$60/$40 Defiance Ultimate or CE @ Gamestop(PS3/X360/PC)

This game is pretty great considering there isn't really anything else to play.   Only downside (xbox360)  there has been a major issue with getting timed out and continually kicked from the server.   It seems to be getting better with the latest patch but not 100% fixed.

My suggestion to anyone that is just getting started playing this game --->  Have someone that knows the ins and outs of this game explain what are key codes, ark salvage, scrips, synergy, how to mod weapons correctly, reset mastery on your weapons ect ect ect   

just a heads up, you better stay on top of that, members had posted before gs not actually cancelling their orders probably, and still shipped cancelled orders to them.
:lol: Lo and behold, I sent a follow-up email to 'make sure' that the order was still cancelled, and it turns out that it wasn't really cancelled in the first place. Looks like I'll have a return to make.

This game is pretty great considering there isn't really anything else to play. Only downside (xbox360) there has been a major issue with getting timed out and continually kicked from the server. It seems to be getting better with the latest patch but not 100% fixed.

My suggestion to anyone that is just getting started playing this game ---> Have someone that knows the ins and outs of this game explain what are key codes, ark salvage, scrips, synergy, how to mod weapons correctly, reset mastery on your weapons ect ect ect
I just started and I have to admit being a bit confused about all the things you mentioned. Do you know of any resource/guides online that give an overview/pointers? I'll have to check GameFAQs too.

:lol: Lo and behold, I sent a follow-up email to 'make sure' that the order was still cancelled, and it turns out that it wasn't really cancelled in the first place. Looks like I'll have a return to make.
gs is horrible at cancelling online orders.

I just started and I have to admit being a bit confused about all the things you mentioned. Do you know of any resource/guides online that give an overview/pointers? I'll have to check GameFAQs too.
The Defiance/ trion forums are pretty active so you definitely want to be there. yeah this is one of those games where I wish someone would have pulled me aside early because i was doing mostly everything wrong :)

A big Skyrim-Like Strategy Guide would have been ideal for this game. There is quite a lot to learn.

Just linked my account tonight and started adding in those 120 codes, so that is getting me some stuff.
I haven't redeemed the code that came with the game yet, not sure if I should just try and sell it. I would probably never touch the DLC, so I should probably try to get a few bucks for it, but there is also a lot of good stuff linked to it. I really wish the Season Pass code was separate.

Sorry if this has been answered and/or this the wrong place to ask this, but I was wondering if I could use the account I have on pc for this game.

You can use the same base account, but you'll have to start a new character. You can only link one console version per account--so PC and 360 OR PS3. Characters are segregated; about the only thing that'll carry over is if you've redeemed the 120 codes on the Defiance EGO page.

Ordered late Sunday and estimated arrival is tomorrow with SAVER shipping. Not bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use the same base account, but you'll have to start a new character. You can only link one console version per account--so PC and 360 OR PS3. Characters are segregated; about the only thing that'll carry over is if you've redeemed the 120 codes on the Defiance EGO page.

Ordered late Sunday and estimated arrival is tomorrow with SAVER shipping. Not bad.
Ok thanks for the reply. I'm glad I could input the codes on the PC.

To those who bought it, where are the ditital codes I can't find them in the ultimate box or the collectors box

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is coming today, but from what I have seen the code is printed on the manual inside the case, even though it just looks like a vanilla copy.

Thats exactly where it is, inside the game case on the back of the manual. And its only one code for all that DLC.
I know how you guys feel though, I wish it would have comfirmed somewhere else on the packaging that it included the Ultimate code, but I haven't heard any complains about it. I have yet to download mine, but I will have to try it this week.

There are also 120 other codes that you can enter online that get you more goodies when hou link your account.

So ya everyone was right, I can confirm that the digital items are contained in the game itself in the form of 1 code. Seems the first character you load there is no need to claim, everything is just added to your character and inventory.

Wow, ultimate edition box is huge. Just arrived and I thought they must've packed the shipping box full of peanuts/airbags, but it snugly fits the full UE box. Not a surprise to folks who watched the unboxing vid, but I rarely check those.

All that and the actual bag that comes with is a little smaller than I expected. Not a problem as I mainly picked it up because I was going to bite on the season pass anyway. Just find it funny how giant the packaging is.

Amazon has the Defiance CE for 39.99 on PS3 too

@theFlacksguy Thanks for the info

Last edited:
Actually a somewhat common problem with certain cheap plastics, before they are fully dried. It was a somewhat common complaint regarding the statue, but if you really did let it air out for "weeks and weeks" and not just a day or two, it would of gone away, as long as you had it somewhere that was dry, also airing out is best done in an open window.
I had it airing out for weeks/months, until well into s1 of the show. Trust me I'm a big fan of the game I wouldn't toss it unless I had to. It was so bad I wouldn't have been able to give the thing away. Hopefully it was just a fluke but I'll be more wary of any kind of plastic statue now.

bread's done
Back