Alien Anthology [Blu-ray] ONLY $47 shipped from Amazon UK

blockbusterdude

CAGiversary!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alien-Anthology-Blu-ray-Sigourney-Weaver/dp/B003AQBYUG/

6a013487ae8802970c0147e0a057a9970b-pi

The UK price is listed at £29.97 but when you put it in your shopping cart the price drops to £25.51

**Select... Standard (6-10 business days)

£25.51 + £3.08 (shipping) = £28.59

converted to US dollars = $46.88 shipped

BEST PRICE ANYWHERE!!!

----------------

6a013487ae8802970c0148c6a9ba5b970c-pi

Does anyone ordering from US actually get tracking info from Amazon UK? (think I might use more expensive options next time, if it's possible)

[quote name='shrike4242']If it doesn't arrive by end of the day on Monday, 01/03/11, I'm asking Amazon.co.uk to reship another copy of it.[/QUOTE]

Let's hope they're as good as regular Amazon about doing something like that.

[quote name='CENNY']Hey arcance93 (linkbear too, if you're reading, and anyone else who has experience with Amazon UK), just curious- any update on those Amazon UK packages?[/QUOTE]

Haven't gotten mine yet. I ordered it on 12/16, and it was shipped on 12/17. The delivery estimate is 1/5 to 1/12. So I'm not overly concerned yet.

Shipments from Amazon UK have gotten severely messed up by the weather and the holidays over there -- not Amazon's fault, but there's also nothing they can do about it. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, my girlfriend ordered a bunch of CDs on 11/24, and they were shipped the same day in two parcels, with an estimated delivery date of 12/16. The first parcel arrived on 12/2, but the second didn't arrive until 12/24, a full week after the estimated date. Apparently shipping from the UK is still a bit messed up -- I don't know if it's still weather problems, or residual issues from it getting so backed up before.

Honestly, if you ordered when this thread was posted in mid-December, I wouldn't be in a huge rush to ask them for a replacement. Give them a couple more weeks.

[quote name='CENNY']Does anyone ordering from US actually get tracking info from Amazon UK? (think I might use more expensive options next time, if it's possible)[/QUOTE]

Not through Royal Mail -> USPS shipping -- to the best of my knowledge, there's no tracking option available with that (the most you could get, if Amazon UK would do it at all, would be a Royal Mail tracking number, which would cease to be useful once the package was handed over to USPS). To get a useful tracking number, you would need to ship through some other service -- UPS, FedEx, etc. Not sure if Amazon UK offers those as an option or not, or what they use for their expedited shipping, as I've never tried it. It's a lot more expensive.

So has anyone actually gotten their Alien sets yet? I ordered mine on 12/16 and it's been in the US since 12/27, but has not yet arrived.

[quote name='TVsRobLowe']So has anyone actually gotten their Alien sets yet? I ordered mine on 12/16 and it's been in the US since 12/27, but has not yet arrived.[/QUOTE]May I ask how you know your set is in the US? If it went standard delivery, there's no tracking information.

Also, there was no mail delivery yesterday, so you can't count that as a day for mail to arrive. Plus, if it was coming through the East Coast once it made it to the US, there's been numerous delays due to the bad weather from the beginning of last week that they're just now trying to catch up on.

[quote name='shrike4242']Also, there was no mail delivery yesterday, so you can't count that as a day for mail to arrive. Plus, if it was coming through the East Coast once it made it to the US, there's been numerous delays due to the bad weather from the beginning of last week that they're just now trying to catch up on.[/QUOTE]

Also, keep in mind that this stuff has to go through customs, and they probably got backed up over the holidays as well. There are lots of reasons why international shipping might take a bit longer than usual right now, so really, everybody just calm down. You'll get your parcel eventually. If you were really in that big a hurry, you should have just gone to Target and bought a US copy.

[quote name='shrike4242']May I ask how you know your set is in the US? If it went standard delivery, there's no tracking information.

Also, there was no mail delivery yesterday, so you can't count that as a day for mail to arrive. Plus, if it was coming through the East Coast once it made it to the US, there's been numerous delays due to the bad weather from the beginning of last week that they're just now trying to catch up on.[/QUOTE]

On my order I was given a DHLGA tracking number. It tells me when it departed the UK (Croydon) and arrived in the US(Rutherford, NJ). Once it hits the US, it transfers over to USPS shipment, which I don't have a tracking number for. Estimated delivery was Dec 30.

I'm in no hurry to get it though, as long as it eventually gets here.

[quote name='arcane93']Also, keep in mind that this stuff has to go through customs, and they probably got backed up over the holidays as well. There are lots of reasons why international shipping might take a bit longer than usual right now, so really, everybody just calm down. You'll get your parcel eventually. If you were really in that big a hurry, you should have just gone to Target and bought a US copy.[/QUOTE]I know how the process works for international shipments to get here, though it's just a matter of getting such blanket responses that change every time I ask that question about where the item is at. Eventually, it'll have to show up or be considered lost, and that timeframe I ask the reps at Amazon.co.uk when it should be considered lost changes from day to day. Right now, they've said 30 days should be the timeframe that it's considered to be lost, and I'm about that timeframe.

[quote name='TVsRobLowe']On my order I was given a DHLGA tracking number. It tells me when it departed the UK (Croydon) and arrived in the US(Rutherford, NJ). Once it hits the US, it transfers over to USPS shipment, which I don't have a tracking number for. Estimated delivery was Dec 30.

I'm in no hurry to get it though, as long as it eventually gets here.[/QUOTE]I didn't have any tracking information on my shipments, both this current one and the previous ones I've ordered over the last few months. I'd expect that level of information from Expedited shipping pricing, though if that was from Standard shipping, I'm not so lucky.

[quote name='TVsRobLowe']So has anyone actually gotten their Alien sets yet? I ordered mine on 12/16 and it's been in the US since 12/27, but has not yet arrived.[/QUOTE] I have not received the Alien set or another title that a lot of people excitedly purchased and was shipped out around the exact same time, Battle Royale.

There's a lot of blame being thrown around, and I suspect it is to be attributable to the USPS. They completely messed up two domestic boxes I was expecting, with one still not received, two weeks overdue. I also have no tracking on the UK packages. It's not their fault on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shrike4242']I know how the process works for international shipments to get here[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wasn't so much talking to you as I was to people like the one you were responding to, who ordered in mid-December. Yours I would be starting to get a bit more concerned about, since you ordered so much earlier. Honestly, I'd probably give them this week yet, but I wouldn't fault you for going ahead and contacting them either. The only thing to be aware of is that in order to issue you a replacement or a refund, they will make you agree to ship back the first parcel if it arrives, which you'll probably end up having to do on your dime since they're not a US company (one of the big disadvantages of Amazon US and Amazon UK operating as separate business entities). That's what happened with my girlfriend's CD parcel, anyway, and rather than agree to that we decided to give it one more week (at which point it arrived). Of course, it's all on your conscience whether to send it back or not, since they have no way to determine whether you got it, but since they are so good about refunds and replacements, I didn't feel like it was right for us to screw them.

[quote name='TVsRobLowe']On my order I was given a DHLGA tracking number. It tells me when it departed the UK (Croydon) and arrived in the US(Rutherford, NJ). Once it hits the US, it transfers over to USPS shipment, which I don't have a tracking number for. Estimated delivery was Dec 30.[/QUOTE]

A few things --

First, mail has been significantly delayed in the UK through much of December, mostly by the weather, but also by the holiday. It normally wouldn't take from Dec. 16th to Dec. 27th for Royal Mail to get a parcel to the US, so there was already some delay in there.

Second, when their tracking says they handed it over to USPS, it actually means that they handed it over to US Customs (all it's really saying is that Dec. 27th is the point when Royal Mail no longer had it in their hands). Sometimes Customs is fast, sometimes they're . . . the opposite of fast. The first mail day after Christmas, they were probably still getting deluged with holiday parcels from the UK and other parts of Europe that had gotten delayed by the weather there.

Third, the 26th (into the 27th) was the day of that huge snowstorm in the northeast. Rutherford, NJ was right in the middle of that. They got somewhere on the order of 23 inches of snow. Things were pretty much shut down there for a couple of days. Then after that, Saturday was a holiday and there was no mail delivery. So there actually hasn't been all that much time since the 27th.

When Amazon gave that Dec. 30th estimate (if they did -- I find that suspect because I ordered at the same time, and my delivery estimate was 1/5 to 1/12, but then I also didn't get a tracking number so you apparently got different shipping than I did), they had no way of calculating in weather, as they had no idea what the weather was going to be. They also figured in an average time for customs, but likely did not calculate in extra for how backed up customs would be at this point. If you'd ordered in the middle of summer, it probably would have been a lot faster, and even gotten to you a week or two before the delivery estimate. This time of year, though, you have to expect it to take longer.

Edit: Just realized, you had a DHL tracking number rather than a Royal Mail tracking number. Same basic principle, though. Yours probably got shipped right at the window where Amazon decided that Royal Mail was too backed up and looked for other options. DHL must be faster within Europe, because a lot of European companies use them, but I've found them to be very slow in getting things to the US. Probably why they seriously scaled back their US operations -- they just couldn't compete here.

[quote name='vivafriend5']There's a lot of blame being thrown around, and I suspect it is to be to attributable to the USPS.[/QUOTE]

As has been noted, it's attributed to many different factors. Most of them are weather and holiday season related, not the fault of Amazon, Royal Mail, or USPS.

Last edited by a moderator:
mine still hasn't gotten here either but it has been confirmed shipped. I'm in no hurry to get it tho so I don't mind.

[quote name='TVsRobLowe']I received mine today. That was a lot faster than I was expecting.[/QUOTE]As you had your shipped on 12/16/10 and had it arrive today, with mine being MIA since 12/02/10, it's time to email Amazon.co.uk and ask them to reship my order.

Nothing yet, no Alien Anthology or Battle Royale. I'm waiting on an order from December thirteenth and a pre-order from mid-October on the items. I'm really freaked, because two of the three items I am waiting for have since gone out of stock and the Alien Anthology reverted in price. That's really bad, Shrike. Over a month in waiting, I'd definitely say something.

I'm in North Carolina, with one domestic package weeks overdue and the two Amazon.co.uk packages are soon to be overdue.

I'll share one other strange detail, just for the curious. I bought a Blu-Ray the fourteenth of December from Amazon.co.uk, after the two outstanding packages, and it got here the thirty-first. Bizarre to say the least...

[quote name='shrike4242']As you had your shipped on 12/16/10 and had it arrive today, with mine being MIA since 12/02/10, it's time to email Amazon.co.uk and ask them to reship my order.[/QUOTE]

Please let us know what response you get to your email.

I'm actually posting here not because I ordered the Alien Anthology set, but because this seems to be the place on CAG where people are discussing shipping anxiety related to Amazon UK. I ordered a bunch of UK comedy DVDs (not available here), they got sent out in three sections, one on 12/09, one on 12/10, and another on 12/11. The one sent on the 10th I got within a week here in CA, but as far as the others go I'm still waiting. Got about $70 worth of DVDs still out there somewhere. Expected delivery dates are wed/thurs, so I'm curious to know what happens when you guys email them about resending. I have used the company before, but this is the first time I've started to get worried about my DVDs. I guess I need to relax. Either way, I appreciate you guys' input.

[quote name='vivafriend5']Nothing yet, no Alien Anthology or Battle Royale. I'm waiting on an order from December thirteenth and a pre-order from mid-October on the items. I'm really freaked, because two of the three items I am waiting for have since gone out of stock and the Alien Anthology reverted in price. That's really bad, Shrike. Over a month in waiting, I'd definitely say something.

I'm in North Carolina, with one domestic package weeks overdue and the two Amazon.co.uk packages are soon to be overdue.

I'll share one other strange detail, just for the curious. I bought a Blu-Ray the fourteenth of December from Amazon.co.uk, after the two outstanding packages, and it got here the thirty-first. Bizarre to say the least...[/QUOTE]I told them that I'd wait it out until 01/03/11 before asking them to reship it, as they emailed me a week ago offering about refunding my money. I asked them not to do that and to make sure that they'd reship me a replacement. I emailed them earlier today and if I don't get anything back from them in 24 hours, I'll email them again, and keep doing so until they respond.

I thought that even with the local weather delays and the snowstorm issue on the East Coast that a month is more than enough time to wait it out. Especially now that there's a CAG who received their item already who ordered it two weeks after mine.

[quote name='CENNY']Please let us know what response you get to your email.

I'm actually posting here not because I ordered the Alien Anthology set, but because this seems to be the place on CAG where people are discussing shipping anxiety related to Amazon UK. I ordered a bunch of UK comedy DVDs (not available here), they got sent out in three sections, one on 12/09, one on 12/10, and another on 12/11. The one sent on the 10th I got within a week here in CA, but as far as the others go I'm still waiting. Got about $70 worth of DVDs still out there somewhere. Expected delivery dates are wed/thurs, so I'm curious to know what happens when you guys email them about resending. I have used the company before, but this is the first time I've started to get worried about my DVDs. I guess I need to relax. Either way, I appreciate you guys' input.[/QUOTE]I'll let you know what I hear back, though I plan to be persistent and firm with my responses if I don't hear anything from them in 24 hours.

[quote name='vivafriend5']Nothing yet, no Alien Anthology or Battle Royale. I'm waiting on an order from December thirteenth and a pre-order from mid-October on the items. [/QUOTE] Well, I just got my mail and the status remains the same. The other title, Battle Royale is now overdue by the estimate, which I pre-ordered hours after it came up for sale on the Amazon.co.uk website. :cry:

[quote name='CENNY']I'm actually posting here not because I ordered the Alien Anthology set, but because this seems to be the place on CAG where people are discussing shipping anxiety related to Amazon UK. I ordered a bunch of UK comedy DVDs (not available here), they got sent out in three sections, one on 12/09, one on 12/10, and another on 12/11. The one sent on the 10th I got within a week here in CA, but as far as the others go I'm still waiting. Got about $70 worth of DVDs still out there somewhere. Expected delivery dates are wed/thurs, so I'm curious to know what happens when you guys email them about resending. I have used the company before, but this is the first time I've started to get worried about my DVDs. I guess I need to relax. Either way, I appreciate you guys' input.[/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah, really, relax. :) It's Amazon -- a different business unit, but the same company, and the same basic customer service philosophy. I would honestly be shocked if they left you hanging if it came down to it.

I mean, really -- one time, I ordered a PS2 from Amazon (US). It was shipped with delivery confirmation and everything. Our idiot postman just dropped it on the doorstep without even ringing the bell (my girlfriend was even home at the time), and at some point between when he did that and when she went out to get the mail, someone apparently stole the parcel. The tracking information, of course, showed it as delivered, so I figured I was out of luck. I called Amazon though anyway, and they actually overnighted a replacement to me. From my experience, that's the way Amazon customer service works.

Like I've said a few times before in the thread, when my girlfriend ordered her CDs from Amazon UK, they were shipped in two parcels, both of which went out on the same day, November 24th. The first one arrived on December 2nd, the second didn't arrive until three weeks later (and a week after Amazon's estimated delivery date -- estimated delivery date is estimated, not actual or guaranteed), on December 24th. Why the difference? Only Royal Mail, US Customs, and/or USPS knows. Something screwy is going on at one or more of those entities, but it's nothing that you, I, or Amazon have any control over.

It's highly unlikely that parcels are disappearing en masse, and so far we only have one report of someone receiving theirs (and that person, it seems, had a different shipping method than the rest of us), which means that the majority of them are still out there. Personally, I'm not going to worry unless it reaches the point that the majority of people who ordered are reporting having received their parcels and I still haven't gotten mine.

Amazon.co.uk replied back this morning about my inquiry:

[quote name='From Amazon.co.uk email']Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk and for bringing this to our attention.

I apologise for the delay in responding to your e-mail message. Please be assured that all of us here are working very hard to provide a thorough, personal reply to each of our customers as quickly as possible.

It does appear that something may have gone awry with the delivery of your order #(original order) the package should have reached you by now. Please accept our sincere apologies.

I have now placed a new order #(new order) for the same item to be sent to the same delivery address:

(delivery address)

Please note that within 15 workings days of this free replacement, you will receive an e-mail asking whether the original order was received to date. A response to this e-mail is required and we reserve the right to charge your original payment method or claim for payment for the above order if a response is not received within 14 days of the dispatch of the e-mail.

Your response is required for audit purposes with Royal Mail so that Amazon can claim the cost of the order for non-arrival. It is a requirement from Royal Mail that the recipient of the parcel confirms whether the original order was received.

We will post it to you as soon as possible at no additional charge.

If you would prefer to cancel the replacement order and receive a refund instead, let us know by going to the URL below:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/contact-us/returns-and-refunds.html

To view the estimated delivery date of your order, please visit Your Account from our home page:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account

Under "Orders" click the "Your Orders" button, and sign in with your e-mail address and password. You will then be able to view a delivery estimate below the heading "Items Not Yet Dispatched". Simply click on the name of the item below the delivery estimate to view the current availability time.

If you need to contact us again about your orders, please visit the following link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html

I've also included some more information below in case you have further questions:

WHAT IF I GET TWO PACKAGES?

-- If the original package should arrive, before the replacement has been dispatched, please cancel your replacement order via the "Cancel items or orders" link under the "Where's My Stuff" section of Your Account.

If the original package should arrive afterwards, please refuse delivery of the parcel so it is returned to us by the carrier. If you have already taken delivery of the item we ask that you return it to us. Please visit our Returns Support Centre to be guided through our full policy and to obtain a printable personalised return label:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/css/returns/homepage.html

If you are returning the replacement because the original has arrived please select "Item was not received by estimated delivery date" from the drop down list as a reason for return. Choose "refund" from the next page and write in the comments field "replacement not needed, original arrived". We appreciate your co-operation with this.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk.

Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/rsvp-y?c=varedvuc3285919150

If no, please click here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/rsvp-n?c=varedvuc3285919150&q=ukff

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.
To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our website.

Warmest regards,

Shalini S.
Amazon.co.uk
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.

---- Original message: ----

---------------
01/04/11 23:59:37
Your name:(name)
Order No: (original order)
ITEMS:
Alien Anthology [Blu-ray]
Comments:This item still has not arrived, and has been a full month's time from dispatch without receipt. I know of other Amazon.co.uk customers in the US that had their item dispatched well after my order and they have received them. I wish to have a replacement item shipped out as soon as possible, as I consider this item to be lost in shipment and will never arrive.
---------------
[/quote]

See the bolded section about replying back to their email about the original item not arriving and that you have to reply back to them or they'll bill the card on file for the replacement item.

Hopefully in a couple of weeks I should have my replacement item.

[quote name='arcane93']Heh, yeah, really, relax. :) It's Amazon -- a different business unit, but the same company, and the same basic customer service philosophy. I would honestly be shocked if they left you hanging if it came down to it.

I mean, really -- one time, I ordered a PS2 from Amazon (US). It was shipped with delivery confirmation and everything. Our idiot postman just dropped it on the doorstep without even ringing the bell (my girlfriend was even home at the time), and at some point between when he did that and when she went out to get the mail, someone apparently stole the parcel. The tracking information, of course, showed it as delivered, so I figured I was out of luck. I called Amazon though anyway, and they actually overnighted a replacement to me. From my experience, that's the way Amazon customer service works.

Like I've said a few times before in the thread, when my girlfriend ordered her CDs from Amazon UK, they were shipped in two parcels, both of which went out on the same day, November 24th. The first one arrived on December 2nd, the second didn't arrive until three weeks later (and a week after Amazon's estimated delivery date -- estimated delivery date is estimated, not actual or guaranteed), on December 24th. Why the difference? Only Royal Mail, US Customs, and/or USPS knows. Something screwy is going on at one or more of those entities, but it's nothing that you, I, or Amazon have any control over.

It's highly unlikely that parcels are disappearing en masse, and so far we only have one report of someone receiving theirs (and that person, it seems, had a different shipping method than the rest of us), which means that the majority of them are still out there. Personally, I'm not going to worry unless it reaches the point that the majority of people who ordered are reporting having received their parcels and I still haven't gotten mine.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, you're right of course.

But with me, I can't help but feel a little extra concerned because around here there have been cases of peoples delivered stuff going missing from in front of other apts. Plus the other day I got a Christmas card that wasn't sealed and looked like it had been opened by someone looking for valuables.

Plus I was away for several days over the holiday period, so my question is if any of the stuff I am waiting for got "lost" (i.e. maybe the missing DVDs aren't because of Christmas/the weather/whatever else)

And thanks for posting that, shrike.

[quote name='CENNY']Thanks, you're right of course.

But with me, I can't help but feel a little extra concerned because around here there have been cases of peoples delivered stuff going missing from in front of other apts. Plus the other day I got a Christmas card that wasn't sealed and looked like it had been opened by someone looking for valuables.

Plus I was away for several days over the holiday period, so my question is if any of the stuff I am waiting for got "lost" (i.e. maybe the missing DVDs aren't because of Christmas/the weather/whatever else)[/QUOTE]

Ugh, yeah, if you live somewhere that things get stolen regularly, that does add a lot of concern. Not that living in a good area even necessarily means anything -- my girlfriend lives in a really good neighborhood, and the PS2 went missing anyway. We actually think it was some landscapers that were working across the street who took it (it's a fairly secluded neighborhood, and it's highly unlikely that any of the immediate neighbors would have touched it), but of course we could never prove anything.

After the PS2 incident, I started having all parcels delivered to me at work. That way they're actually received by somebody instead of just being left sitting somewhere, and they're usually handed directly to me by the person that receives them (or put in my office mailbox right down the hall). I hate putting the extra hassle on the people who receive the office mail, but they haven't complained (even during the deluge that was my Amazon Black Friday orders :D) and I haven't lost a package since. If you work somewhere that would allow it, you might want to consider doing that.

Well, my shipping estimate stated today was the day of delivery. The Alien Anthology is officially overdue, as well as Battle Royale.

My due date was 12/30 and I received it on the 4th.
It is such a great price on an awesome set, I'll deal with the long ship time.
~$40 for something that Target sells for like $120.

[quote name='Zimmy']My due date was 12/30 and I received it on the 4th.
[/QUOTE] If I may ask, when did you order? Did you have DHL as your shipper?

My order was placed the thirteenth of December by Royal Mail. Many people from the ordering period have nothing to show for it.

Ordered on 12/16.
Shipped via DHL Global Mail, then turned over to USPS.
When I tried tracking it, it stayed in the UK (Croyton, I think) past the due date (12/30).
Landed in NJ, then in Orlando (I'm in Tampa, FL area)

[quote name='Zimmy']Ordered on 12/16.
Shipped via DHL Global Mail, then turned over to USPS.
When I tried tracking it, it stayed in the UK (Croyton, I think) past the due date (12/30).
Landed in NJ, then in Orlando (I'm in Tampa, FL area)[/QUOTE] Thank you for responding. The DHL shipped packages have been getting there, but the Royal Mail have not, for whatever reason.

It's interesting to know, because everyday it seems like the Royal Mail or the United States Postal Service is at fault, but without tracking, no one can really know.

The postal service lost a Best Buy package that was due for Christmas eve, so I know where my vote resides.

Well I haven't said anything before now, but I may as well join the group. I ordered mine on the 17th of December and it was supposed to arrive the 3rd but haven't seen it yet. Will update if it do.

[quote name='bmachine']Ordered mine on 12/15 and it just arrived today. Completely worth the wait.[/QUOTE]

that's good to hear...gives me some hope as I too ordered on the 15th...hopefully mine will appear tomorrow or saturday...

Well, the Alien Anthology is officially overdue by a day. I've sent an e-mail to customer service, just to hear if they have anything to say, besides wait.

my Alien set came in today!!! Mine shipped on the 16th for reference...Awesome set, can't wait to watch it!!!

Well still waiting on mine. Estimated arrival was today 1/10, ordered on 12/15.

I also never received the Band of Brothers blu-ray set I ordered from Amazon UK on the same day. For some reason that had an estimated arrival of 12/29.

In my "please ship me a new one email" for Band of Brothers, the CSR didn't put any requirement of later coming back and saying I never received the first. They said not to even return it all if it ends up arriving--the shipping costs would be too much, and I should just donate it to a local charity. Almost feel bad, but I would like the things I paid for.

Hrm . . . my expected delivery date was today, and nothing. I'll probably give them until this coming Monday, which will be a full month since it was shipped, before contacting them. But damn -- over two weeks since the holiday, you'd think that Royal Mail and/or USPS (whoever is at fault) would have their act together by now.

This is distressing to me mostly because there's other stuff that I want to order, but I'm hesitant to do so if there are going to be so many problems with shipping.

I ordered on the 15th and my package never showed. I emailed them yesterday and they're sending out a new package.

I know they had massive delays due to weather. My Battle Royale set that shipped from Amazon UK on 12/11 just finally got here yesterday. Hopefully stuff starts getting delivered to everyone soon. I'm bummed I missed out on this deal.

[quote name='arcane93']This is distressing to me mostly because there's other stuff that I want to order, but I'm hesitant to do so if there are going to be so many problems with shipping.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wanted to order some other things from them too but this wait has really put me off.

Still haven't got two items from Amazon UK that shipped between 12/9 and 12/11, estimated delivery dates already passed by. Trying to be patient. Will wait a few more days before emailing them.

Monday was my original due date, guess I'll give them until the end of the week before I send an email. Not too worried about it based on the anecdotes in this thread and Amazon being Amazon. Good thing I take forever to watch my movies anyway. :p

Well, I just had my copy show up in the mail today.

Odd thing is that it was the original one shipped on 12/01/10. :shock:

Guess I'll have to let them know about the second set when it shows up in the mail over the next week or so. They said that they'd provide a shipping label to send it back, so we'll see how that works out.

I don't know if anyone can help me with this, but I asked for a refund and they gave it to me AFTER they sent out the replacement, but told me if the replacement comes to just print out their label and send it back. So if the original ever comes, do I send that back also or just keep it?

Mine was supposed top arrive a week ago then told me to wait until the 14th. If it doesn't come tomorrow hopefully they will send another one off.

bread's done
Back