90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

lets see... I went to the TRU in Dearborn, MI and found...

Intec Mobile Monitor for the playstation
orignal price: $109.99
got it for $29.99
got the last one as well :D

some memory card adapter for the PS2 that expands it into 2 memory cards with one.
orignal price: $9.99
my price: $3.49
trade in price at game crazy: $8
good deal :)

PS2 game case
orignal price: $10.99
got it for $1.99
I didn't even know it was on sale, I just checked the price and instantly bought it when I found out.

Gladiator Sword of Vengace for Xbox
orignal price: $29.99
got it for: $8.99
not a bad game so far, kinda repetitive but alright

gonna go look fer more TRU in my area

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']hmm... so who's heading out tommorow to hit more TRUs?

Is anyone else here from miami? It seems no one where I live even knows about this... but the local TRU managers started putting out 90% sale signs in the elctronic dep... grrr...[/quote]

I'm from Hialeah.......if that counts. I already hit up 2 stores.....Hialeah and Pembroke Pines. I did pretty good wiht the Hialeah store, but the Pines store had NOTHING. Oh well.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912'][quote name='RelentlessRolento']hmm... so who's heading out tommorow to hit more TRUs?

Is anyone else here from miami? It seems no one where I live even knows about this... but the local TRU managers started putting out 90% sale signs in the elctronic dep... grrr...[/quote]

I'm from Hialeah.......if that counts. I already hit up 2 stores.....Hialeah and Pembroke Pines. I did pretty good wiht the Hialeah store, but the Pines store had NOTHING. Oh well.[/quote]

mkay, cool, just stay away from my stores :lol:

yeah... I'm kinda high and dry, but some good stuff here and there.

I got my mom to check when she was out there she only checked
BG&E $6.**
Baldurs gate: Da $5.**
and the GCN controllers were normal price

if by chance someone happens across some La Pucelle's during a TRU run, could ya pick one up/pm me? Thanks!

Remember those Nickelodeon contests when we (me, at least) were kids? I think the winner got to run around a TRU, throwing in as much stuff as possible.

That's what the past 2 days have felt like. God bless.

[quote name='ripoffer']I just called TRU and they said that they only have some PS1 games for 90% off, no GCN or PS2 games on 90% off. Should I still bother going to TRU or not?[/quote]

I hate to ask a question from a post from page 35 but which one did you call in Vegas?

[quote name='gizmogc']Here's what I snagged (Note, most are the multiples are for friends/family, picked them up knowing they wanted them...left plenty of each game though!)

PS2:
Primal x5
Stretch Panic x6
Savage Skies x4
Mark Davis' Pro Bass Challenge x6
Ejay club word x3
Magix Music maker x2
Mojo! x2
UFC Throwdown x2
Stuntman
NFL 2K3

Xbox:
Unreal Championship x5
Mojo! x3
Pac-Man world 2 x3
World Racing x2
Legends of Wrestling
Legends of Wrestling II x2
WWF RAW 2
Morrowwind

Gamecube:
Universal Theme Park x4
Disney Magical Mirror
Mary-Kaye and Ashley sweet 16 (Cant WAIT to play this one!!!!!)
Eternal Darkness

GBA
Virtua Tennis x8
Buttugly Martions x8
Space Invaders x4

Misc:
Soul Calibur deluxe strategy guide x2

Paid about $120 for all of this...not bad![/quote]

..right. Because every family wants buttugly martians. As long as you left at least one of each game, I suppose.

Dude, Butt Ugly is awesome! I beleive it is my duty to buy as many copies of that game as possible and burn them. THEN, it will be more 'rare' ;-)

No TRU I've been too in my adult life has the ticket system anymore. Some outdated places still have it but they are quite rare.

[quote name='terribledeli']Let me tell you a tale folks...

I arrive at the store this morning. I picked up 2 Fatal Frame tags, one for headhunter, and one for black and bruised. I was snooping around and found one for frequency and soldier of fortune as well. And lo and behold, I found an entire shelf of GCN controllers. I also got a copy of Ejay whatever and No One Lives Forever.

As I'm waiting for the electronics lady, she comes over and tells me that they don't have any fatal frames. I wait for her to get the other games. She returns and tells me that there isn't any copies of the games I had tags for. She later comes out with copies of Primal, Savage Skies, and The Mark of Kri. She offers me a refund and these games. Which is really cool. At this point, the manager walks over and asks what the situation is. I explain and tell her its okay. She then orders the electronics lady to find a couple of more greentag games. She comes out with a copy of RE: Code Veronica X. Rings up $5.48, the manager then tells her to give it to me for 90% off that price (I offered to pay the difference since I know this kind of stuff happens). But the manager won't hear it.

I called up my younger brother and later my boss who want me to get them some contollers. I also picked up a copy of Morrowind: GOTY for my boss's boyfriend and Red Alert 2 for my younger brother while I was there.

So to recap:

Mark of Kri - 1.50
Savage Skies - 1.30
Primal - 1.50
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X - don't remember price
6 Black GCN controllers (2 for me, 2 for brother, 2 for boss) - 2.50 a piece
No One Lives Forever - $.74
Red Alert 2 - $1.00
Ejay whatever - $1.00
Morrowind GOTY - $3.00

A word of advice, ask the electronic people to check the back room. There was completely no evidence of primal, mark of kri, savage skies, or RE...I wouldn't have known unless the lady hadn't brought them out.

I'll try to grab some controllers for folks tomorrow but there was a guy with a handful as I was leaving.

edit: Sorry to all the folks that were hoping I'd be able to get some fatal frames.[/quote]

I went to 2 TRU's in the DFW area (Arlington and Irving ).

The Arl store only had some R Racing for GCN.

The Irving store I don't know, because the same damn hoarder that had dumped every green tag and cheap game in a cart at the end of the $5 coupon, had about 4 carts of stuff.

Most of it looked like toys or accesories. I couldn't tell because it was all bagged up. Just like last time if I had gone the day before, or an hour earlier I would have beat him. Oh well.

I found a copy of Oddworld for XBOX for 4.99 at Best Buy. Don't know where the heck it came from, but that's enough for the day :lol:

[quote name='gizmogc']Hey, anyone know how to open those purple 'slips' over some of the games like Savages skies and Stretchpanic? I can't seem to figure it out![/quote]

Ugh, I had to do it on my games too. I just used a knife.

[quote name='kazo']Intec Mobile Monitor for the playstation
got it for $29.99
got the last one as well :D [/quote]

Ouch...That must have been on clearance, not part of the Green Tag.

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='hmbtnguy']What! I went ot TRU yesterday and none of the GC controllers were green tagged... I didn't ask the price, but is it true that they are on sale? Because other things were tagged, but not the controllers.[/quote]

YMMV[/quote]

NO, it's not YMMV...only the older GC controllers are tagged (the triangle on the side, stands up on it's own on the shelf). The new packaging is regular (the one's made for pegs).

[quote name='FOnewearl'][quote name='FFMooglestar']Im heading out tomorrow to try my luck at the Mira Mesa, CA and San Diego (Morena Blvd) CA TRU's.

Anyone been to these stores yet. I'd love to get Morrowind GOTY, Xenosaga, Wild Arms 3, Romance, Metropolismania, and some other games I actually want to play.[/quote]

Just to be forewarned I remember seeing someone saying that Metropolismania was 1 or 2 dollars at thier store but it was still $9.99 at mine. I'm guessing that maybe the copy they got had one of them generic sticker UPC covering up the one on the game case. All of the copies at my store didn't have any sticker UPCs covering up the real one.[/quote]

YET again, how many times must I reiterate? They are different skns. They shipped Metropolismania again to us and it's regular priced at $9.99 which isn't that bad since that game doesn't suck.

[quote name='Pizzicato Five']Did anyone see the Gottlieb Pinball Collection for XBOX at 90% off?[/quote]

That's not green tagged.

[quote name='kazo']Intec Mobile Monitor for the playstation
got it for $29.99
[/quote]

If that's the PSOne monitor in the yellow casing, you got ripped, bro.. I picked up the exact same thing for $5 yesterday, it was marked $49.99.

Check the #'s on the receipt.. mine rang up as 804926062704

Oh I forgot to ask, has anyone checked any of the other stores in the DFW area? It would help to know if it's worth heading out to another one tomorrow.

Nephets...

Jammer....

You out there? :wink:

[quote name='dinovelvet'][quote name='Pizzicato Five']I was at my local TRU and they had a TON of R Racing Evolution for GC and some other items but none rang up with the 90% off. None had green tags. Should these have rang up at 90% off?[/quote]

Yes, it should. I got a Gamecube R Racing Evolution (with PacMan VS disc) for $1.49. It had a $14.99 'Great Games, Great Prices' sticker on the front.[/quote]

i saw a great games, great prices sticker on a bunch of games they people said were green tagged, but when they were scanned they came up to be original price.

does any one know MARIOPARTY E-reader??
its say card game and small box set.. i got 3 copies
each 1$... please let me know =) thanks!
and i also picked up r racing for gc 1.49 (it doest put greentag.. but casher is...ma friend ;; ) also i got kengo 1.49 he said 2 for 20$? but kengo doest wark 2 for 20$ then he give me 90% off price;; not joke = ) anywayz marioparty e-reader is that worth?

I picked up 3 different swimming pools for gifts (around $2-3 each). I also got a car adapter for the psone for $2 and 4 bike lock cables w/ keys for $.50 each (they can be used for a variety of things) There was some other stuff I didn't pick up, such as a ps2 surround sound speaker system for $2, tons of gameboy color and orginal advance accessories, different bike accessories, tons of 3rd party dreamcast controllers w/ rumble pack for $1.50, ps2 a/v cords, tons of dreamcast sports packs, and a lot of other random green tag stuff...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento'][quote name='chargeup45']For those saying that the green tag items didnt ring that way, did you make sure the transaction was totalled? All my items rang up as full until the TRU guy hit the total button.[/quote]

yeah, after talking to an employee all TRU ring it up that way, so when you see full price at first, don't freak. :shock:[/quote]

the games that are scanned that are on sale have the promo under the name right? so even if a game was on the list was scanned and didnt have a promo under it wouldve become 90% off?

[quote name='2poor'][quote name='RelentlessRolento'][quote name='chargeup45']For those saying that the green tag items didnt ring that way, did you make sure the transaction was totalled? All my items rang up as full until the TRU guy hit the total button.[/quote]

yeah, after talking to an employee all TRU ring it up that way, so when you see full price at first, don't freak. :shock:[/quote]

the games that are scanned that are on sale have the promo under the name right? so even if a game was on the list was scanned and didnt have a promo under it wouldve become 90% off?[/quote]

"Promo" shows up for the games that are green tagged but the games that are 2 for $20 right now will also have the "Promo" show up as well. If it doesn't say Promo, then it's nothing, it's just whatever the price says it is.

Like I said previously, if you're cashier knows what they're doing they'll price reference the items and then item info them.

[quote name='Zon27'][quote name='2poor'][quote name='RelentlessRolento'][quote name='chargeup45']For those saying that the green tag items didnt ring that way, did you make sure the transaction was totalled? All my items rang up as full until the TRU guy hit the total button.[/quote]

the games that are scanned that are on sale have the promo under the name right? so even if a game was on the list was scanned and didnt have a promo under it wouldve become 90% off?[/quote]

"Promo" shows up for the games that are green tagged but the games that are 2 for $20 right now will also have the "Promo" show up as well. If it doesn't say Promo, then it's nothing, it's just whatever the price says it is.

Like I said previously, if you're cashier knows what they're doing they'll price reference the items and then item info them.[/quote]

so it didnt nessecarily have to have the promo under it to be on sale?

[quote name='2poor'][quote name='Zon27'][quote name='2poor'][quote name='RelentlessRolento'][quote name='chargeup45']For those saying that the green tag items didnt ring that way, did you make sure the transaction was totalled? All my items rang up as full until the TRU guy hit the total button.[/quote]

Like I said previously, if you're cashier knows what they're doing they'll price reference the items and then item info them.[/quote]

so it didnt nessecarily have to have the promo under it to be on sale?[/quote]

It has to say promo for it to be green tagged, otherwise your SOL.

[quote name='Yeahman']Oh I forgot to ask, has anyone checked any of the other stores in the DFW area? It would help to know if it's worth heading out to another one tomorrow.

Nephets...

Jammer....

You out there? :wink:[/quote]

I went to the Town East one, mostly picked over by now.

Lots of R:Racing Evolution's and Mojo's though. :D

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Yeahman']Oh I forgot to ask, has anyone checked any of the other stores in the DFW area? It would help to know if it's worth heading out to another one tomorrow.

Nephets...

Jammer....

Lots of R:Racing Evolution's and Mojo's though. :D[/quote]

both those games werent even green tagged at my TRU. :cry:

Well, I finally gave in and visited a few TRUs today and picked up a few items -- there were some nice gems among the pack. I picked up the last ones in most cases.

I got:
1 3rd Party PS2 Controller $2
1 PSOne GameShark $2
1 Limited Edition Soul Caliber 2 Guide $2.50 (This one has the SC2 soundtrack -- nice!)
1 XBOX Backyard Wrestling $2
1 CUBE Wrestlemania X8 $2
1 DC NBA 2K2 $2
1 DC Tennis 2K2 $1
1 DC Carrier $2
1 PSX Final Fantasy Tactics $1.50

[quote name='2poor'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Yeahman']Oh I forgot to ask, has anyone checked any of the other stores in the DFW area? It would help to know if it's worth heading out to another one tomorrow.

Nephets...

Jammer....

both those games werent even green tagged at my TRU. :cry:[/quote]

The only R: Racing Evolution's that worked for me were the GCN ones, and only the Xbox Mojo worked for me. Which R:RE did you try?

yeah, there''s nothing else in vegas, i checked all the stores already. cheapest price was just 9.99. suckage.

[quote name='Fire'][quote name='ripoffer']I just called TRU and they said that they only have some PS1 games for 90% off, no GCN or PS2 games on 90% off. Should I still bother going to TRU or not?[/quote]

I hate to ask a question from a post from page 35 but which one did you call in Vegas?[/quote]

After looking through some of this thread it's surprising some of the stuff people have found. I would have thought stores would be cleaned out at %70.

Props to those who found some good stuff.

[quote name='ReggAe']does any one know MARIOPARTY E-reader??
and i also picked up r racing for gc 1.49 (it doest put greentag.. but casher is...ma friend ;; ) also i got kengo 1.49 he said 2 for 20$? but kengo doest wark 2 for 20$ then he give me 90% off price;; not joke = ) anywayz marioparty e-reader is that worth?[/quote]

wow that was a tough read.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='kazo']Intec Mobile Monitor for the playstation
got it for $29.99
[/quote]

If that's the PSOne monitor in the yellow casing, you got ripped, bro.. I picked up the exact same thing for $5 yesterday, it was marked $49.99.

Check the #'s on the receipt.. mine rang up as 804926062704[/quote]

doesn't bother me now, I made $65 bucks off of it from a friend :lol: kinda mean but hey $65 bucks in my pocket!

I kinda knew it wasn't on the green tag deal but I bought it brand new (last one).

[quote name='Zon27']No TRU I've been too in my adult life has the ticket system anymore. Some outdated places still have it but they are quite rare.
[/quote]

My store is particularly outdated. I remember when it opened, it was actually designed smaller than most Toys R Us. Most of the merchandise on the shelf is atleast two or three seasons old. Why its still open is beyond me. Its has to compete with two wal-marts, target, two ebgames, and two gamestops for toys/games sales. And the population of my town is about 100,000 and I live in the south so you can imagine how Sam Walton is viewed as a god.

[quote name='ReggAe']does any one know MARIOPARTY E-reader??
and i also picked up r racing for gc 1.49 (it doest put greentag.. but casher is...ma friend ;; ) also i got kengo 1.49 he said 2 for 20$? but kengo doest wark 2 for 20$ then he give me 90% off price;; not joke = ) anywayz marioparty e-reader is that worth?[/quote]

Uhhh... *looks around*

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='2poor'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Yeahman']Oh I forgot to ask, has anyone checked any of the other stores in the DFW area? It would help to know if it's worth heading out to another one tomorrow.

Nephets...

Jammer....

The only R: Racing Evolution's that worked for me were the GCN ones, and only the Xbox Mojo worked for me. Which R:RE did you try?[/quote]

i tried the ps2 r:re

[quote name='2poor'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='2poor'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Yeahman']Oh I forgot to ask, has anyone checked any of the other stores in the DFW area? It would help to know if it's worth heading out to another one tomorrow.

Nephets...

Jammer....

The only R: Racing Evolution's that worked for me were the GCN ones, and only the Xbox Mojo worked for me. Which R:RE did you try?[/quote]

i tried the ps2 r:re[/quote]

Ah, then there you go, I guess only the GCN one is on sale then. I tried True Crime on the PS2 and GCN, no luck.

Oh, and Benaorn, Siren for that price is a steal, I should have picked one up, I saw one there.

My pickups on Wednesday afternoon:

For the PS2:
Primal 4x
Black and Bruised 2x
Ejay Clubworld 2x
Mad Maestro 2x
Gladiator
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 8
Hard Hitter Tennis

For Xbox:
Gun Metal

For the DC:
Dead or Alive 2
Giga Wing 2x
Jet Grind Radio
Coaster Works
Bomber Online
Sega Bass Fishing
Dave Mirra BMX
Soul Fighter
Chu Chu Rocket
Sega Marine Fishing
Sega Tennis 2k2
Phantasy Star Online ver. 2
Samba de Amigo
Toy Story 2
Eighteen Wheeler
Alien Front Online
D-2
Unreal Tournament
Daytona USA
Conflict Zone
Nfl 2k1
Nba 2k1
World Series Baseball 2k1

Spent around $60 dollars and saved $530 at TRU.

oh... I GOTTA GOOOO!! TRU TOMORROW!!!

Everthing's already gone.. good luck.

[quote name='memi']all greentag 90% off???[/quote]

Good job, you can read.

ALERT!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody actually browse the rest of the store besides the Videogame section?

I'm interested to see what other items are green tagged.

Toys, some movies, someone found a bike marked $110 and got it for $10 ot $11.. I personally saw some X2 and ET figures green tagged.

JCNY - Nice finds on the DC games, lucky. Good to see I wasn't the only one who found Samba De Amigo!

[quote name='romeogbs19']Well, I finally gave in and visited a few TRUs today and picked up a few items -- there were some nice gems among the pack. I picked up the last ones in most cases.

I got:
1 3rd Party PS2 Controller $2
1 PSOne GameShark $2
1 Limited Edition Soul Caliber 2 Guide $2.50 (This one has the SC2 soundtrack -- nice!)
1 XBOX Backyard Wrestling $2
1 CUBE Wrestlemania X8 $2
1 DC NBA 2K2 $2
1 DC Tennis 2K2 $1
1 DC Carrier $2
1 PSX Final Fantasy Tactics $1.50[/quote]

The PSX Final Fantasy Tactics at my TRU was ringing up at normal price of 14.99. Strange..but I really didn't want one really since I already have one.

Oh I forgot to ask, has anyone checked any of the other stores in the DFW area? It would help to know if it's worth heading out to another one tomorrow.

i was out last night...

the hurst one (across from northeast mall) was down to just Universal Studios, some e-reader cards, and DC sports games.

the lewisville store (across from vista ridge mall) had a lot of pokemon snap and perfect dark, but not much else.

i think our area has been cleared out of anything decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back