Alien Anthology [Blu-ray] ONLY $47 shipped from Amazon UK

blockbusterdude

CAGiversary!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alien-Anthology-Blu-ray-Sigourney-Weaver/dp/B003AQBYUG/

6a013487ae8802970c0147e0a057a9970b-pi

The UK price is listed at £29.97 but when you put it in your shopping cart the price drops to £25.51

**Select... Standard (6-10 business days)

£25.51 + £3.08 (shipping) = £28.59

converted to US dollars = $46.88 shipped

BEST PRICE ANYWHERE!!!

----------------

6a013487ae8802970c0148c6a9ba5b970c-pi

Wow, thanks for the link. I'm so all over Alien 2. Bad movie on blu-ray + limited quantities = must buy! I wonder if it's worth pre-ordering. $26.99 on Amazon right now...

[quote name='CENNY']Update on my Amazon UK shipping, if anyone is still interested: Of my original order of 3 items from early December, one item I got within 10 days, another I finally got just over a week ago[/QUOTE] Funny, I'm in the same situation, with an undelivered Alien Anthology being number three. I have seen nothing of it, even though I got two previously ordered blu-rays in previous weeks. One in two weeks, one in five, and one in... whenever.

[quote name='DestroVega']^I'm seriously considering buying that... I know it's horrible and I'd probably only watch it once[/QUOTE] Well, I can say one thing. It will be the best Alien film in my collection if I buy it. The only one at the rate Royal Mail is going...

[quote name='eastx']I got mine yesterday! Ordered on December 15.[/QUOTE]Placed my order on Dec. 15 as well... maybe I'll have a nice surprise waiting for me at home.

Thinking about ordering.. Question for those who already ordered, did you guys use amazon's converter? I notice the exchange rate is currently lower than if you use amazon's currency converter.

[quote name='Demon Soul']Thinking about ordering.. Question for those who already ordered, did you guys use amazon's converter? I notice the exchange rate is currently lower than if you use amazon's currency converter.[/QUOTE]

Amazon's currency converter exchange rate is usually slightly higher than the rate that you'll see on xe.com or wherever, but you have to keep in mind that just about any currency exchange is going to involve fees. All Amazon is doing is building their fees into the amount. If you let your credit card do the exchange, you don't know what rate they'll actually use (even if you call them and ask for their current rate, it could well change by the time Amazon charges your order) and they more than likely will tack an exchange fee on top of it (I don't think any card I've ever used hasn't put a currency exchange fee as a separate line item on my statement when I've done an international order that has involved a charge in a foreign currency). The way I look at it, if I use Amazon's converter, I may come out a little ahead or I may come out a little behind (and it really could go either way, depending on how the currency fluctuates), but at least I know exactly what I'll be paying.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Aaaaahhaha just got it! 45 days, sucka![/QUOTE]

Congratulations! Didn't want to leave you too far behind. :)

Hmmm, odd that so many are taking so long to receive theirs...

I live in California and all my previous amazon UK purchases were delivered within reasonable time.

I order the Alien Anthology on Jan 27th and it was dispatched on the 28th and I have it on my desk today after getting back from a business trip so I don't know the specific date it was delivered but it was delivered from UK to Los Angeles CA in less than 9 days with normal shipping. I guess US Customs don't like you guys :)

alien_anthology_delivery.jpg

[quote name='wasabi5858']Hmmm, odd that so many are taking so long to receive theirs...

I live in California and all my previous amazon UK purchases were delivered within reasonable time.

I order the Alien Anthology on Jan 27th and it was dispatched on the 28th and I have it on my desk today after getting back from a business trip so I don't know the specific date it was delivered but it was delivered from UK to Los Angeles CA in less than 9 days with normal shipping. I guess US Customs don't like you guys :)
[/QUOTE]

Maybe you just got lucky. I live in LA too, and my copy ordered on 12/15 got here 2/1.

Ordered mine Dec 26th...received it yesterday. That was AFTER I had them admit the first one was 'lost' in shipping. Really never going to order from Amazon.uk again...(who am I kidding???, if it's cheap enough, of course I will!!!)

[quote name='chrisnsally']Ordered mine Dec 26th...received it yesterday. That was AFTER I had them admit the first one was 'lost' in shipping. Really never going to order from Amazon.uk again...(who am I kidding???, if it's cheap enough, of course I will!!!)[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind, it's not Amazon's fault. They shipped when they said they did, and after that it was out of their hands (for that matter, they didn't have to replace your lost one -- it was very nice of them to do so, but almost all companies have disclaimers that if items get lost in shipping, it's not their problem, and many wouldn't offer a replacement). Not saying that you should be happy with the way it all went down, of course, but give credit where credit is due. If you're going to declare that you'll never order from them again, take it all the way and declare that you'll never order anything from the UK (or possibly from any international shipper) again.

If they didn't offer a replacement, you could just tell your credit card company that you didn't receive it and get a refund. So they've gotta replace it if they want your money.

But really, Amazon UK should always get tracking info for international shipments. I would think they'd save money that way over replacing lost shipments, but I guess they calculated otherwise.

[quote name='eastx']If they didn't offer a replacement, you could just tell your credit card company that you didn't receive it and get a refund. So they've gotta replace it if they want your money.[/QUOTE]

Incorrect. If they have a disclaimer that says that items are shipped at the buyer's risk which the buyer agrees to when making the purchase, and they can provide proof that the item was shipped, they're under no such obligation. At best, your credit card company might reimburse you for the cost anyway; however, Amazon will still get their money.

[quote name='eastx']But really, Amazon UK should always get tracking info for international shipments. I would think they'd save money that way over replacing lost shipments, but I guess they calculated otherwise.[/QUOTE]

International shipping with tracking from shipment to delivery is very expensive. Even the DHL shipping that they were using for some people which had tracking on it basically stopped when the parcel reached the US and was handed over to Customs/USPS. If you want tracking on your parcel, you're going to pay for it -- I'm not sure because I've never tried it, but I would suspect that the (much more expensive) expedited shipping option includes tracking. If you want cheap shipping, though, you're going to have to take what you can get.

It's been a month since my replacement order was shipped out on 01/03/11 with an estimated delivery date of 01/17/11, and nothing so far.

Looks like it'll be a while longer before it arrives, if I had to guess. @whee.

[quote name='Gamer_Boy14']Am I the only person who hasn't got mine?[/QUOTE]

Nah. I ordered on 12/16, estimated arrival of 1/12, and nothing. Late last week I emailed them, and they immediately said they'd be shipping out a replacement. At this point, I really don't care whether I get a refund or the movies, I just want one or the other. If this one doesn't show up either, I'll be asking for money back.

[quote name='shrike4242']It's been a month since my replacement order was shipped out on 01/03/11 with an estimated delivery date of 01/17/11, and nothing so far.

Looks like it'll be a while longer before it arrives, if I had to guess. @whee.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, mine that shipped out on January 20th isn't here yet either. Also, that CD order which I mentioned earlier that my girlfriend made on January 10th, that I said parcels were already arriving from -- we got all of the smaller, one or two item parcels, but the one larger parcel that had the most items in it hasn't arrived yet, and it had an estimated delivery date of January 31st.

This is disturbing to me that this is still a problem now -- I was willing to write it off as weather/holiday-related issues previously, but there's no good excuse for why it's still happening. I'd like to know what the issue is at this point. I really want to do another Amazon UK order, but I'm waiting for a sign that these problems have been sorted out.

[quote name='arcane93']Yeah, mine that shipped out on January 20th isn't here yet either. Also, that CD order which I mentioned earlier that my girlfriend made on January 10th, that I said parcels were already arriving from -- we got all of the smaller, one or two item parcels, but the one larger parcel that had the most items in it hasn't arrived yet, and it had an estimated delivery date of January 31st.

This is disturbing to me that this is still a problem now -- I was willing to write it off as weather/holiday-related issues previously, but there's no good excuse for why it's still happening. I'd like to know what the issue is at this point. I really want to do another Amazon UK order, but I'm waiting for a sign that these problems have been sorted out.[/QUOTE]By my guesstimates of when I might see it, I'm expecting it to show up the middle of next week, as it would be 45 days from the ship date of 01/03/11.

I placed two other orders from Amazon.co.uk over the weekend, both of them book orders. One was dispatched yesterday via Royal mail w/o tracking information, the other one was a pre-order that releases on 02/25/11, so it should dispatch in a couple of weeks.

In semi-related news, I placed an order for an item from Amazon.com that was shipped from the UK, and it took about 8-10 mailing days to arrive. That order was another book, so we'll see if my recently dispatched book order shows up before Alien Anthology #2.

If the items I ordered from Amazon.co.uk were available elsewhere, I might have ordered them elsewhere, though they were UK-only items that I couldn't find elsewhere on the Internet.

I'm still waiting on the resent/replacement order that was shipped over 3 weeks ago. Ridiculous. And I can't even use the "it's the usual Christmas delay" thing to make myself feel better about it now that it's Feb.

I got mine no problem. Really great quality blu rays. They made it feel like the original Alien was made in the early 90s vs 1979.

ordered 12/15 scheduled delivery 12/29. replacement was shipped in january scheduled delivery 2/3. still nothing. they just refunded me the money. i don't get it. i ordered from amazon uk before and had no issues. how do you lose a packqge twice with the same products? sounds a little fishy.

[quote name='arcane93']Incorrect. If they have a disclaimer that says that items are shipped at the buyer's risk which the buyer agrees to when making the purchase, and they can provide proof that the item was shipped, they're under no such obligation. At best, your credit card company might reimburse you for the cost anyway; however, Amazon will still get their money.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry not true, they can have any disclaimer they want, it doesn't mean it will hold up in court.

Also mine had a delivery date of Feb 10th and hasnt arrived yet

[quote name='Brian9824']Sorry not true, they can have any disclaimer they want, it doesn't mean it will hold up in court.[/QUOTE]

Again, if they can provide proof that the item was shipped, they are not going to be held responsible. Their obligation only lasts until the point that the item leaves their possession. Do you really, truly think that any court is going to hold a seller responsible for the postal service's fuck up?

Beyond that, who (in the US, anyway) is going to go to the effort of taking a UK company to court over a ~$40 item, anyway? Even if you wanted to, you wouldn't get anywhere trying to sue Amazon US, as they're run as two separate companies.

[quote name='arcane93']Again, if they can provide proof that the item was shipped, they are not going to be held responsible. Their obligation only lasts until the point that the item leaves their possession. Do you really, truly think that any court is going to hold a seller responsible for the postal service's fuck up?

[/QUOTE]

Do you think any court is going to find a consumer liable for not recieving a product they paid for when they have no control over the packing or shipping process? The fault is with amazon who has a special business account with the postal service and can take steps to identify and troubleshoot how the package was lost.

They assume liability until the item has been delivered to the customer at which point the customer is responsible for the merchandise. Its the businesses responsibility to get it to the customer. If their postal service loses the package they need to refund it or send a replacement and then take the issue up with the post office.

That's standard business law. It's also why amazon will re-send a package if you report it as never having been delivered because they know it will be their responsibility. They will then contact the post office and investigate if they feel its worth it.

[quote name='Brian9824']Do you think any court is going to find a consumer liable for not recieving a product they paid for when they have no control over the packing or shipping process? The fault is with amazon who has a special business account with the postal service and can take steps to identify and troubleshoot how the package was lost.

They assume liability until the item has been delivered to the customer at which point the customer is responsible for the merchandise. Its the businesses responsibility to get it to the customer. If their postal service loses the package they need to refund it or send a replacement and then take the issue up with the post office.

That's standard business law. It's also why amazon will re-send a package if you report it as never having been delivered because they know it will be their responsibility. They will then contact the post office and investigate if they feel its worth it.[/QUOTE]

This would actually fall under contract law, just sayin'. I mean there could be statutory protections as well but considering the statutes that would be applicable are European Union or United Kingdom, they wouldn't mean much because you're not a EU/UK citizen.

I'm no expert but we have trade laws with EU and since they are shipping to the US they are subject to some of our laws, but either way last time I checked contract laws for the EU for this were the same as the US.

Either way any reasonable court would hold the business liable since the customer has no control over shipping services, packing, etc. It's all dependant on the business.

Amazon.uk already contacted me and told me that if i haven't recieved my order by the 18th they will ship out a replacement so they have basically acnowledged they are responsible.

[quote name='Brian9824']I'm no expert but we have trade laws with EU and since they are shipping to the US they are subject to some of our laws, but either way last time I checked contract laws for the EU for this were the same as the US.

Either way any reasonable court would hold the business liable since the customer has no control over shipping services, packing, etc. It's all dependant on the business.

Amazon.uk already contacted me and told me that if i haven't recieved my order by the 18th they will ship out a replacement so they have basically acnowledged they are responsible.[/QUOTE]

Believe me, the legal analysis of this problem is far more in depth than that.

My replacement copy finally showed up today, about 40 days after dispatch.

Handed it off to the USPS as delivery refused and asked them to return it to sender.

I still have yet to receive my replacement order (after the first order was supposedly returned)... Delivery estimate was Feb 11, so hopefully will make it soon. I ordered Jan 20.

[quote name='Brian9824']I'm no expert but we have trade laws with EU and since they are shipping to the US they are subject to some of our laws, but either way last time I checked contract laws for the EU for this were the same as the US.

Amazon.uk already contacted me and told me that if i haven't recieved my order by the 18th they will ship out a replacement so they have basically acnowledged they are responsible.[/QUOTE]

Just because they are sending you a new one doesn't mean they are acknowledging responsibility. In my eyes, they are just trying to keep their customer happy (plus I guarantee they put insurance on almost every item they ship out, so it's not like they lose any money off of lost items). You think you'd ever shop at Amazon again if they said "Sorry, we can't do anything about it" and made you take it up with the USPS? I most certainly would not. It is worth it to spend the extra money to replace your item than risk losing you as a customer.

I highly doubt Amazon would assume responsibility for a lost item. If you sued Amazon, they would defer it to USPS/UPS/FedEx/or whoever.

That being said, I have not read the Amazon EULA and I can bet it says something in there about lost items.

I wish this thread would die. Everytime I see it I secretly hope it's the US amazon then about a half a second later I realize it's this UK horror story thread :( :lol:

[quote name='mr_bungle']I wish this thread would die. Everytime I see it I secretly hope it's the US amazon then about a half a second later I realize it's this UK horror story thread :( :lol:[/QUOTE]Is the title of this thread, "Alien Anthology [Blu-Ray] ONLY $47 shipped from Amazon UK" really that unclear? :lol:

[quote name='shrike4242']Is the title of this thread, "Alien Anthology [Blu-Ray] ONLY $47 shipped from Amazon UK" really that unclear? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I read it as, Alien Anthology [Blu-Ray] ONLY $47 shipped [/B] on the forum index page, then get a little giddy and see from Amazon UK and am like, :cry: well...I was hoping maybe today was the day it dropped in price :lol:

So my Anthology was supposed to show up around the end of January and of course it didn't. I'm not sure if there is any chance of the package being rerouted to my new address but I really doubt it. The old landlord would probably notify me if any packages showed up at the old address but who knows. Regardless I don't have to worry because when I contacted Amazon UK's customer service earlier tonight they quickly responed and told me I'd be given a full refund. They also mentioned that if I ever recieve the Alien blu-rays in the mail that I can simply keep them or perhaps donate them to a local charity. They also mentioned that I could let them know that I'd recieved the items and they could charge me the $45. Amazing customer service.

Wow. Damn, I wish I had waited -- I haven't gotten around to watching mine yet other than putting the first movie in for a few minutes to check out how it looked on blu-ray. Didn't think it would drop like that anytime soon . . .

For anyone that's hesitant because of our earlier experiences with Amazon UK's shipping, I will say that it seems like they've gotten the issue under control. I've done a couple of orders more recently and have gotten them in a much more timely manner. That's not a guarantee, of course, but maybe it will help you to decide.

bread's done
Back