90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

Some guy must have cleaned out the SF TRU. When I went at lunch (around 12:30) there were still a bunch of copies of Jak&Dax, Eternal Darkness, among other games. Went back after work and just about everything is gone.

NFL 2k3 - $15,
some Mary Kate and Ashley-$15,
Primal is disappearing - $15
~$30 games, I didn't pay too much attention
a couple of Everquest
Zapper
Sneakers.

I couldn't find anything at my TRU except primal PS2 and some Soul Calibur II guides. If any of you have extra copies of:

MGS Substance XBox
Eternal Darkness GCN

I sure would appreciate a copy

Thanks

[quote name='EddieBelfour']anyone grab an extra fatal frame for xbox?[/quote]

I doubt it, you'd be lucky to find one. I grabbed the last one :)

[quote name='EddieBelfour']anyone grab an extra fatal frame for xbox?[/quote]

I got one, but I don't really know if I want it because I'm considering offloading my Xbox. It's still sealed so, I mean, what's it worth to you?

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='EddieBelfour']anyone grab an extra fatal frame for xbox?[/quote]

I doubt it, you'd be lucky to find one. I grabbed the last one :)[/quote]

oh yeah, how about you just send me yours? :wink:

they had ONE at the tru in NIagara falls when it was 50 percent off and i should have picked it up, but i didnt. went back a few weeks ago and it wasnt there...

if anyone can grab me a copy of this i will love you forever.

Reality's Fringe said:
[quote name='EddieBelfour']anyone grab an extra fatal frame for xbox?

I got one, but I don't really know if I want it because I'm considering offloading my Xbox. It's still sealed so, I mean, what's it worth to you?[/quote]

ten bucks and ill send you some hot sauce.

my tru had no green tagged games except ps1/2 ones. all the ps2 games were sports so i couldn't use the eb deal. they did have those winter jampacks though. and GGx2 for $20 seemed like a good deal to me.

anyways i ended up getting

intec 3d speakers $8
dino crisis $1.50
Duke Nukem time to kill $1.50
Carrier $2
GT2 $1.50
Action Pack $3
ps1 controller/memory card $2
vertical stand x2 .69
ps2 memory card booster

all the r:racing evolutions were on the 2 for $20 table.

Reality's Fringe said:
Hot sauce IS good....

franks red hot too homie. you'll like it if you have never had it. especially on your scrambled eggs. seriously though. lets do a deal. but really, if you want ill throw some hot sauce in.

Today, I managed to get:

Pryzm - $1
Hard Hitter Tennis - $1
Mad Maestro - $1
Primal - $1.50
Xbox Exhibition Discs - $0.50
Virtua Tennis - $1
Oddworld - $1.50
PSONE pouches - $1
GC Battery Packs - $4
Genesis Game - $0.50
GBA Radio - $0.30
Warcraft 3: FT - $2

[quote name='EddieBelfour']
Reality's Fringe]Hot sauce IS good....[/quote] franks red hot too homie. you'll like it if you have never had it. especially on your scrambled eggs. seriously though. lets do a deal. but really said:
I'm still debating, so I'm going to do some research on it to see if I might like it. I'll tellyou what though, if you have Donkey Kong Country 3 and want to trade it for it, I'll send Fatal Frame to you with a kiss. Otherwise, lemme look into it first.

Hot sauce IS good....

franks red hot too homie. you'll like it if you have never had it. especially on your scrambled eggs. seriously though. lets do a deal. but really, if you want ill throw some hot sauce in.[/quote]

I'm still debating, so I'm going to do some research on it to see if I might like it. I'll tellyou what though, if you have Donkey Kong Country 3 and want to trade it for it, I'll send Fatal Frame to you with a kiss. Otherwise, lemme look into it first.[/quote]

there was a time when this was enough:

[quote name='EddieBelfour']
if anyone can grab me a copy of this i will love you forever. [/quote]

but let me know, or if there is some CAGer out there who wants platonic man love for fatal frame for xbox, hook a brother up.

Anyone hit up the Santa Rosa, CA TRU yet?
If so is there anything decent left?
I say this because I prolly wont be able to swing by until friday...
d'oh... :?

My pickups from Moreno Valley, CA TRU
PS2 Talk Net USB headphones $3
PS1 Multitap $1.50
PS2 NCAA 2003 $3
PS2 Primal $1.5

Only other things they had were gba cases, ps2 and xbox sega sport games, e-reader cards and some pc software.

Mediocre haul at my TRU today.

DC Sports Bundle 1.20
GC Universal Studio 3.00 (It's for my wife :oops: )
eReader Donkey Kong III 0.20
eReader Clu Clu Land 0.20
eReader Golf 0.20
eReader Balloon Fight 0.25
eReader Super Mario Advanced 4 - Series 2 packs (x5) 0.60

Accessories:
Official Xbox s-video AV pack 2.00
Intec PS2 digital optical cables (x4) 1.00 - I thought this was my best deal since I can use them on my other A/V components.
Soul Calibur II Guide 0.70
Zelda Windwaker Guide 0.70

A lot of the cheap games I already had from the five dollar off coupon deal of December, in which I got for 100% off. :lol:

Here's what I got at the Michigan City store.

GC Mini-disc Carrier (Black): 50 cents
Dino Crisis (PS1): $1.50
NHL Rock the Rink (PS1) $1.50
ESPN NHL 2K4 (XB): $2
NHL Hitz 20-03 (XB): $2
Dark Angel (XB): $2
Minority Report (XB): $2
Wreckless Yakuza (XB): $2
Oddworld Munch (XB): $2
Soldier of Fortune (DC): $2.19
Carrier (DC): $2
E-Reader Pinball: 25 cents
E-Reader Clu Clu: 25 cents
Stake (XB): $2
NHL 2003 (XB): $2
World Racing (XB): $3
Super Bike 2 (PS1): $1.50
EJay Clubworld (PS2): $1
Black and Bruised (PS2): $3
Timesplitters 2 (XB): $2
NHL 2004 (XB): $3
PS1 Memcard: $1
XIII (PS2): $4
Manhunt (XB): $10
Freestyle Metal X (PS2): $3

I found white slips for the following, but they didn't end up having them. Bummer, but at least I can confirm the following prices.

Phantom Crash (XB): $3
Evil Dead Boomstick (PS2): $2
Mummy Returns (PS2): $2
MGS2 Substance (XB): $1.50
Secret Weapons Europe (PS2): $2

Good luck,

-DM

congrats to everyone on getting some good deals. My toys r us only had these games

-Primal ps2 (like 15 copies)
-a whole bunch of 2001/2002 college sports games for PS2
-2k1 Sports DC games
-Carrier DC
-WWF No Mercy N64-
-WCW/NWO revenge N64
-bunch of PS1 games like legacy of kain, syphon filter

I didn't bother with those, but I tried to have a few games rung up by a r-zone employee and they told me they were regular price. I tried True Crime GC and Devil May Cry 2 GH PS2. A lot of the games on the regular game shelves weren't green tagged however. The only ones for the sale were the ones on the tables. Oh well you can't win them all :D

[quote name='marlboro2']My pickups from Moreno Valley, CA TRU
PS1 Multitap $1.50
PS2 NCAA 2003 $3
PS2 Primal $1.5

Only other things they had were gba cases, ps2 and xbox sega sport games, e-reader cards and some pc software.[/quote]

That TRU sucks. So does the one in Fontana, head to the Riverside store (on Tyler) they didn't have a ton of stuff but I got Eternal Darkness and R: Racing Revolution for $5 so I was happy. The only other things I saw were sports games and Gladius (GC). There may have been some other things.

Picked up these green tags, prices after discount:

GBA
Space Invaders -$4
Lufia -$3
Onimusha Tactics -$2
Butt Ugly Martians - $1
Zoocube -$3
Land Before Time -$1.50
D&D Eye of the Beholder - $2
Backyard Hockey-$2
Lord of the Rings Two Towers -$2.50

PS2
Wipeout Fusion $2.50
Indiana Jones $3
Tekken Tag Tournament -$1
.hack//Outbreak -$3
Wild Arms -$3

Xbox
Dark Angel -$2
Phantom Crash $3
Dino Crisis 3 -$3
Metal Dungeon -$2.50
Stake Fortune Fighters -$2
Voodoo Vince -$2
Gladius -$2
Wakeboarding Unleashed -$3
Motor Trend Lotus -$2.50

GC
R Racing -$1.50
Eternal Darkness -$5
Gladius -$5
Harry Potter Sorcerer's Stone -$3
Dead to Rights -$3

PS1
YuGiOh Forbidden Memories(standard version, not Premium) -$3

N64
Resident Evil 2 -$1.50

Hardware:
Xbox LCD Screen 5.4 -$15
Audiovox VCR in a bag with LCD -$14
PS2 USB Keyboard -$2
DVD Home Theatre sytem Generic Brand -$17

I also got a God of War PS2 demo free from the cashier.

[quote name='RaekwonThaChef'][quote name='marlboro2']My pickups from Moreno Valley, CA TRU
PS1 Multitap $1.50
PS2 NCAA 2003 $3
PS2 Primal $1.5

Only other things they had were gba cases, ps2 and xbox sega sport games, e-reader cards and some pc software.[/quote]

That TRU sucks. So does the one in Fontana, head to the Riverside store (on Tyler) they didn't have a ton of stuff but I got Eternal Darkness and R: Racing Revolution for $5 so I was happy. The only other things I saw were sports games and Gladius (GC). There may have been some other things.[/quote]

I may head down to the TRU in Murrieta tomorrow. Was thinking about the one in Palm Desert as well, but that is a bit out of the way for me. Thanks for the Riverside tip

Forgot to mention that the Bell Gardens, CA TRU has mistagged the Sony PSone LCD screens with a green tag for $99.99, only the Intec ones are supposed to be greentagged. Anyways I had the lady scan them and they rang up $39.98 I tried to get her to sell them to me for $10, but no go. Anyways maybe another CAGer might have better luck with another cashier or getting a manager, I didn't bother with it.

To sum it up Bell Gardens, CA TRU has SONY PS1 LCD screens tagged with a green sticker for $99.99. YMMV if you can get the sales person to sell it to you. Good luck.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']hey anyone come up with a list of these or all they all blue stickered at stores already?[/quote]

You mean green tagged? :p

I'm curious for a list as well, but, I was really REALLY hoping Metal Slug Advance would be on sale but it isn't. :cry:

I found a $119 mountain bike with the green tag... needless to say, I got it on the cheap...although it was a pain in the ass to haul it home in a car that was already full of crap...

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Mishimaryu']hey anyone come up with a list of these or all they all blue stickered at stores already?[/quote]

You mean green tagged? :p

I'm curious for a list as well, but, I was really REALLY hoping Metal Slug Advance would be on sale but it isn't. :cry:[/quote]

I spend a few min going through the whole thread and just cut and paste all the titles that interest me and make up my own list.

[quote name='cyberlian']I found a $119 mountain bike with the green tag... needless to say, I got it on the cheap...although it was a pain in the ass to haul it home in a car that was already full of crap...[/quote]

Yeah, I got that too. Man, I was glad to find one more of those hidden in the back.

[quote name='cyberlian']I found a $119 mountain bike with the green tag... needless to say, I got it on the cheap...although it was a pain in the ass to haul it home in a car that was already full of crap...[/quote]

!!!!!! I want it !!!!!

I'm doing back to TRU tomorrow to look for it.

i got back home..
i bought
mojo (x2) 1$
mad maestro (x2) 1S
ejay clubworld (x2) 1$
fantavision (x2) 1$
ps1 intec ps1 startkit 2$
GC bettere indigo and black each 4$
guides zelda windwaker 0.70 (x2)
soul caliber 2 0.70 (x3)

PM me..

[quote name='gamefreak1025']yet again does anyone have a list of stuff thats 90% off???[/quote]

The answer is no. This has been a long time deal that finally came to 90%. Just read the thread and you'll get a good idea.

Not really here to brag but wanted to say thanks to all the CAGs who were involved in this. I saved a load today and the majority of it wasn't even video games.

My sincerest thanks

Was anyone able to price adjust the stuff they bought a week or two ago? I bought a few games last week so it would be saving me $15 if I could get them at the new price.

I bought a couple of the green tagged items last week and I asked this clerk if I could adjust the price. She told me that it was already marked with the 70% off so she couldn't do it. Not sure if she knew green tags were now 90% off. I'll probably try another customer rep at the end of the week.

[quote name='jngx80']Was anyone able to price adjust the stuff they bought a week or two ago? I bought a few games last week so it would be saving me $15 if I could get them at the new price.

I bought a couple of the green tagged items last week and I asked this clerk if I could adjust the price. She told me that it was already marked with the 70% off so she couldn't do it. Not sure if she knew green tags were now 90% off. I'll probably try another customer rep at the end of the week.[/quote]

I did. Although I brought the acutal items I bought back in and did a refund and repurchase. Saved me $40. The clerk told me if it had only been 7 days, they could do a price adjustment, but after 7 days, they would need the item to do a physical return, and then you could rebuy it. I'm going back to get my Front Mission 3 price adjusted from $12 to $4.

[quote name='soulwish2003']"" HEY LOOK AT ME !! I SHOP AT TOYS R US!! ""

:shock:

lot

lot 2

all auctions[/quote]

man! I wish my TRU had that many games. One of the TRU's I went to said that they had someone buy about $200 worth of green tag stuff when they opened. Bastard.

Turok Evolution gamecube $1
Celebrity Deathmatch ps2 $1
Everquest online adventures ps2(x2 by accident) $1.50
Ejay Club world ps2$1
Rogue Ops Ps2 $2
Primal ps2 ps2$1
Hunter The Reckoning ps2$2
Dave Mirra 2 ps2 $1
Mad Maestro PS2 $1
Music Maker PS2$1
Indiana Jones xbox $3
MVP baseball 2003 xbox $3
Driver ps1 $1.50
Driver 2 $1.50
Twisted metal 3&4 ps1 $1.50 each
Action bass ps1 $1
DC Sports pack $1.xx
Typing of the dead DC $2
Spyro the dragon $1.50
Crash Bandicoot warped $1.50
cd player $3.xx
mountain bike $20

Nothing!! Did any one else's TRU turn the green tag games into Value Price games that scanned 19.99 or 9.99? I found Mojo and other games like that.

man, I never realized this thing would explode like this back when I first posted it...to all who have offered thanks, it's no problem, it's what any CAGer would do, just glad so many were able to get such major scores.

To those who managed to find .hack, Mad Mestro, Kill.Switch, and Ikaruga...congrats, I hate you, and PM me if you're looking to sell. *g*

I went to three TRUs today-- unfortunately that hoarder from Columbus seemed to be getting to the stores around a half hour before my arrival at each location :x

According to one store worker (at the first store I went to) that guy spent around $300 right when the store opened and cleaned out most of the games. I arrived at 10:25-- and I'm really wondering what games I missed out on. I still managed to do pretty well after all was said and done, though. Here's my haul:

Dreamcast Gameshark $1.20
GBA Kong $1.50
GBA Crouching Tiger HD: $2
GBA Space Invaders: $4 (two of these)
XBox Wreckless: $2 (bought a few of these)
XBox Madden 2004: $2.99
GC Universal Studios $3 (two or three of these)
Spy Hunter ~$2
Celebrity Deathmatch ~$1
Atari Collection 80 games for PC: ~$3
XBox Motor Trend Lotus Challenge: ~$2.50 (two of these)

I took a couple of these to FYE, and then more to EB for the $10 extra deal. This is turning out to be one of the best deals I've seen in a long time! Thanks OP!

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back