I paid $21.50 + $10 S/H for the statue in the original CE packaging with the artbook.

[quote name='bojay1997']You are delusional. It was already $97 if you bought it with the coupon code on Friday of last week. It doesn't matter what's in it. The Bioshock 2 CE had amazing and costly components like a vinyl record. That still dropped to nothing. I would agree with you that it all comes down to demand and the number produced. Your theory about the value of the contents inside is absurd.[/QUOTE]

"It doesn't matter what's in it." "It doesn't matter what's in it." SERIOUSLY??? I'm pretty sure that's EXACTLY what matter's...
You keep saying "theory" when it is simple fact. The season pass is 3200 microsoft point's or $40... FACT. You get $20 of credit to spend in the game cash store FACT. The bag alone has been going for $30+ EASILY on second market sites, FACT. THE GAME ITSELF has averaged around $40 for the 360 version atleast, on second market sites.
I only prices at what OTHER PEOPLE are paying for this stuff, which is literally what a value is... what other people will pay for something...
Oh about the bioshock 2 CE... because that's what EVERYONE is screaming out for, vinyl record's...
I've already said I bought it using the code when it was $97+tax.
Hence for those who weren't on during those COUPLE HOUR's that this was possible, I agreed they should hold out until it hit's $100 again.

[quote name='StryderOmega']I don't understand this thread. Why is Hemi defending the promo price point?

Just saying.[/QUOTE]

You don't understand this thread? It's like most treads on CAG:
1. someone posts a deal
2. some people don't like the price and then
3. those people decide to bitch.

If the people involved in step 2 could avoid step 3, there would be nothing to see here.

[quote name='panda911']Wow this thread was nuked of all discussion and troll posts were left up?[/QUOTE]

Typical mod response nowadays.

Well in related new's just got a shipping confirmation for the one I bought (while the code worked, so cheap price + free value shipping) label show's 8.9 pound's... Well THAT'S not gonna fit in my mailbox for sure XD. My mailman must hate me, everytime he comes to my house he has another heavy package to drop off.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I don't see any troll posts left.[/QUOTE]

He's talking about your's, the $15 comment about the ultimate edition can very well be considered a troll post.

Just noticed that :ps3: version on Amazon has been pricematched to $79.99 as well. 146 copies remain of :ps3:, 1 copy of :pc:, and :360: is OOS.

Don't kill the messenger, just fyi! ;)

Man, I wish Amazon had the 360 collector's edition in stock. No tax plus free 2-day shipping would be beautiful.

[quote name='WingsDJY']So...are there any active promo codes that stack with this deal?[/QUOTE]

Just "SAVER", from what I can tell. Free value shipping.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I'd wait. This game bombed so hard the Ultimate will be $15 by June.[/QUOTE]

You don't live in St. Louis either as this game was flying off the shelves in April and stock has just now normalized. Probably the No. 3 selling console game of April behind Bioshock & Injustice in the city.

The Ultimate Edition I bought was delivered on thursday (and I'm like shocked came in a box that was the EXACT SIZE of the dang thing, not a centimeter to spare, not forced in or anything, but it's like airtight) and I must say, it DEFINATELY is a very high quality special edition.
Anyone on the edge can read my description below.
The main big box is a rather stocky thick cardboard, which is good as most other are flimsy little boxes that can get crushed, no worries for that on this one. When you open that up there's two thing's sectioned off in a little cardboard inside, the CE stuff that also comes in the Ultimate Edition, and the bag, which I can see why people like it, it has the sort of backpack/nylon feel to it for anyone curious, but definately doesn't feel cheap like you would be afraid to use it. After that there's everything that the CE comes with, it's packaged separately with a plastic covering slid around it, but just held on with a couple round clear tapes. Inside you immediately open up to the plastic encased Hellbug Statue, which is nice, then underneath you get some of the physical extra's that don't really have much use, two post card's, a little contract thing from the game, and then the art book, once you lift that you find the game underneath, it's still sealed and everything with a official seal, on the back where the barcode would be is a black and white "not for resale" instead, it's not really that noticeable but might cause issues when trading just the game into amazon (but since you bought the UE I think it's unlikely). Finally, the soundtrack is underneath. Also I didnt mention but the CE case is somewhat fitted so that each item I described should really fit in the order I listed. The CE box ITSELF is also very nice, with two magnetic flaps on the top that open out kinda like a DeLorean's door's, making opening and closing it rather easy, and instead of a smooth flat box which is somewhat annoying carry, this has handles, for whatever reason you need, now what some people wonder is "Where is the digital stuff, DLC, Season Pass, Etc..." Well when you open up the game, on the back of the manual there is a little code, ONE code, not multiple (SOME of you like to sell thing's they don't want but in this case it's all or nothing) just imput that and it will appear (on the xbox atleast) as Defiance Ultimate Edition. Anyone planning to get might want to make sure you have the space available. It forces you to install the game to your HDD (Don't do it from the dashboard it will make you do it anyway and waste more time) and a BUNCH of patches, It's a MMO, remember people, they don't come in "small".

[quote name='MooseTheCorgi']http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Defiance-Hits-1-Million-Players-55366.html

I wouldn't consider 1 million players in 1 month bombing. I watched a friend play this game today for about an hour and it looked like a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

1 million registered accounts, which means anybody that registered on their website, such as people signing up to beta test.

If they sold a million copies, they would have said they sold a million copies.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']1 million registered accounts, which means anybody that registered on their website, such as people signing up to beta test.

If they sold a million copies, they would have said they sold a million copies.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it says one million since the launch of the game.

I went to the link for the 360 version and it seems that Amazon has sold out and only 3rd party sellers have it.

I really want  the Ultimate Edition for Xbox from GameStop but I think $100 is still kinda expensive...hopefully there's another price drop soon so I can buy one.

They're thinking (rightly) that a lot of people do all of their shopping on Amazon.
I'd still find it hard to believe a person would spend $300 on Amazon vs $100 @ Gamestop hell they could pay someone to buy it there for them & ship it for far less than $300.

I ordered the Ultimate edition for $63.99 + TAX using promo codes SUMM3R (20% off purchase over $69.99) and SAVER (free shipping on purchase over $24.99).

Ordered one, good deal or nay? I bought a Epic Edition of Gears 3 and that was $12 this month.
Ultimate or collectors? I paid around $100 for the Ultimate edition about two months ago and consider what I got a good value. To break down what you get, a messenger bag that you could count at around $20, given that is the average sale price on second hand markets. So for the remaining $40, you get a very nice statue, an artbook, some postcards, $20 of in game currency (buy inventory space, trust me), the soundtrack, the season pass (no DLC out yet, but they are supposed to have the first out by the end of this month) and then a bunch of extra digital items such as a 7 day XP and Scrip (Money) boost. ALL THAT PLUS THE GAME OF COURSE, the game I would give a 6-7/10, for those bored until the amazing games come out this fall, this is a good one to hold you over.

im tepted to buy UE even though I own a copy already. It comes with a season pass and in game money right? i couldnt find the season pass for sale on PSN, im wondering if its more than $60 in total. Selling off the disc could net me $20.

I got the CE for $60 on release and sold the CE codes for $60 but I know all the values have dropped.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back