Amazon 19 Days of Deals + Afternoon Lightning Deals - Today: The Finale

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Don't forget to check back in the afternoon, as Lightning Deals are expected daily.
iconamazon.gif
Amazon 19 Days of Deals

:pc: Amazon Game Downloads offers $1.99 Puzzle Games, including:

Late Breaking Deals - Check this page for more downloadable deals *NOTE: These will change more frequently than other promotions during this time period.*:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KidInTheHall']Yeah unfortunately Amazon is owning us console gamers hard, I feel like we've pissed them off in some way and we don't know how to make it better, like an angry girlfriend.

Please Amazon tell me what I did wrong baby, I love you.[/QUOTE]

I personally bought more from Best Buy and Gamefly the past 6 weeks. I don't need you Amazon, you overpriced hooker.

[quote name='KidInTheHall']Yeah unfortunately Amazon is owning us console gamers hard, I feel like we've pissed them off in some way and we don't know how to make it better, like an angry girlfriend.

Please Amazon tell me what I did wrong baby, I love you.[/QUOTE]

Their sales levels are fine, so they're not putting them on sale. It's not a difficult concept.

[quote name='brutalny']amazon is going to be real pissed when they are sitting on 20,000 copies of mw3 next year and cod 4 comes out.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

not really. They have enough clout to be able to get credit for them from Activision.

So just cause you want there to be a deal doesnt mean there must be a deal.

[quote name='TopsideKracker']Amazon's deals haven't all been bad. I think the problem is there are so many crappy deals that the good ones are easily forgotten.[/QUOTE]

People just like to bitch. I've gotten a few things this season from Amazon. Not as much as BB but they're still good.

[quote name='TopsideKracker']Amazon's deals haven't all been bad. I think the problem is there are so many crappy deals that the good ones are easily forgotten.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, digging through a pile of shit just to find one deal is not worth my time. I stopped watching this thread altogether a week ago.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Like the deal on Dungeon Siege III yesterday. Which was awesome.[/QUOTE]

Or the Resistance 3 for $20. Or the $299 XB360 w/ $100 credit.

Even the Divinity deal yesterday was good although it didn't quite hit the price people were hoping for. A $5 price drop isn't that much but it already had a good price on it at $20.

[quote name='velvet396']Their sales levels are fine, so they're not putting them on sale. It's not a difficult concept.[/QUOTE]

I've been following every day for at least a month now and they've been beaten on some fronts and only price matched on many others. To people that don't have to pay tax or shipping with Prime this makes the better deal in my opinion, but I understand that others have the advantage of a nearby Best Buy, have neither of the advantages I just mentioned, want the game immediately, detest lightning deals+this year's glitches, etc.

I still see good deals almost every day on lesser known or less desirable titles by the average person on this site (note: not talking about inherently broken or bad games here, just the less popular ones). Unfortunately, much like an angry fantasy football owner hating on otherwise quality players because they don't give them what they needed, we're forced to view the negativity here for the most part while positive comments get drowned out.

The problem is that people with pure shit for taste complain when the sales don't match what they want

I looked at the deals and said, what is this call of duty day?

And it was! I guess I'll check back if they have a decent price on AC:R tomorrow.

Amazon deserves to get slammed for crap sales like this. When they put stuff up with prices that are higher than sale prices from months if not years ago then yeah have at it I say. I didn't bite on Black Ops for $19.99 from GameFly last week so I'm certainly not going to pay $38 for it new this week. In the end I just feel bad for all the parents out there that see a "sale" like this and end up getting ripped off while trying to get their kids presents.

[quote name='Lucky13'] I didn't bite on Black Ops for $19.99 from GameFly last week so I'm certainly not going to pay $38 for it new this week. [/QUOTE]
Well those are nothing at all similar so you're doing great

[quote name='Jaysonguy']The problem is that people with pure shit for taste complain when the sales don't match what they want[/QUOTE]

No. They complain when the deals aren't really deals and especially since their worse than what Amazon previously sold these same games for (not on BF/CM).

Most of these sales have been geared towards the casual audience.

Waaaaahhh why isn't the game I want on sale?

I MUST have what I want on sale at the sale price that I want.

waaaah.

This pretty much sum it up? Get a grip people. People are crying over in the BB thread too just cause they have Reach on sale. BB misses for one day and the world is ending.

[quote name='confoosious']This pretty much sum it up? Get a grip people. People are crying over in the BB thread too just cause they have Reach on sale. BB misses for one day and the world is ending.[/QUOTE]

I don't agree. After the last three years of Amazon really aggressively matching and creating their own sales, this year they chose to only occasionally match, often long after other retailers and sometimes for very limited periods of time. This is the first year I have ever spent less than $100 on Amazon during the holidays. I spent over $700 at Best Buy, Walmart, Gamestop and several other retailers because Amazon either didn't match or beat the prices even with tax, never got the items in stock (Zelda 3ds in particular) or were unable to deliver my goods in acceptable shape (Zelda CE Wii). They even sent me two broken cased $20 Resistance 3s in a row. While Amazon is still good for some things, it's pretty clear they can't safely deliver collector's editions and don't have the best prices on most video games anymore. Maybe they don't care and maybe I'm not their audience in which case I'm perfectly happy to shop elsewhere.

[quote name='confoosious']This pretty much sum it up? Get a grip people. People are crying over in the BB thread too just cause they have Reach on sale. BB misses for one day and the world is ending.[/QUOTE]

I know it's crazy, I mean all these different people who want everything super cheap, bunch of a cheap ass gamers is all they are, we should make a site for them and get them out of here......wait a minute.....

[quote name='KidInTheHall']I know it's crazy, I mean all these different people who want everything super cheap, bunch of a cheap ass gamers is all they are, we should make a site for them and get them out of here......wait a minute.....[/QUOTE]

There's a difference between being a cheap bargain hunter and being a whiny brat.

There's nothing I like more than a good deal.

[quote name='confoosious']There's a difference between being a cheap bargain hunter and being a whiny brat.

There's nothing I like more than a good deal.[/QUOTE]

0h sure sure of course.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Well those are nothing at all similar so you're doing great[/QUOTE]

You obviously didn't get the point I was trying to make.

As is typical, there will be after Xmas deals, and also coming down the pipe there will be XBLA deals on Wednesday and XBLA deals on Xmas weekend.

If you did not get you fav soon, it will probably come along or...I doubt there CAGs without a huge backlog.

I do not see what there is to cry abou

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I'm really upset amazon isn't giving everything away. They will no longer get my business.[/QUOTE]

Dude, amazon is the FAILZ lately. Back in the day, brah, they used to send you free games AND $10 bills. Now they got all corpirite and shit.

[quote name='slowdive21']They added:

Turtle Beach Call of Duty: MW3 Ear Force Bravo Limited Edition Programmable Wireless Universal Gaming Headset

1 hour 25 mintues
[/QUOTE]

$130 for the Bravos, $10 more than a week ago.

Also:
G155-Gaming and Entertainment Mobile System
$230

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I'm really upset amazon isn't giving everything away. They will no longer get my business.[/QUOTE]

Word ! Atleast gamefly gave me two free games so Im going there now for my shopping. All amazon does is mediocre deals like resistance and killzone 3 for 20 ........

[quote name='gantt']$130 for the Bravos, $10 more than a week ago.

Also:
G155-Gaming and Entertainment Mobile System
$230[/QUOTE]
I really hope they do the PX5's again within the next few weeks, as I would gladly pay 10, even 20 more than last weeks price, and still be happy. 149.99 for those was a sick price, and even though I missed out, I can't imagine to many had a problem with that price. LOL Prices can always be lower, but as we are seeing with Amazon this year, they can always be higher as well.

[quote name='confoosious']Dude, amazon is the FAILZ lately. Back in the day, brah, they used to send you free games AND $10 bills. Now they got all corpirite and shit.[/QUOTE]

corpirite??

[quote name='confoosious']Dude, amazon is the FAILZ lately. Back in the day, brah, they used to send you free games AND $10 bills. Now they got all corpirite and shit.[/QUOTE]

:lol:
Wow. One thing's for sure. If you go to an Amazon thread and don't get a good deal, you sure will get a good laugh.

No more evening videogame Lightning Deals added at the last minute, Amazon?

After the Bravo and Foxtrot, I thought for sure there'd be another crack at those crapola Deltas...

Group holiday party this afternoon, perhaps?

[quote name='vice1611']Any guesses what the "deals" on Assassin's Creed is going to be?[/QUOTE]

Some of these days just seem to be bought advertisement by publishers. Each day has been random so it's pretty much a toss up.

You know, yeah the deals haven't been that great on Amazon but so what?

As a business and in general for everyone times are tough. So this year they aren't giving things away at a huge loss when it comes to games, it's not like they haven't had some decent deals and still priced matched most games on Black Friday.

I've gotten some nice deals in the past. And well even at slightly higher prices, for many they had decent deals, maybe not this type of website's member's preferable deals but still deals. Then again are many of us here their target? Likely no.

I'm not saying I'm pro Amazon this and that, but they've saved me quite a bit of money on things I've bought over the years, so what's one slightly abnormal holiday from them.

They are a business, they don't owe us anything. It's not like selling games at slightly less of a loss is going to hurt them by us not buying them.

People need to stop acting like it's their right for Amazon to sell games to you for next to nothing. It's annoying and pompous.

And lastly, do most of the people complaining really need more games? Don't most of us already have a backlog to begin with?

If you really have $10-20 to burn like nothing, go donate it this holiday to someone who really needs it. There are a lot of people that could use that now of days, and this is coming from someone who makes terrible money that's barely enough to live in an apartment, but is at least thankful to have a job with benefits right now...there are people worse off than me in our own country (and other places).

I have been a getting good laugh out of all the people in this thread making ridiculous contortions about how Amazon is bad because they aren't giving them deals.

The funniest post is the one guy stating how amazing Best Buy is despite the 11 month previous QQ about that place.

bread's done
Back