$60/$40 Defiance Ultimate or CE @ Gamestop(PS3/X360/PC)

Man, bout time this hit my sweet spot price for the UE. I was pondering getting it at $79.99 and then I decided to wait and then it went back to $99.99 once they had that SUMM3R 20% off deal. I was about to give up on this, but this is a great deal and almost $100 off the original MSRP. Since the next couple of weeks are slow with AAA releases besides Pikmin, I am all over this. Thanks OP!

I've heard the statue is pretty cool, anyone care to comment on the quality of the bag? As far as I've read the first dlc for the season pass isn't even out yet. I've only played the game from a rental but can't remember what would be good from the in game store to buy. Is the season pass and $20 voucher worth it seeing how the game itself is only $20 now? Decisions...decisions...

I've heard the statue is pretty cool, anyone care to comment on the quality of the bag? As far as I've read the first dlc for the season pass isn't even out yet. I've only played the game from a rental but can't remember what would be good from the in game store to buy. Is the season pass and $20 voucher worth it seeing how the game itself is only $20 now? Decisions...decisions...
I just started playing yesterday. The season pass gives 1200 bits (in-game currency), which I spent most of to unlock 45 extra inventory slots. The extra slots are very useful since you wanna pick up as many weapons / items as you can to sell or salvage. The messenger bag is not bad at all. Pretty good size, can easily carry a tablet and some other stuff. Plus there's a small hardcover art book, soundtrack disc, and the statue which is small but cool. I'd say if you wanna get into the game, the ultimate edition is a really good deal at $60 w/ free shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I think I would be worried if I bought the season pass and it was not included in the UE as I have not heard anything about when the DLC will be released, but they at least demoed it at E3. Not sure about future DLC though.

Yeah I think I would be worried if I bought the season pass and it was not included in the UE as I have not heard anything about when the DLC will be released, but they at least demoed it at E3. Not sure about future DLC though.
Yea, that's the only thing that worries me, what if the dlc sucks...lol. Plus with a new generation of consoles coming out it will be hard to come back to this game with the dlc coming out during a time when Ill probably be playing watch dogs or cod ghost. Ill keep contemplating...

I just think that since the game obviously did not sell as well as they hoped for and with the next generation upon us, I am not high on the longevity of this franchise or the DLC support? I know the TV series was renewed for a second season and the game does tie in with this so that gives me some optimism, but not much.

gamestop is getting on my last nerve.

saying the billing address isnt matching the credit card institute, even though it is. i think its because my address is banned.

Is the game worth playing?  The reviews I've read (GameSpot and IGN) talk about a lot of glitches and bugs - were those fixed in patches/updates?  I've never played a MMO before - the game - in premise - seems interesting though...

I think you could wait, but the last time a poster checked their inventory, they said there was under 1000 total for UE for each system and that was at $79.99. I plan to keep mine unopened and if it does go down in price within a month, I know my local GS will price adjust if I do a return and repurchase. Seeing that it changed prices 3 times in a month, it could drop further, but I did not want to take a chance.

I've never played a MMO either, but from a couple of reviews I've read, it sounds like this might be a good place to start.

Seems like a tremendous deal for the Ultimate, when you factor in that the season pass is $40 by itself. I was kind of surprised it was still in stock this morning, I really can't believe its still available now.

Like I said before, the first DLC is slated for the end of this current month. The game does have bugs, when it first came out it was close to unplayable from them, those have pretty much all been fixed (but with every new fix there seems to be a new thing they break). But 99% of the time (you WILL encounter some eventually) the bugs are not really noticeable. The best way to describe the general game play would be borderlands without the awesome sarcastic humor, they general mechanics are pretty much the same. Ok so besides the game itself which essentially is $20 at this point, the quality of the bag is very nice for the value it represents of the UE. Regarding the statue, I don't think it is that small at all, this really is a good ultimate edition, an "ok" game but great extras.

Just got the game today for Xbox 360 and to install the 10 GB and all the patch updates does take a long time. I think the both the statue and bag are real nice quality too. Hopefully the DLC will be fun to play soon.

does anybody know if you can play with the same character on two different xbox 360's?  it seems the save file cannot be copied to cloud storage, so i'm not sure if that will work...

does anybody know if you can play with the same character on two different xbox 360's? it seems the save file cannot be copied to cloud storage, so i'm not sure if that will work...
Um, all the save data is server side, meaning as long as you are signed in under the same profile you have linked, your character will be there.

Alright, I caved :headache: , but I think in the end, The Cheapest we might see it (UCE) is about 50, while the CE will hit maybe that mythical 25 or more realistic 30 dollar mark. Just my 2 cents...

My Ultimate Editions came yesterday, and they are really nice, however I wish I had done a little more research on them. I didn't realize ALL of the DLC was tied to one single code. I figured the Saeson Pass and in game money would be separate since it only comes in the Ultimate.
It really cuts down my options, I thought I could maybe sell off the Season Pass if I didn't want it.
Oh well, still a tremendous deal for the price.

I will say one thing about Gamestop.com, they don't waste time processing and shipping and they take great care in packaging the items so kudos to them. I bought my UE the morning of the 23rd and used the Free Shipping which is 5-7 days and they shipped my item the same day. By yesterday I received this awesome item an it was only 2 days with their free shipping for this item to arrive

Amazon's free shipping not only takes a lot longer to process an order even a day or two for in stock items, but they have a much slower shipping speed and they package the items differently each time as I have no problems getting basic games in standard boxes, but anything like a book or special edition is a crapshoot as far as suffering any damage. It almost feels that you have to buy Prime as this seems to be a tactic of theirs to force you to get it but I know it is the way that the couriers handle the item. 

Now the bag is of great quality and I like the versatility of the statue as it is very good. The DLC alone is a great bargain with the game and everything else is just gravy. Thanks OP and CAG community for keeping this topic alive as I finally got my UE and it is all thanks to you as I completely forgot about this item with so many games about to come out including new game consoles.

Bought the vanilla game for $20 from Amazon last week, and turns out I really like it. :) Decided to "upgrade" to the Ultimate Edition for $60 minus whatever I can get for the sealed game itself. The season pass being included in the UE is what really sweetens the deal.

I love how people were saying the Ultimate edition wouldn't drop because of sales figures and the shows popularity, yet... it keeps dropping. With that being said, I really want to jump on the Ultimate, but I just got a new bag. =[ 

Bought the vanilla game for $20 from Amazon last week, and turns out I really like it. :) Decided to "upgrade" to the Ultimate Edition for $60 minus whatever I can get for the sealed game itself. The season pass being included in the UE is what really sweetens the deal.
You're not going to be able to keep the game sealed if you want the Season Pass. Apparently the code inside the gamecase gives you everything.
....which I'm still unsure about, since it's just the one code and its inside of a sealed Collectors Edition too.
How do I know the factory put the correct code inside the CE and not the regular CE code?

You're not going to be able to keep the game sealed if you want the Season Pass. Apparently the code inside the gamecase gives you everything.
....which I'm still unsure about, since it's just the one code and its inside of a sealed Collectors Edition too.
How do I know the factory put the correct code inside the CE and not the regular CE code?
Ah, dang. Well thanks for the info. I guess I'll just take the few bucks I can get for trade-in on the vanilla copy.

Just a potential warning.  I got the ultimate at release and I had to toss the hellbug statue that came with it.  It smelled horrible!  And I'm talking from a distance.  I let it air out for weeks and weeks, even sprayed the thing but it still stunk the room up.

None of the other collectibles I've got ever had that problem (skyrim dragon, colonial marines statue, etc..) 

Just a potential warning. I got the ultimate at release and I had to toss the hellbug statue that came with it. It smelled horrible! And I'm talking from a distance. I let it air out for weeks and weeks, even sprayed the thing but it still stunk the room up.

None of the other collectibles I've got ever had that problem (skyrim dragon, colonial marines statue, etc..)
Actually a somewhat common problem with certain cheap plastics, before they are fully dried. It was a somewhat common complaint regarding the statue, but if you really did let it air out for "weeks and weeks" and not just a day or two, it would of gone away, as long as you had it somewhere that was dry, also airing out is best done in an open window.

Been stuck on the damn patch screen pretty much ALL DAY.
Got to within 20 sec of completion once....but then it jumped up to about 6 hrs, and then the error screen.

I'd like to try the game at some point.

Got to within 20 sec of completion once....but then it jumped up to about 6 hrs, and then the error screen.

Don't worry, I had to try the initial patch process about 20 times before it actually worked. Once you get it up and running, the game is really fun!

That's weird, the whole thing took like 30-45 minutes for me. I actually started it hours before I intended to play because I thought it might take forever, but it zipped right through.

I tried to play the beta but after multiple attempts I could never get it to complete the install process, and I never got to play it. Probably the biggest reason I waited until the game was < $20 to play it. It's fun though!

I do seem to be having a problem with my DLC code though (the one on the back of the manual in the vanilla version). The code went in fine but no items are appearing in the claim area of the store. I'm not even sure what it's supposed to give you.

Just a potential warning. I got the ultimate at release and I had to toss the hellbug statue that came with it. It smelled horrible! And I'm talking from a distance. I let it air out for weeks and weeks, even sprayed the thing but it still stunk the room up.

I sprayed mine with Axe body spray but I've had bad allergies so I can't tell if the horrible smell is gone yet. I've had it for like a week.

Just a heads up if you are buying the ultimate edition online, use the code Techbar10, it'll knock 10 bucks off

The $10 off code was enough to get me to bite. No doubt the price will drop even more but I really wanted to try this.

Techbar10 = SOLD.  I traded in my vanilla version a few weeks back.  Was always mad I didn't buy the CE for the hellbug statue.  Now I got the Ultmiate for $55!  Thanks!

Gamestop won't honor a refund for price drop within 7 days ($79.99 to $59.99).  Therefore, I will have to do a rebuy and return in order to get refunded the difference.  Fortunately, I'll be rebuying at $49.99 with the new code. This is why I do most of my shopping on Amazon.

My order hadn't shipped yet, so I was able to cancel and re-order with the coupon. Or at least, the rep told me it was cancelled even though I can still see the order on the website. I guess we'll see. :lol:

My order hadn't shipped yet, so I was able to cancel and re-order with the coupon. Or at least, the rep told me it was cancelled even though I can still see the order on the website. I guess we'll see. :lol:
just a heads up, you better stay on top of that, members had posted before gs not actually cancelling their orders probably, and still shipped cancelled orders to them.

Picked this up when the MSRP dropped to $20. Having enough fun that I think I'll probably pick up the DLC, so $20 of defibux plus the bag and statue for the cost of each DLC individually isn't bad. Thanks for sharing techbar code.

bread's done
Back