Alien Anthology [Blu-ray] ONLY $47 shipped from Amazon UK

blockbusterdude

CAGiversary!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alien-Anthology-Blu-ray-Sigourney-Weaver/dp/B003AQBYUG/

6a013487ae8802970c0147e0a057a9970b-pi

The UK price is listed at £29.97 but when you put it in your shopping cart the price drops to £25.51

**Select... Standard (6-10 business days)

£25.51 + £3.08 (shipping) = £28.59

converted to US dollars = $46.88 shipped

BEST PRICE ANYWHERE!!!

----------------

6a013487ae8802970c0148c6a9ba5b970c-pi

Sent an email off last night about the two items I'm still waiting on, got an apology email back from customer service, and was told to wait until the close of business on the last day of the "Free Replacement" period for the two DVDs (that day happens to be today, the 14th) and then email them via the link if I still haven't got the two DVDs.

What's odd is that I got a second email from customer service shortly after (even though I have only emailed them one time about this issue so far), apologizing again, and they said they would refund my entire shipping cost for the whole order for my inconvenience. So yay, I guess. That happen to anyone else?

Contacted Amazon.co.uk and they admitted there was likely a problem with shipping. They've shipped a second via a different carrier. I don't think I'll be doing this again...

[quote name='chrisnsally']Contacted Amazon.co.uk and they admitted there was likely a problem with shipping. They've shipped a second via a different carrier. I don't think I'll be doing this again...[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, I've been ordering from Amazon UK for years, and this is the first time that I've ever encountered something like this. Somehow the confluence of the bad weather and the holidays, piled on top of the regular level of incompetence found in the postal services for one or both countries, has really made a mess of things right now. Still, at another time, without those circumstances, I wouldn't be hesitant to order again.

Haha, and just to add more insult to injury . . . My girlfriend ordered another bunch of CDs from Amazon UK on Monday. They shipped them in about five different parcels (seriously, wtf Amazon, how is that even vaguely cost effective?) . . . and the first one arrived today. Less than a week. I'd be a whole lot more pissed if the CD that came wasn't one of the ones that I had her throw on the order for me. :lol:

Seriously, I'm starting to wonder if Royal Mail just dropped a whole bunch of parcels in a warehouse while the weather was so bad over there last month and then forgot about them entirely.

Well, tomorrow will mark my month-long wait's end from the initial shipment. I'm worried, because in that time, I had a domestic package lost by the postal service, and then Battle Royale came four weeks after shipment. :bomb:

[quote name='vivafriend5']Well, tomorrow will mark my month-long wait's end from the initial shipment. I'm worried, because in that time, I had a domestic package lost by the postal service, and then Battle Royale came four weeks after shipment. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I'm not too worried yet, since most of the people who ordered when this came up haven't gotten their order yet. Statistically, it's highly unlikely that everyone's packages got lost. If I still haven't gotten it once the majority have reported receiving theirs, then I'll be concerned. Right now, it's still just annoying, but not really a problem.

Just to throw another out here, mine was dispatched on 12/20. Estimated delivery date was 1/12 and I still have not received it yet. I think I'll give it another week, about a full month after the dispatch date before sending them an email.

On another note, I have something incoming from Hong Kong shipped on 12/29 and I have yet to receive that either.

One of my two outstanding DVDs finally arrived today (sent 12/09/10), just a few hours after I emailed them asking them to tell me what to do about my two missing items. Awesome timing! I hope they haven't sent a replacement of the one I did get, if so, then I will have to send one of them back (do they cover return shipping if you end up with one original order and one resend?)

As far as the original order goes, now I'm just waiting for one other item to hopefully turn up soon.

Hrm . . . Well, I contacted Amazon on Friday, and they asked me to wait until the "close of" the 19th. Today's the 19th. Anyone want to place any bets? ;)

Anyone else gotten theirs yet?

Oh, yeah, and those CDs my girlfriend ordered last week? The parcels have been steadily rolling in -- two more yesterday. Apparently whatever was backing things up has been solved, so you've gotta wonder what has happened to the things were held up before.

Edit: Ok, the mail truck has been here and gone for the day, and nothing. Guess it's time to ask them to send a replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have received 2/4 (2/5 if you count replacement Band of Brothers) of the things I ordered from Amazon UK in the middle of December. Alien Anthology is not among those received. I finally contacted CS about it today.

I emailed customer service again and should be getting a refund in 2-3 business days. This is the second time that I've had an Amazon order lost during shipping.

[quote name='fakero']I emailed customer service again and should be getting a refund in 2-3 business days. This is the second time that I've had an Amazon order lost during shipping.[/QUOTE]

You went for a refund rather than a replacement?

They told me that they'd send a replacement out -- scheduled shipping date is tomorrow. Now that we're past all of the holiday season issues, I expect I'll have it within the next week or so.

[quote name='grendel19']I've just sent an email as well. Dispatch date was 12/20 and I still have not received it as of today 1/19.[/QUOTE]

Mine was dispatched on Dec. 17th and they asked me to wait until today, so they may end up asking you to wait a few more days for it.

Wow, so many problems.. I just got refunded my order too for "undeliverable" mail... After 2 e-mails they told me to place the order again (at the more expensive price), then e-mail them AGAIN to have them refund the difference... A lot sketchier than just resending it out to me again, but whatever.

[quote name='arcane93']Mine was dispatched on Dec. 17th and they asked me to wait until today, so they may end up asking you to wait a few more days for it.[/QUOTE]

me too, i plan on sending another email tonight or tomorrow.

[quote name='mystikal1000']Quit worrying, it does take a while to get it... I never had a problem with Amazon before.[/QUOTE]

Sure, "a while" is fine, but over a month (actually five full weeks now for me since mine was shipped) is excessive by any measure. And I don't think anyone is blaming Amazon -- I'm sure that they really did ship when they said they did. But something somewhere along the shipping process has gotten seriously messed up. There's no other explanation for it taking this long.

I'd even be willing to cut the shipping more slack if we were still coming off of the holiday season and the bad weather. Hell, I was one of the biggest advocates for patience here while all of that was going on. But the holiday season ended weeks ago, the bad weather that was slowing things down in the UK was a month ago, and still these are nowhere to be seen. There's just no excuse for it at this point.

I'm not worried, because it's Amazon. They've already shipped out a replacement for me. But I'd still sure like to know what happened to that first parcel, and everyone else's parcels.

Monday will be two weeks after my estimated arrival deadline, so I'll probably email them if I haven't received it yet. Don't wanna bother with return shipping if I don't have to so I'm okay with sitting on my hands for a bit.

Speaking of return shipping . . .

[quote name='shrike4242']They said that they'd provide a shipping label to send it back, so we'll see how that works out.[/QUOTE]

Hey Shrike, what ever happened with this? Were they able to provide a shipping label that worked for international shipping? I'm a bit skeptical about whether they're even really able to do this. If my first one does ever actually show up, I'll be happy to send it back to them if they can provide a label, but I'm not paying the international shipping for it myself.

well just received mine. dispatched dec 17th , asked me to wait until jan 19th, got it today. i was quite surprised.

[quote name='arcane93']Speaking of return shipping . . .

Hey Shrike, what ever happened with this? Were they able to provide a shipping label that worked for international shipping? I'm a bit skeptical about whether they're even really able to do this. If my first one does ever actually show up, I'll be happy to send it back to them if they can provide a label, but I'm not paying the international shipping for it myself.[/QUOTE]They've made no offer of a return label, which I find a little irritating when they said earlier they would.

They're instructing me to either refuse the item when it arrives, or ship it back to them and they'll refund me the money spent on the return shipment.

I've sent multiple emails to them about it, and the above situation has been their most recent response to my emails.

Issue is, I don't know if I can go to a local USPS office and say "I am refusing this for delivery, please return it to the sender", since I'd wager that the item being shipped internationally doesn't have return postage figured into the mix as an option if it shows up and is refused.

I can only wonder return shipping costs for the item back to Amazon UK, not to mention if the package goes MIA in the meantime on the way back to them. With the timeframe it's taken for the package to show up here, I can only wonder how long it would be before I'd see my return shipping refund. Plus, I think the only type of international postal mail with tracking is Global Express Mail, which is a tad bit expensive.

Curious what you plan on doing, shrike. Did you try and see if you could print a return shipping label from their "return center" or whatever it's called? In their email to me about my resend order, I think they said to go to a certain link, then put in a reason for returning the resend (if the original showed up of course), and then print a label from that section of the site.

I am still waiting on a resend for my order of two items, for one of those items the original finally turned up only after I emailed them (telling them I was still waiting, so they automatically resent the order), so I'm thinking I'm going to end up with duplicates of at least one of the items, so I'll need to send them something back.

Also, if you do send something back to them and they promised to refund the shipping cost to you, how will you prove how much you paid for shipping to them?

[quote name='shrike4242']They've made no offer of a return label, which I find a little irritating when they said earlier they would.

They're instructing me to either refuse the item when it arrives, or ship it back to them and they'll refund me the money spent on the return shipment.

I've sent multiple emails to them about it, and the above situation has been their most recent response to my emails.

Issue is, I don't know if I can go to a local USPS office and say "I am refusing this for delivery, please return it to the sender", since I'd wager that the item being shipped internationally doesn't have return postage figured into the mix as an option if it shows up and is refused.

I can only wonder return shipping costs for the item back to Amazon UK, not to mention if the package goes MIA in the meantime on the way back to them. With the timeframe it's taken for the package to show up here, I can only wonder how long it would be before I'd see my return shipping refund. Plus, I think the only type of international postal mail with tracking is Global Express Mail, which is a tad bit expensive.[/QUOTE]

Hrm, yeah... (and this is if I ever actually get the first one at any point -- today was officially five full weeks since it was shipped, and it still isn't here yet)... I hate to say it, but if they can't provide me with some kind of pre-paid return shipping, then they're not getting it back. I'll feel a little bad about it, but my whole point in ordering from them was that their price was cheaper than buying a US copy. If I have to make a $10-15 investment in shipping to return it to them (which is what I imagine it costing), that completely ruins it. And while it's nice for them to say that they'll refund the shipping when they get it, that's relying on a whole lot of variables (i.e., them actually getting it, them registering in their system that the refund needs to be made when it arrives, it being processed correctly, etc.) and tying up my money in the meantime.

I'm concerned as well, that if I refuse an international package, that I will be donating it to the local post office, forever. I don't think the foreign customer service representatives noted the part where a lot of the missing orders were international, and not bound by a simple return to sender.

Forty days since shipment.

[quote name='vivafriend5']I'm concerned as well, that if I refuse an international package, that I will be donating it to the local post office, forever. I don't think the foreign customer service representatives noted the part where a lot of the missing orders were international, and not bound by a simple return to sender.[/QUOTE]

Yeah . . . I don't mean for this to sound like anything against South Asians at all (my girlfriend is South Asian), but with the customer service representatives that I dealt with all having names like "Laxmidevi" and "Praveen", I have a distinct feeling that they weren't even in the UK to be able to fully understand the difference or why it might be significant (hence, perhaps, the initial promises of a return label and talk of refusing the parcel, even if those aren't possible -- makes me nervous about anything else they might suggest as well).

(And this is the point where my girlfriend would remind me that there's a significant South Asian population in the UK, but this is also the sort of job that tends to get outsourced . . . )

Has anyone actually tried to print a return label to send a duplicate resend back to the UK yet? Maybe it will work even for shipping back to them from outside the UK... (I haven't tried myself, only because right now I don't have any duplicates)

[quote name='CENNY']Has anyone actually tried to print a return label to send a duplicate resend back to the UK yet? Maybe it will work even for shipping back to them from outside the UK... (I haven't tried myself, only because right now I don't have any duplicates)[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten either copy yet, let alone two, so I haven't tried. I believe, though, that you can only print out a pre-paid return label when customer service issues one to you. So until and unless they make the offer, you can't even try. Regardless, given that we're dealing with an entirely different postal system from theirs, it's doubtful that it would work.

[quote name='CENNY']Has anyone actually tried to print a return label to send a duplicate resend back to the UK yet? Maybe it will work even for shipping back to them from outside the UK... (I haven't tried myself, only because right now I don't have any duplicates)[/QUOTE]I started through the process to do so, and the only option available for the return label was self-funded, which is where I stopped and emailed Amazon UK about it.

This was their last email to me:
[quote name='Amazon.co.uk email response']
Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

It is very important to us that you receive your order and we are very pleased to hear that your original order #XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXX has now arrived. We hope you enjoy your order.

Unfortunately, we are unable to cancel the replacement order as it has already been dispatched from our Fulfilment Centre.

Please refuse delivery of the parcel so it is returned to us by the carrier.

If you have already taken delivery of the item we ask that you return it to us.

Please visit our Returns Support Center to be guided through our full policy and to obtain a printable personalised return label:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/returns-support

If you are returning the replacement because the original has arrived please select "Item was not received by estimated delivery date" from the drop down list as a reason for return. Choose "refund" from the next page and write in the comments field "replacement not needed, original arrived." We appreciate your co-operation with this.

For your protection, we recommend that you use a recorded-delivery service if the value of the item(s) is more than 50 GBP. To track your recorded item, please use your carrier's online tracking service. Please enclose the personalised return label from the Return Support Centre in the carton, wrap the package securely and post it to us.

This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=1161020 [/quote]

My email to them:
[quote name='Email to Amazon.co.uk']
The original item for this order arrived today via US Postal Mail. A replacement order, Order # XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXX, was set up and dispatched a day after the order was placed. The replacement item is still en-route and has not arrived yet. When I tried to set up the return of the replacement item, following the steps from the email I received, the only option was a self-funded return of the item. I had been told that if the original item had arrived, the replacement item would be sent back at no cost to me. Please indicate how I should proceed with the return of the replacement item en-route at this time.[/quote]

[quote name='shrike4242']I started through the process to do so, and the only option available for the return label was self-funded, which is where I stopped and emailed Amazon UK about it.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, yeah, if they're going to make it too much work and possible expense for me to return it, then I'm not going to bother to do so. I'll feel bad about it, as it was certainly never my intention to get two copies out of them, but I'm not dealing with all of that hassle.

(Of course, this all depends on two copies actually arriving, which hasn't happened yet. I suppose that I shouldn't even be worrying about it until it does.)

not aliens... but I just received my steelbook for scott pilgrim vs the world today...

it shipped on dec 23rd and the delivery estimate was the 19th of jan so 3 days late. was going to email them on monday so saved me some hassle.

the odd thing was it was shipped in a very thin cardboard box/envelope that just fits a bluray and luckily even after all the time in shipping it was in mint condition.

[quote name='eastx']Afflicted, is Scott Pilgrim region free? Is the disc the same as the US disc features-wise?[/QUOTE]

the movie is region free. I just took the time to make sure it worked. haven't compared special features or checked them for PAL tho.

I will say that it's a 2 disc steelbook with bluray and dvd. and the disc holder is one I've never seen before (maybe more common in uk)

My Aliens package took approx 40 days to get to my place, but I did get it. You all need to quit worrying =P. You took a risk buying from UK Amazon. You'll get your package, it just will take time. You can't have your cake and eat it too =P

[quote name='Darknuke']My Aliens package took approx 40 days to get to my place, but I did get it. You all need to quit worrying =P. You took a risk buying from UK Amazon. You'll get your package, it just will take time. You can't have your cake and eat it too =P[/QUOTE]

I've been ordering from UK companies -- Amazon and numerous others -- for years now, and I can't think of a single time in the past when it has taken 40 days for a parcel to arrive from the date that it was shipped (now, on occasion when companies have been slow to actually ship the order out it has taken that long, but if Amazon says that they shipped on Dec. 16th, then they shipped on Dec. 16th). In fact, I've often gotten parcels from the UK in less than a week. This kind of delay is not an expected (or acceptable) risk.

As I said, I'm not worried about this one, as I know that Amazon has me covered. I am a little concerned, though, as I hope that it's not a developing trend in international shipping that I can expect to see when placing future UK (Amazon and otherwise) orders.

[quote name='Darknuke']My Aliens package took approx 40 days to get to my place, but I did get it. You all need to quit worrying =P. You took a risk buying from UK Amazon. You'll get your package, it just will take time. You can't have your cake and eat it too =P[/QUOTE]Since I placed two previous orders with Amazon.co.uk within a few months of placing my Aliens set order and those sets arrived in 7-10 days, which is under non-holiday, non-weather situations. I expected 2x that timeframe during the holidays and when bad weather is figured into the mix, the extra 3 days they were quoting into their domestic delivery timeframes.

30-40 days is another thing entirely, especially when other people who ordered from them had some semblance of tracking information and I had none, so I had no idea what was up with it.

Amazon UK themselves said it was far longer than it should have, so saying that we should quit worrying isn't really your call.

Shipping items internationally with some getting tracking and some without tracking makes no sense, so that alone is a bit odd.

[quote name='Darknuke']My Aliens package took approx 40 days to get to my place, but I did get it. You all need to quit worrying =P. You took a risk buying from UK Amazon. You'll get your package, it just will take time. You can't have your cake and eat it too =P[/QUOTE]

I think the worry is more about trying to figure out if the package is lost and whether or not to ask for a replacement to be sent than that amazon is going to screw people over...

I for one wouldn't want to request a second copy and have to figure out how to ship it back... not to mention that what I had ordered is now OOP/OOS so they couldn't have replaced if it got lost/damaged.

^I'm seriously considering buying that... I know it's horrible and I'd probably only watch it once, but it's limited to 30,000... I have to grab it.

Update on my Amazon UK shipping, if anyone is still interested: Of my original order of 3 items from early December, one item I got within 10 days, another I finally got just over a week ago, and as for the last item, today I got an email saying it was returned as "undeliverable". I know the address was correct, I checked it, and besides the other items from the same order got here fine (eventually!). So I have no idea what's going on there.

But they already sent a replacement before I knew about it being undelivered (from a while ago, after I complained about not receiving it) so we'll see if that resend turns up. The saga continues...

bread's done
Back