90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento'][quote name='fashoinfightpause'][quote name='jbroush99']Does this sound like it's worth a trip?
Gran Turismo 2 will be $1.50
NHL 2K2 for DC will be $2.00
Intec PS2/system selector w/ dvd remote, multitap, and hookups for 6 systems will be $3.00
Intec Xbox 2D speaker systems will be $8.00

Everything else is gone![/quote]

wait so thats a system selector for $3? would you mind picking me up one if there are any extras?[/quote]

one quatsion about the item above mentioned: does the system selector support digital optical input?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it only has inputs for A/V and S-video. I guess I'll find out later today (it's Wednesday here) if there are any left.

Luckily I don't have to worry about employees whoring the deals because old ladies and people who don't know games work there. :p

They're the type to think Smurf Racing is better than Disagea.

[quote name='Zon27']1. R:Racing Evolution isn't green tagged (it was but not now).[/quote]

are there any others that aren't anymore that we should know about?

[quote name='Nephets']Luckily I don't have to worry about employees whoring the deals because old ladies and people who don't know games work there. :p

They're the type to think Smurf Racing is better than Disagea.[/quote]

Hey, what's wrong with Smurf Racing? :)

[quote name='jbroush99'][quote name='Nephets']Luckily I don't have to worry about employees whoring the deals because old ladies and people who don't know games work there. :p

They're the type to think Smurf Racing is better than Disagea.[/quote]

Hey, what's wrong with Smurf Racing? :)[/quote]

picture.jpg

Absolutely nothing.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='Zon27']1. R:Racing Evolution isn't green tagged (it was but not now).[/quote]

are there any others that aren't anymore that we should know about?[/quote]

It was posted on some other thread...but stuff just the main highlights (or the one's that are important to me) that got removed from the list:

R-Racing Evolution (ps2 & gc)
Kung Fu Chaos (xb)
Virtual Fighter 4 Evolution (ps2)
True Crime (gc)

does anybody know if Outlaw Golf: 9 Holes of Xmas will qualify at EB?
Yes, it does work. I think you get a quarter for it before the $5 bonus added on. Not bad at all, so far at EB no old games I've had have been rejected.

The only GBAs that are green tagged are the Glacier and Indigo. The Black GBA is still $69.99, and many stores are still showing lots of these in stock. I doubt they'd mark these down more as there are so many in stores.

Basically, most of the stuff they took off the green tag sale were PS1 games that they got in for their Christmas Sony display(Cool boarders, ff tactics, syphon filter 2 and 3, crash team racing, etc.), stuff they got in for their $14.99 value display(GC Godzilla, GC Mortal Kombat, R Racing Evolution, and a few others), and some stuff they realized they could sell for more and shouldn't be on the green tag sale(Jak 1, Ratchet and Clank 1, etc).

[quote name='tubtub']
does anybody know if Outlaw Golf: 9 Holes of Xmas will qualify at EB?
Yes, it does work. I think you get a quarter for it before the $5 bonus added on. Not bad at all, so far at EB no old games I've had have been rejected.

The only GBAs that are green tagged are the Glacier and Indigo. The Black GBA is still $69.99, and many stores are still showing lots of these in stock. I doubt they'd mark these down more as there are so many in stores.

Basically, most of the stuff they took off the green tag sale were PS1 games that they got in for their Christmas Sony display(Cool boarders, ff tactics, syphon filter 2 and 3, crash team racing, etc.), stuff they got in for their $14.99 value display(GC Godzilla, GC Mortal Kombat, R Racing Evolution, and a few others), and some stuff they realized they could sell for more and shouldn't be on the green tag sale(Jak 1, Ratchet and Clank 1, etc).[/quote]

Jak 1 and Ratchet and Clank are still green tagged where you can find them...they have multiple SKNs too. The SVG distributed ones are tagged.

Allright, heres all the stuff taken off green tag(from my old posts) There might be more, but this I believe is most:
XB Arcade Treasures
XB Kung Fu Chaos
XB Star Wars Starfighter Special Edition
GC True Crime
PS2 R Racing Evolution
PS2 Spyro Enter the Dragonfly
PS2 Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution
GBA Dexter's Laboratory
PS Marble Master
PS Sesame Street Sports
GC Disney PK Out of Shadows
GBA Powerpuff Girls advance
PS2 Rayman Arena
GC Spy Hunter
GC Batman Vengeance
GC Mortal Kombat
GC Rocky
GC Defender
GC Medabots Infinity
PS2 Spy Hunter
PS2 Monster 4x4
XB Rogue Ops
GC Godzilla DAMM
GBA Cartoon Network Speedway
GBA Green Eggs and Ham
GBA Klonoa
GBA Ultimate Brain Games
GC Quidditch Harry Potter
GC SSX3
GC Smuggler's Run 2
GC Monsters Inc.
GC Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets
GC Medal of Honor Frontline
GC Lord of the Rings Two Towers
XB Lord of the Rings Two Towers
XB SSX3
PS2 Fairly Odd Parents
PS2 Quidditch Harry Potter
PS2 Ratchet and Clank

I'll be checking this out. I don't know what (if anything) is left at my local TRU, but it doesn't hurt to look. I have to go out anyways and pick up something for my gf's birthday.

my trus are empty of all green tag items, have been for weeks.

unless... is this ALL green tags or just videogames? i could probably pick up other shit too.

Also, it might be worth picking up green tagged guides finally.

[quote name='dracula']my trus are empty of all green tag items, have been for weeks.

unless... is this ALL green tags or just videogames? i could probably pick up other shit too.

Also, it might be worth picking up green tagged guides finally.[/quote]

I believe this is for ALL green tagged stuff. So that means if you find a green tagged bike tire pump at $14.99, it will be reduced to $1.50.

Also as mentioned earlier, some strategy guides are marked down from the $2 - $7 range, and if you find the green tagged guides, they're mostly at $1.70.

[quote name='tubtub']Allright, heres all the stuff taken off green tag(from my old posts) There might be more, but this I believe is most:

PS2 Fairly Odd Parents
[/quote]

wtf? There is such a game? :lol:

At my TRU, its cleared of N64 games, Dreamcast games, GameSharks, and most good games. Mine doesn't have the aluminum gamers kits anymore.

[quote name='dracula']my trus are empty of all green tag items, have been for weeks.

Also, it might be worth picking up green tagged guides finally.[/quote]

I got some Simpsons action figures the other day for $2.99 each, but that's just a clearance price. There are some good deals left on some green tagged stuff but most of the good stuff should be gone since inventory happened last month and all the TRUs should have emptied their pockets on the tables.

Some random good stuff has shown up but not recently. Like the RCA RP2480 CD player that I picked up for $13.

[quote name='SOSTrooper'][quote name='tubtub']Allright, heres all the stuff taken off green tag(from my old posts) There might be more, but this I believe is most:

PS2 Fairly Odd Parents
[/quote]

wtf? There is such a game? :lol:[/quote]

Yup. :)

I am going tomorrow at 2PM PST. If anyone wants to set up trades, I need to know to pick up extras so you need to PM me beforehand with a list. Mine STILL has almost every major green tagged game. I won't do guides from TRU though, because they're bastards about discounting guides.

[quote name='tubtub']Allright, heres all the stuff taken off green tag(from my old posts) There might be more, but this I believe is most:
XB Arcade Treasures
XB Kung Fu Chaos
XB Star Wars Starfighter Special Edition
GC True Crime
PS2 R Racing Evolution
PS2 Spyro Enter the Dragonfly
PS2 Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution
GBA Dexter's Laboratory
PS Marble Master
PS Sesame Street Sports
GC Disney PK Out of Shadows
GBA Powerpuff Girls advance
PS2 Rayman Arena
GC Spy Hunter
GC Batman Vengeance
GC Mortal Kombat
GC Rocky
GC Defender
GC Medabots Infinity
PS2 Spy Hunter
PS2 Monster 4x4
XB Rogue Ops
GC Godzilla DAMM
GBA Cartoon Network Speedway
GBA Green Eggs and Ham
GBA Klonoa
GBA Ultimate Brain Games
GC Quidditch Harry Potter
GC SSX3
GC Smuggler's Run 2
GC Monsters Inc.
GC Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets
GC Medal of Honor Frontline
GC Lord of the Rings Two Towers
XB Lord of the Rings Two Towers
XB SSX3
PS2 Fairly Odd Parents
PS2 Quidditch Harry Potter
PS2 Ratchet and Clank[/quote]

Thanx for the list!!! Too bad, I wanted some of these... :(

Are there any posts or does anyone know about other green tagged items besides video games that are worth checking out? Any help will be appreciated!!

[quote name='neocisco'][quote name='SOSTrooper'][quote name='tubtub']Allright, heres all the stuff taken off green tag(from my old posts) There might be more, but this I believe is most:

PS2 Fairly Odd Parents
[/quote]

wtf? There is such a game? :lol:[/quote]

Yup. :)[/quote]

There's actually a few based on the show.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']seems like we need to get a decent list going before tomorrow morning. the list linked to in this thread (http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26624) doesn't seem to match up quite right, as some of those were fall clearance items. anyone?[/quote]

The games are going to be so picked over and whatever is left over is so YMMV that it makes it not worth it.

Wow this deal is exceptional, hope there will be some games at my TRU. I will most likely take my games to FYE though, most games i've traded in there they gave me around $7.50 each, which is a damn fine deal without worriying about exclusions, ect.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='rocksolidaudio']seems like we need to get a decent list going before tomorrow morning. the list linked to in this thread (http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26624) doesn't seem to match up quite right, as some of those were fall clearance items. anyone?[/quote]

The games are going to be so picked over and whatever is left over is so YMMV that it makes it not worth it.[/quote]

Well maybe they are picked over but a few like amplitude and bloodrayne might be worth $2.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='rocksolidaudio']seems like we need to get a decent list going before tomorrow morning. the list linked to in this thread (http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26624) doesn't seem to match up quite right, as some of those were fall clearance items. anyone?[/quote]

The games are going to be so picked over and whatever is left over is so YMMV that it makes it not worth it.[/quote]

Well maybe they are picked over but a few like amplitude and bloodrayne might be worth $2.[/quote]

Oh, I'm not saying the $2 games won't be worth it, I'm saying that making a list wouldn't be worth it.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='rocksolidaudio']seems like we need to get a decent list going before tomorrow morning. the list linked to in this thread (http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26624) doesn't seem to match up quite right, as some of those were fall clearance items. anyone?[/quote]

Well maybe they are picked over but a few like amplitude and bloodrayne might be worth $2.[/quote]

Oh, I'm not saying the $2 games won't be worth it, I'm saying that making a list wouldn't be worth it.[/quote]

Ahhh, well I figure make a list and see what you can find, that way you don't pick up the roadkill with the christmas goose. But yes I suppose expecting anything good to be left is hopeing for a bit much.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='rocksolidaudio']seems like we need to get a decent list going before tomorrow morning. the list linked to in this thread (http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26624) doesn't seem to match up quite right, as some of those were fall clearance items. anyone?[/quote]

Oh, I'm not saying the $2 games won't be worth it, I'm saying that making a list wouldn't be worth it.[/quote]

Ahhh, well I figure make a list and see what you can find, that way you don't pick up the roadkill with the christmas goose. But yes I suppose expecting anything good to be left is hopeing for a bit much.[/quote]

i definitely think making a list is worth it, not that there's much time left anyhow. when i stopped by tonight, i price-checked unreal championship because i thought i remembered it being on the list at some point. it was indeed 70% off (($6.00), which i wouldn't have known otherwise since it wasn't in the rather large green tagged section. it's always easier to have some idea what you're looking for, i'd hate to miss out on something great because i wasn't informed.

[quote name='ChrisXE']also keep an EYE out for 7' LCD monitor portable VCR player, which includes everything to hook up in car and game systems, and its 119.99+90% off, made by audiovaux, i think thats how u spell it
[/quote]

7-foot screen eh? :wink: quite the deal...

This thread will be as crazy as the CC 5 dollar sale this last summer later today. :p

Or close. Ah well, I plan to go around 2pm...

[quote name='Nephets']This thread will be as crazy as the CC 5 dollar sale this last summer later today. :p
Or close. Ah well, I plan to go around 2pm...[/quote]
It would be if most of us our TRU stores didn't get emptied out around coupon time in December. Before I got the bright idea to clean up my local TRU someone bought almost all of the green tagged games. Why they would have wanted 30 copies of Turok and 20 or so of some tennis game for 3 dollars each among other things I have no idea. The CC deal had a good deal of stuff(actual great games too) because it hadn't had a chance to get cleaned out slowly but at a gaining rate over the months prior.

I've been checking TRUs every other week for quite some time now, slowly acquiring a decent-sized collection from the 70% off. I have 9 stores (that I've been to) within a 40-50 mile radius of where I live. Most of the good green tags are already gone but I'll scrape the bottom of the barrel for 90% off.

Well, I'm going as soon as it opens. I plan on picking up as much trade-in fodder as I can and some toys for birthday presents for the next 10 years.

I'll report back as soon as I'm finished.

I'll be heading to my local one at lunch, and then hitting one on the way home from work as well. I'll report anything I find here in Georgia.

[quote name='SadieDee']What time does TRU usually open? I could hit it before class today...[/quote]

Yes, could someone confirm. I thought my TRU opened at 9:30, but their website says 10 am. Any thoughts?

[quote name='Owen']They changed their hours for the new year. They are now 10am-9pm weekdays.[/quote]

Thanks. It's bad enough I will be waiting at the front door when they open at 10am. At 9:30, management would've called the cops for trespassing.

[quote name='StealthySeal']i went to school this morning to find out periods 1 and 2 (out of 4) have been canned for some tours....

TO TRU![/quote]

Damn, why does stuff like this not happen to the working folks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back