Amazon 3ds matched kmart with $25 off game.

ps2emotions

CAGiversary!
Amazon has matched kmart but I still might swing by kmart sunday morning because I have to pay tax either way. Just such a hassle trying to get anything at my local kmart so I may go amazon route.

I'm happy to have to wait to use that credit after release. I'd like to see which games have the best reviews before plunking down any cash for hurried launch titles.

[quote name='skubish']Surprised at all the deals on the 3DS and games. It makes me think preorders are low.[/QUOTE]

No need to overthink it. It's prob just some co-op dollars flowing through.

[quote name='skubish']Surprised at all the deals on the 3DS and games. It makes me think preorders are low.[/QUOTE]

1.6 million launch units.

I'm surprised retailers are still taking preorders for the 3DS. I have a 3DS preordered, but no launch games interest me. On the fence for all of this. Wish Zelda was a launch game :cry:

ok this is awesome; no tax; and yes I won't have it on sunday but for free Prime shipping I will wait till wednesday

Me:I placed an order for the 3ds and noticed you have game promos going on!! Do they stack since I ordered the 3ds with 2 games would i get 45.00 credit then (25 - console) (10for one game) (10 for the other game)
Mahesh:Hello, my name is Mahesh. I'll be happy to help you.
Me:thanks
Mahesh:Gerald, let me check your order.
Me:thank you
Mahesh:I verified your order and confirm that you'll receive all promotional credits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will amazon ship the 3ds on Friday so we will get it Monday? Or will amazon ship it Monday and we will get it Tuesday?

[quote name='blitz64']Will amazon ship the 3ds on Friday so we will get it Monday? Or will amazon ship it Monday and we will get it Tuesday?[/QUOTE]

I think that quite a few people have the same question. Nintendo's habit of releasing items on Sunday is a bit annoying. For those that ordered with overnight shipping, they will likely not even get it before Monday (depending on who Amazon uses for shipping). I know UPS and Fedex normally do not make 'residential' deliveries on Saturday or Sunday.

That said, all retailers probably already have their shipments or will receive them on Friday. So, local mom & pop stores could probably start selling these tomorrow.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']Man, I wish I could get the $25 credit on the copy of Street Fighter I already have preordered with them. It does say existing preorders though, hmm....[/QUOTE]

The credit is for buying the system

[quote name='blitz64']Will amazon ship the 3ds on Friday so we will get it Monday? Or will amazon ship it Monday and we will get it Tuesday?[/QUOTE]

Amazon won't ship these until Monday am. I hate Nintendo for their Sunday releases.

im really surprised the 3ds is even still available for pre order, let alone they are actually running a decent promo for it. I'm still sticking with target, 5 percent red debit card discount plus 5 dollar gift card. I'll buy my 2 games from toys r us. The few dollars extra in total is worth the fun of getting a system on lunch day for me.

I love Amazon - almost all of my discretionary income goes to them. But, I'm not seeing how these deals are that great. They definitely won't stop me from buying the system at Target (the 5% discount using their credit card + the extra $4 I get from the gift card since I bought the pre-sell card makes up for the lack of tax from Amazon) and then buying the games at Toys R Us with their buy 1/get 1 half off promo.

Amazon's deal would be better if they applied these discounts NOW rather than making people wait to get the credit. It isn't like they don't apply discounts to your cart when multiple items in a promo are bought... they must not have wanted to deal with people cancelling their orders and re-ordering. Although, given how this obviously isn't a sell-out, I don't know what that would've mattered. Had I been able to add everything to my card and get the discounts NOW, I might be more tempted. As it is, I'll be heading out Sunday morning.

[quote name='skubish']Amazon won't ship these until Monday am. I hate Nintendo for their Sunday releases.[/QUOTE]

They did (for the first time as far as I noticed) ship out that last Pokemon game over the weekend and it somehow got to here on a Monday. I was surprised. I usually don't expect Sunday releases until Wednesday.

amazon actually does offer saturday and sunday delivery for a lot of items in major markets. I don't see it as an option for any of the 3ds stuff though. They also do same day delivery. Depending on when Amazon shows it as being in stock, as opposed to a pre order, its possible to get it on monday with same day delivery if you wait till monday to order.

[quote name='confoosious']The credit is for buying the system[/QUOTE]

I know, I have both the system and SF preordered through amazon. Different orders too.

Keep in mind, Amazon only puts those dates as an estimate.

My copy of Ridge Racer 3DS wasn't supposed to arrive until tomorrow (25th). I actually received it on Tuesday (22nd), so I was given release date delivery. I love when Amazon surprises you like that.

Order placed.

Screw it. I'm cancelling my Gamestop pre-orders. Including tax, I was looking at spending over $350 with the 3DS, SFIV, and Pilotwings if I got the games at Gamestop and over $330 if I got the games at TRU. I may have to wait a few days longer, but I'm gonna be spending less than $300 total. Just gonna have to wait till the end of next week for SF. Signed up for a free Prime trial. I just have to remember to cancel before the month is up.

Now that I think about it, I don't even have to cancel at Gamestop. I'll just use the $ I have down on the 3DS towards WWE All-Stars. I'm going to Raw on Monday anyway, so I'm not missing a ton of play time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet. I'll be getting SSFIV with this credit. Hopefully the 10 dollar credit will still be available for the game when I get my 25 dollar credit.

damn they are making this hard to cancel. doubt I'll get a better deal on a 3DS than a $25 credit, unless I keep my eyes glued to warehousedeals.

I'm torn, but I'm leaning toward sticking with Kmart. I get taxed by Amazon at my current house, but I could get it shipped to my new house in Georgia - no tax. But then I'd have to wait until I go to the new house to actually play it, which won't be until 5-6 days after launch. So my debate is: is it worth the $15 tax to have it the first day (conversely, is it worth waiting 5-6 days to save $15 in tax)

I am going to make out pretty good too. I preordered the 3ds in January. I still had 100.00 credit with amazon left over from that promo where you buy a ps3 slim and get a 100.00 credit. So after tax my 3ds will be 161.00. Now not only is this 25.00 thing pretty sweet, but the additional 10.00 one as well. So i am assuming if i want the 10.00 one i have to order my first game RIGHT NOW? Is the 10.00 thing going to stick around a while so i can i wait till the 25.00 kicks in and order my first game then? If not i will probally just get street fighter now then decide what i want for a second game....madden maybe?

I love Amazon. I had a ton of trade in credit saved up so I was able to get a 3DS and Pilotwings for free. And now I get more credit? Awesome.

[quote name='KemperJones']Order placed.

Screw it. I'm cancelling my Gamestop pre-orders. Including tax, I was looking at spending over $350 with the 3DS, SFIV, and Pilotwings if I got the games at Gamestop and over $330 if I got the games at TRU. I may have to wait a few days longer, but I'm gonna be spending less than $300 total. Just gonna have to wait till the end of next week for SF. Signed up for a free Prime trial. I just have to remember to cancel before the month is up.

Now that I think about it, I don't even have to cancel at Gamestop. I'll just use the $ I have down on the 3DS towards WWE All-Stars. I'm going to Raw on Monday anyway, so I'm not missing a ton of play time.[/QUOTE]

You get to see The Rock in person, and that is an electrifying experience in itself.

[quote name='Matt Young']You get to see The Rock in person, and that is an electrifying experience in itself.[/QUOTE]

I know, I'm psyched. I was at the Hall of Fame ceremony before Mania 24, so I got to see him induct his father and grandfather. I consider myself lucky to be able to see him live again, considering how little he involves himself with WWE nowadays. Just hoping he nails Cena with a Rock Bottom :pray:.

Well, I currently want 6 of the launch games along with the 3DS. #1 - Ridge Racer 3D, shipped Monday and arrived Thursday using UPS Ground (aka: free 2 day shipping). I canceled 2 more of the games (Steel Diver & Bust-a-Move). Leaving the 3DS, and the other 3 launch titles (Street Fighter, Monkey Ball & Pilotwings). Now, to wait for however many credits I'm supposed to get then order Bust-a-Move & Steel Diver. Fun fun.

---

Update: just got an email, I think I screwed something up.

What I said: The game shipped on Monday, so with the free 2-day shipping, it was supposed to be here on Wednesday, it's Thursday, and I don't have, even though it's scheduled and out for delivery, still, another 3-day delivery, that's not good. Also, I noticed you put a pile of credit offers on the Nintendo 3DS and all launch titles. I would like to get in on this for Ridge Racer 3D, a credit of some kind maybe? Selected Order Items: Ridge Racer 3D

What they said: I’m sorry to learn that you have not received your order--it appears that your shipment was lost in transit. I've placed a new order that's listed below. There's no charge for this replacement order. We'll ship it to the same address as soon as possible. I've also upgraded the shipping method to One-Day Shipping at no additional charge.

Does anyone know target and TRU scan the console's serial number in the receipt? If they don't, you can literally buy the system at any of the B&M store, then when the system you ordered at amazon arrives, you can return that to the store you bought it with receipt.

So the real question is if the $10 credit offer will still be available when my $25 system credit hits. If so, that means two 3DS games for $22.49 a piece, albeit a few days apart (no big deal to me). I would definitely be in for both Pilotwings and Steel Diver.

If not, then just Pilotwings.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Does anyone know target and TRU scan the console's serial number in the receipt? If they don't, you can literally buy the system at any of the B&M store, then when the system you ordered at amazon arrives, you can return that to the store you bought it with receipt.[/QUOTE]

And that, kids, is what us grown ups call "return fraud."

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Does anyone know target and TRU scan the console's serial number in the receipt? If they don't, you can literally buy the system at any of the B&M store, then when the system you ordered at amazon arrives, you can return that to the store you bought it with receipt.[/QUOTE]

moron.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Is the $10 preorder credit that was offered on SSFIV and Super Monkey Ball still going to be honored?[/QUOTE]

No reason why it shouldn't. The $25 towards select games is a separate deal.

Meh, i would go with Amazon, but i dont feel like waiting until Tuesday/Wednesday to see my 3DS. (Fed-Ex is super unreliable in my area

[quote name='confoosious']No reason why it shouldn't. The $25 towards select games is a separate deal.[/QUOTE]
No, not cuz of the $25 deal. Both SSFIV and Monkey Ball had $10 credits individually before the buy one, get $10 off another one deal popped up. Now they are both listed under the new deal, and the old deal disappeared. I had them both preordered before the new deal popped up, so I think I will get $10 credit on each of the games.

Choose your word wisely. How can associate the worrd 'fraud'? Jus because of me taking advantage of other retailer's promo that this particular retailer don't? Are you counting the retailer's time effort to put the product out in the store to sell?

As a consumer, we should always get the best deal we can. I would use the word 'return fraud' when if I tried to refund an opened package or used product and return it as 'new item'.

You got your opinion, thats fine. Others calling me a 'moron' thats fine as well. But as for me, in this shit economy, every dollar counts. When I say that, I shouldnt be buying games. But I wanna LYK that I'm just trying to save much as I can. Do I feel guilty? Not at all. Because I know the system I intend to return will be new and good to sell it other consumer.

Awesome! I wasn't planning on getting any launch titles as I'm quite happy playing Pokemon White until May when DOA comes out but this means I can get SSFIV for $5(after the $25 credit from the 3DS and $10 from Crysis 2). I have a question and I know it says it on the page but has anyone had a problem receiving these types of bonuses when pre-ordering BEFORE they showed up? Again I know it says applied to all existing pre-orders but just want to be safe.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Choose your word wisely. How can associate the worrd 'fraud'? Jus because of me taking advantage of other retailer's promo that this particular retailer don't? Are you counting the retailer's time effort to put the product out in the store to sell?

As a consumer, we should always get the best deal we can. I would use the word 'return fraud' when if I tried to refund an opened package or used product and return it as 'new item'.

You got your opinion, thats fine. Others calling me a 'moron' thats fine as well. But as for me, in this shit economy, every dollar counts. When I say that, I shouldnt be buying games. But I wanna LYK that I'm just trying to save much as I can. Do I feel guilty? Not at all. Because I know the system I intend to return will be new and good to sell it other consumer.[/QUOTE]

the more you talk, the more you demonstrate that you're a moron.

please let those of us with more than a 65 IQ discuss the actual 3DS deals.

---

Ionotropic - sorry, I didn't realize you were talking about something else. If what you're saying will work, I might end up with 3 launch titles.

Seems 3ds game $10 coupon is retroactive, even if order has been shipped. Just got promo credit for Ghost Recon that I ordered on Tuesday and arriving today.

Too bad I already left a note on the door to refuse shipment so I can get in on the toys r us deal...

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Choose your word wisely. How can associate the worrd 'fraud'? Jus because of me taking advantage of other retailer's promo that this particular retailer don't? Are you counting the retailer's time effort to put the product out in the store to sell?

You got your opinion, thats fine. Others calling me a 'moron' thats fine as well. But as for me, in this shit economy, every dollar counts. When I say that, I shouldnt be buying games. But I wanna LYK that I'm just trying to save much as I can. Do I feel guilty? Not at all. Because I know the system I intend to return will be new and good to sell it other consumer.[/QUOTE]
If every dollar counts why not just wait a few extra days, pay no taxes, shipping costs, and not drive around wasting gas, or another companies time.

Pretty sure any hardware bought has the serial scanned so it starts your warranty, so throw any logic you had out the window.

It is retroactive, I got email too....and with 10% tax in Chicago, plus only 1 toys r us within 15 miles, I'll be ordering via amazon.

Well, I must admit, I won't be spending any additional on gas or bus fee. Because both places are within walking distances(a little less than 2 miles). So that's that. My only problems that if only order at amazon, the 'it will take couple of days to get here' kind of deal. And I'm a big cheap nerd so I would like to have it from day one.

I remember circuit city scanned th serial number when I bought 360 in '06. And target didn't when I bought wii in '07. But I don't know about target today scanning the system's serial number. Thanks anyway. Moron out.

Just heard back from Amazon customer service, I'll be getting $25 for the system I already have on order and $10 for Super Street Fighter IV (also already on order). In addition to that, I bought Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars yesterday (arrived today) and they applied $10 in credit for that order as well.

Does anyone know if the $25 promo and the $10 promo will stack?? Essentially being able to have a $35 credit for a single Nintendo 3DS game?

i love how amazon hasn't even updated product descriptions for some games yet. instead using the retail buyer's pitch:

"Why to Buy: PROVEN CASUAL GAME FRANCHISE: BUST-A-MOVE titles have sold over half a million copies ICONIC CHARACTERS: Bub and Bob are instantly recognized by gamers as the heroes of BUST-A-MOVE BUBBLE BOBBLE and other strong game IPs VALUE PRICING: BUST-A-MOVE UNIVERSE will come in at a price point below other platform launch titles making a compelling case for early platform adopters to purchase this title as a second game. Key Features: BUST-A-MOVE BUSTS OUT OF YOUR SCREEN IN FULL 3D: BUST-A-MOVE goes full vibrant 3D in BUST-A-MOVE UNIVERSE! POP POP POP!: Match three or more bubbles of the same color and clear away a field of impending bubble doom! A WHOLE UNIVERSE OF FUN: Clear dozens of challenging levels as you explore an entire universe filled with puzzle fun!Format: NINTENDO DS Genre: GAMES/PUZZLES (VG) Rating: E Age: 662248910444 UPC: 662248910444 Manufacturer No: 91044"

Man, I didn't think they'd match K-Mart.

Tax free!

Does anyone know if the $25 promo and the $10 promo will stack?? Essentially being able to have a $35 credit for a single Nintendo 3DS game?
Yeah, it's just promo credit. Should be fine.

[quote name='BrandonJF']They did (for the first time as far as I noticed) ship out that last Pokemon game over the weekend and it somehow got to here on a Monday. I was surprised. I usually don't expect Sunday releases until Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

My copy of Pokemon from Amazon was delivered on Sunday morning. I was pretty surprised to see the mini-van pull up and the guy deliver the game.

bread's done
Back